The rise and fall of The SNP.

Space Mackerel
46 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

In Sundays episode of things that didn't happen.......

How you think it's at 55%?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

WoolfordsHearts
4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Afternoon guys and girls.

Was speaking to an old school friend and her ENGLISH husband last night. Both have swapped from nawbags to a Yes now. 😊

You knew this bombshell news last night and are only telling us this today!!

5 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Afternoon guys and girls.

Was speaking to an old school friend and her ENGLISH husband last night. Both have swapped from nawbags to a Yes now. 😊

55.00000037% :smug:

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

You knew this bombshell news last night and are only telling us this today!!

We were bevying till 4am in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

As an #ActuallyAutistic person, I thought we were friends/friendly. After you messaged me years ago, and we spoke, over years. 

Now you are like this to me.

Poor, innocent Zlatan brings absolutely no static on himself. You're just super extra mean, Jack

9 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Would the separatists accept regional referenda? E .g.  those that vote for independence form a new independent Scotland and those that don't stay in the UK.

We should just shoot the 25% of treacherous Brits born from the glory of Scotland, who voted Naw. One shot to the head and sell their black pudding to their overlords. Bodies thrown to the pigs. That's if pigs eat pigs. Do they? 

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

As an #ActuallyAutistic person, I thought we were friends/friendly. After you messaged me years ago, and we spoke, over years. 

Now you are like this to me. 

Being on the spectrum doesn't make you immune to being called out for acting a twat. 

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

In Sundays episode of things that didn't happen.......

:D

25 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Being on the spectrum doesn't make you immune to being called out for acting a twat. 

It doesn't but it does go a way to explaining the often erratic posting style and choice of language. 

For that I'd cut Zlat' a bit of slack. 

Is it what he said or how he said it that's really rustling folks Jimmies? 

A few of the comments directed at him have been pretty mean all things considered and some folk should maybe pause for a wee look at themselves. 

I say this as a total ****ing hypocrite. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It doesn't but it does go a way to explaining the often erratic posting style and choice of language. 

A few of the comments directed at him have been pretty mean all things considered and some folk should maybe pause for a wee look at themselves. 

Oh, it's completely understandable why folk on the spectrum can come across as a bit dickish and I bear no grudges when they do. 

That doesn't mean that you can't point out that their behaviour is out of order and needs addressed. 

Governor Tarkin
59 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

That doesn't mean that you can't point out that their behaviour is out of order and needs addressed. 

I don't think he was particularly out of order tbh. If that's how he feels then that's how he feels. He won't be alone. 

Although expressed differently our resident American's posts often yield a similar critique of his own country, yet nobody bats an eyelid. Plenty of posters on this thread express the same contempt for the UK that zlat's post displays for Scotland and it's almost roundly encouraged. 

The nationalist debate and the general to-and-fro that surrounds it displays so many double standards on all sides that objectivity gets totally bogged down. I think that this can make it difficult for some that are undecided to draw any solid conclusions one way or the other. 

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Poor, innocent Zlatan brings absolutely no static on himself. You're just super extra mean, Jack

I’m not mean and I was hungover when I replied so I guess I shouldn’t have called him a goon. Apologies for that I suppose. He said one of my posts was “super double dumb/stupid” or something, then tagged me in a reply to someone else saying not to bother engaging with me as I’m a wind up and then tries to go for the poor me angle after I had a pop back. 
People are entitled to their opinion but if you’re going to bang on about this absolutely relentlessly you’re bound to get into a bit of a rammy somehere. We’ve all been called out for double standards or silly posts. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I replied to his post as I read it. 

How was I or anyone else to know what was going on in his private life. 

doctor jambo
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This threads a bit mental, 

Good post and, I’ll regret this, but I don’t think Scotland is a particularly great country. Don’t think it’s a shit country by any means  but don’t think it’s the ‘bestest’ place to live in the world. 

My main gripe is the climate, I find it pretty grim to be honest. All it does is rain, even in the ****ing summer and it limits your life in many ways. Plus when winters comes the constant darkness is just ****ing shit.

Personally find the infrastructure of this country awful from transport right through to broadband connectivity. Whilst outside the a few cities and areas a large amount of this country is just ugly as. 

Ita a bit of a lazy generalisation but in general , Scots can be a bit dour, negative and chip out shoulder centric. Now that’s obviously not true of everyone and people are individuals but we have those personality traits in greater amounts. 

Kilts, as your national dress is just ducking awful as well. 

Scottish politics and the binary nature little focus on improvement or collective working but little more than name calling.  Politics are incredibly immature imo. 

There is a lot that is good about Scotland but I’ll be honest if it wasn’t for my kids and their schooling/stability. I would be living somewhere else for the climate alone. When my kids finish school, I will be very likely to start splitting time between here and somewhere where there climate is much more to my liking. 

I agree with most of that.

however I love the kilt.

Whisky sorts the long nights and the rain , so the country has solved its own climate issues.

The politics thing is very divisive.

Its very "american" in its nature- voters refusing point blank to think.

I have voted Conservative, SNP and Labour at various times.

There is almost a slavish devotion to a single party, with the old Labour voters switching en masse to SNP now and relentlessly following them now,, in the way they used to mindlessly vote for labour.

I am happy to vote for policy, not rosette.

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I replied to his post as I read it. 

How was I or anyone else to know what was going on in his private life. 

Oh absolutely bud, I wasn't having too much of a go at anyone in particular. There was a big thread on autism a wee while ago but I guess a lot of folk will have skimmed past it.

That's the thing with message boards and the social internet in general. Nobody really knows what anyone else is going through on the other side of a keyboard or smartphone. A bit of slack is a good thing now and then. 

Again I say that as a total ****ing hypocrite.

6 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

:spoton:

Actively trying to use it as some sort of validation or shield is doubly ridiculous.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not mean and I was hungover when I replied so I guess I shouldn’t have called him a goon. Apologies for that I suppose. He said one of my posts was “super double dumb/stupid” or something, then tagged me in a reply to someone else saying not to bother engaging with me as I’m a wind up and then tries to go for the poor me angle after I had a pop back.

Your "goon" remark was very mild in comparison to stuff he'd slung at you within the previous hour alone. Such a victim, he should change his name to ZlaTimable.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Such a victim, he should change his name to ZlaTimable.

:sadrobbo:

Not bad.

Zlatanable wouldn't know Austism if it hit him in the face. My nephew is autistic, not on the spectrum. The Real fecking deal. So if you don't mind. Feck up! 

So Tories promising stuff that will need to be funded by Holyrood rather than Westminster and can only be funded in reality by significant Scottish tax hikes that whoever is in power will never risk as they will be compared to what levels are in rUK.

It's as if they know that they will never be in power to have the opportunity to prove the policies will never come to fruition.

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So Tories promising stuff that will need to be funded by Holyrood rather than Westminster and can only be funded in reality by significant Scottish tax hikes that whoever is in power will never risk as they will be compared to what levels are in rUK.

It's as if they know that they will never be in power to have the opportunity to prove the policies will never come to fruition.

Someone should tell DROSS the M8 is pretty much complete.

Daft Heeland fairmer.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Zlatanable wouldn't know Austism if it hit him in the face. My nephew is autistic, not on the spectrum. The Real fecking deal. So if you don't mind. Feck up! 

That's why it's called a spectrum, mate. Comes in various flavours. 

Space Mackerel

Not a peep from the Unionists on here about Ross's absolute howler today :rofl:

Weird.

Never trust a Tory, has it sunk in yet lads?

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's a pretty ****ing shitty thing to say, dude, and totally wide of the mark. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

That's a pretty ****ing shitty thing to say, dude, and totally wide of the mark. 

Norm, what is wide of the mark is the OP's, along with quite a few others, intransigence to the evidence of what is going on in Scottish politics. 

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Norm, what is wide of the mark is the OP's, along with quite a few others, intransigence to the evidence of what is going on in Scottish politics. 

It can be both.

strappingjock

One frequently hears it said that the SNP does not speak for Scotland.  Really?   Then why do Scots keep voting for them?

I forgot. Scotland only believes in Democracy for itself.  Go join the EU if you think it is so good and then try to whine about democracy.  You will then be 1% of the population instead of the 8% of the UK.

Funny thing about democracy is that the majority opinion counts. Scotland needs to remind itself it is a minority ( with an oversized mouth and ego ) and will always be a minority. It just needs to decide how small a minority it wants to be.

Of course complete independence gets Scotland out of the minority business. A bit like the seal pup.  Gets away from mum only to be surrounded by sharks and orcas. 

OUCH

Edited by strappingjock

27 minutes ago, strappingjock said:

One frequently hears it said that the SNP does not speak for Scotland.  Really?   Then why do Scots keep voting for them?

I forgot. Scotland only believes in Democracy for itself.  Go join the EU if you think it is so good and then try to whine about democracy.  You will then be 1% of the population instead of the 8% of the UK.

Funny thing about democracy is that the majority opinion counts. Scotland needs to remind itself it is a minority ( with an oversized mouth and ego ) and will always be a minority. It just needs to decide how small a minority it wants to be.

Of course complete independence gets Scotland out of the minority business. A bit like the seal pup.  Gets away from mum only to be surrounded by sharks and orcas. 

OUCH

I cant really understand why people compare being in the European UNION to the UNION we are in with the UK. I mean, when did the EU ever borrow money on behalf of the UK to spend on things the UK does not want or need and then tell them they owed money back on the interest?

When did the EU dump Nuclear bombs in the UK to be stored outside our largest city and then tell them they had to pay for them?

When did the EU kick-off massive infrastructure projects and tell the UK they had to pay for it?

When did the EU take control of our natural resources?

When did the EU control defence, foreign policy, employment, collection of VAT, Broadcasting, Benefits and Social Security, Pensions, The Constitution, Law, Immigration and Equal Opportunities?

It's really NOT 1% versus 8% at all is it???

5 minutes ago, strappingjock said:

This is the "too small" argument is it not?

We've been in the Eu for nearly 50 years.

Funny thing about the EU is that every member country except ours is massively in favour of its continuation.

We should just suppress our voice and our sense of ourselves if we know what's good for us, eh?

14 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Not a peep from the Unionists on here about Ross's absolute howler today :rofl:

Weird.

Never trust a Tory, has it sunk in yet lads?

Glass houses and stones I think.

Salmond pretty much disgraced himself, you could trust him as long as you were not a female I suppose.

Nicola may well suffer the fall out from all that and if she covered up any of it, she should take a fall as well.

And I suspect that once she leaves power, her marriage of convenience (learned from Salmond) will fall away and she will be shown to have been, at best, dishonest over her personal life the entire time.

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Salmond pretty much disgraced himself, you could trust him as long as you were not a female I suppose.

Nicola may well suffer the fall out from all that and if she covered up any of it, she should take a fall as well.

And I suspect that once she leaves power, her marriage of convenience (learned from Salmond) will fall away and she will be shown to have been, at best, dishonest over her personal life the entire time.

Sounds more like a wish list than reality IMO...

manaliveits105

Nicky’s priority over next year is creating jobs - good looks like Indy shelved as expected which will upset Alex and his old codger nats 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky’s priority over next year is creating jobs - good looks like Indy shelved as expected which will upset Alex and his old codger nats 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not really.

I actually thnk she is a VERY competent politician.

However, whilst BoJo pretty much owns his own personal life, no matter how salubrious, the rumours about her are swirling.

Whether its a smear campaign, or she is getting careless, I dont know

26 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not really.

However, whilst BoJo pretty much owns his own personal life, no matter how salubrious, the rumours about her are swirling.

Always knew she was a dirty wee minx :laugh:

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not really.

Well I’ve made plenty mistakes in my life so I tend not to care about anyone else’s private life as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. But I’m a nosey ***** so if you feel like sharing it🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏼
It’s not the lesbian rumours is it?

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

😴

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well I’ve made plenty mistakes in my life so I tend not to care about anyone else’s private life as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. But I’m a nosey ***** so if you feel like sharing it🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏼
It’s not the lesbian rumours is it?

Aye, Ive made plenty of mistakes too, as the wife constantly reminds me !

But you know, always held my hands up, always admitted it and never been dishonest about things.

I am what I am.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Aye, Ive made plenty of mistakes too, as the wife constantly reminds me !

But you know, always held my hands up, always admitted it and never been dishonest about things.

I am what I am.

:lol: bit of an old dog Doc are we?

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Rumours abound that Fat Doris and Carrie have split. Thats why he's been AWOL.

And Salmond was found Not Guilty, mind?

manaliveits105

Good to see that Ms Murrell is still at it - saying one thing and planning for something else but Boris says NAW  and that means NAW - no happening - shame dat.

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: bit of an old dog Doc are we?

Not at all, her idea of an unforgivable mistake is not taking the bins out, or breathing.....

8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Rumours abound that Fat Doris and Carrie have split. Thats why he's been AWOL.

And Salmond was found Not Guilty, mind?

not guilty by dint of admitting he was a handsy adulterer.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not at all, her idea of an unforgivable mistake is not taking the bins out, or breathing.....

Ah I see...well we’ve all been there brother...😐

Edited by jack D and coke

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

not guilty by dint of admitting he was a handsy adulterer.

Any word on the alleged rapist in the Tory Party and why has his name not been released?

Weird.

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Any word on the alleged rapist in the Tory Party and why has his name not been released?

Weird.

not sure the relevance,

one has been accused,

and the other had enough evidence compiled against him to end up in court, with a number of alleged victims giving that all important corroboration that is required.

Anywhoo, its all whataboutery.

salmond was a cheat and a lech.

He loved a middle aged woman,

master and apprentice