The rise and fall of The SNP.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Boris doesn't have to grant another anytime soon

Surely with the SNP at their weakest, according to the political commentators on here they're in free fall, the time to call a referendum is now.

Boris and the Tories are flying high, the economy booms, Europe is on bended knee offering the trade deals. The time is now. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Surely with the SNP at their weakest, according to the political commentators on here they're in free fall, the time to call a referendum is now.

Boris and the Tories are flying high, the economy booms, Europe is on bended knee offering the trade deals. The time is now. 

I know you're being sarcastic, but I've already admitted that support has risen since the pandemic.

Boris won't agree to another referendum until he is in a stronger position and that will be when the pandemic and Brexit are a distant memory.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I've already admitted that support has risen since the pandemic.

Boris won't agree to another referendum until he is in a stronger position and that will be when the pandemic and Brexit are a distant memory.

Boris is part of the problem. He's an idiot, so a lot of people are thinking we can manage better than having him responsible for our governance. 

We can take our independence and don't need a referendum but the SNP are too soft. 

Why anyone wants to be governed by these people in Westminster is beyond reason. If we don't win independence then Scotland will suffer without doubt. 

Space Mackerel
26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My money is on Boris won’t be around much after Brexit, he will be getting jottered. 

Edited by Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel

Looks like the Alex Salmond programme the other night has been deleted off iPlayer and Kirsty Wark has deleted every tweet about it.

A bit like Trapper J on this chat forum. 😁

Weird. 

Edited by Space Mackerel

8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Looks like the Alex Salmond programme the other night has been deleted off iPlayer and Kirsty Wark has deleted every tweet about it.

Weird. 

Contempt of court?

🤔

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Possibly it just being absolute shite. 😉

Which makes you wonder about the BBC legal team, surely they must have known this was a possibility.

14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Weird. 

In order to restore his reputation Alex is going to war with the SNP. 

Ding ding. 

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ding ding. 

This must be around the 83rd SNP civil war now eh? 

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ding ding. 

Michael Gove on twitter tonight entertaining the idea of a second independence referendum. Ding ding indeed.

1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

Michael Gove on twitter tonight entertaining the idea of a second independence referendum. Ding ding indeed.

Michael Gove and Twitter. What a cluster**** of misinformation. 

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Auld Sniffy must have just tanned a Hollywood? 

23 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

This must be around the 83rd SNP civil war now eh? 

😂. Is there one serious unionist out there? They're like robots, all say the same thing. All got their narrow minded thoughts and self loathing. 

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

😂. Is there one serious unionist out there? They're like robots, all say the same thing. All got their narrow minded thoughts and self loathing. 

Must have been struggling for an individual thought too when he/she thought Des Lynam was a funny moniker for a Hearts forum. 😁

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The irony here is off the scale. This is the problem though on both sides. You can’t say anything against either side because they’re so entrenched. 

Must have been struggling for an individual thought too when he/she thought Des Lynam was a funny moniker for a Hearts forum. 😁

Just a username buddy and like you I didn’t put much thought into it. 

Space.

You do know all your posts do is galvanise those who think being part of the UK is the answer.

It's not a point scoring exercise .

Honestly yer a fekin trumpet.

24 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

And that's as bad as the unionists going krankie etc.

I find the same shit on the Trump thread.

Fekin argue the fundamentals .

There is an argument that's sound economically politically and inba societal sense for independence.

Yet everyone's so entrenched it is tit for tat.

I'm sick of it.

I cant criticise some aspects of society and folk block me for being such and such.

Mostly racist.

So anyone want to explore the validity of independence with out  the above contributions that mean nixy kay.

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Just a username buddy and like you I didn’t put much thought into it. 

Another member on here made up the username for me. True story.

@jack D and coke will confirm. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Space.

You do know all your posts do is galvanise those who think being part of the UK is the answer.

There is an argument that's sound economically politically and inba societal sense for independence.

I'm sick of it.

I cant criticise some aspects of society and folk block me for being such and such.

Mostly racist.

So anyone want to explore the validity of independence with out  the above contributions that mean nixy kay.

It’s only a bit of bantz dude, chill oot. 

It’s only a bit of bantz dude, chill oot. 

No it's not.

You cheapen the case for a serious discussion on independence.

And its fekin nippy.

And fek off with yer dude pish gadge.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, jake said:

No it's not.

You cheapen the case for a serious discussion on independence.

And its fekin nippy.

And fek off with yer dude pish gadge.

what a charming young man 😮

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, jake said:

Space.

I'm sick of it.

Mostly racist.

I always tell him that. He’d turn Salmond staunch the ***** :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Another member on here made up the username for me. True story.

@jack D and coke will confirm. 

Aye rudolfs mate came up with it. 
Was actually in honour or a poster that used to rip yir jimmys that now posts over the road. 

1 hour ago, jake said:

Space.

I'm sick of it.

Mostly racist.

You must be joking. There's no merit in discussing self governance with a unionist. Nearly every country in the world is independent and run their own affairs and make their own decisions, what more merit is required? Why do we have to justify a natural position of making our own political judgements? Scotland and its people are intelligent enough, aren't they? 

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Des Lynam was born in an independent country. May be a subliminal message. 

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is Scotland a colony? If Scotland the SNP on a manifesto of a independence referendum, Boris has to agree. Otherwise it's one partner of voluntary union imprisoning another and that leads to very different conclusions. 

He is the Pm of the United Kingdom, not emperor. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

My money is on Boris won’t be around much after Brexit, he will be getting jottered. 

I don't think it will be as straight forward as that. 

Cummings has arrayed the  'Vote Leave' band in government and you can bet that he'll be focus grouping the living shit out of things whilst Brexit is in play. As soon as it starts to go to rat shit (probably 1st Jan 2021) then he'll start throwing the underlings under the bus. 

Cummings will not allow Brexit to de-rail his paymasters plan for governance and their ability to get to the NHS for the World's biggest ever grift in plain view. 

21 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Weird. 

118003757_327677711756487_6570324638398312628_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=5xKTuyUnBecAX9izy9r&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.fna&oh=8f701adc44c0006b7b024dac98309bfc&oe=5F65DE38

:lol:

manaliveits105

The Times reported on Wednesday that the complainant had asked for no further action to be taken because she feared the consequences; complainers in Salmond’s trial had been subjected to attacks and threats on social media.

She was quoted saying: “Following careful and difficult deliberation, and after having sought advice from experts, I wrote to the police to say I did not feel safe to proceed with a possible trial at that time.

“The scale of the backlash, intimidation, misinformation and threats that followed the trial in Scotland was highly distressing, and created an environment where I did not feel safe to seek a trial.”

Relates to a complaint to the Met dan saf

aye thats the Natsy party for you but Nicky confirmed in parliament today she knew nothing about civil servants being advised no women should be left alone with her mentor .

So if witnesses were being intimidated, how come Police Scotland AND the Metropolitan Police quashed everything and found no case to answer?

:kirk:

Edited by Cade

20 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You must be joking. There's no merit in discussing self governance with a unionist. Nearly every country in the world is independent and run their own affairs and make their own decisions, what more merit is required? Why do we have to justify a natural position of making our own political judgements? Scotland and its people are intelligent enough, aren't they? 

Off course.

And no justifications are needed.

But theres an argument to be won mate.

And it's a sound one.

And retorting with shite doesnt cut it.

Just my opinion.

And apologies to all and you Space.

Weakened Offender
On 19/08/2020 at 19:24, jambogaza said:

I think even the staunchest conservatives realise that's a weak counter argument. It won't hold.

Obviously some of the weakest Conservatives think it's a staunch argument. 😃

On 19/08/2020 at 19:20, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not like the people of Scotland have been denied a referendum, there was one 6 years ago.

Boris doesn't have to grant another anytime soon

It's not anyone's place to grant anything.

If Scottish people vote in enough numbers for a party that advocates independence then that I think is recognised under international law.

To deny that would surely place the UK in the same boat as other regimes around the world who impose their powers against the will of a sovereign nation?

Despite me being a brexiteer its beyond doubt that the Scottish voter was told that voting against independence was a guarentee of EU membership.

And generally I find people are for independence.

On 19/08/2020 at 19:24, jambogaza said:

I think even the staunchest conservatives realise that's a weak counter argument. It won't hold.

I dont get why conservatives are against independence.

I thought standing on your own two feet was something a conservative valued.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

the Natsy party

The funny thing here is you think this patter makes THEM look like arseholes eh?

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jake said:

Off course.

And no justifications are needed.

But theres an argument to be won mate.

And it's a sound one.

And retorting with shite doesnt cut it.

Just my opinion.

And apologies to all and you Space.

Jake, you don't need to apologise ❤️

And I certainly don't need posts deleted at me either because we are all grown adults. 😚

Edited by Space Mackerel

9 hours ago, jake said:

I dont get why conservatives are against independence.

I thought standing on your own two feet was something a conservative valued.

Scottish tories are not Conservative they're Unionist.(it's in the name) Most *conservatives in Scotland wouldn't really bother if Scotland was independent as it gives them new opportunities. 

*small c. 

AlphonseCapone

I expected this thread to be more active considering the exam stuff and the committee hearing about handling of the Salmond affair.

Maybe Yes now being the established position of Scotland is having an effect. 

Ron Burgundy
45 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here is an interesting article I found from 2014, apparently Scotland would have had zero debt to take on.

https://www.ft.com/content/f37babe6-7ba2-11e3-84af-00144feabdc0

image.png.a5180a7ace3e89ab0b04908f3c85f1c0.png

Your transformation from Rangers supporting Union Jack waver in your youth to the snarling separatist is of Bruce / Caitlyn Jenner proportions. :err:

I will give you credit for your dogged blind faith.

That sauce should just about have reduced enough to not be called soup by now.

A few upset folk on here the last day or two...what's the crack?

Is it because the Westminster mob are shitting bricks???

It's OK, just wheel oot Darling and Brown again...that should help yer cause :laugh:

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A few upset folk on here the last day or two...what's the crack?

Is it because the Westminster mob are shitting bricks???

It's OK, just wheel oot Darling and Brown again...that should help yer cause :laugh:

I think Alex Massie has the answer.

https://twitter.com/PhantomPower14/status/1295331491975778312?s=20

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Your transformation from Rangers supporting Union Jack waver in your youth to the snarling separatist is of Bruce / Caitlyn Jenner proportions. :err:

I will give you credit for your dogged blind faith.

That sauce should just about have reduced enough to not be called soup by now.

Mr Burgundy, I thought you would be cock-a-hoop at this news?

19 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I expected this thread to be more active considering the exam stuff and the committee hearing about handling of the Salmond affair.

Maybe Yes now being the established position of Scotland is having an effect. 

In retrospect, we handled the exam stuff better than elsewhere. The deafening silence by the usually wailing unionist banshees is testament to that. Couldn't wait to "put the boot in" so to speak, then found their masters were worse! 

If you watched that chronic Wark doctoredmentary about Salmond then it's probably helped the "yes" cause. It was a hatchet job, worse than amateurish. He was found not guilty of any criminality but they ploughed on with their stupid piece. I can't believe how low the union has become and why some Scots believe these people are on our side. 

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Mr Burgundy, I thought you would be cock-a-hoop at this news?

I really don't care.

The good news though is that any further Indyref would/should allow the near 800,000 Scots who live elsewhere in the UK a chance to vote in it. Seems fair enough to me if foreign nationals get a vote.

Lets find out what all Scots want.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I really don't care.

The good news though is that any further Indyref would/should allow the near 800,000 Scots who live elsewhere in the UK a chance to vote in it. Seems fair enough to me if foreign nationals get a vote.

Lets find out what all Scots want.

So someone who doesn't live here and doesn't pay tax should get a vote because Scotland leaving the UK would make them feel sad for a wee while?

Like Andrew Neil?

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

So someone who doesn't live here and doesn't pay tax should get a vote because Scotland leaving the UK would make them feel sad for a wee while?

Like Andrew Neil?

Ex Pats get a vote in a GE.

Do you not care about all your fellow Scots?