Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

How long does it take for ticketmaster take to email you your tickets. I ordered tickets a few months ago for Depeche Mode at O2 in London but have not been emailed them. All I get is "tickets will be emailed when they become available " I've still got time just figured with the gig being in January I'd have them by now ?🤷‍♂️

Edited by Marvin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

The new West End
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Really good.  It was just him and Steve Nieve.  Costello sang and played about six different guitars, while Steve played piano and keyboards - brilliantly, what a musician.  Costello's singing was rough for the first couple of songs until he settled into it, but after that it was great.

Highlights?  Veronica, She, Shipbuilding, (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding.

Saw the 2 of them at Glasgow Concert Hall back in the day.

Amazing show but did get a bit samey!  The wife actually dropped off briefly.

Did you ever hear / buy the box they did for US radio stations?

Placid Casual
On 04/09/2023 at 15:05, neilnunb said:

I see Slowdive are playing the Liquid Rooms in February next year 😎

Also playing Glasgow.

Tickets on sale this week.

Tickets bought. Think I’ll try and get one for Glasgow in October too.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

How long does it take for ticketmaster take to email you your tickets. I ordered tickets a few months ago for Depeche Mode at O2 in London but have not been emailed them. All I get is "tickets will be emailed when they become available " I've still got time just figured with the gig being in January I'd have them by now ?🤷‍♂️

My experience is they only release the tickets a couple of months before the gig. One thing to be aware of Ticketmaster now mainly do loading of the tickets to their app. 

Wishbone Ash at the Queen's Hall next weekend.

King King in Glenrothes (!?!) In November. They're also at the Liquid Rooms, catch them if you can.

On 15/08/2023 at 23:06, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m thinking of going to New Order in October but I don’t know if it’s worth it without Peter Hook. 

Noticed that. Saw them at Usher Hall a few years ago. Were good but Hook is a miss.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

My experience is they only release the tickets a couple of months before the gig. One thing to be aware of Ticketmaster now mainly do loading of the tickets to their app. 

I have the app, so that's fine. Cheers milky 👍

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I have the app, so that's fine. Cheers milky 👍

My son bought tickets for the Killers for me. Bought in April, the tickets were sent to him only a couple of weeks before the gig this month. He then transferred them to my Ticketmaster app.

Your having the app is good, because you can’t screenshot them.

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Booked tickets for Glasgow and like yourself not got nothing but will panic if nothing happens come December 

9 minutes ago, theshed said:

Booked tickets for Glasgow and like yourself not got nothing but will panic if nothing happens come December 

Pretty sure you'll need to use the app to get in.  If you paid extra for special collectors tickets then expect them to arrive within 2 weeks of gig.

Not sure if collectors tickets will get you in as you might still need app.

Edited by frankblack

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Noticed that. Saw them at Usher Hall a few years ago. Were good but Hook is a miss.

Thought about going to see Depeche Mode as well. Only tickets left start at £190. No chance. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Thought about going to see Depeche Mode as well. Only tickets left start at £190. No chance. 

Noticed that NO tickets are £85, and that before PirateMaster fleeces another few quid off you for various 'fees'. Will give it a miss at that price.

1 hour ago, tedarmy said:

in edinburgh tomorrow night

371895414_711189444152549_7556443014537158955_n.jpg

Not heard of them. Notice that auld stalwarts the Subhumans are playing in December, I think.

31 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

31 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Will they not come down in price if they don’t sell? 

I was wanting to see them at twickenham a couple of months back but they wanted over £200 for a ticket away at the back so I didn’t bother 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

I was wanting to see them at twickenham a couple of months back but they wanted over £200 for a ticket away at the back so I didn’t bother 

There will be resale tickets on Ticketmaster in the days before it when some people genuinely cannot attend because of a change in personal circumstances etc.  Those may be face value or less.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Paid £110 x 2 for mine. Only premium and VIP tickets which were £550 each left.

My mate got the DM tickets for £100 standing but seated then were 200 which is mental.

It's scandalous that sections don't have a set price that is stuck to. There really should be a law against a lot of this dynamic pricing nonsense.

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

My son bought tickets for the Killers for me. Bought in April, the tickets were sent to him only a couple of weeks before the gig this month. He then transferred them to my Ticketmaster app.

Your having the app is good, because you can’t screenshot them.

they updated the app so that once you get the tickets on it you can add them to your apple or android wallet on your phone as my first experience of the ticketmaster app you needed an internet connection and with me having standing tickets if i went to the toilet i had to get my ticket scanned going out and then when i came back in. as you can imagine the mobile network coverage was not great and caused lots of people issues

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Paid £110 x 2 for mine. Only premium and VIP tickets which were £550 each left.

Still showing tickets for £196.

Absolute joke ticket prices. Prob looking at best part of £400 for a day out when travel, food & drink are included. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, theshed said:

Who knows. For Springsteen at Murrayfield about 2 or 3 days before the gig they released a few hundred tickets - f&ck knows why they waited so long to release them. 

18 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Not heard of them. Notice that auld stalwarts the Subhumans are playing in December, I think.

aye, 3rd of december

22 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Wishbone Ash at the Queen's Hall next weekend.

King King in Glenrothes (!?!) In November. They're also at the Liquid Rooms, catch them if you can.

King King are fantastic.

On 08/09/2023 at 08:05, Marvin said:

I bought tickets for The Who at Edinburgh Castle in February and only got them emailed a week before the gig in July so wouldn't worry too much mate.

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I bought tickets for The Who at Edinburgh Castle in February and only got them emailed a week before the gig in July so wouldn't worry too much mate.

I guess its to stop touts flogging sold out tickets months in advance but these viagogo type sites are just legalised touts, it really pisses me off

Doctor FinnBarr
9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It was the same with my Levellers tickets in July.

the original dalry llama

This week’s gigs:
Today - Television Personalities at Bannermans
Monday - Dexys at the Royal Concert Hall
Wednesday - The Big Moon at PJ Molloys
Friday - System Exclusive at Sneaky's
Saturday - Dragged Up at Leith Depot

On 08/09/2023 at 21:18, Costanza said:

My mate got the DM tickets for £100 standing but seated then were 200 which is mental.

It's scandalous that sections don't have a set price that is stuck to. There really should be a law against a lot of this dynamic pricing nonsense.

Think it is similar for New Order there too.  One of my mates has a medical condition and can't do standing so we had to book seats.

On 08/09/2023 at 08:05, Marvin said:

You might not get them until a week or two before the gig. 

The new West End
9 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

This week’s gigs:
Today - Television Personalities at Bannermans
Monday - Dexys at the Royal Concert Hall
Wednesday - The Big Moon at PJ Molloys
Friday - System Exclusive at Sneaky's
Saturday - Dragged Up at Leith Depot

Shit missed that TVP gig 

How was it?

the original dalry llama
16 hours ago, The new West End said:

Shit missed that TVP gig 

How was it?

It was decent but I wasn't feeling great and bailed out before the. According to this, they played for 2 hours and 25 minutes! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/television-personalities/2023/bannermans-edinburgh-scotland-7ba23200.html

Edited by the original dalry llama

The new West End
6 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

It was decent but I wasn't feeling great and bailed out before the. According to this, they played for 2 hours and 25 minutes! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/television-personalities/2023/bannermans-edinburgh-scotland-7ba23200.html

Not like you .. hope you are feeling better pal

That thing you do

The wife is down to under 2 weeks until Depish Mode hurt my ears in the name of love.

80 000 tickets sold though so should be epic....for her.

Can't wait until I drag her to Metallica at the same venue in 2024. That's a band 

the original dalry llama
20 hours ago, The new West End said:

Not like you .. hope you are feeling better pal

I am thanks - I was back on form for last night's Dexys gig. 

374536199_10159746848592399_5608455927717084937_n.jpg

18 hours ago, That thing you do said:

The wife is down to under 2 weeks until Depish Mode hurt my ears in the name of love.

80 000 tickets sold though so should be epic....for her.

Can't wait until I drag her to Metallica at the same venue in 2024. That's a band 

Where about is this? 

80,000 is some going 

That thing you do

Where about is this? 

80,000 is some going 

Where about is this? 

80,000 is some going 

Mexico City

20 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Mexico City

The amount of tickets Depeche Mode are selling on this tour is insane.

Never Let Me Down Again will be epic in a Mexican crowd there.

Saw Ash do an acoustic set of around 8 tracks, promoting new album, finishing with Kung Fu and Girl From Mars.

They had a Q&A with Jim Gellantly and then did a signing session.  Assai Records, Grindlay St.

Excellent stuff.

the original dalry llama

This week’s gigs:
Wednesday - Mick Harvey at Café Mono
Thursday – Quitter / The Chunks / Shambolica at Banshee Labyrinth
Saturday - Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs / Bonnacons of Doom / Lambrini Girls at QMU (pretty much only to see Lambrini Girls)
Sunday - UK Subs at La Belle Angele

Edited by the original dalry llama