Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As a club we are not at all in control, that’s for sure 

The club can only do so much here. These pricks are meant to be professional footballers.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Bit of an overreaction to Smith given we have no idea why it's his first run in a month. He might have been advised to  rest by the club.

If this wasn't the darling Smith and say Damour instead....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The club can only do so much here. These pricks are meant to be professional footballers.

We’ve been run like a holiday club for ages now. You get the players you deserve (and just for the record, they can all **** off IMO)

48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'd guess that someone whose contract is nearly finished will try to extract as much from the club as possible as they'll have no guarantee of employment after next month.

You may well be correct but nothing would surprise me if it were some of those on the longer deals.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Has Smith been injured had a fitness problem this season? Did he not do a hamstring recently? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Further highlighting how undeserving they are of the term professional, they do the least amount of work of any professional sports person.

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If this wasn't the darling Smith and say Damour instead....

Not for me. You find any of my posts slating people like Damour who are doing their best.

47 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We will be expecting players who have taken a wage cut to give their best for the rest of the season...at present that would seem to be at least 3 months of cuts

We may lose players from the current squad ... despite what many are saying there are players willing to go to court/tribunal to obtain a free transfer from the club if their wages are stopped. Those may include players who are considered first choice in the best team we have.

We may well start playing again behind closed doors as per England and other countries....June seems a likely starting point 

Can we really expect them to perform in the circumstances ? (I understand they have not up to now anyway)

Fans have a loyalty to their club, players on the whole do not

Doing the maths if a player on £3000 per week has a 30% cut for 3 months will that be much different from being without a full salary for even one month.

What is becoming more clear is that the seasons fixtures will be completed to start next season by end August and it will be clearer then what the position will be for fans to be in attendance

That would give us some certainty re fans knowing season tickets start dates as well as just what league we will play in.....any reorganisation better get a move on as I can see many clubs simply allowing it to pass this year  if they think the season can be finished by end of July 2020

One other factor is the contractual position of the players as well...can players leave clubs  for example when their contract is up even though the 19/20 season has not finished ?

Who knows though whether the crisis will have eased to the extent even closed doors matches can take place.

What makes this even worse is that AB is asking for between 10% and 30% and spoke to every player individually to hear their own views.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Still Tynie said:

Has Smith been injured had a fitness problem this season? Did he not do a hamstring recently? 

He’s always struggling with something. Berra revealed after the St Mirren game that he was ready to come in because Smith always suffers from cramp. I looked it up and you only suffer from that constantly if your unfit or lead an unhealthy lifestyle. 81 games in 3 years where we’ve played around 130 isn’t a great record, better than most obviously 🙄.

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you expect him to spend his one hour per day out of the house training for something that isn’t happening for months or spend the time with his wife and kids. Seems like he has had his priorities right. 

Really? All the players on social media at Barnsley appear to be running, gym work etc. Plenty of time to be with wife and kids, but if they're being paid a wage they need to be doing the training surely?

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Further highlighting how undeserving they are of the term professional, they do the least amount of work of any professional sports person.

100%. I follow many sports men and women and all the vast majority are still going at it.

But no, not a professional footballer in Scotland.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Really? All the players on social media at Barnsley appear to be running, gym work etc. Plenty of time to be with wife and kids, but if they're being paid a wage they need to be doing the training surely?

Spot on.

I'd imagine your guys will be good to go in a week or two should the call be made.

Meanwhile Hearts players are going to need a full pre-season.

Pasquale for King

100%. I follow many sports men and women and all the vast majority are still going at it.

But no, not a professional footballer in Scotland.

Good definition, lots of foreign players have came here and been shocked at how little they train, compared to what they’re used to.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s always struggling with something. Berra revealed after the St Mirren game that he was ready to come in because Smith always suffers from cramp. I looked it up and you only suffer from that constantly if your unfit or lead an unhealthy lifestyle. 81 games in 3 years where we’ve played around 130 isn’t a great record, better than most obviously 🙄.

John Souttar. Peter Haring. Jamie Walker.

Spot on.

I'd imagine your guys will be good to go in a week or two should the call be made.

Meanwhile Hearts players are going to need a full pre-season.

I think the more you can get rid of the better. Yesterday was the 23rd anniversary of our only promotion to the top flight so been reminiscing over the weekend.  Our manager at the time cleared out a 5 or 6 of the older, staler players and the rest as they say is history. 

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My best friend plays professional football in the premier league up here and he’s running, cycling and doing zoom training with his club pretty much daily. Mikey isn’t that stupid, he knows the reaction he’d get from such a daft statement. 

All in one hour a day? 
Whats to say Smith hasn’t been training at home just hasn’t been doing a lot of running in his one hour of freedom every day. 

Who do we think will have accepted cuts? 
Naismith & Stendal the only ones to come out publicly and say so.

Im guessing Souttar, M.Smith, Haring. Always very complimentary about the club and just can't see them refusing to do so. 
Oh and Jamie Walker and despite what people say loves the club.

Edited by droid

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably better without him going forward and bring in a fresh hungry player from the academy 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most consistent no doubt, a 6 every game. Still can’t do any of the things I’ve listed. Looking good in amongst this shower of charlatans is not that hard is it? 

He does have a decent cross, has scored a couple of cracking goals in his time with us so clearly has a shot in him and he is without doubt the best penalty taker at the club. His passing is average, same as most players these days. He can play in three or four different positions all at a very good level. His commitment to the cause is also very high. I’d take five or six Michael  Smiths in our squad every day of the week. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

John Souttar. Peter Haring. Jamie Walker.

Three more injury prone players signed by Levein, what’s your point? Waste of time and money, yes. Will leave without us getting a penny for them? Agreed.

30 minutes ago, rory78 said:

What the ****??most players were still keeping fit i thought they certainly are down south,its still possible to go jogging etc so why has Smith just been sitting at home?😒

One hour per day?  Maybe has a treadmill in garage or house like many players?  

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No wonder the club is in such a mess with folk like you idolising bog standard players and managers.

Think you are in the minority on here re your comments re Smith. Every team needs guys like him.  In any case he is hardly ‘bog standard’. 9 caps suggests otherwise. 

buzzbomb1958
4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Surely our fitness team have put together a workout plan for our players to ensure they are still conditioning. 

Our fitness team that's a ****ing laugh our team have been playing like they are wearing diving boots all season they are a shower of overpaid underachievers who like the rest of us should take a little of our pain ,Ann has have them a choice if they think they are above the club **** them get rid

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three more injury prone players signed by Levein, what’s your point? Waste of time and money, yes. Will leave without us getting a penny for them? Agreed.

My point being you can add the three I mentioned to Smith and there are a number of others than are maybe not injury prone but are happy yo collect the pay cheque but don't seem overly keen to work too hard for it.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All in one hour a day? 
Whats to say Smith hasn’t been training at home just hasn’t been doing a lot of running in his one hour of freedom every day. 

You’re at it. I showed my friend the smith post and he said “100% trying to get out on a free”. Smith knows what he is doing. Disappointing. 

Pasquale for King

He does have a decent cross, has scored a couple of cracking goals in his time with us so clearly has a shot in him and he is without doubt the best penalty taker at the club. His passing is average, same as most players these days. He can play in three or four different positions all at a very good level. His commitment to the cause is also very high. I’d take five or six Michael  Smiths in our squad every day of the week. 

No he doesn’t, i sit in the new stand in the bottom section and his crossing is poor. If there’s more players in the box his crosses can find a player but it was usually one player who he just can’t find. Why do you make up things to suit your agenda? 2 goals in 81 games diesnt indicate your have an accurate and powerful shot, just that you got lucky.
Sean Clare is by far the best penalty taker at the club STATISTICALLY. 
As I said your love of average players,that can play averagely in 4 positions, and wanting 5 or 6 in the team is why we are in such a mess. 

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

So, here's Michael Smith's Instagram story from this morning.

First run in a month.  And our players are wanting full whack??

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

Well I anticipated M.Smith would break the silence first.  Albeit in more of a spokesperson format. 

I don't see any problem with his comment about 1st run in 1 month.  Jogging and running are two separate things, so is cycling.  All 3 different levels of fitness.

All I get from it is he has pushed him self a bit further than normal and then sweated a lot.

He could be doing body conditioning, jogging, cycling, rowing, etc, etc.   

Also Stendel already commented Smith Naismith and Boyce were considered leading seniors I thought.  Was a quote last month I think.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My point being you can add the three I mentioned to Smith and there are a number of others than are maybe not injury prone but are happy yo collect the pay cheque but don't seem overly keen to work too hard for it.

Absolutely. Haring is a big miss and nobody seems to be able to get to the bottom of it.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where did you look it up? The Beano? 
There’s no definite cause for continual cramping. Can be one or many of a long list of problems. Most likely though is over-use of particular muscles, vitamin deficiency or dehydration. 
Bit much you suggesting that Smith has an unhealthy lifestyle or is unfit with absolutely zero evidence. The guy has missed very few games since joining us. Does that suggest he is unfit or out on the lash every night? 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you are in the minority on here re your comments re Smith. Every team needs guys like him.  In any case he is hardly ‘bog standard’. 9 caps suggests otherwise. 

Yeah, have a look at the comments above. But I take your point as your always in the minority, especially about that C.UN.T Levein.

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You’re at it. I showed my friend the smith post and he said “100% trying to get out on a free”. Smith knows what he is doing. Disappointing. 

He's always at it. 

36 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Heard Scott Brown on radio yesterday saying that he's been out cycling and running every day since this all happened - now we can see the problems at Hearts and why were shite when players like Smith have been sitting on there arses for a month

Not hard is it

oLe7Ahmqk%2BurMEZvP4KsaypKC74UV9scCpsDrU

22 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Smith hasn’t said he hasn’t been doing gym work etc. All that’s posted is that he was out for his first run in a month. Could have been on a treadmill every day, could have been cycling every day. Just the negative guys on here that are making a big deal of it with no real evidence of anything. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Smith hasn’t said he hasn’t been doing gym work etc. All that’s posted is that he was out for his first run in a month. Could have been on a treadmill every day, could have been cycling every day. Just the negative guys on here that are making a big deal of it with no real evidence of anything. 

Ok.

9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

As I said on another post, he said his first run in a month. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been cycling. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been in the gym. Lots of folk on here just making stuff up. 

eyesandears

As I said on another post, he said his first run in a month. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been cycling. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been in the gym. Lots of folk on here just making stuff up. 

Yourself included

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Where did you look it up? The Beano? 
There’s no definite cause for continual cramping. Can be one or many of a long list of problems. Most likely though is over-use of particular muscles, vitamin deficiency or dehydration. 
Bit much you suggesting that Smith has an unhealthy lifestyle or is unfit with absolutely zero evidence. The guy has missed very few games since joining us. Does that suggest he is unfit or out on the lash every night? 

Did you miss the part about 81 games in 130 games, did you go to school? The evidence is in a medical journal and I will trust them over you. The last paragraph.3AC1B9F3-453A-4F7F-B0F4-C9552A7B2C26.thumb.jpeg.ef60d43af13671df296d05cf037fbc65.jpeg2B4DEB4D-B512-4FD6-BE89-58AC797DBDE9.thumb.png.161cc4906f8d4b8780fdfbd56f7494da.png

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Well if you consider one of our best players this season easily replaced there's not much more to say

Correct, and whose to say he doesn't have a small gym room in the house like Naismith.

He strikes me as a guy that wouldn't let himself go with the attitude he seems to have had since he arrived at our club.

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As usual you just make things up to suit your argument. Smith has 109 apps. 109/130 is pretty decent these days. Certainly doesn’t suggest a chronic injury problem, or a particularly unhealthy lifestyle. In fact would support suggestions he is a pretty good professional fitness wise given that most of his missed games were due to one long term-ish injury. 
Bash on though why don’t you? 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Probably better without him going forward and bring in a fresh hungry player from the academy 

I think he will leave if we are demoted, they still have a slim chance of qualifying for Euro 2020 so he will want to be playing at a decent level. Same with Boyce and Washington probably.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he doesn’t, i sit in the new stand in the bottom section and his crossing is poor. If there’s more players in the box his crosses can find a player but it was usually one player who he just can’t find. Why do you make up things to suit your agenda? 2 goals in 81 games diesnt indicate your have an accurate and powerful shot, just that you got lucky.
Sean Clare is by far the best penalty taker at the club STATISTICALLY. 
As I said your love of average players,that can play averagely in 4 positions, and wanting 5 or 6 in the team is why we are in such a mess. 

He is a right back. When not  rb he has played centre-back. How many do you expect these  guys to score? 
Im not even sure you watch games. When have had pen shootouts Smiths pens have been excellent, unsavable. He just doesn't want to take them regularly or he would be our pen taker. I didn’t say he had scored most pens I was just using that as evidence re him having a shot given you said he hadn’t. Ever seen his goal for NI?  Maybe just shut his eyes and swung his leg. I’m sure you will know. Anyway, as usual no point in debating with you. I’m out on this topic 

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He couldn’t lace Naismiths boots, can’t pass, cross, shoot, head or throw the ball, backs off like his opponent has got Covid 19. Best player 😆😂🤣🤫.

You talking about Smith here?

26 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Well I anticipated M.Smith would break the silence first.  Albeit in more of a spokesperson format. 

I don't see any problem with his comment about 1st run in 1 month.  Jogging and running are two separate things, so is cycling.  All 3 different levels of fitness.

All I get from it is he has pushed him self a bit further than normal and then sweated a lot.

He could be doing body conditioning, jogging, cycling, rowing, etc, etc.   

Also Stendel already commented Smith Naismith and Boyce were considered leading seniors I thought.  Was a quote last month I think.

Get your head down, you will get pelters on here for disagreeing with Pasquale. 

fabienleclerq

I hope that Smith has been injured or unable to train. 

It's been obvious for a while our players aren't fit enough, compared to some amateur sports our fitness levels are embarrassing.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

You talking about Smith here?

Yeah, remember that great cross and pass that led to a goal? Nah me either.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct, and whose to say he doesn't have a small gym room in the house like Naismith.

He strikes me as a guy that wouldn't let himself go with the attitude he seems to have had since he arrived at our club.

Yup, Also Hearts will be monitoring all the players fitness, so it wont be he has been slacking off for a month.

Was listening to an interview sooner after lockdown happened with a physio who worked with Arsenal and England where he talked about fitness work players would do. He talked a lot about cross training sessions being key, and clubs would drop equipment off with the players.

Holyrood_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, remember that great cross and pass that led to a goal? Nah me either.

Lafferty’s 2nd v St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup. You’re welcome 😉 

21 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I hope that Smith has been injured or unable to train. 

It's been obvious for a while our players aren't fit enough, compared to some amateur sports our fitness levels are embarrassing.

I got the feeling when stendel called the club out as ‘not professional’ fitness was a big part of what he meant. . 

Edited by GinRummy

tolcross lad

Why would Smith make a comment like that on social media?

I dont believe for one minute he is thick or naive.
He would know his comment would be picked up and create discussion and argument on "deadline day".

And that it would show him in bad light with many supporters.

It has a "stuff yous all " kind of feel to it.

It reinforces my belief that we need a complete clear out.