Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

4 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

So, here's Michael Smith's Instagram story from this morning.

First run in a month.  And our players are wanting full whack??

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

That’s ****in disgusting.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

My reading of the situation is that AB has said they can go for free now but only Dikamona has done so (even if he does intend to come back).  No one else has taken up that offer as they obviously don't want to go without a wage until...whenever.  A similar situation (no pay) arises with the suspenstion under Article 12.

However they are now asking for the promise of a free transfer if they accept the present offer of between 70%-90% of their current wage.  In other words, please pay me the slightly reduced wage in the interim period and if a better offer comes along for next season I'll be off but otherwise I shall stay.  I don't know if they think AB has MUG stamped on her forehead but in any case they are type of players we really don't want at our club.

It would be interesting to know just how many of the first team squad are involved in this.

I agree totally with the highlighted part and we will soon she if she is which I very much doubt.

5 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Another easily replaceable player. 

Quick question, and i'm genuinely asking as I can't find much about it.

Where does the Scottish PFA actually get their money from?

Players paying subs?

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Players paying subs?

Yes. They pay a fee to be part of the PFA. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yes. They pay a fee to be part of the PFA. 

Cheers.

Wasn't sure if they were a registered charity.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Has Michael Smith been injured? or has just been playing football manager for the last month 

Surely any professional football player is taking responsibility for keeping themselves in good shape just now and the club have given them fitness programme's to do 

15 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Quite frightening really. Surely keeping half decent fitness over this period is all you would expect of a professional football player. Even more bizzare that he would admit to this on social media. Not the brightest of moves.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It would be interesting to know just how many of the first team squad are involved in this.

I agree totally with the highlighted part and we will soon she if she is which I very much doubt.

I'd guess that someone whose contract is nearly finished will try to extract as much from the club as possible as they'll have no guarantee of employment after next month.

9 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

I,ve been in furlough.usually do 25km commute to work on the bike if reasonable weather.so roughly 75-100km most weeks but never in evenings or weekends.this week I,ve done 350 km and I'm a wee fat bloke just turned 50 and we're being led to believe that our captain has done his 1st run in a month!I know he won't have been doing nothing (I hope anyway) but what sort of shape will our superstar players be coming back in?

19 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Surprising. And worrying. Would have thought they would be on some sort of fitness plan to keep sharp.

We will be expecting players who have taken a wage cut to give their best for the rest of the season...at present that would seem to be at least 3 months of cuts

We may lose players from the current squad ... despite what many are saying there are players willing to go to court/tribunal to obtain a free transfer from the club if their wages are stopped. Those may include players who are considered first choice in the best team we have.

We may well start playing again behind closed doors as per England and other countries....June seems a likely starting point 

Can we really expect them to perform in the circumstances ? (I understand they have not up to now anyway)

Fans have a loyalty to their club, players on the whole do not

Doing the maths if a player on £3000 per week has a 30% cut for 3 months will that be much different from being without a full salary for even one month.

What is becoming more clear is that the seasons fixtures will be completed to start next season by end August and it will be clearer then what the position will be for fans to be in attendance

That would give us some certainty re fans knowing season tickets start dates as well as just what league we will play in.....any reorganisation better get a move on as I can see many clubs simply allowing it to pass this year  if they think the season can be finished by end of July 2020

One other factor is the contractual position of the players as well...can players leave clubs  for example when their contract is up even though the 19/20 season has not finished ?

Who knows though whether the crisis will have eased to the extent even closed doors matches can take place.

The players dont care about our club and havent for a while,talk is cheap but there heart isn't in it.I cant remember there ever being a bigger disconnect between players and fans for a long long time.

20 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Do you expect him to spend his one hour per day out of the house training for something that isn’t happening for months or spend the time with his wife and kids. Seems like he has had his priorities right. 

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Don’t see anything wrong with what he has posted. Also believe he has agreed pay cut. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Folk want him to be made captain 🙈

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t see anything wrong with what he has posted. Also believe he has agreed pay cut. 

I'm just saying he is easily replaced. 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

I can't imagine Souttar is one wanting to go given how we have stood by him, however if he is then not the type of person we want at club anyway.

If he was I would suggest tearing up his contract right now.would save a fortune in medical bills for a player who might never get to playing at his peak again.(that's only if!)

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, braveheart said:

I,ve been in furlough.usually do 25km commute to work on the bike if reasonable weather.so roughly 75-100km most weeks but never in evenings or weekends.this week I,ve done 350 km and I'm a wee fat bloke just turned 50 and we're being led to believe that our captain has done his 1st run in a month!I know he won't have been doing nothing (I hope anyway) but what sort of shape will our superstar players be coming back in?

Well done on keeping fit. He’s neither our captain or a superstar.

Just now, Cruyff said:

I'm just saying he is easily replaced. 

Well if you consider one of our best players this season easily replaced there's not much more to say

Just now, braveheart said:

If he was I would suggest tearing up his contract right now.would save a fortune in medical bills for a player who might never get to playing at his peak again.(that's only if!)

Nah. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has he been injured? 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Players paying subs?

Yeah as it was mentioned they pay subs, which is why there was such a fuss down south when the PFA chairman’s wages were disclosed at £2.5m a year. The wee hun Wishart can only dream of such money.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is the best player at the club 

But why has he not been out on a daily run 

Just now, CJGJ said:

Well if you consider one of our best players this season easily replaced there's not much more to say

The standards haven't been very high. His best games have been at Centerhalf. I don't rate him at Right Back, his delivery is one of the worst ive ever seen. 

Looks like these cretins have been badly advised by other cretins.    I wonder what their advice will be in the future.    Let's speculate...

What options do I have?

Eh.. well.. Amazon picker?   Fruit picker?   Arse picker?

3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He definitely isn’t. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He couldn’t lace Naismiths boots, can’t pass, cross, shoot, head or throw the ball, backs off like his opponent has got Covid 19. Best player 😆😂🤣🤫.

I think for all football clubs the financial situation is dire.

For Hearts I’m guessing the monthly wage bill (in a time when there are no games) is around £600,000. So how can you cover that?

A 30% wage reduction reduces this monthly wage bill to £400,000. So how can you cover that?

FoH monthly payments (£125,000) cover approximately quarter of that. But how to cover the other £300,000?

Furlough monthly payments for 3 months April, May & June (of up £300,000 I’d estimate) will cover the balance. What happens after June?

Season ticket sales, say 1,000 at average cost of £300 (£300,000) will cover the balance.

So it looks like the only significant  income Hearts will have comes from supporters through FOH subscriptions and ST sales. What happens when ST ticket sales slow?

At that point Hearts will be totally reliant on the ‘bank of last resort’ which is the Bank of Budge!

Queen Ann will save the Hearts again!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you expect him to spend his one hour per day out of the house training for something that isn’t happening for months or spend the time with his wife and kids. Seems like he has had his priorities right. 

absolutey.  He’s more than likely excercising at home. 
Sticking to an hour outside , he’s quite rightly probably spending with his family going on a walk.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree

Also I would be very surprised if he has done no fitness work in the last month. A lot of players are doing cross training at home (listening to a former England and Arsenal physio, he talked about clubs getting equipment out to players so they can do this.) Also we dont know if he has picked up any knocks or strains recently.

As he has always been a great proffesional for the club, I wont slaughter him based on one line of an instagram story yet.

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Has he been injured? 

He has said it was first run. Could have been doing gym work every day. Players were not exempt from lockdown. One hour exercise per day.  Do you really think he should have been out training rather than exercising with his family?  

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He couldn’t lace Naismiths boots, can’t pass, cross, shoot, head or throw the ball, backs off like his opponent has got Covid 19. Best player 😆😂🤣🤫.

Such nonsense. 

41 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

This has sent me over the edge. The absolute state of these guys. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Utter bollocks,  the guys been the most consistent player for us for quite some time now. 

If you had him on Instagram you'd have seen him out taking jogs etc with his young lad at parks so I don't think he has just been sitting on his arse since lock down began

Drain the swamp to coin a popular phrase.

Also there is a few players we would like to keep obviously but if they are looking to get out of the club for free during a crisis then they are not worth keeping and are not fit for the jersey. 

Give them what they want and crack on.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has said it was first run. Could have been doing gym work every day. Players were not exempt from lockdown. One hour exercise per day.  Do you really think he should have been out training rather than exercising with his family?  

My best friend plays professional football in the premier league up here and he’s running, cycling and doing zoom training with his club pretty much daily. Mikey isn’t that stupid, he knows the reaction he’d get from such a daft statement. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Utter bollocks,  the guys been the most consistent player for us for quite some time now. 

If you had him on Instagram you'd have seen him out taking jogs etc with his young lad at parks so I don't think he has just been sitting on his arse since lock down began

Most consistent no doubt, a 6 every game. Still can’t do any of the things I’ve listed. Looking good in amongst this shower of charlatans is not that hard is it? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

48 minutes ago, OTT said:

:D

Hope Ann can quote that when she's tell the players to get to **** later today.

What the ****??most players were still keeping fit i thought they certainly are down south,its still possible to go jogging etc so why has Smith just been sitting at home?😒

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Such nonsense. 

No wonder the club is in such a mess with folk like you idolising bog standard players and managers.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rods said:

Drain the swamp to coin a popular phrase.

Also there is a few players we would like to keep obviously but if they are looking to get out of the club for free during a crisis then they are not worth keeping and are not fit for the jersey. 

Give them what they want and crack on.

There are probably a few of the older players worth keeping, but whether they would want to stay if we are demoted is another thing. Does anyone know what a relegation clause actually consist of, is it just a drop in wages or can either party choose to break it (as Stendels does).

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bit harsh having a dig at Smith. It’s not like the SPFL are talking about completing the remaining games. It’ll be months before Hearts play next. Surprised to say the least that he wouldn’t be more active but I don’t think it really matters

Heard Scott Brown on radio yesterday saying that he's been out cycling and running every day since this all happened - now we can see the problems at Hearts and why were shite when players like Smith have been sitting on there arses for a month

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"I'd keep Michael Smith"

Would ye, aye?

Honestly, get to **** out of our club.

We need to get rid of everyone.

Worthing Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bit harsh having a dig at Smith. It’s not like the SPFL are talking about completing the remaining games. It’ll be months before Hearts play next. Surprised to say the least that he wouldn’t be more active but I don’t think it really matters

I suspect there may be a bit of trolling going on!

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As far as everyone is concerned, there's still been no decision to end the Premiership.

The players should be acting as if they're back in training tomorrow.

Hungry hippo

Bit of an overreaction to Smith given we have no idea why it's his first run in a month. He might have been advised to  rest by the club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

As far as everyone is concerned, there's still been no decision to end the Premiership.

The players should be acting as if they're back in training tomorrow.

As a club we are not at all in control, that’s for sure 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No wonder the club is in such a mess with folk like you idolising bog standard players and managers.

Couldn't put that any better.