Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The evidence suggests the virus dies instantly when exposed to fresh air, hence the reason for sporting events being allowed to carry on. 

Really? ..Sneezing /coughing wouldnt be an issue then..

Dont know where your getting your facts from,but that just not true.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

How could she not know how many meetings she has had?

"It is not known" = "Nobody at this newspaper knows/It hasn't been published". It doesn't mean she doesn't know.

5 hours ago, the general said:

City v Arsenal off tonight

If Arsenal players cannot play for at least 2 weeks the big problems are starting

It seems increasingly likely that EPL will need to take action soon potentially postponing the campaign and we'll not be too far behind.    Players having to self isolate is the big game changer.   Whatever it means though is anyone's guess right now.    A few nations have apparently approached EUFA to postpone the Euros by a year to help them complete their seasons.    Whatever happens, this is going to be unprecedented. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

5 hours ago, the general said:

City v Arsenal off tonight

If Arsenal players cannot play for at least 2 weeks the big problems are starting

Astonishing that Forest Games haven't been called off yet.

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

"It is not known" = "Nobody at this newspaper knows/It hasn't been published". It doesn't mean she doesn't know.

why not be more clear then?

”We have yet to be advised how many meetings.......”

To imply the contacts are unknown suggests that we could cross a threshold on containment

Sexton Hardcastle

As always our awfully run association will be last to act. Too busy thinking how to line the fat cats pockets.

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, Tott said:

Really? ..Sneezing /coughing wouldnt be an issue then..

Dont know where your getting your facts from,but that just not true.

Correct. This is half the problem with this whole situation. Folk spouting pish as fact!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Astonishing that Forest Games haven't been called off yet.

Why? Have any Forest players been exposed?

Enzo Chiefo
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

My hospital and the WA minister of Health are telling us that the virus can survive on flat surfaces for 9-12 hours on average.

This was today. Not sure where you're getting this from but it's completely untrue.

Maybe badly worded....but the virus dies almost instantly in the outside air. It doesn't linger in the air like flu which can spread very quickly. It has been said several times that you would have to be in contact with someone for at least 15mins to have any risk of being affected. Yes, of course if someone sneezes and you inhale the droplets immediately then you can be infected. The advice therefore that big outdoor sporting events should continue was because they present a very low risk. An indoor rally with Bernie Sanders, however, should be avoided...for so many reasons!

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. This is half the problem with this whole situation. Folk spouting pish as fact!!

Any information I post comes from experts that I have read or heard. I certainly wouldn't repeat anything I saw on social media. Also treat forecasts from govt officials with a large dose...they are purely designed to change behaviour but have contributed to panic buying.  Remember the 80%  - 45million of the UK population forecast. ...utter nonsense.

36 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As always our awfully run association will be last to act. Too busy thinking how to line the fat cats pockets.

Hmmmm I think on this occasion they are quite correctly following government advice on large events, which is currently to carry on. Imagine the slating they would get if they went AGAINST that advice and unilaterally started closed door games or suspended the leagues. Clubs are more likely to be covered financially if it’s the government instructing that events can’t go ahead. That’s force majeure. Any organisation taking independent action which is not backed by government advice wouldn’t be force majeure. Some clubs will be covered for not being able to trade due to force majeure reasons. Suspending now or having closed doors now would be catastrophic for a lot of clubs and might be prove to have been unnecessary.

27 cases in Scotland. Currently there is nothing to see here. I don’t see anything happening unless and until it reaches 500-1000, That sort of numbers, which it might never do

Edited by JimmyCant

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why? Have any Forest players been exposed?

The owner has the virus, and he was all over the Millwall game on Friday night. Millwall directors in isolation. **** knows what Forest and the EFL are thinking about.

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, Barack said:

Be nice to hear at least one OF game without Sectarian singing.

I think it’s in the managers contracts to chip in every now and then with a song.......this could be their big moment 

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why? Let's say one tests positive, their fixtures get postponed for two weeks and everyone is clear. Why can't they play?

Let’s see what happens now with Arsenal and how it plays out. Several players and Altai now started a 14 day self-isolation period. Tonight’s game postponed. Will Saturdays game v Brighton also be postponed? Or are clubs forced to play games even with several players missing? It was only a matter of time but it’s happened quicker than I expected. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it was December, Wuhan looked like it was still locked down when their leader President Xi was there today. Who knows what to believe about the situation there just now. 

He wouldn’t have been there if it had still been locked down. Agree re the truth being unclear. 

Dean Winchester
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let’s see what happens now with Arsenal and how it plays out. Several players and Altai now started a 14 day self-isolation period. Tonight’s game postponed. Will Saturdays game v Brighton also be postponed? Or are clubs forced to play games even with several players missing? It was only a matter of time but it’s happened quicker than I expected. 

The game is still on as it stands. The exposed players will have surpassed the 14 day period by the time they play Brighton.

Just now, Dean Winchester said:

The game is still on as it stands. The exposed players will have surpassed the 14 day period by the time they play Brighton.

Depends whether it’s 14 days from being in his company or 14 days from now. If it’s the former then they are clear tomorrow. Forest played on Friday night and he was there so there s bound to be repercussions from that. Wolves very unhappy that they are being forced to go to Greece where he has been at the stadium in recent days. It’s all a bit weird and inconsistent 

Dean Winchester
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Depends whether it’s 14 days from being in his company or 14 days from now. If it’s the former then they are clear tomorrow. Forest played on Friday night and he was there so there s bound to be repercussions from that. Wolves very unhappy that they are being forced to go to Greece where he has been at the stadium in recent days. It’s all a bit weird and inconsistent 

Brighton confirmed it on twitter that it was going ahead after discussions with the Premier League/medical officials so it will be 14 days from being in his company.

Olympiakos have just confirmed that all staff have been tested and returned as negative so that might ease the fears around that game.

3 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Brighton confirmed it on twitter that it was going ahead after discussions with the Premier League/medical officials so it will be 14 days from being in his company.

Olympiakos have just confirmed that all staff have been tested and returned as negative so that might ease the fears around that game.

Fingers crossed 

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The owner has the virus, and he was all over the Millwall game on Friday night. Millwall directors in isolation. **** knows what Forest and the EFL are thinking about.

Yes. However, did he expose the players? If he didn't there isn't an issue.

Our governing body will be trying to figure out how this can best benefit the old firm before any decision is made. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Our governing body will be trying to figure out how this can best benefit the old firm before any decision is made. 

Which is why i think they will not make a decision until after Sunday's old firm game at the earliest. All the other games are just a sideshow but no way will they want to ruin their "showpiece" game.

After that, they will try to get games played until celtic can get the title and the rest of us...well, who cares?

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which is why i think they will not make a decision until after Sunday's old firm game at the earliest. All the other games are just a sideshow but no way will they want to ruin their "showpiece" game.

After that, they will try to get games played until celtic can get the title and the rest of us...well, who cares?

spot on. As soon as Celtic declares champions that’ll be the line in the sand. Feck everyone else.

Some nations asking for the Euros to be postponed to 2021 so they have time to finish their seasons. Makes sense.

julienbrellier

things could happen very very quickly, due to the domino effect. This is the reason we need to get off the bottom ideally tonight. Any win would take us above St Mirren on goal difference, so we need to focus on that. If the league is cancelled they could relegate the bottom side. Unlikely but still a possibility.

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, pictures all over social media  Plyers, fans, directors etc.

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

But if he's not self isolating and following the advice,  which should the players bother?    It's still irrisponsible and poor leadership. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes, pictures all over social media  Plyers, fans, directors etc.

I will take your word for it but I take anything on social media with a ton of salt.

1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

I get your point however the advice given out to us is:

symptoms will usually appear within 5-7 days if infected

can still have the virus with no symptoms and be a carrier of it for fourteen days

Since Arsenal played Olympiakos they have played Portsmouth 9 days ago and West Ham 5 days ago. Should these teams players not now be in self-isolation until Arsenal players are cleared or their own risk period is over? 

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I will take your word for it but I take anything on social media with a ton of salt.

Even pictures of him with players, fans and directors?

I suppose they could be photoshopped or from a different game.

That's taking mistrust of social media to a whole new level.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Still in the "nothing to see here" camp Geoff?  😂

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, graygo said:

Had it been sky news I wouldn’t trust them.

John Findlay
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

I am and have been since day one.

Just now, graygo said:

I think it might be an age thing

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I am and have been since day one.

What's happening then John? What's your take?

Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Some nations asking for the Euros to be postponed to 2021 so they have time to finish their seasons. Makes sense.

Seems like the best option right now. I think most football fans prioritise club football over international football and would happily see the Euros delayed for a year whilst the regular season rolls into June.

Only issue may be player contracts expiring at the end of |May?

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

What's happening then John? What's your take?

No different to any other virus in the longterm. I had flu last July. Didnt eat for 9 days. I dont think this Coronavirus is any worse than that. I had measles, mumps and chicken pox as a child. 

I've been to war at 19yrs old. My attitude maybe blase and flippant to many. It's just the way I'm made. I'm 57 years old next month. I wont be changing. I also think in this day and age of 24hr news outlet, they need to fill space and time. So they kick the arse out of stories and sensationalise ad nauseam. I dont believe all I read and only believe half of what I see. 

3 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Goal (@goal) Tweeted:
Getafe's chairman Angel Torres has said that the club will not travel to Italy for Thursday's #UEL game with Inter: "If we lose the tie, we will accept it but Getafe won't travel to Italy." 🙅‍♂️ https://t.co/IqOpA82tg2 https://twitter.com/goal/status/1237514814508814336?s=20

That one will be the game changer. Wolves tried it yesterday but backed down. Getafe would have to stay in Italy if they travel there or immediately go into quarantine when they return. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
29 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

How do you mean?

If that's not being amongst the zombie apocalypse shitting myself so I need to empty the shelves of toilet roll camp then yes!

Geoff Kilpatrick
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

As I said, I took his word for it.

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How do you mean?

If that's not being amongst the zombie apocalypse shitting myself so I need to empty the shelves of toilet roll camp then yes!

The Greek owner of a football club has coronavirus. We need to be responsible enough to accept the implications of that and act accordingly. Otherwise we get an Italian situation where, according to those in the hospitals right now, if you are seriously ill from anything you are unlikely to get the treatment you need and might well die. It has nothing to do with Zombies but everything to do with avoiding pressure on a health service that will not be able to cope if we get high levels of covid-19 in the UK.

40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No different to any other virus in the longterm. I had flu last July. Didnt eat for 9 days. I dont think this Coronavirus is any worse than that. I had measles, mumps and chicken pox as a child. 

I've been to war at 19yrs old. My attitude maybe blase and flippant to many. It's just the way I'm made. I'm 57 years old next month. I wont be changing. I also think in this day and age of 24hr news outlet, they need to fill space and time. So they kick the arse out of stories and sensationalise ad nauseam. I dont believe all I read and only believe half of what I see. 

See my reply to Geoff. I'm older than you John but i'm aware of the impications of any virus spreading rapidly through the population. No need to worry but realise this could seriously impact on the nations health care. It may be flu like to individuals but a mass outbreak could cause the collapse, in the shirt term of our health service.

Enzo Chiefo
37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Great post.  They do have to move on from one crisis to another; for the entire year past, we were warned about food shortages, flight cancellations and lack of medicines due to Brexit, lorries parked up etc. Now we're on to something else and, although it may change, we are talking about a few hundred people in the UK and 100k worldwide. It's a lot of people but tens of thousands of people in the UK are dying of Sepsis and cancer each year and it gets pushed on to the back burner. Just a few weeks ago the Daily Mail were spearheading a campaign for men to get checked out for prostate cancer. Now, it's forgotten.. despite killing far more people in the UK than this passing virus will. For epidemiologists etc, this is their World Cup Final  Open Golf and Wimbledon rolled into one so, yes, they want to exaggerate its relevance. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The Greek owner of a football club has coronavirus. We need to be responsible enough to accept the implications of that and act accordingly. Otherwise we get an Italian situation where, according to those in the hospitals right now, if you are seriously ill from anything you are unlikely to get the treatment you need and might well die. It has nothing to do with Zombies but everything to do with avoiding pressure on a health service that will not be able to cope if we get high levels of covid-19 in the UK.

No argument. It is everyone's responsibility to do the right thing. Equally, it doesn't mean that anyone in vicinity of the guy should shit themselves. The York MP, for example, is doing the right thing but will more likely than not test negative.

IveSeenTheLight
36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great post.  They do have to move on from one crisis to another; for the entire year past, we were warned about food shortages, flight cancellations and lack of medicines due to Brexit, lorries parked up etc. Now we're on to something else and, although it may change, we are talking about a few hundred people in the UK and 100k worldwide. It's a lot of people but tens of thousands of people in the UK are dying of Sepsis and cancer each year and it gets pushed on to the back burner. Just a few weeks ago the Daily Mail were spearheading a campaign for men to get checked out for prostate cancer. Now, it's forgotten.. despite killing far more people in the UK than this passing virus will. For epidemiologists etc, this is their World Cup Final  Open Golf and Wimbledon rolled into one so, yes, they want to exaggerate its relevance. 

If we look at the Italy scenario (and there's no evidence we couldn't see a similar explosion here) the challenge is not necessarily on those that have contracted the virus, but the strain it puts on the health service.

I heard yesterday that they are needing to send ambulances from 8-km away because the local hospitals in Lombardy are packed.

They are being told to self isolate at home, else travel the 80km to go into the ever increasing impacted hospitals elsewhere.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

But the players in isolation wont have trained for 2 weeks?? Interesting to see how this pans out.