Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Dagger Is Back

Most of us are just guessing at  who isn't prepared to take a cut. Got to be honest and say that I see this as a great chance to have a clear out and rebuild. If players aren't prepared to take a wage cut without a get out of jail card free, then for me, they don't have the right level of commitment that we need at our club. To be honest, that attitude is in keeping with some of the insipid, gutless performances we've seen this season.

People all around the country managing on 80% income or less,  so I don't think what they've been asked to do is at all unreasonable. I've criticised AB before but this is about the club and she's doing exactly the right thing IMO

Invoke clause 12 and then let's see how they get on.

For most of these players, Hearts is a good as it's going to get let's face it

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Lafferty’s 2nd v St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup. You’re welcome 😉 

Hahahaha is that it, 81 games and that’s it? Average player in a poor team, we’ve had loads over the years.

We don't know players' financial circumstances. They could be paying through the nose for healthcare for their families for all we know.

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahaha is that it, 81 games and that’s it? Average player in a poor team, we’ve had loads over the years.

To be fair I don’t know, it was the first one that came to mind. I don’t agree with your opinion at all on MS but it is what it is 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

To be fair I don’t know, it was the first one that came to mind. I don’t agree with your opinion at all on MS but it is what it is 

Fair enough.

loveofthegame

Family member plays for Hibs been working his socks off and tabs being kept on him by the club. Least you'd expect.

IF and given we don't have the whole story here, it is a big IF, Michael Smith has been fit but just not been training then it is clearly a disgrace. Given the season has not been officially ended yet, it is not outwith all possibility that we might have 8 cup finals left to save our season. Players should be keeping themselves ticking over and the club should be making sure of it!!

However would come as no surprise if it was confirmed that (i) this bunch of charlatans are doing very little training and/or (ii) this shambles of a club are doing very little to keep an eye on said players.

Either way, Smith's post to a public social media account is naive at best and that is being very, very generous. But seems awfully coincidental given today's deadline. An international who can be fairly confident he'll get a gig elsewhere, perhaps has stopped caring. Arsehole either way. 

2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Family member plays for Hibs been working his socks off and tabs being kept on him by the club. Least you'd expect.

IF and given we don't have the whole story here, it is a big IF, Michael Smith has been fit but just not been training then it is clearly a disgrace. Given the season has not been officially ended yet, it is not outwith all possibility that we might have 8 cup finals left to save our season. Players should be keeping themselves ticking over and the club should be making sure of it!!

However would come as no surprise if it was confirmed that (i) this bunch of charlatans are doing very little training and/or (ii) this shambles of a club are doing very little to keep an eye on said players.

Either way, Smith's post to a public social media account is naive at best and that is being very, very generous. But seems awfully coincidental given today's deadline. An international who can be fairly confident he'll get a gig elsewhere, perhaps has stopped caring. Arsehole either way. 

I would be very surprised if it was a pre meditated attempt at trying to work his ticket. If so he can bolt but surprising none the less. 

tolcross lad
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I would be very surprised if it was a pre meditated attempt at trying to work his ticket. If so he can bolt but surprising none the less. 

He wants out and is angry that he is having to take a pay cut.Therefore he is putting up with current situ but dont expect anything from me commitment wise is his message.

Not a fan of Uche as a player but at least his social media has been of him sprinting up and down hills and eating healthily. Smith is at best a plank for posting that. 

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

He wants out and is angry that he is having to take a pay cut.Therefore he is putting up with current situ but dont expect anything from me commitment wise is his message.

Nah.  I think there will be a far more innocent explanation of events.

Can you fine players who agree to take paycuts or have their pay suspended?  Could we end up with a squad who just completely take the piss even more if they’re feeling hard done by? 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"I'd keep Michael Smith"

Would ye, aye?

Honestly, get to **** out of our club.

Maybe smith wants to have his contract cancelled so he can sign for stoke city on a free and get a large signing on bonus from Michael O’Neil.  He could be working his ticket out of Tynecastle 

tolcross lad

Nah.  I think there will be a far more innocent explanation of events.

Can you fine players who agree to take paycuts or have their pay suspended?  Could we end up with a squad who just completely take the piss even more if they’re feeling hard done by? 

Smith has options

2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Smith has options

Which he will still have regardless of posting on social media or no. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Before getting the pitchforks out, is it possible Smith was told to do just light training or specific rehab work for a while? He had a fairly bad injury late in the season. Maybe this was an opportunity to rest and ensure the injury heals properly?

He's also an international with a new international boss to impress soon.

Edited by ToqueJambo

tolcross lad

Which he will still have regardless of posting on social media or no. 

Forces the issue.Leaves no one in  any doubt where he stands.Also angry.Whoever is "managing" Hearts at this point should be in no doubt that Smiths future is not at Hearts.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Maybe smith wants to have his contract cancelled so he can sign for stoke city on a free and get a large signing on bonus from Michael O’Neil.  He could be working his ticket out of Tynecastle 

How could be but I can’t see a team chasing the playoffs in the Championship wanting him, they have two RB aged 21&28 who are under contract until 2021-22 who don’t seem to be attracting attention. They have a big squad too so don’t need a utility player either it would seem. I can’t see him filling their squad with guys from NI as quite frankly their not up to it, they only have two or three players in the Premiership.

He does have that big house in Bath to pay for right enough.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Is it not the same thing?

I'm hoping the list of names staying will be considerably smaller.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How could be but I can’t see a team chasing the playoffs in the Championship wanting him, they have two RB aged 21&28 who are under contract until 2021-22 who don’t seem to be attracting attention. They have a big squad too so don’t need a utility player either it would seem. I can’t see him filling their squad with guys from NI as quite frankly their not up to it, they only have two or three players in the Premiership.

He does have that big house in Bath to pay for right enough.

I’m sure there two current RB’s haven’t scored a cracker against Germany though. MO would take him on a one year deal and there’s more to this than meets the eye I would guess. Probably wants out due to all the shite he’s surrounded with and with AB saying either accept our terms  or we’ll use article 12 then maybe he’s just playing poker with us 🤔

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Any link to Smith's comment for those (i.e. me) too idle to trawl back through this thread?

Mentioned on social media today was his first run for a month. 

Really hope Budge didn't cave to that ridiculous demand about being allowed a free if they accept the cut. 

You'll either accept the cut, or get **** all. Those are the options you utter charlatans. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I'm hoping the list of names staying will be considerably smaller.

Not likely to be honest.

I would imagine it would only be the most idiotic of player who knocks back 70% of their wages to get unemployment benefit in several weeks time. Only a couple would likely be signed by a club in the current climate.

Time to find out who is the most idiotic in our squad.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Right. Let’s get the greedy barstewards list published Hearts.

Yep. Let’s see how much dead weight we’re losing. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just that? Or first run outside? Has he been injured? 

2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Heard Scott Brown on radio yesterday saying that he's been out cycling and running every day since this all happened - now we can see the problems at Hearts and why were shite when players like Smith have been sitting on there arses for a month

Brown hasnt been furloughed and so can be on an official club training plan.  However, he really should only being doing one or the other and not taking his kids out separately unless he takes them to the shops for essentials.

Also at one point Celtic admitted they had players at Lennoxtown training in pairs when everyone was being told to stay at home.

Brown should have been picked up on that yesterday on Sportsound yesterday (if not pre recorded).

So he is still a Celtic erse taking liberties.....

Interesting though with Smith being on his first run.  If he hasn't been injured and allowing family to take priority which is his right, how the hell are footballers going to cope if games are played and they are put in a self isolation camp for weeks on end?

Guest ToqueJambo

I thought we had more players out of contract at the end of this season. After taking out the loan players who will all leave I assume, only Moore, Brandon and Bozanic are left and they are three I would keep to be honest, along with Souttar, Haring, Halkett, Boyce, Naismith, Clare, Smith, Sibbick and the other youngsters. Maybe Walker and Garrucio. I can't see Stendel wanting to keep any of the others. I'm guessing the likes of Halkett, Naismith and Boyce might have relegation clauses though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

As the players have been furloughed, we are not allowed to keep an eye on them apart from updating them on their employment situation.

I wonder if we can terminate the loan deals of Joel, Meshino and Sibbick earlier. If we are paying high percentage of wages for them that is. 

Edited by Mort

Hearts, can we please ensure the quarantined section of the email box is checked. Wouldn’t want to lose any players replies given the deadline has now past.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

52 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Did he tell you that himself? Or through a third party? 

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

As the players have been furloughed, we are not allowed to keep an eye on them apart from updating them on their employment situation.

Have the players been furloughed?

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Was up oriam this morning walking the dog think he might've been up there training

Was guy doing work out with gps top on looked like Smith 

Nice motor parked at side if pitch and a hearts top lying beside it 

tolcross lad
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Did he tell you that himself? Or through a third party? 

Calculated interpretation of his message.Time will tell.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Was up oriam this morning walking the dog think he might've been up there training

Was guy doing work out with gps top on looked like Smith 

Nice motor parked at side if pitch and a hearts top lying beside it 

It's more likely than him not doing anything. A run could mean 10K in footballer speak. Smith has been very professional while at hearts. Might be better to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Have the players been furloughed?

I thought they had and by using the scheme, the 50% cuts were cut back to 10 - 30%

55 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Well he can GTF. 

I’m sure any suitors - Stoke City probably given the connections - will be impressed with his attitude regarding his fitness. 

Question for everyone on here that has been furloughed - have you been working every day at maintaining or improving your skill set for your job so that you are 100% ready for it when you go back to work in 3 months time? 

13 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just that? Or first run outside? Has he been injured? 

Yep.

Nobody knows, just pure guesswork.  Ott imo. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Question for everyone on here that has been furloughed - have you been working every day at maintaining or improving your skill set for your job so that you are 100% ready for it when you go back to work in 3 months time? 

I’ve been kicking about the forum and checking emails to keep up consistency.  I’ve reduced toilet breaks though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Calculated interpretation of his message.Time will tell.

Every player will be considering their future right now and weighing up all their options. Especially international players at a club about to be potentially relegated. They'd be mad not to.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's more likely than him not doing anything. A run could mean 10K in footballer speak. Smith has been very professional while at hearts. Might be better to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Think he was playing through injury as well before lockdown .

I'd certainly give him benifit of the doubt as he always seems to give everything