Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

Got tickets to see Alice Cooper in October to add to Judas priest, heart and acdc this year so far 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

Dirty Deeds
45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Got tickets to see Alice Cooper in October to add to Judas priest, heart and acdc this year so far 

Great bill for Priest, Heart & Alice too. Shame about them being on Monday and Tuesday

I'll be at ACDC and will make a late decision for Priest 

Gundermann

Missed Los Fastidios last night sadly. Sold out. Next year then...

Carl Fredrickson

My brother got tickets for my kids and I Christmas to go to Dunfermline next weekend to see Showaddywaddy. My kids are 8 and 13 and I hope they enjoy it.....

My son is learning guitar and keyboard and we have a few gigs this year - Springsteen at Sunderland in May, Jason Isbell at the Usher Hall in December and the Bootleg Beatles in December. 

My issue is a lot of venues have age restrictions otherwise would take him to a lot more and varied gigs

Dagger Is Back
10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Got a ticket for Heart big hate Squeeze with a passion. Waiting for a Scottish AC/DC date. 

Gig I was going to was The Residents in Glasgow in April, just got an email to say their European tour has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.  Immediately feared the worse and googled to see if someone had died, appears not, so unsure what the reason is.

Went to see Mary Coughlan tonight in Dún Laoghaire, having not seen her live since 1987.  Great show.

Working on a Meursault show tonight. Should be interesting as it isn’t the full band but Neil Pennycook with Faith Elliott proving electronic backing. 

I see the Inspiral Carpets are playing the Liquid Rooms on 8th August. In two minds as it'll be a Thursday (will we maybe have a Euro game?) and do much prefer Tom Hingley as vocalist.

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Working on a Meursault show tonight. Should be interesting as it isn’t the full band but Neil Pennycook with Faith Elliott proving electronic backing. 

Well it turns out my boss fed me a load of wrong info. It’s Faith Elliott as support doing very gentle music on the guitar and then a compact version of the band but more electronic than usual headlining.  

Going to see The Bonnevilles again next week, absolutely brilliant live 

And now with their music being used in Reacher and Blue Lines I am hoping that they are starting to get the recognition they deserve 

20240227_103506.jpg

the original dalry llama
On 26/02/2024 at 20:17, Tazio said:

Well it turns out my boss fed me a load of wrong info. It’s Faith Elliott as support doing very gentle music on the guitar and then a compact version of the band but more electronic than usual headlining.  

I hope your boss has done the honourable thing and resigned? 🙂

the original dalry llama

Just setting off for Leicester for this tomorrow night. 

Leicester Indiepop Alldayer 2024.jpg

frankblack
On 26/02/2024 at 21:56, Rousset1 said:

The JAMC at the Usher Hall.

I hope they can be arsed.

Last time I saw them at Kelvingrove Bandstand they were disappointing.

They aborted two songs when Jim Reid took a strop at the band for messing something up that nobody noticed in the audience.  Set wasn't very long either.

Very disappointing that ACDC have not included a Scottish date on their tour. Unless there are any more dates to follow.

On 23/02/2024 at 22:26, Dagger Is Back said:

Got a ticket for Heart big hate Squeeze with a passion. Waiting for a Scottish AC/DC date. 

Honestly mate I hope they don't come to Scotland, I am a huge!! AC/DC fan and have been since the start, however this is just a pale shadow. Once Malc passed I feel they should have knocked it on the head, the current line up has no Phil or Cliff ( not richard 😁) I also think Brian's voice is shot. Good luck to those going to see them but I'll remember the classic line up with great memories.

frankblack
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

Very disappointing that ACDC have not included a Scottish date on their tour. Unless there are any more dates to follow.

Wembley is shite for concerts from past experience so I passed on it.  Have Foo Fighters at the London Stadium already around the same time.  It is much wider, giving better pitch-side views.

Dirty Deeds
2 hours ago, micole said:

Honestly mate I hope they don't come to Scotland, I am a huge!! AC/DC fan and have been since the start, however this is just a pale shadow. Once Malc passed I feel they should have knocked it on the head, the current line up has no Phil or Cliff ( not richard 😁) I also think Brian's voice is shot. Good luck to those going to see them but I'll remember the classic line up with great memories.

A huge stadium and a new lineup is never going to beat being a teenager and seeing then at the Playhouse but it's still a great night and it doesn't tarnish those magnificent memories.

12 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

I hope your boss has done the honourable thing and resigned? 🙂

Boss and honourable are rarely used in the same sentence. Great gig though. If you ever get the chance to see them go for it. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Silversun Pickups tonight at Kalamazoo State Theatre. Anyone else on here going?

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, micole said:

I hear you Micole and don't disagree with what you say/hos you feel. I think we have very similar music tastes. 

I've only seen them once at Hampden last time round. Was a great experience but it's last chance saloon despite the completely changed line up.

Big part of me will kick myself black and blue if I don't go to their final tour.

Robbo-Jambo

OMD at Usher Hall next Wednesday.

Paul Weller at the Alhambra, Dunfermline in April.

milky_26
12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I hear you Micole and don't disagree with what you say/hos you feel. I think we have very similar music tastes. 

I've only seen them once at Hampden last time round. Was a great experience but it's last chance saloon despite the completely changed line up.

Big part of me will kick myself black and blue if I don't go to their final tour.

i'm of a similar mind, i decided not to get tickets to their last tour when axl rose was brought in to replace brian johnson. i'm gutted i didnt go to that tour. i am hoping it is as enjoyable as the black ice tour in 2009 which is the only time i have seen them

13 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yup I get that, just not for me . As I said I have many great memories of going to see them  in their prime both with Bon and Brian in fact the last gig was Hampden 2009, so glad I got to see them before Malc got really ill. Still I hope you enjoy it and remember "Rock oot" 

Edited by micole

On 23/02/2024 at 12:23, milky_26 said:

If you have not saw Alice Cooper before you are in for a treat, I have been to a few of his shows and they never dissapoint, the complete showman and fabulous live. Quite jealous about the Heart gig always liked their music. Will check out the gigs and maybe try and get to one.

milky_26
14 minutes ago, micole said:

If you have not saw Alice Cooper before you are in for a treat, I have been to a few of his shows and they never dissapoint, the complete showman and fabulous live. Quite jealous about the Heart gig always liked their music. Will check out the gigs and maybe try and get to one.

first time seeing alice cooper and i think it is the gig i am most looking forward to this year. i expect primal scream on support will be very good as well

Doctor FinnBarr

Cathy May Coulter at the Haddy Tap (Winton brewery) tonight. 

Shameless plug for my daughter. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Cathy May Coulter at the Haddy Tap (Winton brewery) tonight. 

Shameless plug for my daughter. 

👍

On 01/03/2024 at 12:13, frankblack said:

Last time I saw them at Kelvingrove Bandstand they were disappointing.

They aborted two songs when Jim Reid took a strop at the band for messing something up that nobody noticed in the audience.  Set wasn't very long either.

Seen them twice at the Glasgow ABC before it burnt down and they were absolutely incredible, brilliant, amazing, one of the best live acts I ever seen.

First time I thought it was because I was overawed, being too young to see them live when they were in their prime but second time they were even better. 

Damage and Joy is an excellent album and more than I expected of them at this stage of their career but still trying to lower my expectations for the new album, just in case 

On 01/03/2024 at 21:38, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Silversun Pickups tonight at Kalamazoo State Theatre. Anyone else on here going?

Seen them years ago at Meadowbank supporting Foo Fighters, they were the warmup act before Nine Inch Nails but they were absolutely brilliant and I became a big fan, Lazy Eye is such a brilliant track

Edited by Bozi

Kalamazoo Jambo
21 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Seen them years ago at Meadowbank supporting Foo Fighters, they were the warmup act before Nine Inch Nails but they were absolutely brilliant and I became a big fan, Lazy Eye is such a brilliant track

Yeah, they closed with Lazy Eye and it was epic! Great gig.

the original dalry llama
On 01/03/2024 at 21:08, Tazio said:

Boss and honourable are rarely used in the same sentence. Great gig though. If you ever get the chance to see them go for it. 

A quick look at my gig history tells me I saw Mersault back in 2017 (supporting Lift to Experience) at Summerhall and Faith Elliot at the last VoxBox Hogmanay bash.

the original dalry llama

I've got Lande Hekt (for the second time in three days) at Leith Depot tonight. 

fbjambo

OMD were phenomenal at the Usher Hall last night (110 years since it opened as well) - it was great to see them again 

weegranty

Going to see OMD in Newcastle on Saturday.

Costanza

Bloody work caused me to miss Everything Everything at the Caves last night. My mate said they were great 

:seething:

On 02/03/2024 at 23:43, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yeah, they closed with Lazy Eye and it was epic! Great gig.

That night was very strange, some of the NiN fans were..... interesting....

See the Bonnevilles again last night, bloody outstanding as always, such a good live act 

the original dalry llama

Tonight's entertainment - Amateur Cult and Dragged Up last played together in Edinburgh at Leith Depot in September last year. It was one of my top ten gigs of 2023.  

431479828_743808991186619_4422027592265253873_n.jpg

fbjambo
19 hours ago, weegranty said:

Going to see OMD in Newcastle on Saturday.

They were great in Edinburgh on Wednesday - wish I was going again 

gordiegords

Just got tickets for cigarettes after sex for London in Nov.

Also going to The smile, slipknot and sepultura this year, gonna be a good one!

the original dalry llama

It's only March and that was possibly gig of the year last night. 

ac1.jpg

du1.jpg

the original dalry llama

Tonight's entertainment comes courtesy of San Franciscan indiepoppers The Umbrellas at Cafe Mono.  

umbrellas.png

On 07/03/2024 at 20:31, fbjambo said:

OMD were phenomenal at the Usher Hall last night (110 years since it opened as well) - it was great to see them again 

I don't think I've seen a band get the appreciation from a crowd as much as at OMD gigs. They were really good, possibly the Architecture & Morality gig topped it but not by much. 

The new album is excellent, the new songs slotted in well for the most part especially Anthropocene and Bahaus Staircase. Hints it could be their last, I hope not.

OMD.jpg

the original dalry llama

The Umbrellas at Cafe Mono last night - think C86 crossed with the Byrds and a wee dash of the Velvet Underground. The last song was a cover of MBV's 'Drive It All Over Me'.

Umbrellas.jpg

Edited by the original dalry llama

Henry. Henry.

Happy Mondays/Stereo MCs/Inspiral Carpets  on Thursday at the Barras 

BC Camplight on Saturday in Kendal 

Uriah Heep, Saxon and Judas Preist last night at the Hydro, all 3 bands were excellent