Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

the original dalry llama
2 hours ago, tedarmy said:

It was a great day. Sham even played 50 minutes:thumbsup:.

didn't like ferocious dug. Theatre of hate were superb.

I preferred the abc as well but the Academy is OK.

I saw FD supporting the Wildhearts a few years ago - I wasn't keen on them either. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

tedarmy
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

How were they?

excellent :thumbsup::drummer:

the new songs  sounded great live

Dawnrazor
7 hours ago, tedarmy said:

excellent :thumbsup::drummer:

the new songs  sounded great live

We were planning the Leeds gig but just got so much on just now, sadly.

the original dalry llama

The next few nights are a bit busy. Wide Days starts tonight and there are three days of showcase gigs at various venues round about the Cowgate. I've also got Fat White Family doing their live instore at Assai Records early Thursday evening. Stag & Dagger is always a highlight of the Edinburgh gig year; I might do Glasgow on Sunday too.

S&D.png

JudyJudyJudy

I’m going to see Dionne Warwick next  Tuesday . 

Evanauskas

Los Coyote Men & Bucky Rage at Leith Depot on Friday 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Belle and Sebastian in Kalamazoo on Monday :thumbsup:

jimbojambo

I can't wait to see the legendary Dionne Warwick at the Usher Hall on Tuesday. Incredible that it's not sold out yet as one of probably one of the last ever chances to see one of the the true greats 

periodictabledancer
On 10/05/2023 at 00:43, Ulysses said:

The weather this afternoon and evening was awful, right up until about 15 minutes before the band came on stage.  Then the skies cleared completely.

A really good gig, although some of the quieter moments were let down just a wee bit by the sound quality in the RDS.  Despite that, Last Man Standing and I'll See You In My Dreams were very poignant moments.  Other highlights of the night for me were Death To My Hometown, Nightshift, Trapped, Johnny 99 and Wrecking Ball.

Springsteen really is some man for one man.  Three hours on stage without a break (the band got a break, but he didn't), and he covered every square inch of the stage with a really energetic performance.  And the band are sensational musicians, absolutely sensational.

Bruce Springsteen Concert Setlist at RDS Arena, Dublin on May 9, 2023 | setlist.fm

Saw him in Cardiff last night. Pishing rain, roof closed,  lights out and he was  terrific in front of a great crowd. Anyone seeing this leg of the tour will hear a better, bouncier experience IMO. I saw him twice last year and it all  seemed a bit tired / formulaic after two back to back events. Did his usual three hours of course , so he's still good value. Seeing him in an indoor arena in front of 60,000 is some experience. 

Probably my last though. 

On 04/05/2024 at 08:53, jimbojambo said:

I can't wait to see the legendary Dionne Warwick at the Usher Hall on Tuesday. Incredible that it's not sold out yet as one of probably one of the last ever chances to see one of the the true greats 

I’m going too.  Yes I’m amazed it’s not sold out . Some people have no class ! 

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Perhaps they heard you were going and decided to walk on by.

On 07/05/2024 at 09:14, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dionne was interviewed for around 90 minutes and she's a principled, inspiring, sassy lady who has led an incredible life. She sang for around 30 minutes and talk about topical when she led the audience in a chorus of What the world needs now is love. She said on her first visit to Edinburgh she got off the tour bus on the wrong side and was almost killed by one of the original trams or streetcar as she called it. Glad she survived and came back to say goodbye after original tour called off for illness 3 years ago. A brilliant gig. 

Edited by jimbojambo

50 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Dionne was interviewed for around 90 minutes and she's a principled, inspiring, sassy lady who has led an incredible life. She sang for around 30 minutes and talk about topical when she led the audience in a chorus of What the world needs now is love. She said on her first visit to Edinburgh she got off the tour bus on the wrong side and was almost killed by one of the original trams or streetcar as she called it. Glad she survived and came back to say goodbye after original tour called off for illness 3 years ago. A brilliant gig. 

Yes it was a good night . I enjoyed it , I didn’t know she was friends with one of my fave icons Dietrich . I loved her imitation of her !! She looked fantastic for 83 and her voice was in good shape . Her son’s singing voice was amazing too . I didn’t know she was so heavily involved in aids activism too . Thank you Dionne 

IMG_6009.gif

Went to see the Scottish Sex Pistols at Sneeky Pete’s on Sunday. Different but not bad…

One of the guitarist - ex Del Amitri (I think) was excellent 

the original dalry llama

It’s a busy weekend for gigs. I’m off to Glasgow straight after the game for tonight’s sold out Camera Obscura at Barrowlands, probably my most anticipated gig of the year.

It’s back through to the Weege tomorrow for Curdle / Fistymuffs / Marigold at Bloc+ in the afternoon followed by  Hurray For The Riff Raff at SWG3 in the evening.

14 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

It’s a busy weekend for gigs. I’m off to Glasgow straight after the game for tonight’s sold out Camera Obscura at Barrowlands, probably my most anticipated gig of the year.

It’s back through to the Weege tomorrow for Curdle / Fistymuffs / Marigold at Bloc+ in the afternoon followed by  Hurray For The Riff Raff at SWG3 in the evening.

Camera Obscura are ace. I always find out about gigs months too late 🙄