They Can't Relegate Us (Legally)

JJ93

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, no, no... apparently he was actually just making an obvious facetious and pedant point. 🙄

Still not getting it even after Anderson5 spelt it out for you.

I must say, the username and avatar are very apt.

As you were Special Officer Doofy ;) 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

43 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

As an aside point.

The governments are looking to extend the pandemic. Seriously they are.

This is to try and reduce and delay the peak so that the NHS can cope at the peak

There are plenty of graphs to show this

NED-1393-Coronavirus-peak-graph_1WBb9za0

What this means is that if they are successful in delaying the virus spread, this is not going to be done in the next 2-3 months

Seems to be a bit of disjoint between what the UK Govt say and what they do. It appears other countries are making far more effort to facilitate the "delay" whilst our medical guys keep saying things like "we need 60% of people to get it to create herd immunity" and then not ban social gatherings leaving it to the football authorities etc to make the calls themselves...

Makes me think Boris is a callous b'sterd who has a little cabal of guys around him who all talk about "doing things differently" and "thinking outside the box"...perhaps he hasn't got any relatives over 80, or perhaps he knows Stanley Johnson and his mum will get preferential treatment?

Edited by Spellczech

10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Still not getting it even after Anderson5 spelt it out for you.

I must say, the username and avatar are very apt.

As you were Special Officer Doofy ;) 

A very apt username indeed. I agree. Shame you “don’t get it”.

Anderson5 can spell out whatever he likes. I’ve not agreed with a word the guy has said on here the entire time he’s been a member. I’m not even convinced he’s a Hearts supporter.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Anderson5 can spell out whatever he likes. I’ve not agreed with a word the guy has said on here the entire time he’s been a member. I’m not even convinced he’s a Hearts supporter.

You haven’t agreed with a word I’ve said on here the entire time I’ve been a member? Or the entire time you’ve been a member?

As there’s a considerable difference.  

They couldn't/wouldn't hand the league title to Celtic if their lead was only 6 points with 20 odd points still to play for so surely we can't be relegated with the same margin. 

Just now, Anderson5 said:

You haven’t agreed with a word I’ve said on here the entire time I’ve been a member? Or the entire time you’ve been a member?

As there’s a considerable difference.  

This is my second profile. I first joined back in 2008.

47 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

No you've attended the matches, got whatever enjoyment you get out of watching Aberdeen. Why would you get your money back?

Agree with this.  If you went to a concert and the singer became ill 15 mins from end and rest of show cancelled would you expect a refund....

1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Season off until September, and final standings will stand.

According to Gavin Wallace on Twitter.

He seems to suggest no relegation though.

The only option I see is null and void the season. No way can you make decisions on titles or relegation when full fixture list not completed.  Shame for Celtic, Dundee Utd and the other league leaders but whatever the decision there are going to be those that lose out.

Null and void is the only scenario that is fair i'm afraid, you are going to have hundreds of scenarios of unfairness when certain decisions are made.  
Imagine we managed to beat St Mirren last week and sat 11th, everyone would be going mental saying St Mirren don't deserve to go down cause they've only been bottom for 10% of the season blah blah. 

There is something much bigger going on than football in the world right now, the world is going to be a much different place in 6 months time and football titles/relegation is going to be meaningless in the scheme of things. 

For teams like Dundee Utd and Cove and whoever else i'm afraid you have picked the wrong year to run away with it. The only sensible way I can see those teams moving leagues is through league reconstruction.  

As for Hearts, on the balance of the season we probably due deserve to go down but theres so much more football to be played to make a sweeping decision to officially relegate us. 

I would expect there's going to be guidance from UEFA if no more football this season. It's not going to be up to individual associations to make a call that might differ one country to the next. 

Edited by JackLadd

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

No but it's the prominent article on the Guardian site.

About British football or just Scottish?

26 minutes ago, RENE said:

The only option I see is null and void the season. No way can you make decisions on titles or relegation when full fixture list not completed.  Shame for Celtic, Dundee Utd and the other league leaders but whatever the decision there are going to be those that lose out.

Correct. You must make a decision that is within the rules you started out with . I.e there has to be 38 games before anything is settled. You can’t make a major impact decision such as relegating clubs who may have survived, when it contravenes your rules and is intrinsically against sporting integrity. Any club a victim of that scenario would be knocking on the door of CAS and would win their case.

i can see the justification if an outcome is mathematically already settled but I don’t think that applies anywhere in British football yet

IMO the most likely solution here is to finish this season when we can, and that won’t be until mid to Late summer at best and then work out what we do next with a clean sheet of paper and all issues sportingly resolved. Some time is available here and it needs to be put to best use.

issues like transfer windows and player contracts and European football are secondary and easily legislated for IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

GorgieRules22

After reading the Daily Record article which goes quite in depth I’m convinced we’ll be relegated at some point this week.

To relegate a team with 24 points still to play for would be the straw that breaks the camels back for me, I’ll be done with football up here.

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

After reading the Daily Record article which goes quite in depth I’m convinced we’ll be relegated at some point this week.

To relegate a team with 24 points still to play for would be the straw that breaks the camels back for me, I’ll be done with football up here.

No danger IMO. That’s not a decision Hearts FC or it’s fan base would just take lying down and it’s a far FAR bigger issue than multi millionaires strolling to another unopposed  title for the umpteenth time

Edited by JimmyCant

thehibsareintheirbeds

Whatever happens I honestly cant believe there will be a situation where they just relegate whoever's into relegation spot(s) at the time. Look at england, villa are second bottom but have a game in hand because they got to a cup final and would go down. Nothing would suprise me in scottish football but there must be some UEFA or standard approach to it all that finds a way forward

Graham Thomson

Only positive if and when the season eventually resumes! Peter Haring might be fit 😏

I think I took that just too far !!!!

Bunny Munro

Is this suggesting that had we won 1-0 on Wednesday night, St Mirren would have been relegated on goals scored with over 20% of the season left.

Clubs often go on runs. Look at us the start of last season. Look at Hibs when Ross came in. Look at Hamilton recently. Who’s to say we wouldn’t ?

to relegate a team when there are 8 games left (and let’s not forget we play the teams around us as well as them all playing each other) is just ridiculous.

I don’t care what that sheep says here it’s not right in any way.

It’s tragic circumstances here. 
The season should be null and void. It’s a global pandemic and if the Guardian is to be believed it could be 2021 before there is any return to normality. There may be no football for a very long time.

3 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Is this suggesting that had we won 1-0 on Wednesday night, St Mirren would have been relegated on goals scored with over 20% of the season left.

No, as that never happened, so why deal in whataboutery. The reality is we are going down and we deserve it. For a tiny club like Hamilton to be above us this season and how the on field matters have been mismanaged for 3-4 years now, we are the poorest team and over a very long time. 

As long as everyone on long contracts have relegation clauses (half wages etc) and Miss B and the whole board leave, its a new start whereby we finally forget about administration, Levein et al and start getting back to the club we all fell in love with over the years. 

So much now to concentrate on and hopefully bring us all together with a bright future ahead, and a chip or 2 on our shoulders to ram down others throats over the next few years 😊

Always❤'s

I don’t think many on here really believe we would have made it to safety and that’s probably the view across football. It’s looking like the season will officially end this week, it’s just a case of someone saying up or down for us now. We might play our semi in sept with a completely different team if we are relegated.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct. You must make a decision that is within the rules you started out with . I.e there has to be 38 games before anything is settled. You can’t make a major impact decision such as relegating clubs who may have survived, when it contravenes your rules and is intrinsically against sporting integrity. Any club a victim of that scenario would be knocking on the door of CAS and would win their case.

i can see the justification if an outcome is mathematically already settled but I don’t think that applies anywhere in British football yet

IMO the most likely solution here is to finish this season when we can, and that won’t be until mid to Late summer at best and then work out what we do next with a clean sheet of paper and all issues sportingly resolved. Some time is available here and it needs to be put to best use.

issues like transfer windows and player contracts and European football are secondary and easily legislated for IMO

And outwith the Glasgow Football Association that would be the case but we know they and the GPFL have history of making it up as they go along. 

6 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

After reading the Daily Record article

That was your first mistake.

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

The reality is we are going down and we deserve it.

No, sorry. We absolutely do not deserve to go down. 

Football outcomes should always be decided on the field of play. They should not be decisions cobbled together in a room somewhere by people with a vested interest in the outcome. That's just ridiculous.

If it can't be decided on the park over the 38 games required for an outcome, there must be no tainted decision as an alternative. 

A race is won on the finishing line not 10 metres from the finishing line. Anything else is just a temporary snapshot and meaningless.

10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Football outcomes should always be decided on the field of play. They should not be decisions cobbled together in a room somewhere by people with a vested interest in the outcome. That's just ridiculous.

If it can't be decided on the park over the 38 games required for an outcome, there must be no tainted decision as an alternative. 

A race is won on the finishing line not 10 metres from the finishing line. Anything else is just a temporary snapshot and meaningless.

Well said mate. Well said 👏👏👏

17 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

:spoton:

Got a bad feeling we will be dumped on so as to give 9 in a row

However it's our own fault. I hope sense prevails but with this lot I ain't holding my breath 

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

However it's our own fault. I hope sense prevails but with this lot I ain't holding my breath 

Nothing is anyone’s fault. Granted we’ve been shite but the season is far from over, they won’t just be cheating adults but also kids who have season tickets also.

8 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Relegation after an incomplete fixture list would not be our fault at all.

Sources telling me that Scottish football will stop until September. League standings will be final, there will no closed door games due to Insurance’s not covering the risks of catching the virus from playing. The league cup will not run next season., The Scottish Cup will run from September and there is apparently one club in the premiership that does not hold the insurance to pay out over the current situation.apparently rose county.   I’ve been told to expect this announcement on Monday.

from a BBC reporter 

Shame there were no quotes in Banderson’s EEN story about Hearts taking legal action if they try and demote us. I’d like to read something official from the club along those lines.

I don’t understand why any decision has to be reached now. We are still at the beginning of this coronavirus crisis, and many things will play out before an informed decision can be made about how to proceed with Scottish football. 

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Shame there were no quotes in Banderson’s EEN story about Hearts taking legal action if they try and demote us. I’d like to read something official from the club along those lines.

The season was only put on hold on Friday morning. We’ve not even had a full working day pass since then. Everyone needs a bit of patience, particularly given the more important things going on. 

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

How would we decide all the play-offs? 

Bigger league next season. Two promoted and no relegation for us. We're the form team in the cup so final's appearance money to boot.

😁

Kirky Jambo
20 minutes ago, Jambo 85 said:

Sources telling me that Scottish football will stop until September. League standings will be final, there will no closed door games due to Insurance’s not covering the risks of catching the virus from playing. The league cup will not run next season., The Scottish Cup will run from September and there is apparently one club in the premiership that does not hold the insurance to pay out over the current situation.apparently rose county.   I’ve been told to expect this announcement on Monday.

from a BBC reporter 

I read this yesterday too but it doesn’t actually mention relegation nor does it say who would be deemed to win the play offs

If reports are to be believed, we are going to be relegated imminently, the supporters cannot just stand by and let his happen, and I would hope the club would fight this tooth and nail, other county are rumoured to be looking to reconstruct leagues but it would appear the SPFL go for the easiest option with the goal of keeping Lennon and Lawell happy

GorgieRules22
9 minutes ago, lou said:

If reports are to be believed, we are going to be relegated imminently, the supporters cannot just stand by and let his happen, and I would hope the club would fight this tooth and nail, other county are rumoured to be looking to reconstruct leagues but it would appear the SPFL go for the easiest option with the goal of keeping Lennon and Lawell happy

Absolutely.

Being honest if this happens I’m not sure I’ll go back to another Scottish game.

28 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I don’t understand why any decision has to be reached now. We are still at the beginning of this coronavirus crisis, and many things will play out before an informed decision can be made about how to proceed with Scottish football. 

True.

Back to 2005

While sky sports generally think the old firm is the only game worth promoting we are a much bigger draw than the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren so camt I.agine they are overly pleased if we are demoted. 

16 minutes ago, lou said:

Yep. We are not the Scottish Professional Football Titles In a Row League.

7 minutes ago, The Merse said:

That Daily Record article is quite horrifying.

Surely to **** they cannot do this. 

It is indeed. Particularly given Hamilton’s representation at SPFL board level who are clearly going to favour this option. 

1 minute ago, haj said:

If we get relegated by the SFA just so they can appease Celtic fans we better ******* challenge it in the courts.

Exactly, only fair way is to play the games behind closed doors. Someone mentioned a scenario where we’re relegated as season ends now but the Scottish cup games go ahead in September? How would that work for us after a lot of our players seemingly have relegation clauses?

7 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This bit was entertaining:

“The SFA could have a powerful ally in UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin after Hampden bosses hosted a summit four years ago in Glasgow aimed at helping him see off Dutch rival Michael van Praag for the post.

England and other major football nations voted for Praag, but other home nations, Ireland and the Scandinavian associations went with the Slovenian after he was invited by SFA president Alan McRae to make a pitch at Hampden.”

:lol:

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly, only fair way is to play the games behind closed doors. Someone mentioned a scenario where we’re relegated as season ends now but the Scottish cup games go ahead in September? How would that work for us after a lot of our players seemingly have relegation clauses?

The only fair way is to let the dust settle on Friday’s decision, see how things pan out (generally, and with the impact on clubs etc.) then make an educated decision from there. Any decision made now would have to be revisited, one way or another. 

Unfortunately, we now live in a society where everyone demands instant, reactive decisions. 

Edited by Peebo