• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

If final grades had shot up over 10% across the board in any other year, everybody would be demanding his head for making exams too easy.

Cannae win.

This solution is equally as bad but there was there time to do anything else?

You need an initial data modelling approach built across the various demographics but to also include past results at exam time v. prelims

A database built by pupil and teacher assessment, which should have been kept confidential, completely.

Then the model fed in to identify significant anomalies between the teacher assessment and the SQA model result.

Anything outside tolerance to be fed back to all 3 of local authority, schools and teachers to review and build a case for their assessment as an initial appeal.

Results finally issued.

Pupils finally allowed their own appeals.

All that take time, money, resource which is limited as it is in normal times.

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Jeeez, Scotland is the same as Poland noo. 

You Unionists are literally off yer nuts. 

They're total wallopers 😃

On 11/08/2020 at 09:32, Smithee said:

Yeah, blustering attack mode should divert some attention. Hey, why not some poor faith misrepresentation of what's been discussed 

Actually, don't worry about it, I see you've got it covered. Have a smashing day, watch for pineapple slices.

Put your fingers in your ears, make a fart noise and fail to address the issues again. Oh, and tell spaced out Mac boy that you brought up Poland.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Put your fingers in your ears, make a fart noise and fail to address the issues again. Oh, and tell spaced out Mac boy that you brought up Poland.

You were talking shit mate, get over it, and I mentioned Polands stance on the Euro, nothing more, nothing less.

But whatever, anyone who can read can see what's happened here

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You were talking shit mate, get over it, and I mentioned Polands stance on the Euro, nothing more, nothing less.

But whatever, anyone who can read can see what's happened here

Agreed. Boy's staggers from shambles to the next on this thread. 

Anybody think the SG gave in too quickly on this exam thing. Yes, some where misjudged, but the SQA have point about some teachers quess work. Damned if you do, etc... etc... 

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Down 2% since last survey - great news 

:jambobanana::jambobanana:

Highest ever result for a YouGov survey and still enough to win a referendum.

27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Down 2% since last survey - great news 

Up 4% from the last yougov. 

:jambobanana:

Panelbase was 54%

:jambobanana:

Oh and

:jambobanana: :jambobanana: :jambobanana:

Tick Tock!!! 

Space Mackerel
12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

They're total wallopers 😃

No wonder there is only a handful of them left on here, the rest have humiliated themselves into interwebz oblivion. 😁

Unknown user
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Anybody think the SG gave in too quickly on this exam thing. Yes, some where misjudged, but the SQA have point about some teachers quess work. Damned if you do, etc... etc... 

I'm in two minds about it. I worked a few summers at the SQA in Dalkeith when it was the Scottish Exam Board. IIRC they have a percentage to aim for, 78% get a pass, 38% an A, etc. Once the results are in and marked they know where to set the pass line to get the percentages they need.

It's a tough, tough situation, this year's now an anomaly with the amount of people passing far exceeding what they're meant to get, but then is the whole system flawed? Is it right to for your score to suffer because of what other people got? What's a better way to do it?

Space Mackerel

23% of old Nawbags have switched.

Didnt I predict all this ages ago? 😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

A68012D9-FF3F-4A65-AED8-6DDE97998B9B.jpeg

Edited by Space Mackerel

Boris Johnson is now 100 points behind Nicola Sturgeon in Scottish voters’ approval ratings

Polling by YouGov, carried out for the Times, found that Sturgeon was on +50 points as her approval rating continues to soar following her handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Johnson has dropped to -50 points after mismanaging the crisis, leaving 100 points difference between the two leaders.

:rofl:

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

another snp feck up basically 

They do pretty good. Wait til English results come out. Carnage! How's that recession? 

Anyway!!! 

Tick Tock!!! 

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

23% of old Nawbags have switched.

Didnt I predict all this ages ago? 😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

A68012D9-FF3F-4A65-AED8-6DDE97998B9B.jpeg

Just the Anti non presbos, and they'll never change. It'll be great watching them lose their shit, whilst the riot polis charge them, American style, post independence. 

They can all feck off to The UK. 

manaliveits105

There will be no indyref for at least 4 years 

FACT 

Ms Sturgeon will be a distant memory appearing in I’m a celebrity and loose women by then 

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

There will be no indyref for at least 4 years 

FACT 

Ms Sturgeon will be a distant memory appearing in I’m a celebrity and loose women by then 

You have been 100% bang on the cash so far...

Back to 2005
19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Highest ever result for a YouGov survey and still enough to win a referendum.

Are we planning on having a referendum every few years until we get a yes vote? A bit like my son resetting a game on fifa until he wins.  

Back to 2005
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If Independence had won in 2014 you can just imagine how these SNP brownshirts would squawk if opinion polls years later showed support for rejoining the union with a resulting clamour for a second vote.

Why should only one side of the argument have the option of revisiting?

Often wondered that. People do not seem to realise that once they waken up and realise the SNP have no substance then there is no turning back.

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If Independence had won in 2014 you can just imagine how these SNP brownshirts would squawk if opinion polls years later showed support for rejoining the union with a resulting clamour for a second vote.

We’d be the only country in history to EVER go back to being ruled from elsewhere. 
Let’s be honest it wouldn’t happen. 
But I’ve always said if a party emerged and it gathered enough support then there is nothing to stop it campaigning for another vote. 
We will (IMO) get our independence when England decides. We haven’t got the bottle. 
They have though as seen with brexit. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Often wondered that. People do not seem to realise that once they waken up and realise the SNP have no substance then there is no turning back.

Turning back to what? The SNP were formed for one reason and once they get there the SNP are no more. It’s a broad church of views. 
Maybe it’s you who doesn’t realise?

I have never seen any evidence that an independent Scotland would refuse to grant a democratic vote, if there were support for it, to return to the UK. Ever.

Same with poo-pooing the idea that democracy necessarily involves revisiting issues on an ongoing basis. Of course it does. That's a fundamental part of how the entire thing works. The analogy to resetting your PS4 is vacuous.

I have only ever seen it brought up by unionists who want to invent bad faith arguments against independence, a telltale sign they don't have any good faith ones. Between that and the pathological need to compare people who support an independence policy to Nazis, you can be assured they don't.

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are we planning on having a referendum every few years until we get a yes vote? A bit like my son resetting a game on fifa until he wins.  

Hopefully  :D

57 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It's independence not the SNP. So stop talking utter pish! 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This was written by Alex Massie and rings true imo. 

4169D1E7-E92E-4692-99DB-F778F1F71034.jpeg

Is this the same Alex Massie? From The Times.

Alex Massie: All of a sudden Nicola Sturgeon doesn’t have all the answers

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Just now, weehammy said:

This is just disingenuous drivel as you are well aware that if an independence vote succeeded there wouldn’t be a cat in hell’s chance of that ever being reversed.

I am well aware of no such thing, and neither are you. You're wringing your hands about a pure hypothetical. You can pretend all you want, but you cannot, in actual fact know. Meanwhile the actual reality, happening right now, is the UK government are denying people democratic process by blocking a referendum. :lol:

So spare us your crocodile tears about "respecting democracy" when they are doing what you are so up in arms against, right this second.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is this the same Alex Massie? From The Times.

Alex Massie: All of a sudden Nicola Sturgeon doesn’t have all the answers

Yeah he’s allowed to have a view on Nicola Sturgeon. He’s generally quite fair I find. 

13 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Years ago, I used to tell American colleagues that perhaps being part of a nation that has existed for a thousand years had led to most Scots being comfortable in their own skins, without a need to sing anthems and wave flags in the manner of citizens of younger countries like the US. Sadly, that theory has been thoroughly disabused by the nats.

"By the nats"

The Scotland Office's Edinburgh Headquarters

117764676_326729395039536_87616744499030

:rofl:

Your theory has been thoroughly disabused by being exceptionally poorly constructed and easily dismantled.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I am well aware of no such thing, and neither are you. You're wringing your hands about a pure hypothetical. You can pretend all you want, but you cannot, in actual fact know. Meanwhile the actual reality, happening right now, is the UK government are denying people democratic process by blocking a referendum. :lol:

So spare us your crocodile tears about "respecting democracy" when they are doing what you are so up in arms against, right this second.

So the UK government are failing to respect democracy by upholding the outcome of a democratic referendum held just six years ago.  

I don’t have an issue with Scotland having a second vote on independence but I do have an issue with it happening so soon after the last one.   

if I were Boris I would offer a second referendum only on the condition that if it’s a yes vote there is a confirmatory referendum when all the details of the consequences are better understood.   People will scream that’s not fair but he’s not obligated to offer one at all so I would offer that as a take it or leave it.  Given everyone who supports independence seems so positive about I can’t see how they could then claim that was a bad option.  Brexit has taught us we needed more info when we vote for constitutional change.  

if it’s a no then game over why would there be a third.  

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We had a referendum in 2014 with a 55%/45% decision to remain in the UK. In the recent general election the percentage of non-SNP/SNP votes was broadly similar 55%/45%. So where’s the mandate? The number of SNP MPs in Scotland arises purely from the first past the post voting system, something that gave Tony Blair huge majorities.

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t have an issue with Scotland having a second vote on independence but I do have an issue with it happening so soon after the last one.  

We've gone round and round in circles on this in this thread, and people have continued to pretend there's been no material change in circumstances when the biggest constitutional change in a century has just occurred, or that there is no mandate when polling is consistent and strong.

If you want to carry on with all that, don't let me stop you. :smile: I'll see you in the pub once I can move over permanently under an independent Scotland's immigration rules, and buy you a pint.

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

You have such a high opinion of yourself, emphasised by your childish use of that silly emoji. You broadcast the smugness of your supposed intellectual superiority all over this forum but are more than likely just a serial w****r.

The ‘ugly American’ writ large.

My opinion of myself is pretty irrelevant. My opinion of your pet theory though, is that it is really, really bad, and could be picked apart by a primary four student. So if what you're trying to say is that I think at least as highly of myself as I do the average primary four student, then yes, you've lucked into that one. :smile:

Montgomery Brewster
11 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We had a referendum in 2014 with a 55%/45% decision to remain in the UK. In the recent general election the percentage of non-SNP/SNP votes was broadly similar 55%/45%. So where’s the mandate? The number of SNP MPs in Scotland arises purely from the first past the post voting system, something that gave Tony Blair huge majorities.

Can someone change the thread  title to “ the rise and rise of the SNP “ ?

Support for independence hits record-breaking high with YouGov

Should Scotland be an independent country? (YouGov, 6th-10th August 2020):

Yes 53% (+2)
No 47% (-2)

Scottish Parliament constituency voting intentions:

SNP 57% (+3)
Conservatives 20% (-3)
Labour 14% (+3)
Liberal Democrats 6% (-2)

Scottish Parliament regional list voting intentions:

SNP 47% (+2)
Conservatives 21% (-2)
Labour 14% (+2)
Greens 6% (-2)
Liberal Democrats 6% (-1)

Scottish voting intentions for the next UK general election:

SNP 54% (+3)
Conservatives 20% (-5)
Labour 16% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (-1)
Greens 2% (n/c)
Brexit Party 2% (+2)

37 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We had a referendum in 2014 with a 55%/45% decision to remain in the UK. In the recent general election the percentage of non-SNP/SNP votes was broadly similar 55%/45%. So where’s the mandate? The number of SNP MPs in Scotland arises purely from the first past the post voting system, something that gave Tony Blair huge 

Are you talking about MP'S or MSP's, because we adopt a slightly different voting system to Westminster.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

That's what democracy is, it doesn't stop after you get a result you like.

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

You're forgetting something major, the Unionists would have to win an election in Holyrood.

Unlucky.

Space Mackerel
55 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Right here

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,scottish-parliament-votes-for-second-referendum-on-scottish-independence_15041.htm

Nucky Thompson

The SG along with their pals at the SPFL have just ordered Hearts to stop training because Celtic and Aberdeen players break the rules.

Any Hearts fan who supports this ramshackle party should give themselves a shake