Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

Dagger Is Back
54 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

i've booked when rivers meet as well

saw them at the garage earlier this year and they were superb

I was there too and they were superb as you say.

53 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

the dust coda tonight at king tuts

Damn would have liked to have seen them. Should be a great gig.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

Two standing Tickets for sale for The Prodigy at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Thursday 16th November 2023. Can meet in Edinburgh or send Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed.

the original dalry llama

Going to wander along to Assai Records in a bit to see Pip Blom’s in store performance at 5pm. I’ve got gigs in Glasgow for the next three nights too:
Saturday - Mandy, Indiana at the Hug and Pint
Sunday - Nadine Shah at King Tuts
Monday - Slowdive at QMU

The new West End
On 24/10/2023 at 23:48, Costanza said:

Young Fathers at Barrowlands tonight.

I saw what I saw. Sensational.

Going to the Edinburgh gig on Tuesday

They are probably my favourite band certainly best live band around

On 24/10/2023 at 23:48, Costanza said:

Young Fathers at Barrowlands tonight.

I saw what I saw. Sensational.

Off to see them on Wednesday at Usher Hall, can't wait. Be the second time this year I've seen them. Just as an aside what time did the gig finish... Planning train home to Fife, hoping can make the last one. 

Another game I'm missing...

12 hours ago, The new West End said:

Going to the Edinburgh gig on Tuesday

They are probably my favourite band certainly best live band around

Usher Hall will be a great gig. The whole band are power and incredbly tight.

10 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Off to see them on Wednesday at Usher Hall, can't wait. Be the second time this year I've seen them. Just as an aside what time did the gig finish... Planning train home to Fife, hoping can make the last one. 

Their set was supposed to be 9 to 1030 but they came on about 910. I left during the last song encore so I could rush back to Queen St and get the 1045 train back to Waverley.

14 hours ago, Costanza said:

Usher Hall will be a great gig. The whole band are power and incredbly tight.

Their set was supposed to be 9 to 1030 but they came on about 910. I left during the last song encore so I could rush back to Queen St and get the 1045 train back to Waverley.

Cheers thats helpful

Placid Casual

Those that went to Slowdive on Monday. What did you think?

I thought they were great, especially the Alison and ‘When The Sun Hits’ one-two. Brilliant.

Henry. Henry.
23 hours ago, Mister T said:

The Bug Club tomorrow at Summerhall. Quirky band to say the least 

Pop up quite a lot on my Spotify as related artists on stuff I listen to. Quite enjoy them without delved right into their stuff. 

Space at The Caves for me tonight.  Hot on the heels of Young Fathers brilliance last night. 

23 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

Those that went to Slowdive on Monday. What did you think?

I thought they were great, especially the Alison and ‘When The Sun Hits’ one-two. Brilliant.

I thought they were excellent. Thought sound at QMU was very good as well which is really important for their sound.

When The Sun Hits was mega.

Only gripe is that like the previous album tour, they didn't play No Longer Making Time which for me is their best song alongwith When The Sun Hits.

On 28/10/2023 at 12:12, Beave1874 said:

Was there last night too. What did you think?

I thought it was pretty mind blowing. Felt special.

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, Costanza said:

I thought they were excellent. Thought sound at QMU was very good as well which is really important for their sound.

When The Sun Hits was mega.

Only gripe is that like the previous album tour, they didn't play No Longer Making Time which for me is their best song alongwith When The Sun Hits.

Hopefully they will play it during the February tour. Bonus that they are returning to Scotland so soon.

It was my first time at QMU. Good venue. Great view up in the balcony.

18 minutes ago, pablo said:

Was there last night too. What did you think?

I thought it was pretty mind blowing. Felt special.

Was amazing. Was one of the most electric gigs I've ever been to.

14 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Was amazing. Was one of the most electric gigs I've ever been to.

I went to the after party at the Mash House. Was great night. 

An almost un Edinburgh like gig I thought.

15 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Was tempted to stay over and go to the after party. What was that like and did you get a chance to meet them? 

It was great. Younger crowd than the mixed age group at the concert. The band were certainly there and I got the impression it was more like their mates that were in the crowd.

The really cool female singer with the half white and black afro was on the decks at one point. Decent actually.

She was in my local last Sunday night (The Tourmalet in Leith). Didn't realise who she was at the time, but she obviously caught my attention!

5 hours ago, Costanza said:

Got bdrmm in Glasgow this Sunday.

Bought Richard Hawley and Pet Shop Boys tickets for next June as well this morning. Skinto.

Had a look at PSB tickets yesterday but was amazed at the price. £140 or so for floor seating? Not surprised your skinto!! Think the cheapest was about £50 for the back sections?

Got Prodigy at the Hydro next Thursday and they were £60 though that's standing.

6 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Had a look at PSB tickets yesterday but was amazed at the price. £140 or so for floor seating? Not surprised your skinto!! Think the cheapest was about £50 for the back sections?

Got Prodigy at the Hydro next Thursday and they were £60 though that's standing.

Yeah a floor section was £140 at first glance but got tickets in an equivalent section at the other side for £109 but no idea why different. Both ridiculous to be honest. Don't know if this just a ticketmaster (copyright- worst company in the world) thing but Depeche Mode was £100 standing and £200 seated which makes no sense.

I'm getting to the stage now that bar a handful of bands, I'm not going bother with gigs at these prices and just go to smaller venues.

Going to see the Weller Man at Edinburgh Castle on Sat 13th July.

Last time was Thu 11th July, 2019, and it was awesome.

Fingers crossed for fine weather. 😎

Screenshot_20231109_150922_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_145206_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_145113_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_144538_Gallery.jpg

Going to see A Certain Ratio at Stereo in Glasgow on Sunday. Has anyone on here been to this venue and, if so, what is it like?

I saw ACR in the Voodoo Rooms last year, I think, and they are excellent live.

Headed to Dreamstate next Friday. Genuinely can't remember ever seeing a line up like this before. It is absolutely outrageousdssc_2023_mk_lu_lubd_soc_no_cta_1080x135

9 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Going to see A Certain Ratio at Stereo in Glasgow on Sunday. Has anyone on here been to this venue and, if so, what is it like?

I saw ACR in the Voodoo Rooms last year, I think, and they are excellent live.

Not been for a few years, but it's a decent compact venue, think about 250-300. Vegan cafe upstairs.

Funnily enough gig I'm going to Sunday (bdrmm) was originally at Stereo before moving to Classic Grand.

5 hours ago, Costanza said:

Not been for a few years, but it's a decent compact venue, think about 250-300. Vegan cafe upstairs.

Funnily enough gig I'm going to Sunday (bdrmm) was originally at Stereo before moving to Classic Grand.

Cheers Costanza, enjoy

the original dalry llama

This week's gigs:
This afternoon - Carla J. Easton at Mono
Tonight - bdrmm at the Classic Grand
Monday - Wreckless Eric at the Voodoo Rooms
Friday - Carla J Easton /  Malka at MacArts (Galashiels)
Saturday - Mozart Estate at the Voodoo Rooms

Seeing Death Cult tonight at the Barrowlands.

That is The Cult playing their early stuff from Southern Death Cult, Death Cult, and first two Cult albums, Dreamtime and Love.  Nothing later than that is on recent setlists.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

That is The Cult playing their early stuff from Southern Death Cult, Death Cult, and first two Cult albums, Dreamtime and Love.  Nothing later than that is on recent setlists.

Should be brilliant that 👍

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I dare you to do what I did last time I was there.

See at the interval? Venture out to the local pubs for some ad-hoc Republican tunes.

It'll make yer night complete. 🤭

Much stomping of feet in Irish themed venues that make the pub in Craiglang (as in 'Still Game') look classy.

11 minutes ago, OBE said:

Hootie...27 July 2024, Bridgestone arena Nashville...

If you get the chance ... here's a place totally beyond 'The Strip' with its touristy offerings.

You'll likely be the only non-local there.

If you're on holiday then make the effort.

Well worth the effort.

If you're kinda local, then you'll already know.

https://stationinn.com/

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If you get the chance ... here's a place totally beyond 'The Strip' with its touristy offerings.

You'll likely be the only non-local there.

If you're on holiday then make the effort.

Well worth the effort.

If you're kinda local, then you'll already know.

https://stationinn.com/

Thanks for that, were staying relatively close, Peabody St, just of 4th Ave St, 20 min walk or 5 min taxi. We are looking for somewhere away from the masses after the gig, this could be it...cheers!

17 minutes ago, OBE said:

Thanks for that, were staying relatively close, Peabody St, just of 4th Ave St, 20 min walk or 5 min taxi. We are looking for somewhere away from the masses after the gig, this could be it...cheers!

You could do worse than head for Doc Holliday's Saloon; 2nd Ave off Broadway.

Some awesome artistes to be seen.

Oh, and look out for Hillary Klug on the junction of 2nd Ave & Broadway.

Feel free to give her my regards. 😁

I have tales to tell, but too much for this thread. 🤭

Screenshot_20231112_162737_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231112_162836_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231112_162912_Gallery.jpg

Just booked a Meet and Greet with Shaun Ryder at The Rothes Halls, Glenrothes.......April 2025 wtf!!!

We live once, so screw it........

15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I dare you to do what I did last time I was there.

See at the interval? Venture out to the local pubs for some ad-hoc Republican tunes.

It'll make yer night complete. 🤭

Much stomping of feet in Irish themed venues that make the pub in Craiglang (as in 'Still Game') look classy.

I was so tempted to venture into Hoops Bar or Bar 67 over the road and start belting out the Hearts song.  Not sure if I'm a fast enough runner these days..... :lol:

I enjoyed the gig but it could have been better.

Support act Lil Refrain were one of the worst bands I've ever seen.  A constant drone rhat went nowhere.

The Cult only played 75 mins.  For a band with their back catalogue that was disappointing.  Could have added a set of hits post-Love.

Really tempted by Jah Wobble doing the Metal Box Dub live at La Belle Angel on Thursday but feeling a reluctance to spend £30 on a gig in there. I know it’s a fair price but there’s a subconscious thing about it.  

On 08/08/2023 at 11:26, Bauld said:

I saw Bob Vylan last year. It was my first experience of seeing or hearing them ever. I was a bit critical of them live but I gave them another chance by listening to their album and I have to admit I absolutely love them now.

New one out soon, single's a banger - He's a man