Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Only has to be sorted before this months' pay day. Other clubs have agreed the nonsensical deferral system, which players bit their hands off for. Not hard.

Yeah.

Hibs and Aberdeen having to explain how deferrals are now wage cuts will be entertaining. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

She should have sorted this by now like other clubs have. 6 weeks and still

not agreed. 

She can only sort from next week when wages due because players were paid last month

12 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

not agreed. 

No. Disagree. Take as much time for as many players to come round to hearts way of thinking as possible.  

5 minutes ago, redtipsjambo said:

My understanding of the furlough scheme is that once you are on it you cannot do any work for that company, therefore, I would imagine that the players would not be doing any personal training or dietary plan arranged by Hearts as it would break the furlough.

Surely any person worthy of calling themself a professional footballer would be looking to do individual training simply to maintain a level of fitness. And seeking advice from someone before that furlough period starts shouldn't affect it - I would assume (not a contract lawyer, just using common sense).

On 18/03/2020 at 18:17, busby1985 said:

I did say we should stop laughing at possible points deductions for clubs going into admin. I was told to I was over thinking it. We seem to be in big trouble. 

Everybody is in big trouble. Be lucky if fans are back in grounds by New Year. 

Holyrood_Hearts

I’m sorry but I’ve no sympathy for the players whatsoever.

Ignoring the fact we’re bottom of the league & they majority of them are well paid & have stolen a wage this season, for any of them to sit with the club & refuse to help in this situation  are a disgrace. They’ve had 4 weeks to decide on this & to be honest if they go they go, the vast majority won’t go onto to better than Hearts. 

3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

The virus isn’t the players fault, they’ve got a contract and are as entitled to their wages as anyone else in a non-football capacity who’s currently sitting on their arse at home. That reality might not be ideal for the club but it’s true, given the relatively short career of a footballer and that many of those who’s contracts are up in the summer could possibly go months or a even a whole season or more without getting a new contract if things don’t improve it’s not realistic to just expect them to not be paid at all. They’ve got families and responsibilities too.

For Hearts sake I hope they take a wage cut and they should be commended if they do, not crucified if they don’t.

Aye? Personally I hope some of them try and hold out and get ‘telwelved’ to ****.

Notice Luton Town have got rid of their manager and his assistants due to coronavirus cost cutting/ restructuring.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Notice Luton Town have got rid of their manager and his assistants due to coronavirus cost cutting/ restructuring.

Somewhere... Fraser Wishart has just imploded with seethe.

East Lothian Jambo
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

Hibs and Aberdeen having to explain how deferrals are now wage cuts will be entertaining. 

Yes it will. Two clubs who've shown a real lack of foresight in my view 

Looking forward to Hibs and Aberdeen stuttering their way through their state of the union speeches on deferrals v cuts. 

Arseholes.

58 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

not agreed. 

Perhaps you could tell us how ?

If one party does not agree with the changes then what do you suggest ?..this is not rocket science and you should have enough sense to understand what is going on.

We are trying to give people as much time as is possible but with wages due next week we are running out of time for any agreement to be made.

So we give the players the max time we can allow and if not then wages will be suspended...they will each have to make an individual decision and the club has made it clear what theirs will be.

You seem to have not understood the difference between a deferral and a wage cut and homework is required for you I think..other clubs have arranged deferral of wages not a cut in wages

husref musemic
54 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! People I feel sorry for in these times are the minimum wage workers etc not the highly paid underachiervers we've had the misfortune of watching

👍

feel sorry for those who've lost there job. have sympathy for hospital workers. sympathy for those who have lost their lives. 

But to suggest we should at the moment sympathise at the tough spot they're in or be concerned for finances of the greedy duds.... makes my blood boil.

fek off the lot of you

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The issue with furlough is its limited to £577 per week. 

Hearts pay a lot more than that to players. 

Indeed Mikey. That's a very good point

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The issue with furlough is its limited to £577 per week. 

Hearts pay a lot more than that to players. 

Could Hearts not get HMG to pay that £2500pm and then pick up the balance/top it up?

I'm probably not thinking this through but the girls I'm paying will get 80% from HMG and I'll top it up with the 20%

shaun.lawson

Outstanding statement. I think it's the best statement in the entire Budge era: fair, detailed, clear, and firm. And entirely the correct course of action too.

1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’m sorry but I’ve no sympathy for the players whatsoever.

Ignoring the fact we’re bottom of the league & they majority of them are well paid & have stolen a wage this season, for any of them to sit with the club & refuse to help in this situation  are a disgrace. They’ve had 4 weeks to decide on this & to be honest if they go they go, the vast majority won’t go onto to better than Hearts. 

This is possibly the problem - some of the players probably know full well that when they leave the club they'll definitely be moving down the way rather than up. They seem to be seriously overestimating their hand though - it seems to me the club hold all the cards here. 

1 hour ago, redtipsjambo said:

My understanding of the furlough scheme is that once you are on it you cannot do any work for that company, therefore, I would imagine that the players would not be doing any personal training or dietary plan arranged by Hearts as it would break the furlough.

No change there then. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Could Hearts not get HMG to pay that £2500pm and then pick up the balance/top it up?

I'm probably not thinking this through but the girls I'm paying will get 80% from HMG and I'll top it up with the 20%

That is what Hearts are doing. Certainly going by Ann Budge on 3 April. Remember that meant what started as 50% cuts became 30% or less. Today there wasn't any need to mention any of that. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

gashauskis9
8 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Rumour on Twitter not many players are taking the wage cut

They won’t be getting paid a penny then.  

Just now, jambocub said:

👍

What's he post under on Twitter ?. He's definitely one of the guys who's info is worth listening to 

7 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Notts.. who posts on Here who usually is bang on with his stuff

What's he post under on Twitter he's generally good for club info ?

The thriving little business my wife and I run has had no customers for 7 weeks now.  None in sight for at least the next 3 months. We're not moaning.  We're taking it on the chin and having a nice wee break in our bubble.

My point is, people are making major sacrifices for the common good world-wide.

I'd hate to think Hearts players think they should be immune from sacrifice.  I hope they don't argue they are sacrificing win bonuses.  We'll all die laughing.

37 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

I hope that is the case it will

clear the dead wood out the club 

GorgieRules22
44 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Can’t say I’m surprised, complete showers of shite that in a few months won’t ever be remembered for playing for us.

Let’s face it. Hardly any are worth keeping and they’ve got us relegated. Be quite happy to see the majority of the squad binned.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Genuinely don’t care who leaves on a free apart from Hickey, Irving, Halkett and Naismith.

The rest can bolt.

So basically we are going to get expelled.  If some miracle happens and we get a chance to finish the season off these jokers will go on strike and we get relegated.

We're done.  We would have to hope to get a new squad to finish the cup, these players wont play. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So basically we are going to get expelled.  If some miracle happens and we get a chance to finish the season off these jokers will go on strike and we get relegated.

We're done.  We would have to hope to get a new squad to finish the cup, these players wont play. 

We would still have the youths. 

Still managed to put the Hibs back in their box the last time that happened. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Bigger picture,  if this is who they are its little wonder where we are,  and the sooner they gtf the quicker we will move on .

A bit like the virus really these players,  you need to eradicate the infection before you can build again 

Edited by Sir Gio

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Bigger picture,  if this is who they are its little wonder where we are,  and the sooner they gtf the quicker we will move on .

A bit like the virus really these players,  you need to eradicate the infection before you can build again 

Clause 12 is the vaccine.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Like every other club, we paid April's wage in full. 

So like every other club we are reducing wages from now. 

We have not paid the salary due end April

We have paid the March salary

It’s a clear and fair statement. Plenty other companies will be trying to negotiate with their staff - many less transparent, less able or less willing to compromise - in a time where they have no income. If any of the players can’t see that, reality is going to kick them in the balls. Hard. 

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The thriving little business my wife and I run has had no customers for 7 weeks now.  None in sight for at least the next 3 months. We're not moaning.  We're taking it on the chin and having a nice wee break in our bubble.

My point is, people are making major sacrifices for the common good world-wide.

I'd hate to think Hearts players think they should be immune from sacrifice.  I hope they don't argue they are sacrificing win bonuses.  We'll all die laughing.

I'm with you KD. We're the same and won't be back until at least the schools are back. In reality that means August at the very earliest and even then we don't know what social distancing will mean for us. That's 5 months. Without the Government help we would be goosed.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Zico said:

It’s a clear and fair statement. Plenty other companies will be trying to negotiate with their staff - many less transparent, less able or less willing to compromise - in a time where they have no income. If any of the players can’t see that, reality is going to kick them in the balls. Hard. 

That’s what I find hard to grasp, I know they’re not the brightest but how do they think their employer is going to pay them if it has no income. They're literally putting themselves out of a job. Is that the plan, to leave for nothing? To sign for whom, nobody at the level our players are at will be signing anyone for months if at all. I feel they’ve been badly advised by the PFA and or their agents. 

Hungry hippo

Crazy that the club's approach is being treated as so controversial in the media when it's one of the few issues that that the fans pretty united in backing Ann Budge's stance.

bajthejambo
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s what I find hard to grasp, I know they’re not the brightest but how do they think their employer is going to pay them if it has no income. They're literally putting themselves out of a job. Is that the plan, to leave for nothing? To sign for whom, nobody at the level our players are at will be signing anyone for months if at all. I feel they’ve been badly advised by the PFA and or their agents. 

I completely agree. I can't fathom why they are willing to do this to themselves?

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thy could have done that when the 50% cut was offered.  Indeed Dikamona did exactly that alrhough he has made it clear he would like to come back.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I completely agree. I can't fathom why they are willing to do this to themselves?

I wonder if there are some players who will be out of contract, or know they're unwanted by Stendel or who have a relegation clause and so they very likely won't be here next season, and they just want their last couple of months' wages and don't care about how it looks because they won't be here. IN a way I get it. they're off so why not get what they're due. On the other hand, almost all of the players have let Hearts down in a huge way. Only a few players can honestly say they earned their very generous wages.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thy could have done that when the 50% cut was offered.  Indeed Dikamona did exactly that alrhough he has made it clear he would like to come back.

Indeed they could, can’t see their logic here at all?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I’m sure all will be revealed in the next week, players at big clubs in different countries have taken cuts even Celtic’s parcel of rogues have. May well be that Hibs and Aberdeen have deferred wages and not furloughed players so they think we can too 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

buzzbomb1958

Greedy useless ***** hope they can't find another club again nurses are losing their life's for shit wages and these overpaid losers want their cash **** them all hope their next shits a hedgehog with conovirus shame on them 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed they could, can’t see their logic here at all?

Simple arithmetic should tell them that if they were to get full pay for any length of time from an employer who has no incoming revenue, the bubble will burst.

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Simple arithmetic should tell them that if they were to get full pay for any length of time from an employer who has no incoming revenue, the bubble will burst.

Perhaps they're thick or just deliberately obstinate 

Still get the sense that footballers see this as something their unrealistic world should be insulated from 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Perhaps they're thick or just deliberately obstinate 

Still get the sense that footballers see this as something their unrealistic world should be insulated from 

Anyone whose contract expires end of May/June won’t be happy to agree I imagine.