The rise and fall of The SNP.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

It obviously is a reason!

What's changed from 2014? Brexit for one!

It would be a completely new referendum, the question could be diffirent, there could be other options put forward, both Yes and No might want things worded or done differently. 

The 2014 ref' is done and dusted.

Your last question is just shite.

I've yet to hear you shout for a vote in the Holyrood elections in 2021, surely that would affect your family up here?

Did you forget about that?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I've yet to hear you shout for a vote in the Holyrood elections in 2021, surely that would affect your family up here?

Did you forget about that?

You know that's different, come on!

Edited by Dawnrazor

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Explain the difference.

I shouldn't really have to, I'm sure you can work that one out for yourself! 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I shouldn't really have to, I'm sure you can work that one out for yourself! 

I went on holiday to Key West and Miami once, 3 weeks, I would love to live there and I promised I would back then.

Ploughed a few Yanks too.

Can I get vote in the upcoming Presidential Elections?

Edited by Space Mackerel

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I went on holiday to Key West and Miami once, 3 weeks, I would love to live there and I promised I would back then.

You really are just talking shite now.

Willie Hamilton genius
26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

What a charmer

And a fantasist 

Its went from “We wont ALLOW them a vote” to “Maybe we should look at the voting rules”.

Some serious arse prolapses happening with the morris dancing supporters.

Scottish Indy is NEVER going away until its achieved. Quicker they understand that and surrender to it the better their bowels will be in the long term.

Edited by Pans Jambo

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The inevitable self-destruction of @TheSNP is being played out for us all to see. 

There is almost no chance this current wave of energy is going to be enough for Scotland to leave the UK. 

Personally, I think your best bet is the destruction of @TheSNP, in about 40 years time, if @theSNP still commands the minority, it won't happen then, either

😂😂😂 Give it up man 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You might be one of these people, that are so rooted in your own destiny, that you will never accept reality.

The history of Scotland, and Scottish people are filled with examples of this.

hopefully , your life is ok, and your angle is, just a load of bullcrap. 

You might be one of those people who has an imaginary friend 😂

Edited by Pans Jambo

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi @Pans Jambo, I have been mocked and abused for more than five years, by you and people that think like you. 

I am immune now. 

So tuck in with the shan crap.

At the end of the day, it won't have helped you. IMO

Im not “abusing” you. Take it easy. No need to be so touchy. I’m out.

Space Mackerel
35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its went from “We wont ALLOW them a vote” to “Maybe we should look at the voting rules”.

Scottish Indy is NEVER going away until its achieved. Quicker they understand that and surrender to it the better their bowels will be in the long term.

Tough yin...

16 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

One of the only things I can guarantee, is that you will never cease chipping away at me. 

Never cease chipping away at anyone who endorses the UK shitshow. Youre not being singled out I can assure you!!!

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Tough yin...

That screech is how I read some of the more rabid unionist posts on here. 

13 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The 'UK s£itshow', is the thing that has given you nearly everything you and your family have got. 

I was just looking at this comic. Life's full of funny coincidences.

image.png.b15cbd8a42a22b3b19ba735908ff6c1a.png

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

You, are quite clearly the most intelligent person on this website. 

What would be really intelligent would be to quit obsessing about the SNP and independence to the point you project pure fantasy as a defence mechanism. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

:rudiyas:

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

The 'UK s£itshow', is the thing that has given you nearly everything you and your family have got. 

Has it really? How would you know sitting in yer maws basement!

Space Mackerel
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I have been in full time employment since I was 16. Probably before if you count paper rounds.

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I have been in full time employment since I was 16. Probably before if you count paper rounds.

As have I. Over a third of a century paying taxes and NEVER claimed any unemployment or housing benefits. Wonder if the "UK Shitshow" will have enough in its debt laden coffers to pay a pension when the time comes...Nah, It'll be an Independent Scotland that'll be paying me my pension and I will be able to actually live off it!

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

As have I. Over a third of a century paying taxes and NEVER claimed any unemployment or housing benefits. Wonder if the "UK Shitshow" will have enough in its debt laden coffers to pay a pension when the time comes...Nah, It'll be an Independent Scotland that'll be paying me my pension and I will be able to actually live off it!

Talking of pensions, let me did out a couple of vids from a Parliamentary Select Committee 

Scotland spent £15.1bn more on public services than it raised in taxes last year, according to Scottish government statistics.

This public spending deficit was £2bn higher than the previous year, and represented 8.6% of the country's GDP.

The figures cover the financial year to 5 April 2020, so do not reflect the full impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The deficit for the UK as a whole rose from 1.9% of its GDP to 2.5% for the same period.

The statistics also estimated that Scotland raised £308 less per person than the UK average in taxation, while public spending was £1,663 per person higher in Scotland.

The report estimated that a total of £81bn was spent by the public sector in Scotland last year - about £2.5bn more than the previous year.

Meanwhile total revenues were put at £65.9bn, which was an increase of 0.7% and the highest on record.

But revenues from the North Sea oil and gas industry dropped by £642m to £724m, which the report said reflected a fall in the oil price towards the end of the year.

North Sea tax receipts brought in about £11bn a decade ago.

The report says that its figures include the "initial impacts" of the coronavirus pandemic - but warns that the impact will be greater next year.

go on the GERS, Scotland robbing the English, next year will be even better, with covid, we'll be stealing even more

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

Scotland spent £15.1bn more on public services than it raised in taxes last year, according to Scottish government statistics.

This public spending deficit was £2bn higher than the previous year, and represented 8.6% of the country's GDP.

The figures cover the financial year to 5 April 2020, so do not reflect the full impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The deficit for the UK as a whole rose from 1.9% of its GDP to 2.5% for the same period.

The statistics also estimated that Scotland raised £308 less per person than the UK average in taxation, while public spending was £1,663 per person higher in Scotland.

The report estimated that a total of £81bn was spent by the public sector in Scotland last year - about £2.5bn more than the previous year.

Meanwhile total revenues were put at £65.9bn, which was an increase of 0.7% and the highest on record.

But revenues from the North Sea oil and gas industry dropped by £642m to £724m, which the report said reflected a fall in the oil price towards the end of the year.

North Sea tax receipts brought in about £11bn a decade ago.

The report says that its figures include the "initial impacts" of the coronavirus pandemic - but warns that the impact will be greater next year.

go on the GERS, Scotland robbing the English, next year will be even better, with covid, we'll be stealing even more

Were you from India in a previous life?

45 trillion.jpg

2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

while public spending was £1,663 per person higher in Scotland.

On what exactly???

Loadapish.

Scotland's the only country in Europe that has to be supported financially by its neighbour. How does Ireland, Iceland, Belgium etc manage it?

GERS 😆

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Good bit of a debate speech here as well:

Turns out he's made it into a book:

https://www.amazon.com/Inglorious-Empire-What-British-India/dp/1849048088

I've watched that vid pal. He's an excellent speaker.

Meanwhile, some school librarian has ripped Fat Doris and co a new yin. All explained in the comments below.

https://twitter.com/mikercameron/status/1298588763518533632?s=20

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

*inciting incident*

*response*

This is inaccurate, and an obvious attempt at an insult.

This...

and this, missed the point.

I meant a broader and deeper point. Something like, the people who live in Scotland, since 1707, have benefitted from a variety of things that England has benefitted from.

Like free speech, commerce, science, democracy, the free press etc. (And no, I am not ignoring the downsides)

I would never have a pop at someone because they have been on benefits. Unlike you two. 

So is your point that Scots did not enjoy those things prior to joining a union with England?

And your last point has missed the point. You said that the UK shitshow has gave me what my family has. My point was my family has what it has because I bloody work for it and not because brittania handed it to me on a plate!

You wont hear me having a pop at anyone on benefits...if I am unlucky enough I might need them myself one day. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

No. That was not my point. 

Feel free to have a conversation about those issue, it might be interesting. 

Indeed however; not being on nightshift (or a vampire), I need to sleep. 

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

The figures are from the Scottish Govt. are they not?

Scotland doesn't have a debt, the UK Govt dumps it on us.

SNP spend 15bn more than they collect in taxation yet the heather brains think they can keep the same spend in an IScotland. Methinks the fiscal deficit doubles or trebles with an English customs border and Euro switch. Maybe Sturgeon thinks Frau Merkel will step up and pay for the free colleges and prescriptions etc... eh naw hen.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

SNP spend 15bn more than they collect in taxation yet the heather brains think they can keep the same spend in an IScotland. Methinks the fiscal deficit doubles or trebles with an English customs border and Euro switch. Maybe Sturgeon thinks Frau Merkel will step up and pay for the free colleges and prescriptions etc... eh naw hen.

Imagine the SNP had ran up a £2 TRILLION plus debt, what would you be saying then?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

😀

See when you were growing up, did your old man or mum make you liable for the mortgage they took out and their credit cards etc? 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine the SNP had ran up a £2 TRILLION plus debt, what would you be saying then?

They are running up that debt by collecting 15bn more than they collect in tax each year. Where do you think that money comes from? It is subsidy from England that pays your freebies and inflated public expenditure vs England.  Btw a chunk of that 2tr will need to be serviced by SNP in an IScotland. That's a couple of billion a year in interest payments right off the bat.

Space Mackerel
Just now, JackLadd said:

They are running up that debt by collecting 15bn more than they collect in tax each year. Where do you think that money comes from? It is subsidy from England that pays your freebies and inflated public expenditure vs England.  Btw a chunk of that 2tr will need to be serviced by SNP in an IScotland. That's a couple of billion a year in interest payments right off the bat.

But, but, but, the Block Grant has to be balanced.

Who is borrowing the money?

AlphonseCapone

Scotland doesn't have full control over the money it raises, sends to WM or what it gets back. Scotland wouldn't be contributing money towards trident or have the same level of contribution to a military as it does as part of the UK. Infrastructure projects wouldn't cost the same due to the size difference so the Scottish taxpayers contribution to projects like HS2 is inflated. 

Anyone that thinks the figures for Scotland as part of the UK without full fiscal control are the same as an independent Scotland with full fiscal autonomy is quite frankly economically illiterate. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

But, but, but, the Block Grant has to be balanced.

Who is borrowing the money?

How is Sturgeon going to borrow money in start up Scotland? What can she borrow against and via what central bank? Won't be current oil revenues or via the BOE. What interest rate does she think she will be able to issue her tartan bonds at and what rating will be applied to them? IScotland isn't fiscally sustainable unless poverty and hardship is acceptable. Fact.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Scotland doesn't have full control over the money it raises, sends to WM or what it gets back. Scotland wouldn't be contributing money towards trident or have the same level of contribution to a military as it does as part of the UK. Infrastructure projects wouldn't cost the same due to the size difference so the Scottish taxpayers contribution to projects like HS2 is inflated. 

Anyone that thinks the figures for Scotland as part of the UK without full fiscal control are the same as an independent Scotland with full fiscal autonomy is quite frankly economically illiterate. 

Scotland was appropriated I think £3.4 BILIION to UK defence spending, meanwhile...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/state-s-defence-budget-to-exceed-1bn-in-2020-1.4043884

Do you think JackLadd can do the mafs?

Space Mackerel
Just now, JackLadd said:

How is Sturgeon going to borrow money in start up Scotland? What can she borrow against and via what central bank? Won't be current oil revenues or via the BOE. What interest rate does she think she will be able to issue her tartan bonds at and what rating will be applied to them? IScotland isn't fiscally sustainable unless poverty and hardship is acceptable. Fact.

New Currency.jpg