Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just been listening to the latest briefing from Boris and the health professionals.  It seems that they are expecting to enter the "delay" phase in 10 to 14 days time.

It is suggested that more home working would be recommended,  school closures would be considered and limits on public gatherings imposed.

Self isolation for 7 days, even for minor respiratory conditions, will also be recommended at that point 

That would work out fine for watching Hearts. Ross County game played then the restrictions come in. Thirteen days until next game though not many will go to Aberdeen then a further 8 days to the semi. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

29 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Italy have dropped all sporting events, til april, assume that means no Serie A games, even behind closed doors?

Or UEFA games. Going to be interesting to see UEFA’s reaction. 

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Temp checks are all you can do. I don't believe that will make any diffrence at all (see Italy as an example). Shut down our borders? Too late its here already. All you can do is lock down UK. Do you want that? Do you think it will work. Do you think the consequences are too great? Blaming Boris and Westminster is infantile though.

Does seem strange that there are no checks but not sure that there are any possible. Temp checks largely worthless because the symptoms eg fever can take up to 7 days to appear after infection so they would only capture those already with the symptoms who shouldn’t be travelling in any case. 7 days quarantine and testing seems to be the only certain way of controlling it coming in and that would be difficult to do. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Or UEFA games. Going to be interesting to see UEFA’s reaction. 

Closes doors is the safest route. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What's your number then? 12?

I asked for an estimate,  not a precise number.

Would you say 12 for the larger stadiums? Let's say 20, that's still laughably low imo. 

How about Daegu, the point i think kinda proves mass gatherings are a bad idea right now. 

If you read and understood my previous post you'd know I suggested a few dozen people I would contact person to person within one metre. Maybe an underestimate maybe not but certainly a very small fraction of Tynecastle's capacity. And I explained simple ways in which the number of such contacts could be reduced. And if you understood my argument tripling the capacity for say the Emirates would not triple the number or anything like it.

You don't seem to understand other risks either. You dismissed transport contacts by likening it getting on a number one bus (by implication on a match day). If I commute in London by tube I pass turnstiles both on entry and exit which daily (even hourly) will be handled by more people than the turnstile I use at Tynie handles once a week or less on average. If I commute by tube and train, you can double that. And I can assure you once past the turnstiles tubes and trains and platforms pack a lot more people into small spaces with a lot more intimate contact than I usually meet with  at Tynie  (a late winner against the Hibbies maybe excepted). 

So at present or "right now" shutting football grounds and such would be wholly disproportionate compared to other risks in everyday life. The government and its advisers seem to agree. If things do deteriorate, and further steps to slow the spread are necessary, closing football grounds would be the tip of the iceberg. China quarantined and effectively shut down whole cities. Korea presumably closed all churches.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I think you should have a word with Boris. You seem to have the answers.

I have every confidence in our great leader.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know, the EU is implemeting a detailed infection strategy.We're running around waving blue passports and singing Vera Lynn songs. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I know, the EU is implemeting a detailed infection strategy.We're running around waving blue passports and singing Vera Lynn songs. 

:laugh:

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I reckon it is media-hype. Boris knows this or he wouldn't be endangering all the traditional Tory voters. So far this Corona virus is just highly contagious but is no more dangerous than normal flu...

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Almighty headache for the SPFL in a few weeks

Doncaster will know what to do. He's a very able man. 

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I reckon it is media-hype. Boris knows this or he wouldn't be endangering all the traditional Tory voters. So far this Corona virus is just highly contagious but is no more dangerous than normal flu...

😀

See as numbers in China are reducing, does it not just take 1 infected person to start the whole shitfest again when lockdowns are ended? 

Frankfurter
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

See as numbers in China are reducing, does it not just take 1 infected person to start the whole shitfest again when lockdowns are ended? 

Yep. Although I guess this time they'd catch and contain it much more quickly thanks to public awareness and stupendous amounts of testing. Which is what we should be doing.

heatonjambo
39 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

This guy agreed with you.

😀

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqjdA2xDGoiKnRNOxi0UuR2vGmwD

Sorry is too big o imbed unless mods can help

3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Mid February and everyone was being temp checked at Italian airports, that went well.

The Chief Medical Officer said that today. No benefit in doing these checks he said. 

I think closed doors games is almost inevitable, the spread isn't going to miraculously slow in the next 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Back to football 

EPL financial difficulty?... 

'mon the Corona! 

:sweeet:

Just now, Sarah O said:

'mon the Corona! 

Yeah

Might be gasping for Rangers and Celtic to join them to help save them. 

34 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Don't believe them.

10 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

'mon the Corona! 

EFL I'm afraid. EPL will be fine I'm sure thanks to TV money

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

I think you should have a word with Boris. You seem to have the answers.

He certainly doesn’t have any answers, just lie upon lie. Do you trust Hancock too, the guy that said they’d been discussing the crisis with supermarkets which turned out to be a lie. Stick your head back in the sand if you want.

Did you support Levein to the bitter end by the way? You see a pattern?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Less than 4% of their turnover comes from gate receipts apparently.

Walter Bishop

It's hard to believe there isn't some form of medicine out there that doesn't have any form of impact whatsoever. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

It's hard to believe there isn't some form of medicine out there that doesn't have any form of impact whatsoever. 

There probably is somewhere.

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

I read somewhere about a patient in Spain having a good reaction to a HIV drug + another. 

Sorry can't remember the details. 🙄

I'll try and find the article

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Chief Medical Officer said that today. No benefit in doing these checks he said. 

I reckon so.

Walter Bishop

Surely the headline should be the 60,000 that have so far recovered, or does that not suit whatever agenda's are in play? 

Screenshot_20200309-194942_Twitter.jpg

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I read somewhere about a patient in Spain having a good reaction to a HIV drug + another. 

Sorry can't remember the details. 🙄

I'll try and find the article

I posted it in the Shed today. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Antivirals like Tamiflu have no effect. That is why the initial outbreak caused such concern and why its spread is having such an impact.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Antivirals like Tamiflu have no effect. That is why the initial outbreak caused such concern and why its spread is having such an impact.

All sporting events in Italy suspended.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Thats got to be the worry for most Scottish football isn't it,

"Scottish Premiership clubs earn a greater percentage of their income from ticket sales than any other top league in Europe, according to Uefa's latest Club Licensing Benchmark report..." https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51177558 (27/2/20)

Absolutely, also teams would rather play us in an empty Tynie than a full one. It’s all up in the air just now.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He certainly doesn’t have any answers, just lie upon lie. Do you trust Hancock too, the guy that said they’d been discussing the crisis with supermarkets which turned out to be a lie. Stick your head back in the sand if you want.

Did you support Levein to the bitter end by the way? You see a pattern?

You're panicking mate.

...a bit disco
28 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Thats got to be the worry for most Scottish football isn't it,

"Scottish Premiership clubs earn a greater percentage of their income from ticket sales than any other top league in Europe, according to Uefa's latest Club Licensing Benchmark report..." https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51177558 (27/2/20)

Doncasters sterling work with sponsorship and TV deals coming home to roost.

54 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I think closed doors games is almost inevitable, the spread isn't going to miraculously slow in the next 10 days. 

Maybe but comments from chief medical officer today that we are close to the point where anyone with any symptoms, even the common cold, will be required to self-isolate for 7 days will signal the end of this seasons football. No club is going to play games, behind closed doors or not, if they have three three or four players in self-isolation due to cold symptoms. Think they will have to suspend the fixtures for 4-6 weeks then make a call. Similar to what Italy have  just done. 

Edited by soonbe110

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe but comments from chief medical officer today that we are close to the point where anyone with any symptoms, even the common cold, will be required to self-isolate for 7 days will signal the end of this seasons football. No club is going to play games, behind closed doors or not, if they have three three or four players in self-isolation due to cold symptoms. Think they will have to suspend the fixtures for 4-6 weeks then make a call. Similar to what Italy have  just done. 

Agreed season scrapped and void. 

The season is bound to end up suspended in due course. Latest from the government (as above) saying self isolation for a week if your basically coughing will see this happen. 

24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

All sporting events in Italy suspended.

Just switched on Juventus v inter, just feels like watching a kick about in the meadows. Very weird with no fans. I think we will just have to scrap our season.

4 minutes ago, superjack said:

Just switched on Juventus v inter, just feels like watching a kick about in the meadows. Very weird with no fans. I think we will just have to scrap our season.

Why are they even playing. I thought you weren't supposed to leave  Milan or is it ok if you are a footballer?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, connlach said:

Why are they even playing. I thought you weren't supposed to leave  Milan or is it ok if you are a footballer?

They just make it up as they go along. 

2 minutes ago, connlach said:

Now Juventus have scored, inter might be wishing they could change their minds about travelling.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, superjack said:

Now Juventus have scored, inter might be wishing they could change their minds about travelling.

Game was yesterday? 

Walter Bishop
5 minutes ago, superjack said:

This game was yesterday. :vrface:

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You're panicking mate.

Not at all, your pal that’s in way over his head most certainly is though. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Ah. Balls. 

The Corona must have effected my eyes

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Watch this then