Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Anyone spot the mistake?

Carries Leg.jpg

The shadow cast by her right leg stops after a few inches, probably something to do with being a shapeshifting lizard. Either that or Dominic Cumming's eyesight let him down when he was doing the photoshopping.

Space Mackerel
37 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The shadow cast by her right leg stops after a few inches, probably something to do with being a shapeshifting lizard. Either that or Dominic Cumming's eyesight let him down when he was doing the photoshopping.

Yup, the shadow of her leg just disappears.

Its hard to see expanding referendum eligibility to Scots in the rest of the UK as anything other that a transparent attempt to gerrymander the result. 

By not living in Scotland, you have forgone your right to a vote. Likewise, if you've chosen to make Scotland your home, then you have every right to a vote. 

I'm not sure why this is even being discussed. The timing of this makes it crystal clear what the goal is to be. To me, it says that they don't have confidence in their case for the Union so the avenue they're trying to get down is fiddling with eligibility to what they perceive to be their advantage. 

2014 was the gold standard. Same question, same eligibility. 

If not, why not?

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its hard to see expanding referendum eligibility to Scots in the rest of the UK as anything other that a transparent attempt to gerrymander the result. 

By not living in Scotland, you have forgone your right to a vote. Likewise, if you've chosen to make Scotland your home, then you have every right to a vote. 

I'm not sure why this is even being discussed. The timing of this makes it crystal clear what the goal is to be. To me, it says that they don't have confidence in their case for the Union so the avenue they're trying to get down is fiddling with eligibility to what they perceive to be their advantage. 

If not, why not?

Interesting...

https://twitter.com/Ross_Greer/status/1297952044649795584?s=20

28 minutes ago, OTT said:

If not, why not?

As a Scot living in England I totally agree : only Scottish residents should be eligible (and to be clear , I'm talking about geography not ethnicity). 

14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

As a Scot living in England I totally agree : only Scottish residents should be eligible (and to be clear , I'm talking about geography not ethnicity). 

I disagree, I've chosen to work in England for a while but will move back before too long, all my family and my wife's family are Scottish and live in Scotland, I've a definite interest in Scotland's future. Ex Pat's get to vote, in certain circumstances, in UK elections, why should it be different for the Scottish referendum?

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I disagree, I've chosen to work in England for a while but will move back before too long, all my family and my wife's family are Scottish and live in Scotland, I've a definite interest in Scotland's future. Ex Pat's get to vote, in certain circumstances, in UK elections, why should it be different for the Scottish referendum?

Because not all Scottish people outside Scotland are like you. Many won't come back, why should they get a say? 

Just because the election rules are flawed in this regard, doesn't mean we should apply it to referendums. 

Edited to add I do have massive sympathy with your situation though. It's tough. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Well move back before the referendum. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Well move back before the referendum. 

Can't afford too mate, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Can't afford too mate, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from?

I do, but... 

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I do, but... 

....but....?

I see your side, I just think it's unfair, I was born in Edinburgh, I lived for 35 years in Scotland, my wife was born in Greenock, she lived in Scotland for 36 years, my son was born in Elgin, he, through no fault of his own!, has live for 12 of his 13.5 years in England, we have two properties in Scotland, all our Families live in Scotland, we'll move back when we cn afford to, 10 years hopefully, how can we have no say in our future?

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

....but....?

I see your side, I just think it's unfair, I was born in Edinburgh, I lived for 35 years in Scotland, my wife was born in Greenock, she lived in Scotland for 36 years, my son was born in Elgin, he, through no fault of his own!, has live for 12 of his 13.5 years in England, we have two properties in Scotland, all our Families live in Scotland, we'll move back when we cn afford to, 10 years hopefully, how can we have no say in our future?

I think if you have property you can vote....might be wrong though. 

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

....but....?

Wouldn’t lose any sleep over it there won’t be another referendum in the next 10 years it’s just all piss and wind from the attention seekers 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

how can we have no say in our future?

A question more and more Scots are waking up to. 

12 hours ago, OTT said:

If not, why not?

NAILED IT!

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Wouldn’t lose any sleep over it there won’t be another referendum in the next 10 years it’s just all piss and wind from the attention seekers 

Aye, theres a few "attention seekers" right enough...

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye, theres a few "attention seekers" right enough...

Really worry for that poster when indie comes, the breakdown might cause small tremors. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Really worry for that poster when indie comes, the breakdown might cause small tremors. 

Voted Yes in the last one too he claims :rofl:

Space Mackerel
15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

....but....?

That's a bit of bummer, did you raise this in 2014 so vehemently?

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

And you've been CONSTANTLY saying on here for years on end you were moving back soon. 🤣

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

And you've been CONSTANTLY saying on here for years on end you were moving back soon. 🤣

I saidbI was hoping to move back, and I am, but the finances have to be right, I've said this also, 10 years at the outside fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

On here or in general?

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saidbI was hoping to move back, and I am, but the finances have to be right, I've said this also, 10 years at the outside fingers crossed.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Scottish democracy has to stand still whilst you suss out your finances? If it ever susses?

Should we put this clause in the new Edinburgh Agreement?

"Everyone hud on, Dawnrazor is humming and hawing about it and might be a be skint"

Edited by Space Mackerel

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Scottish democracy has to stand still whilst you suss out your finances? If it ever susses?

FFS!!!!! Are you back on the glue again😅😅

No, Scottish or any other democracy doesn't have to stand still for me or anyone else, where did I say it should?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS!!!!! Are you back on the glue again😅😅

No, Scottish or any other democracy doesn't have to stand still for me or anyone else, where did I say it should?

I've had a couple of slugs of wine, nowt much.

So, you could vote then circumstances or opportunities might arise that could affect your  decisions later?

Meantime, us people in Scotland have to wait, 10 years?

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I've had a couple of slugs of wine, nowt much.

So, you could vote then circumstances or opportunities might arise that could affect your  decisions later?

Meantime, us people in Scotland have to wait, 10 years?

More than a couple of slugs too much!!

"So, you could vote then circumstances or opportunities might arise that could affect your  decisions later"

Yes, but that's the same for everyone is it not?

"Meantime, us people in Scotland have to wait, 10 years?"

Again, no, where did I say they should?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

More than a couple of slugs too much!!

"So, you could vote then circumstances or opportunities might arise that could affect your  decisions later"

Yes, but that's the same for everyone is it not?

"Meantime, us people in Scotland have to wait, 10 years?"

Again, no, where did I say they should?

And you want a free proxy vote on behalf of your family too?

And you want a free proxy vote on behalf of your family too?

I think both my wife and I should have a vote, but I think everyone who is Scottish should have a vote wherever they live, I've explained thus before so I'm not sure what point you're tying to make, unless you're trying to take the piss because I want to get the financial future of my family in order?

Space Mackerel

I think both my wife and I should have a vote, but I think everyone who is Scottish should have a vote wherever they live, I've explained thus before so I'm not sure what point you're tying to make, unless you're trying to take the piss because I want to get the financial future of my family in order?

You don't live here though. And you might never will. You might be deed in 10 years. Who knows?

You don't live here though. And you might never will. You might be deed in 10 years. Who knows?

I live in England, you know this. You are correct on the other two points. I'm still at a loss what you're getting at?

Space Mackerel
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I live in England, you know this. You are correct on the other two points. I'm still at a loss what you're getting at?

You shouldn't get a vote because you feel all romanticised, end of story.

You shouldn't get a vote because you feel all romanticised, end of story.

I agree,  but that's not why I think I and others should get to vote, you're still not making much sence.

Space Mackerel

I agree,  but that's not why I think I and others should get to vote, you're still not making much sence.

You just agreed and then said thats not what you think? 😕

You just agreed and then said thats not what you think? 😕

No I didn't, I agreed that "romanticism" is no reason people outside Scotland should get to vote, I then said that's not, "romanticism", why I and others should get to vote.

Space Mackerel

No I didn't, I agreed that "romanticism" is no reason people outside Scotland should get to vote, I then said that's not, "romanticism", why I and others should get to vote.

Wouldn't changing the rules make a mockery out of the 2014 vote?

I take it if you won we could have Indy Ref 3 in a say 2 or 3 years?

Wouldn't changing the rules make a mockery out of the 2014 vote?

I take it if you won we could have Indy Ref 3 in a say 2 or 3 years?

I don't think it would make a mockery of the 2014 vote, that was then.

If No won again, then it would still be up to the Scottish Parliament and Westminster as to whether another Referendum took place.

Space Mackerel

I don't think it would make a mockery of the 2014 vote, that was then.

If No won again, then it would still be up to the Scottish Parliament and Westminster as to whether another Referendum took place.

So are h1b5 allowed 12 players for the semi seeing we beat them 5-1 last time at Hampden?

So are h1b5 allowed 12 players for the semi seeing we beat them 5-1 last time at Hampden?

You really have drank too much😅😅

No, I'm quite sober.

Why should the rules be changed?

Why shouldn't they? It would be a completely new Referendum.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Why shouldn't they? It would be a completely new Referendum.

Thats not a reason!

Whats changed from 2014? Apart from the Unionist side know they are going to get beat?

Thats not a reason!

Whats changed from 2014? Apart from the Unionist side know they are going to get beat?

It obviously is a reason!

What's changed from 2014? Brexit for one!

It would be a completely new referendum, the question could be diffirent, there could be other options put forward, both Yes and No might want things worded or done differently. 

The 2014 ref' is done and dusted.

Your last question is just shite.