• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Im

not particularly keen on him but I liked this article slating slater ! Don’t shoot the messenger and all . He makes some valid points , shame he’s a committed Zionist ( apparently ) 

Not that committed if he still lives in Scotland.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

The daily mail (sorry, the Daily tory)! Look at Stephen Daisley!!!! Thats what a true gammon tory looks like right there!

Is he not a Labour supporter? 

He was treated badly by STV after Pete Wishart and John Nicholson pulled a Rangers and wanted him sacked because he was critical of the SNP. 

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The mail is a Labour paper 

is Dailey a gammon or an Uncle Tam ?

I don’t speak fluent krankie 

Supposedly he kills Palestinians,  

Good lad 😀

Konrad von Carstein
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I don’t speak fluent English

FTFY

Daily Mail a Labour paper :lol:

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What is this? The Labour Party conference?

Bloody Zionists, Eh?

Place gets more and more like Kerrydale St every day. 

What next? Hearts fans wrapped in Palestinian flags?. Save that for the Greens and the weirdo brigade that deface Princes St every Saturday morning.

Batshit mental this place.

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He's a corpulent fornication, a rectal fissure, and an onanist of staggering proportions.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Place gets more and more like Kerrydale St every day. 

What next? Hearts fans wrapped in Palestinian flags?. Save that for the Greens and the weirdo brigade that deface Princes St every Saturday morning.

Batshit mental this place.

Ah the Tory Zionist returns to regale us with venom and shite.

Hail, o great haverer

35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Daily Mail a Labour paper. 

😂

Just now, Smithee said:

Ah the Tory Zionist returns to regale us with venom and shite.

Hail, o great haverer

Great haverer? Says the daft leftie who hangs on the coat tails of every "victim" group he can find.

Build Back Blether.

26 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Good lad 😀

😂. You'll never be welcome in that den of iniquity in the east end of Glasgow,  Jeffros.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great haverer? Says the daft leftie who hangs on the coat tails of every "victim" group he can find.

Build Back Blether.

Yes, great haverer, harbinger of crap, oracle of bollocks - truly the gobshite's gobshite.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Build Back Blether.

😂😂

That's quite good in fairness. 

Shame you're wrong on this topic though Enzo, despite our shared outlook on the Covid thread.

However, when I say wrong, I simply mean I don't share your opinion 👍

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes, great haverer, harbinger of crap, oracle of bollocks - truly the gobshite's gobshite.

I pity your world view of a waster's paradise where everyone is entitled and no-one is responsible. Victims abound and offence is taken at every turn. People self-identity as toasters and pop-up everywhere. No winners or losers...all are equal.

Thankfully your imaginary world exists only in your head, which tbh, is the best recycling receptacle for it.

57 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes the mail is well known for its "left leaning" opinions :vrface:

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I pity your world view of a waster's paradise where everyone is entitled and no-one is responsible. Victims abound and offence is taken at every turn. People self-identity as toasters and pop-up everywhere. No winners or losers...all are equal.

Thankfully your imaginary world exists only in your head, which tbh, is the best recycling receptacle for it.

You're really killing that gobshite stereotype, fair play to you

17 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

😂👍

DBA3F1C4-D825-4FB1-8427-9D075DC2F4F9.jpeg

Picture on the left . . . likes a meal.    Picture on the right . . . a performing seal.

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Good lad 😀

Shameful statement really . 

On 10/10/2021 at 11:36, XB52 said:

The biggest danger to independence is the ALBA party. A bunch of nutters that put worship of AS above Scotland's future. Thankfully, despite a high number of online activists, they have almost no support in the general population. 

Obviously I disagree, for me Alba is about having a pro-independent alternative to the SNP. I think much of the SNPs action, or rather inaction during the last 7 years has came about through arrogance. People who don't blindly nod along to the GRA are branded transphobic despite legitimate concerns. I think the SNP is packed to the rafters with careerists/grifters with little actual interest in achieving independence. I always like to go back to Margo MacDonalds words, they should be going down to settle up, not settle in. Ian Blackford despite all his rhetoric has got incredibly comfy in his time down South. Pete Wishart has achieved what exactly in his 20 years down there? For a so called Scottish nationalist, he actually put himself forward for speaker... 

If you want to talk about worship of a leader, I suggest you peruse some of the photos in the spoiler attached and revisit that. For me it comes down to who do I personally have more confidence in achieving Independence, Alex Salmond who forced a referendum from a much more competent Prime Minister in David Cameron, or Nicola Sturgeon, who despite Brexit has done no work on independence in her nearly 7 years in office and has went back to Boris with the same damn question and strategy time and time again.  Make absolutely no mistake, Brexit was a gift to Scottish Independence and it has absolutely been spurned by the naïve idiocy of those running the SNP. Too busy pursing divisive policies splitting apart their own voter base and cosying up to weirdos like Patrick Harvey who seem hell bent on making life as expensive as possible for working class people. Its a total disgrace. For the SNP, Independence has become little more than an electoral tool. 

Spoiler

Emma Roddick MSP on Twitter: "I've been here so many times, but the sheer  scale of it always gets me. Beautiful.… "

The SNP Seems To Have Ripped Off Margaret Thatcher's Election Slogan

I could pick any number of flyers, adverts, webpages etc. that are wall to wall Sturgeon, to call it anything other than a personality cult would be disingenuous. She's allowed absolutely no one else any degree of public exposure besides the odd appearance on question time. No other SNP politician has a national platform, its basically for all intents and purposes the Nicola Sturgeon Party.  I couldn't tell you the first thing about Keith Brown for example, and he's supposed to be the deputy leader. Its laughable. Every step of the way Salmond shared his platform with Sturgeon carefully ensuring there is a clear succession plan - what has Sturgeon done in her time besides crush rivals and surround herself with piss weak yes men? Who takes over once Sturgeon moves on? 

I'm realistic in that I don't think Alba will dominate electorally, but thats not the point, its to provide a firm no more nonsense pro independent party that can push the SNP into action and act as effective opposition to that end. I think as we see Sturgeon again kick Independence into the long grass we'll see Alba make gains in the local government elections which hopefully will push the dial and force some genuine progress. 

How many more times? :D 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

😂😂

That's quite good in fairness. 

Shame you're wrong on this topic though Enzo, despite our shared outlook on the Covid thread.

However, when I say wrong, I simply mean I don't share your opinion 👍

😂. Good that we can disagree on this issue though, Taffin 👍

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Obviously I disagree, for me Alba is about having a pro-independent alternative to the SNP. I think much of the SNPs action, or rather inaction during the last 7 years has came about through arrogance. People who don't blindly nod along to the GRA are branded transphobic despite legitimate concerns. I think the SNP is packed to the rafters with careerists/grifters with little actual interest in achieving independence. I always like to go back to Margo MacDonalds words, they should be going down to settle up, not settle in. Ian Blackford despite all his rhetoric has got incredibly comfy in his time down South. Pete Wishart has achieved what exactly in his 20 years down there? For a so called Scottish nationalist, he actually put himself forward for speaker... 

If you want to talk about worship of a leader, I suggest you peruse some of the photos in the spoiler attached and revisit that. For me it comes down to who do I personally have more confidence in achieving Independence, Alex Salmond who forced a referendum from a much more competent Prime Minister in David Cameron, or Nicola Sturgeon, who despite Brexit has done no work on independence in her nearly 7 years in office and has went back to Boris with the same damn question and strategy time and time again.  Make absolutely no mistake, Brexit was a gift to Scottish Independence and it has absolutely been spurned by the naïve idiocy of those running the SNP. Too busy pursing divisive policies splitting apart their own voter base and cosying up to weirdos like Patrick Harvey who seem hell bent on making life as expensive as possible for working class people. Its a total disgrace. For the SNP, Independence has become little more than an electoral tool. 

Hide contents

Emma Roddick MSP on Twitter: "I've been here so many times, but the sheer  scale of it always gets me. Beautiful.… "

I could pick any number of flyers, adverts, webpages etc. that are wall to wall Sturgeon, to call it anything other than a personality cult would be disingenuous. She's allowed absolutely no one else any degree of public exposure besides the odd appearance on question time. No other SNP politician has a national platform, its basically for all intents and purposes the Nicola Sturgeon Party.  I couldn't tell you the first thing about Keith Brown for example, and he's supposed to be the deputy leader. Its laughable. Every step of the way Salmond shared his platform with Sturgeon carefully ensuring there is a clear succession plan - what has Sturgeon done in her time besides crush rivals and surround herself with piss weak yes men? Who takes over once Sturgeon moves on? 

I'm realistic in that I don't think Alba will dominate electorally, but thats not the point, its to provide a firm no more nonsense pro independent party that can push the SNP into action and act as effective opposition to that end. I think as we see Sturgeon again kick Independence into the long grass we'll see Alba make gains in the local government elections which hopefully will push the dial and force some genuine progress. 

Great posting 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hide contents

Some hard truths here but I agree. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the main reasons we lost the last referendum was Alex Salmond. Although I liked him, he was a very divisive character. Now we have the most popular politician leading our party. I acknowledge that it will be very hard to replace her when she eventually goes but that will be after independence. Alba are just a fringe party who spend all their time attacking the SG. 

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

One of the main reasons we lost the last referendum was Alex Salmond. Although I liked him, he was a very divisive character. Now we have the most popular politician leading our party. I acknowledge that it will be very hard to replace her when she eventually goes but that will be after independence. Alba are just a fringe party who spend all their time attacking the SG. 

Don't agree at all. We lost the last referendum because we didn't have answers to key questions around the economy - currency, pensions and europe. Salmonds campaign took us from 29% to 45%. There are many reasons why we didn't win, but Alex Salmond is not a main reason. His lack of popularity at the time sat mainly with Unionists :D. The No campaign was entirely negative and focused squarely on creating fear and uncertainty around those 3 points. Brexit has brought Europe entirely back into play and 51% in 2014 was around 220k votes, I think its fair to say a massive number of people voted to protect their place in Europe, now the only way to regain their place in Europe is to vote yes. Sturgeons current approach is piss weak and if requesting a section 30 isn't an option, they need to seriously think about another approach which would still achieve an international gold standard. Joanna Cherry and Angus MacNeil have both floated the idea of investigating/debating other approaches but have been ridiculed for it. The entire democratic process within the SNP has been utterly captured by Sturgeon and its clear her approach isn't working. 

The UK government don't have a clear position beyond 'its not happening'. This generation nonsense doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever, - The Edinburgh agreement makes no reference to it, nor does it anywhere in any agreement related to the 2014 referendum, giving as much good faith as possible to that term, would suggest 7 years as defined by the good friday agreement which we have now passed. The Smith commission on the other hand contained an agreed commitment that nothing in it prevents Scotland becoming an independent country if the people of Scotland so choose. Its hard to therefore understand how the people of Scotland consistently electing a party with a commitment to independence in its manifesto is anything other than the people of Scotland wanting to make that decision. I think Sturgeon must push ahead with it. Its difficult to see how the UK government win in court where existing legislation already defines a generation and that they've already agreed its our decision... beyond that legal challenges will slow down the inevitable, so why waste anymore time? Get the ball rolling now, if they won't come to the table willingly, its incumbent on us to force them. 

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's 2 trillion in debt and has massive deficit! 

A quarter of the Scottish deficit tbf Roxy👍

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

We lost the last referendum because we didn't have answers to key questions around the economy - currency, pensions

:spoton:

And these must be addressed or the vote will be lost again. 

44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A quarter of the Scottish deficit tbf Roxy👍

Aye OK! If you believe that, who created it? Scotland has contributed billions upon billions to a Westminster Government who's been profligate with it and invested very little back. 

Off your knees bud!

On 11/10/2021 at 00:09, JamesM48 said:

😂👍

DBA3F1C4-D825-4FB1-8427-9D075DC2F4F9.jpeg

Hate seeing film stars health spiral after their acting careers end. That’s some amount of weight Jabba has put on since his Star Wars days. 😢

7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's 2 trillion in debt and has massive deficit! 

Still does not deflect from the fact that English people would be paying for an independent England.  

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

Committed Zionist isn't he?

Are you stating a fact or asking a question?    Is being a 'committed Zionist' a good or a bad thing?   

Zionism is about the pursuit of an independent Jewish state.   Since Israel became an independent state in 1948, it is hardly ground breaking news if he is pro the state of Israel.  Or is it?

7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Aye OK! If you believe that, who created it? Scotland has contributed billions upon billions to a Westminster Government who's been profligate with it and invested very little back. 

Off your knees bud!

It's Scooooaaatlands oil!🤣

manaliveits105
9 hours ago, XB52 said:

Popular with the krankies but disliked by many Scottish people as a sleekit wee kiddy on weegie who can’t be trusted running a shit government and wasting tax payers money constantly

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is and under an Independent Scotland you would like to have hoped we would have set up an oil fund that hadn’t been squandered repeatedly by UK governments. Norway have an oil fund worth 1.4 trillion that’s used to benefit all. 

35 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Are you stating a fact or asking a question?    Is being a 'committed Zionist' a good or a bad thing?   

Zionism is about the pursuit of an independent Jewish state.   Since Israel became an independent state in 1948, it is hardly ground breaking news if he is pro the state of Israel.  Or is it?

It's something James feels very strongly about, which is why I brought it up.

I'm well aware of what Zionism is, and as it's one of the main descriptors Daisley uses in his own profile, it's clearly something he feels strongly about too.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's something James feels very strongly about, which is why I brought it up.

I'm well aware of what Zionism is, and as it's one of the main descriptors Daisley uses in his own profile, it's clearly something he feels strongly about too.

I suppose everyone is free to feel however they feel then.   

12 hours ago, OTT said:

Make absolutely no mistake, Brexit was a gift to Scottish Independence and it has absolutely been spurned by the naïve idiocy of those running the SNP. Too busy pursing divisive policies splitting apart their own voter base and cosying up to weirdos like Patrick Harvey 

Reveal hidden contents

There's been a few other distractions as well to be fair. 😁

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It is and under an Independent Scotland you would like to have hoped we would have set up an oil fund that hadn’t been squandered repeatedly by UK governments. Norway have an oil fund worth 1.4 trillion that’s used to benefit all. 

That's a huge assumption. 1. that an independent Scotland would have the quality of leaders to do such a thin and....................and looking at the dross in Holyrood I'll just stop there. 

13 hours ago, OTT said:

Hide contents

:bravo:

17 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I suppose everyone is free to feel however they feel then.   

What's tomorrow big bird? The number 4? The letter P?

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Don't agree at all. We lost the last referendum because we didn't have answers to key questions around the economy - currency, pensions and europe. Salmonds campaign took us from 29% to 45%. There are many reasons why we didn't win, but Alex Salmond is not a main reason. His lack of popularity at the time sat mainly with Unionists :D. The No campaign was entirely negative and focused squarely on creating fear and uncertainty around those 3 points. Brexit has brought Europe entirely back into play and 51% in 2014 was around 220k votes, I think its fair to say a massive number of people voted to protect their place in Europe, now the only way to regain their place in Europe is to vote yes. Sturgeons current approach is piss weak and if requesting a section 30 isn't an option, they need to seriously think about another approach which would still achieve an international gold standard. Joanna Cherry and Angus MacNeil have both floated the idea of investigating/debating other approaches but have been ridiculed for it. The entire democratic process within the SNP has been utterly captured by Sturgeon and its clear her approach isn't working. 

The UK government don't have a clear position beyond 'its not happening'. This generation nonsense doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever, - The Edinburgh agreement makes no reference to it, nor does it anywhere in any agreement related to the 2014 referendum, giving as much good faith as possible to that term, would suggest 7 years as defined by the good friday agreement which we have now passed. The Smith commission on the other hand contained an agreed commitment that nothing in it prevents Scotland becoming an independent country if the people of Scotland so choose. Its hard to therefore understand how the people of Scotland consistently electing a party with a commitment to independence in its manifesto is anything other than the people of Scotland wanting to make that decision. I think Sturgeon must push ahead with it. Its difficult to see how the UK government win in court where existing legislation already defines a generation and that they've already agreed its our decision... beyond that legal challenges will slow down the inevitable, so why waste anymore time? Get the ball rolling now, if they won't come to the table willingly, its incumbent on us to force them. 

See, that's what happens when you don't attack the SG, we have agreement😊😊

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's a huge assumption. 1. that an independent Scotland would have the quality of leaders to do such a thin and....................and looking at the dross in Holyrood I'll just stop there. 

If only we had Eton educated leaders. They're doing a grand job elsewhere. 

49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well even if they’d been on par with those who have governed at Westminster we would still be better off. 

3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Still does not deflect from the fact that English people would be paying for an independent England.  

Of course and that's part of the point! Scotland has no debt but if it was apportioned to us on behalf of the mess Westminster has made then we would negotiate the assets of which we've contributed.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Didn't mention oil. No layman knows Scotland's true wealth. You can bet your life's savings that we are financially more stable than Westminster's propaganda leads YOU to believe! 

One reason for questioning their insulting motives. Why do they want to keep us?

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Popular with the krankies but disliked by many Scottish people as a sleekit wee kiddy on weegie who can’t be trusted running a shit government and wasting tax payers money constantly

sorry which one Nicky or Alec? Both?

12 hours ago, OTT said:

Yes let’s just get on with it again ! Let both sides put their arguments forward and let the dice fall wherever .