• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm good thanks. Had a couple of really minor ops but nothing as serious as previous. Good health to you and come on Scotland!

👍👍👍👍

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Well my GP is a bit of a fanatic about people who drink and can be censorious about my drinking . I actually don’t drink that much but it can impact on blood tests . My previous GP had a more realistic attitude . He said you have to balance things out . Yes maybe pain free if not drinking at all and it doesn’t impact on your bloods , or drinking reasonably and having some quality of life he felt . 

The “how much do you drink” chats with doctors are amusing…

Lie through your teeth😂

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hmm Israel is a difficult one. I tried for years to understand wtf is going on over there. 
There’s the obvious things like creating the Jewish state where it is but after that it gets muddy as the tit for tat starts. It’s the promised land they’re on too. They have a right to defend themselves but you could go on all night with it. Hurts my head. 
Moan Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

palestine_map.gif

I'd be raging if I was Palestine tbf

Edited by Smithee

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The “how much do you drink” chats with doctors are amusing…

Lie through your teeth😂

Lol that’s true . Apparently I’m a binge drinker ! I just hate feeling guilty about something I enjoy and having to make excuses for it though when “ grilled” I remember the horror on my consultants face ( arthritis issue ) when she asked how much I maybe drank on a night out . I said “ about 10 pints I think “ 😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

palestine_map.gif

And they are . Quite rightly . The Balfour declaration was a catastrophic error . However we are were we are now and that can’t be changed . 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

palestine_map.gif

Yeah I’ve seen these too and it doesn’t look good. Theres leaders of the Palestinians who are minted though. I’m sure one is a billionaire. 
Arafat too had plenty chances. Ariel Sharon really tried to find agreement with the PLO.
With all these things it’s difficult to work out who the good guys are. 

Edited by jack D and coke

And they are . Quite rightly . The Balfour declaration was a catastrophic error . However we are were we are now and that can’t be changed . 

I can't be arsed getting into the whole was Palestine ever a country debate. But those living in that region backed the Nazis and that's why Britain handed swathes of territory to Jews after WW2. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I can't be arsed getting into the whole was Palestine ever a country debate. But those living in that region backed the Nazis and that's why Britain handed swathes of territory to Jews after WW2. 

Its a recognised sovereign state . I’m sure there were many other countries which supported the Nazis but i suppose it was the easy option to just plonk a people into another people’s land. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Its a recognised sovereign state . I’m sure there were many other countries which supported the Nazis but i suppose it was the easy option to just plonk a people into another people’s land. 

That was certainly unfortunate but the blame can’t all be put on Israel. The persecution of Jews in Europe and the appalling actions of Germany all brought this together to give us what we have today. 

JudyJudyJudy

That was certainly unfortunate but the blame can’t all be put on Israel. The persecution of Jews in Europe and the appalling actions of Germany all brought this together to give us what we have today. 

“ unfortunate “ is an understatement really . It was the collective guilt of western nations after world war 2 which basically sanctioned the state of Israel . A massive “ we are sorry “ . In hindsight a error of gigantic proportions really . IMO 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

“ unfortunate “ is an understatement really . It was the collective guilt of western nations after world war 2 which basically sanctioned the state of Israel . A massive “ we are sorry “ . In hindsight a error of gigantic proportions really . IMO 

Some would argue they inhabited that land known as Canaan, which is where modern day Israel is now before the Palestinians. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Some would argue they inhabited that land known as Canaan, which is where modern day Israel is now before the Palestinians. 

So **** Palestine?

JudyJudyJudy

A couple thousand years before ? 

Just now, Smithee said:

So **** Palestine?

I’m not saying that at all. It’s far too complex. But saying **** Israel is wrong as well. 

JudyJudyJudy

Then would could argue the case for a land for Jews in certain places in Europe due to their massive populations of Jews in certain countries then , ? They lived there for centuries 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Jews were settling in that area in the late 19th century. 

See my other point . They were also settled in Europe 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Then would could argue the case for a land for Jews in certain places in Europe due to their massive populations of Jews in certain countries then , ? They lived there for centuries 

Well they had to go somewhere after the Romans invaded. The persecution of Jews has gone on for centuries. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Well they had to go somewhere after the Romans invaded. The persecution of Jews has gone on for centuries. 

But why would a group of people’s only connected by their common religion need a country ? They could practice their religion in whatever country they wanted bar persecution 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

But why would a group of people’s only connected by their common religion need a country ? They could practice their religion in whatever country they wanted bar persecution 

Jews have been expelled from most starting in the late 13th century in England, Germany and France in the 14th, Portugal and Spain in the late 15th century etc etc. 

JudyJudyJudy

Jews have been expelled from most starting in the late 13th century in England, Germany and France in the 14th, Portugal and Spain in the late 15th century etc etc. 

👍

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The persecution of Jews is another thing. Why has it happened? Again and again? Or has it? I’m honestly confused by it all now. I don’t mean the Holocaust before people pounce on me. 
The Corbyn anti semetic thing I found bizarre. It didn’t feel right at all…almost invented. I might be wrong. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not saying that at all. It’s far too complex. But saying **** Israel is wrong as well. 

I'm not accusing you of it, I'm saying that seems to have been the conclusion reached

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’d forgot about that…history is truly fascinating  
The nazis and Muslims😂

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The persecution of Jews is another thing. Why has it happened? Again and again? Or has it? I’m honestly confused by it all now. I don’t mean the Holocaust before people pounce on me. 
The Corbyn anti semetic thing I found bizarre. It didn’t feel right at all…almost invented. I might be wrong. 

Christianity basically and the rejection of Jesus, blamed for killing Jesus. 

The Romans stated the Jews were drunken and rowdy and always stuck together. 

jack D and coke

Christ I like the Jews☺️

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s just the classic picking on a minority which has been throughout history . I think it maybe relates to the biblical stories where Jesus was betrayed by Other Jews ? Judas ? Then lazy stereotyping of them as greedy Money grabbers ? Dirty ? In film and literature they have Often been maligned . Fagin in “ Oliver Twist” was the Jimmy saville of the Victorian times probably ! 😎

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

👍

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

It’s just the classic picking on a minority which has been throughout history . I think it maybe relates to the biblical stories where Jesus was betrayed by Other Jews ? Judas ? Then lazy stereotyping of them as greedy Money grabbers ? Dirty ? In film and literature they have Often been maligned . Fagin in “ Oliver Twist” was the Jimmy saville of the Victorian times probably ! 😎

Is it as simple as that? For a minority, if that’s what you call it, they’re powerful. 
I’ve heard all the stories about them too though, control the worlds money etc. 
Bizarre. 
I don’t think I know a jew…

Sure I read somewhere Rudi was a Jew🥰

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is it as simple as that? For a minority, if that’s what you call it, they’re powerful. 
Bizarre. 

I’ve only met one Jewish person . Well that I know of as it’s not important to me anyone’s religion . He was in my university year and was very well off ! 😂 he was slightly naive about the real world such as poverty etc . But then again non rich Jews might be the same . 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Everything Scotland receives is a gift don’t you know? We’re kept by the nicest people eva!!! Out the EU to stop sending £350m a week to them but fight tooth and nail to keep firing money up our farters to keep us in deep fried smack☺️They love us❤️
Scrounging, cadging, good for nothing *******s that we are and Enzo won’t let us forget it 🤪🤣

You projecting again Jack ? :wave1:

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ve only met one Jewish person . Well that I know of as it’s not important to me anyone’s religion . He was in my university year and was very well off ! 😂 he was slightly naive about the real world such as poverty etc . But then again non rich Jews might be the same . 

I think that’s the perfect perception of them tbh. 
Not saying it’s true at all. 

jack D and coke
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You projecting again Jack ? :wave1:

Not really lol. The dafties troll the thread relentlessly so sometimes I do the same I guess😉

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bizarre. 

They are “ powerfull” because they have a good sense of community with each other and support each other . That’s not a bad thing . Probably good with money re investments and work ethic . Again not a bad thing either . Yes there are conspiracy theories in abundance about the Rothchilds controlling the world banking systems etc . 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ve only met one Jewish person . Well that I know of as it’s not important to me anyone’s religion . He was in my university year and was very well off ! 😂 he was slightly naive about the real world such as poverty etc . But then again non rich Jews might be the same

Nothing like a bit of casual anti semitism  on a Friday night.

Another one for "Pseuds Corner."🤣 

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

They are “ powerfull” because they have a good sense of community with each other and support each other . That’s not a bad thing . Probably good with money re investments and work ethic . Again not a bad thing either . Yes there are conspiracy theories in abundance about the Rothchilds controlling the world banking systems etc . 

I’m a mad proddy myself. The perception of me is wrong these days though☺️😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jamesy, you're on thin ice here. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m a mad proddy myself. The perception of me is wrong these days though☺️😂

Never 😂

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Jamesy, you're on thin ice here. 

I know it’s rather slightly stereotyping I know that ,,but it tends to be a perception some have . 

I know it’s rather slightly stereotyping I know that ,,but it tends to be a perception some have . 

I'm not getting drawn into this.

Good night.