Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Dagger Is Back
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Null and voiding the season must be the only option, no matter how much pressure Celtic put on them for their 10 in a row. Maybe they'll hope it'll only happen when it's mathematically impossible for anyone to beat Celtic in the league so they can award the title to them. But if it's still possible for us to stay up, I don't see how they could get away with that. Teams have not been relegated or promoted for less compelling reasons in the past.

I think that’s exactly what will happen. They’ll play as many games as possible, then next step is behind closed doors and take the season as far down the road as possible.

They’ll hope to reach a point where things are decided. If they are, it’s job done, if not, null and void.

I can’t see any decision to decide league placings based on the abandonment of a season, being accepted. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Calebs Grandad

Not sure of the logic behind players not shaking hands before a game as was shown prior to Liverpool v Bournemouth then 50,000 fans who are all seated together jump about celebrating 2 goals where I’m fairly certain plenty of contact occurred 🤷🏼‍♂️

J.T.F.Robertson
42 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Only a matter of time until a footballer gets it and then the whole club will be in quarantine.

This, and it's a stick-on certainty, imo.

34 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Not sure of the logic behind players not shaking hands before a game as was shown prior to Liverpool v Bournemouth then 50,000 fans who are all seated together jump about celebrating 2 goals where I’m fairly certain plenty of contact occurred 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess it is more to stop it spreading among players/different teams?

44 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

The logic is shirley pretty simple. The footballing authorities can tell their clubs how their players should behave. In turn, the clubs can tell their players. If instruction isn’t followed, action can be taken resulting in punishment.

No one has any meaningful authority that would stop fans coming into physical contact with each other while celebrating. 

Blackshades
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

FIFA/ UEFA could provide exceptional cover to deal with these issues including amending the transfer window. Clubs can deal with contracts.

Every issue has a solution. 

UEFA /FIFA  could do what they like, but employment law says if your contract has expired  you don't have to work for an old employer if you don't want too.

I've never seen queues at the sinks in the toilets like I did today so fair play it seems like the message is getting though :lol:

Wash your hands you clarty *******s.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I've never seen queues at the sinks in the toilets like I did today so fair play it seems like the message is getting though :lol:

It certainly was a sight to behold.

willie wallace
7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Yea,I noticed that today as well.People were even using the soap.

Football fans getting soft 😄

willie wallace

There should be no games played behind closed doors and if the season has to be declared null and void so be it and even if were not in a relegation battle I would still support that arguement.

No point in football matches without fans.

I have just seen that Lebron James has said he would refuse to play in closed door games .

Good man.

Nicholas Brody
2 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Most players shook hands at the end of the Hearts game 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

:rofl:

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Were they washing their hands in the sinks or pissing in them?!

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There is a vaccine for the flu.

Is there a vaccine to avoid relegation ?

John Gentleman

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

There should be no games played behind closed doors and if the season has to be declared null and void so be it and even if were not in a relegation battle I would still support that arguement.

I have just seen that Lebron James has said he would refuse to play in closed door games .

Good man.

Plus playing closed doors would mean the overhead costs still have to be met, but without the cash flow of walk-up and away fans. It could tip some of the more fragile clubs over the edge. I'm presuming, also, that the players still have to paid regardless. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

However, the vaccine is never able to cover every strain of the flu.

And how do you think "hot spots" become hot spots?

Because people travel and brought the infection with them. If there was no travel the infection would always stay within a localised area

Have you no idea how these things work ?

2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Good man.

Each to their own and all that, but I wouldn’t be citing LeBron’s moral barometer. He’s a hypocritical slaver. Won’t play without the fans, but quite happy to lick the arse of the Chinese regime and play out there, aye? 

Bottom line, if health professionals and other authorities think we should avoid large crowds at sporting events etc., we should have them. Closed-door matches rather than no matches seemed the sensible solution in the short term, but could probably place a mortal blow on some of the more fragile finances in football (as could no games, of course). Not something LeBron and his chums have to worry about. 

Edited by Peebo

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Shaking hands isnt the issue, its where you put your hands before you wash them after contact that is.

John Gentleman
21 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Each to their own and all that, but I wouldn’t be citing LeBron’s moral barometer. He’s a hypocritical slaver. Won’t play without the fans, but quite happy to lick the arse of the Chinese regime and play out there, aye? 

Bottom line, if health professionals and other authorities think we should avoid large crowds at sporting events etc., we should have them. Closed-door matches rather than no matches seemed the sensible solution in the short term, but could probably place a mortal blow on some of the more fragile finances in football (as could no games, of course). Not something LeBron and his chums have to worry about. 

There could be a lot enterprises, including football clubs, invoking force majeure provisions. Insurance companies, as usual, will be at the head of the queue.

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know. It does not guarantee immunity. I don't take it  And when there is a vaccine for Cronavirus I will assess the risk vs the side effects and effectiveness of the vaccine. Thousands die each year of flu despite the vaccine and as I said there isn't a cure for the flu.

kingantti1874

read this, anyone still using the term “panic merchants” or some equivalent needs their head read.. this is without precedent in the last 100 years

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

read this, anyone still using the term “panic merchants” or some equivalent needs their head read.. this is without precedent in the last 100 years

Panic merchants are the onanists panic buying or wearing masks when perfectly healthy. In addition, people thinking this is the end of humanity have watched too many zombie apocalypse movies.

13 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

And players help each other up by the hand when on the ground.

Hearts have a club doctor in self isolation due to the fact she also works with Scotland Women’s rugby side. Getting closer...

13 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Rugby is even more anomalous 

29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

She think there is going to be 1,000,000 cases by the end of the month in the US alone and predicting 3-6,000,000,000 by the end of June. She is an Idiot. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Have a look at China, and the rest of Asia, and the number of "live" cases outside of Wuhon. Guangdong has a population of 113,000,000 and currently has 93 active cases having had 1,325 overall.

It's not the end of the world and people like that Liz need to stop making wild prediction because "she is an engineer" and therefore is good at maths. 

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

She is referring to the US healthcare system. Hardly comparable.  In July 2009, the Chief Medical Officer predicted a worst case death rate in the UK of 65k and a best case 3.1k. There were 138. 

Absolutely, lets listen to the hygiene advice and act on it but take their predictions with a large dose of salt. Everyone should trust their own judgement on that based on the facts

Nicholas Brody
35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

She's making some incredibly bold assumptions. 'Simply running the numbers' yet basing it on cases that haven't been identified and may not ever be identified. Also, the exponential doubling she states is quite frankly, wrong.

So yes. Panic merchants will read that and raid the shops for toilet roll and paracetamol.

10 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Plus playing closed doors would mean the overhead costs still have to be met, but without the cash flow of walk-up and away fans. It could tip some of the more fragile clubs over the edge. I'm presuming, also, that the players still have to paid regardless. 

Of the 22 full time clubs in Scotland, 6 were profitable this year (including Hearts, if only because A. Budge got her mates to donate £3.2 million). Of the remaining 16 several could generously be called financial basket cases: the idea they could play closed doors games without their main income source of ticket sales is basically laughable. Neil Doncaster has said as much already. 

How to stop multiple clubs going bust will be considered the priority, not how the 19/20 season is written into the history books. 

Fozzyonthefence
54 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

And players help each other up by the hand when on the ground.

Or just stamp on their back.

Anyone hear the Steward encouraging fans to enter the search area at the wheatfield  to use both barrier walkways by shouting None Corona virus this side, and those with Corona virus this side. 

No one was laughing so he quickly apologized. That's when I laughed... 

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Of the 22 full time clubs in Scotland, 6 were profitable this year (including Hearts, if only because A. Budge got her mates to donate £3.2 million). Of the remaining 16 several could generously be called financial basket cases: the idea they could play closed doors games without their main income source of ticket sales is basically laughable. Neil Doncaster has said as much already. 

How to stop multiple clubs going bust will be considered the priority, not how the 19/20 season is written into the history books. 

Public health will be considered the priority before football clubs going bust I'd imagine. 

Nicholas Brody
10 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Shaking hands isnt the issue, its where you put your hands before you wash them after contact that is.

Yeah that was my point.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I know. It does not guarantee immunity. I don't take it  And when there is a vaccine for Cronavirus I will assess the risk vs the side effects and effectiveness of the vaccine. Thousands die each year of flu despite the vaccine and as I said there isn't a cure for the flu.

Why don’t you take the vaccine?

43 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Well this is interesting, one month ago Italy had 3 reported cases

Screenshot_20200308_115826_com.twitter.android.jpg

Now playing. Half time.

Bizarre doings in the Serie A game. As there are no fans in the stadium, you can hear the conversations between ref and players during VAR dispute.

Commentator translating for non-Italian speakers !

The Financial Times just reported that the Bundesleague is about to get canned:

German health minister calls for sports matches, concerts and trade shows to be cancelled

By Olaf Storbeck in Frankfurt

German health minister Jens Spahn on Sunday afternoon recommended that officials should cancel all events with more than 1,000 participants in order to slow down the spread of the virus in Europe's largest economy. 

This could affect football matches, trade shows and concerts. “I am aware of the consequences this will have for citizens as well as organisers,” Mr Spahn said, adding that health was more important.

Germany has slightly more cases than the UK, far less than Italy.

The Scottish and English seasons are going to be either be frozen or voided, imo

2 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

German health minister calls for sports matches, concerts and trade shows to be cancelled

German health minister Jens Spahn on Sunday afternoon recommended that officials should cancel all events with more than 1,000 participants in order to slow down the spread of the virus in Europe's largest economy. 

This could affect football matches, trade shows and concerts. “I am aware of the consequences this will have for citizens as well as organisers,” Mr Spahn said, adding that health was more important.

The Scottish and English seasons are going to be either be frozen or voided, imo

Wonder what happens to the European fixtures

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Wonder what happens to the European fixtures

Was wondering that too. The new Italian quarantine will nix any Italian games, for a start,  so I’d say the tournaments will be over in a few days time

Lombardia Hearts were at the plot ceremony today. Lets hope Connor Washington was ok after presenting their certificate. 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Sensible move is to cancel the season and have an 12 team top flight next year

What 12 teams though? 

Would we deserve to be one of the 12, given wher we are in the league

Cancel the season and look at a way to extend the top flight to 16 teams would be better IMO

4 minutes ago, Musemic said:

What 12 teams though? 

Would we deserve to be one of the 12, given wher we are in the league

Cancel the season and look at a way to extend the top flight to 16 teams would be better IMO

I can’t see it being cancelled but you are spot on, be a perfect time for reconstruction, then nobody is given an unfair outcome.....except Hibs which tbh makes it more appealing 

24 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Sensible move is to cancel the season and have an 12 team top flight next year

Excuse my ignorance, perhaps you are referring to removing the split, but we have a twelve team top flight now. I do think now would be the time for a proper restructuring of the league though.

22 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Excuse my idiocy. Yep that’s what I meant. And yep it’s the perfect time to rethink the whole setup

I thought that was what you meant, and you are absolutely right, it seems like a very good time to really rethink the structure. Of course, lets be honest, it won't happen. The powers that be don't do change that has the potential to be positive.

2 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Well we're no longer in the European Union so we can do what we want and who cares what they say...………………………………………….

is that not how it works on all issues nowadays ?