• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

14 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Luke Morley at the Cathouse tonight 

Lucky git....😁.....that will be a great gig, a few Thunder songs included I believe....🤘

the original dalry llama

Independent Venue Week starts tomorrow so there’s loads on. This week I’m going to see:
This afternoon - Serious Adults / R. Aggs / Wee Sara and the Texans / Sarah Gallagher / SheBeat at Leith Depot
Tonight - Nadine Shah at the Assembly Rooms
Wednesday - MF Tomlinson / Adam Ross at Sneaky Pete's
Thursday - Margaret Glaspy at Mono
Friday - Carla J. Easton at Sneaky Pete's
Saturday - Jeff Rosenstock / Shit Present at QMU

Afteroon Delight.jpg

Edited by the original dalry llama

Sooperstar
7 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

Independent Venue Week starts tomorrow so there’s loads on. This week I’m going to see:
This afternoon - Serious Adults / R. Aggs / Wee Sara and the Texans / Sarah Gallagher / SheBeat at Leith Depot
Tonight - Nadine Shah at the Assembly Rooms
Wednesday - MF Tomlinson / Adam Ross at Sneaky Pete's
Thursday - Margaret Glaspy at Mono
Friday - Carla J. Easton at Sneaky Pete's
Saturday - Jeff Rosenstock / Shit Present at QMU

Afteroon Delight.jpg

Can I suggest 86TVs at Binkies on Tuesday. I'll certainly be there. 

the original dalry llama
15 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Can I suggest 86TVs at Binkies on Tuesday. I'll certainly be there. 

I did see that one but can't manage Tuesday night. At the moment anyway.....

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Depeche mode in Glasgow tonight should be good 

Nadine Shah is the support, saw her on Sunday at the Assembly Rooms. She's bloody good!!

38 minutes ago, Wish said:

Nadine Shah is the support, saw her on Sunday at the Assembly Rooms. She's bloody good!!

Ah, now I know I don't need to rush to my seat at least. 

CF11JamTart
1 hour ago, Wish said:

Saw Depeche Mode at Birmingham last week. Parking probs meant that I missed Nadine Shah, but I will try to catch her again.

Next gig is Depeche Mode in Cologne. 

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Yup and glad to see Behind The Wheel back in the setlist 

12 hours ago, theshed said:

Great show 

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

What a tremendous evening that was. 

Yeah they were great. Up there with the best I've seen them.

Great set and would just be nit picking to wish they'd played Question Of Time or Wrong.

Thought Walking In My Shoes was next level good.

How has this band never headlined Glastonbury?

frankblack

Excellent gig.  I got a decent view this time as Twickenham was a severely restricted view.

Behind The Wheel was definitely a favourite last night.

CF11JamTart
4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Yeah they were great. Up there with the best I've seen them.

Great set and would just be nit picking to wish they'd played Question Of Time or Wrong.

Thought Walking In My Shoes was next level good.

How has this band never headlined Glastonbury?

Apparently they were offered a Glastonbury headline slot in 2009, but declined as they didn't think that it was the right line-up blend for them. The headliners that year ended being Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur. 

I enjoyed Twickenham last summer, but it had the usual issues with an open air stadium gig... And we were about 5km from the stage, in the north stand - for the benefit of daughter. 

But Birmingham last week was exceptional. They seem at the absolute top of their game. Would have loved to have heard "behind the wheel"... We had "World in my Eyes" instead. 

Really looking forward to Cologne at Easter. I'd always said to junior that we'd try to get to an overseas arena gig. Might be the last chance. 

But if so, they will be leaving on a high. 

2 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

Apparently they were offered a Glastonbury headline slot in 2009, but declined as they didn't think that it was the right line-up blend for them. The headliners that year ended being Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur. 

I enjoyed Twickenham last summer, but it had the usual issues with an open air stadium gig... And we were about 5km from the stage, in the north stand - for the benefit of daughter. 

But Birmingham last week was exceptional. They seem at the absolute top of their game. Would have loved to have heard "behind the wheel"... We had "World in my Eyes" instead. 

Really looking forward to Cologne at Easter. I'd always said to junior that we'd try to get to an overseas arena gig. Might be the last chance. 

But if so, they will be leaving on a high. 

Didn't know that about Glastonbury.

Always thought the hand waving for Never Let Me Down Again would be an iconic Glastonbury moment.

I was at the gig at the West Ham/Olympic stadium and that kind of venue my least favourite, far better at an indoor arena.

I was surprised they didn't do World In My Eyes and the Andy Fletcher tribute bit actually last night.

Anyway enjoy Cologne, that will be a great gig 

CF11JamTart
14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Always thought the hand waving for Never Let Me Down Again would be an iconic Glastonbury moment.

I was at the gig at the West Ham/Olympic stadium and that kind of venue my least favourite, far better at an indoor arena.

I was surprised they didn't do World In My Eyes and the Andy Fletcher tribute bit actually last night.

Yup... I was at the West Ham stadium too. It's fine... But an outdoor stadium gig can be a bit soul-less, and about half of it is in the daylight. 

Maybe Glastonbury this year? Who knows? It SHOULD work, but I dunno... They did Isle of Wight a few years ago, and apparently quite a lot of the crowd just didn't get it and were expecting an 80s revivalist act. Dunno. But yeah... Arm-waving at the Glastonbury Pyramid stage would be iconic. 

I think on this leg of the tour, they're swapping between World In My Eyes and Behind the Wheel. We'll see what we get at Cologne. 

I loved Martin's version of Strangelove. 

CF11JamTart
14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yup... I was at the West Ham stadium too. It's fine... But an outdoor stadium gig can be a bit soul-less, and about half of it is in the daylight. 

Maybe Glastonbury this year? Who knows? It SHOULD work, but I dunno... They did Isle of Wight a few years ago, and apparently quite a lot of the crowd just didn't get it and were expecting an 80s revivalist act. Dunno. But yeah... Arm-waving at the Glastonbury Pyramid stage would be iconic. 

I think on this leg of the tour, they're swapping between World In My Eyes and Behind the Wheel. We'll see what we get at Cologne. 

I loved Martin's version of Strangelove. 

frankblack

Got tickets for Pixies in Glasgow in the presale.

Phenomenal live band, you might not be surprised to hear me say! 😄

crunchy frog
On 03/02/2024 at 11:42, tedarmy said:

in edinburgh tonight

421843843_731392525758562_2754984777841615468_n.jpg

"Retaliation" was one of my favourite albums of the year when it came out. 

1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

"Retaliation" was one of my favourite albums of the year when it came out. 

:thumbsup:they have a new album out soon.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Booked up for this in August in Belfast. Going to stay another night and see the Waterboys on the Sunday. Should be a great weekend. FB_IMG_1707587168667.thumb.jpg.e934199906d9ab003fe4e21e902f035e.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180635_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3edb74c2fda4707b197a9c992c440da8.jpg

the original dalry llama

This weekend's musical entertainment with the added bonus that Martha are supporting. 

385062490_857118509108015_715825673282349909_n.jpg

periodictabledancer

Went to the AO  arena in Manchester Saturday to see The 1975 - only because I bought some good seats for my daughter who's a big fan but whose partner wouldn't ****ing go with her as it turned out.

A top band live with a great set.

Totally ruined by 20,000 women who never STFU for one minute. 

Topped off by awful acoustics that lost the vocals a lot of the time and the sax player completely. 

Sooperstar
7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Went to the AO  arena in Manchester Saturday to see The 1975 - only because I bought some good seats for my daughter who's a big fan but whose partner wouldn't ****ing go with her as it turned out.

A top band live with a great set.

Totally ruined by 20,000 women who never STFU for one minute. 

Topped off by awful acoustics that lost the vocals a lot of the time and the sax player completely. 

Well done to your daughter's partner. Respect. 

Placid Casual

Slowdive in Edinburgh on Saturday. Can’t wait, they were outstanding in Glasgow back in October.

28 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Slowdive in Edinburgh on Saturday. Can’t wait, they were outstanding in Glasgow back in October.

Gutted I can't make that. 

They are a great live band. I'm going to this though with Mogwai and Slowdive later this year.

Mogwai To Curate Glasgow's Big City Festival | Live | Clash Magazine Music  News, Reviews & Interviews

Placid Casual
8 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Gutted I can't make that. 

They are a great live band. I'm going to this though with Mogwai and Slowdive later this year.

Mogwai To Curate Glasgow's Big City Festival | Live | Clash Magazine Music  News, Reviews & Interviews

Yes, it looks good this. Real bonus that they are returning in the summer.

Heart of Darkness

Going to see The Vaccines on Thursday night at the Barrowlands. 

Looking for a heads-up on the best place to park? (preferably for free)

👍🏻

On 16/02/2024 at 15:28, davemclaren said:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse in Phoenix, Arizona in April. 😎

Not bragging or anything like…

Jim_Duncan

Saw an unexpected jazz gig in Tbilisi last night. Very good local musicians. Drummer - who also owns the venue - played like a man possessed. 

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not bragging or anything like…

I felt it appropriate.  😎 On a road trip then and just noticed last week that we were in Phoenix when that gig is on.  Seemed appropriate. 😄

Scaler at The Caves on March 31. They played my gig of the year in Sneeky Petes in 2023. And that was the week after seeing The Prodigy. 

the original dalry llama
42 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

Scaler at The Caves on March 31. They played my gig of the year in Sneeky Petes in 2023. And that was the week after seeing The Prodigy. 

PVA are on that bill with Scaler along with a few others.

periodictabledancer
10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done to your daughter's partner. Respect. 

I can see why he wouldn't go. 

...a bit disco

Fozzy at the QMU in Glasgow tonight.

the original dalry llama

Another trip to Glasgow tonight for the gentle sounds of Pest Control / Backstabber / Test of Patience at the Garage.

Telford_jambo123
23 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Fozzy at the QMU in Glasgow tonight.

How were they? I'm seeing them in Wolverhampton on Friday. What time did their set finish?

Edited by Telford_jambo123

the original dalry llama

Busy weekend - going to see Nadine Shah instore at Assai in Glasgow at lunchtime today followed by Frankie Rose at Stereo in the evening. Tomorrow sees my first visit to the Pianodrome since it relocated to Granton for a free lunchtime gig by Maud the Moth followed by Slowdive at the Liquid Room in the evening.