• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The highest power for me Enzo are the people of Scotland who are sovereign. I've more respect for Scottish inventors, pioneers, entrepreneurs than I do for a Queen. 

Agreed. I only have admiration for people who made their own way in life and a success of it without the privilege of a silver spoon in the mooth. The monarchy needs abolished ASAP really . It’s an embarrassment to any modern forward thinking country . 

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Enzo's got the cultists foaming this morning. :rofl:

Doesn't take much, Seymour. 

How anyone can respect a low-life, girning,  whining no-mark like Sturgeon or Harvie, whose lifetime experience and contribution to the world doesn’t extend much beyond a couple of shifts at Dennistoun Citizens Advice or some "outreach" work, whatever that entails....yet foam at the Queen.

Defies any logic or common sense.

They all jump in at the same time and we end up, not only factually correcting their nonsense, but wiping up the slavers, foam and bitterness that drips from their posts.

Not a job for a Sunday afternoon. 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How anyone can respect a low-life, girning,  whining no-mark like Sturgeon or Harvie, whose lifetime experience and contribution to the world doesn’t extend much beyond a couple of shifts at Dennistoun Citizens Advice or some "outreach" work, whatever that entails....yet foam at the Queen.

They all jump in at the same time and we end up, not only factually correcting their nonsense, but wiping up the slavers, foam and bitterness that drips from their posts.

Oi I was a citizens advice worker ! Not in Denistoun though . Your comment did make me laugh though 😂😂

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oi I was a citizens advice worker ! Not in Denistoun though . Your comment did make me laugh though 😂😂

Haha. No disrespect, James. You didn’t then go on, I assume, to become a professional politician, inhabiting a bubble that couldn't be more detached from the real world and real lives.🤣

Savage Vince
8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Always thought Enzo was a troll and the last few quoted posts of his just prove it. To be fair to him he caught a few but nobody, not even the most royalist unionist on earth could possibly believe what he posted

The only person Enzo trolls is James. Everyone else knows that he's the biggest slaver in The Shed. 

35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon can be described as many things.

But not the spiteful way you have .

I'd also say I'm no royalist but the Queen is someone who has carried out her role with integrity .

The personal insults towards both these women from both sides really shows why it's pointless trying to discuss in any real way the question of Scottish politics.

You make some good points .

Stick with the argument you make .

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sturgeon can be described as many things.

But not the spiteful way you have .

I'd also say I'm no royalist but the Queen is someone who has carried out her role with integrity .

The personal insults towards both these women from both sides really shows why it's pointless trying to discuss in any real way the question of Scottish politics.

You make some good points .

Stick with the argument you make .

The queen ripped off the British tax payers by having 10 million in an offshore account and done nothing to get her son to takk to the FBI to help victims of sexual abuse. 

Ine of the richest women in the country and has to stash money elsewhere.

Not that pure.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Haha. No disrespect, James. You didn’t then go on, I assume, to become a professional politician, inhabiting a bubble that couldn't be more detached from the real world and real lives.🤣

None taken. No I’ve too many skeletons in my closet to become a politician 😂 or maybe no enough . 

I enjoyed my time as an advisor but the whole service was badly run really , with antiquated systems and some advisors only showing half hearted commitment to their shifts . Therefore the office always seemed to close early due to staff shortages . 

Most advisors were quite posh ( no real Understanding of the impact of poverty etc on clients ) and didn’t really have a clue at times . The person in charge of appointments etc was 88 ! It was like a comedy at times 

I honestly think that they need to streamline their service and have paid workers who will have the required motivation , time and commitment to full time work and training . 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The only person Enzo trolls is James. Everyone else knows that he's the biggest slaver in The Shed. 

29E2D213-D17F-41D8-B6B4-ED4DC3973EC6.gif

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

29E2D213-D17F-41D8-B6B4-ED4DC3973EC6.gif

Have you looked for the JWL post on the other thread pointing out your ageism?

Something about someone being 71...

Just to clarify why I called you ageist. 

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The queen ripped off the British tax payers by having 10 million in an offshore account and done nothing to get her son to takk to the FBI to help victims of sexual abuse. 

Not that pure.

If you believe the Queen sits at a desk like some kind of CEO on you go.The crown and its estate is an entity of it's own.

She plays a role.

Shes 90 something and while she may or may not be helping to get her son to do whatever I still have a respect of sorts.

She has qualities that seem to be in short supply these days.

No one is pure or anything like it.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Have you looked for the JWL post on the other thread pointing out your ageism?

Something about someone being 71...

Just to clarify why I called you ageist. 

Which thread ? I got barred from one yesterday ! No sure who barred me . It’s a first for me ! Surprisingly ! 👀I’m really not ageist I have contempt for everyone no matter what age they are 😎

DA15F7E4-A747-4D18-A676-E55681725672.gif

1 minute ago, Ked said:

If you believe the Queen sits at a desk like some kind of CEO on you go.The crown and its estate is an entity of it's own.

She plays a role.

Shes 90 something and while she may or may not be helping to get her son to do whatever I still have a respect of sorts.

She obviously knew that the money was going offshore and what example is that setting if it was her personally or otherwise. 

She also knows what's going Andrew, and as the head of the church and justice system, she should've been encouraging him to help the FBI.  She also should've encouraged him to accept the legal papers to clear his name but let him hide out in Scotland. 

They all need to go as soon as she does. 

The only thing thos tragic Andrew situation has done is make a lot more see that they should be privatised.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Which thread ? I got barred from one yesterday ! No sure who barred me . It’s a first for me ! Surprisingly ! 👀I’m really not ageist I have contempt for everyone no matter what age they are 😎

You called me it and then someone highlighted a post were you had been.  The post will still be there. 

An apology for double standards..? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

You called me it and then someone highlighted a post were you had been.  The post will still be there. 

Are you 71 ? Where is the post I was ageist ? I have made comments regarding people’s age in a positive light . Mainly in relationship to them making their own choices about taking the vaccine  💉 as discussed about that 67 yo guy who died after leaving hospital . 

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not that pure.

Why the feck should we be cooperating with the Americans on something that allegedly happened at a party decades ago?? 

Let them extradite the woman with diplomatic immunity who committed the far more serious crime of killing  a teenager,  while driving on the wrong side of the road.  

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I actually never think what age people are on this  at all . Why should it matter ? Yes I can hazard a guess about ages of people due to their opinions or views but like I said it means didly squat . 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

All the best non cultists get banned from threads James 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

All the best non cultists get banned from threads James 

Great . I’ll wear it as a badge of honour then ! 👍

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why the feck should we be cooperating with the Americans on something that allegedly happened at a party decades ago?? 

Let them extradite the woman with diplomatic immunity who committed the far more serious crime of killing  a teenager,  while driving on the wrong side of the road.  

We aren't talking about her.  So Andrew doesn't help victims of abuse because of something he had nothing to do with?  

Wow

5 hours ago, Ked said:

She plays a role.

Does that mean anyone can be absolved of alleged crimes? Maybe just the British State stooges like Andrew! The UK is  beyond laughable. The Queen is part of the problem!

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I suspect it is the other way around, James.   

Interesting 

SNP winning a bit of grievance spin on the back of this morning's Supreme Court ruling. Predictable, boring and will make little difference to their cause zzzzzzzz.

14 minutes ago, pablo said:

SNP winning a bit of grievance spin on the back of this morning's Supreme Court ruling. Predictable, boring and will make little difference to their cause zzzzzzzz.

I'd describe it in a different way.

Shameful .

They knew full well it could not be passed and Swinney claiming it as a weakness of devolution shows exactly what they did.

Political stunt on the back of a worthwhile cause.

As the Judge said what a way to run legislation.

The current Scottish government are leaving a bad taste and squirm about like the other incompetent lot in London.

I disagree with you about making little difference to the cause of independence.

They are actually doing harm to it.

They do have powers to effect change on the rights of children.

They know the constraints of the law.

Yet they chose to pick a fight in court they knew they couldnt win.

On the backs of children.

Just so tacky.

Edited by Ked

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Shameful .

They knew full well it could not be passed and Swinney claiming it as a weakness of devolution shows exactly what they did.

The current Scottish government are leaving a bad taste and squirm about like the other incompetent lot in London.

I disagree with you about making little difference to the cause of independence.

I see where you're coming from. Especially considering no side had a fundamental issue with the policy of the Bills. To politicise the rights of children and waste tax payer money on unwinnable legal challenge is pretty grubby. Hardly the surprise of the century though. 

manaliveits105

Is she beelin ? 

Supreme Court rules in favour of UK Government

The UK Supreme Court today (6 October 2021) determined that parts of two Scottish Government Bills were outside the legislative competence of the Scottish Parliament.

lovely jubbly 

:gok:

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Shameful .

They do have powers to effect change on the rights of children.

They know the constraints of the law.

Yet they chose to pick a fight in court they knew they couldnt win.

On the backs of children.

Just so tacky.

you do know that all the other parties backed the legislation, including the tories??

it's just one more nail in the uk coffin, showing that they care more about shouting down the Scottish parliament than the rights of children. Still it keeps the unionists on here happy

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

it's just one more nail in the uk coffin, showing that they care more about shouting down the Scottish parliament than the rights of children. Still it keeps the unionists on here happy

It couldnt be passed because it wasnt lawful.

They knew that.

And you are buying into exactly what they hoped for.

There were other ways they could have enacted the will of the Scottish parliament.

You cannot enact something which isnt lawful.

End off.

And to proceed to the supreme court and have their QC told exactly that was a disgrace.

Until the Scottish electorate vote for independence then we are bound by what they have voted for.

That you see it the way you do is blind loyalty to a party that is abusing the courts to pick political fights.

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

you do know that all the other parties backed the legislation, including the tories??

Yes I do know.

The legislation was formed in a way which wasnt lawful.

Are you suggesting the SG wasnt aware of that ?

25 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Is she beelin ? 

The UK Supreme Court today (6 October 2021) determined that parts of two Scottish Government Bills were outside the legislative competence of the Scottish Parliament.

lovely jubbly 

If shes not I am.

Absolutely disgraceful and heavily criticised by the lead Judge.

Who gave the SG QC a roasting for it.

A political stunt in a long line of political stunts .

Mirroring exactly the same nonsense that comes out of Westminster in regards to brexit.

And swallowed up in the same way as the true blue tories .

It's about time the SNP started governing the country as best they can instead of this rubbish.

Its they who now present the biggest hurdle to any notion of independence.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's about time the SNP started governing the country as best they can instead of this rubbish.

Its they who now present the biggest hurdle to any notion of independence.

Aye but are they falling yet?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Is she beelin ? 

lovely jubbly 

12C90DA4-BE84-4649-96EB-8A52D4813246.jpeg

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Aye but are they falling yet?

I doubt it given the standard of opposition.

Neither are the Tories for reference.

But are they getting the extra votes needed to secure independence.

I'd say they are doing the opposite.

dobmisterdobster
20 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Yoons celebrating the embedding of children's rights being blocked. Stay classy.

Irrespective of your party, the Scottish parliament has been undermined. It overwhelmingly backed the incorporation of UNHRC into law. That's been overturned by an unelected body in England.

Then write legislation that doesn't encroach on the powers of Westminster. A first year law student could do better.

This is a huge waste of time and taxpayers money that could've been avoided.

21 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Yoons celebrating the embedding of children's rights being blocked. Stay classy.

Irrespective of your party, the Scottish parliament has been undermined. It overwhelmingly backed the incorporation of UNHRC into law. That's been overturned by an unelected body in England.

It couldnt happen because it wasnt lawful.

And until Scottish voters vote for independence then the supreme court is the final arbitrator of what is lawful.

The SNP knew it couldnt be implemented in it's current form.

Your use of unelected English body is hyperbole.

It wasnt blocked it just couldnt happen.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Then write legislation that doesn't encroach on the powers of Westminster. A first year law student could do better.

That’s the issue I had with it . It was just ludicrous 

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What should anger people is that it was knowingly written that way.

It was no mistake.

The only ones who played politics with the rights of children were the current SG.

Their QC got ripped a new one in court because of it.

40 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Only if you pretend that Holrood is the parliament of an independent country. But it isn't.

The Scottish government could have written the legislation in a way that that wouldn't have over stepped their reach outside the Scotland Act. But they chose not to, in order to politicise this and to amplify grievance.

The Bill will be amended and passed. But it could have been done so that children received greater protection earlier, and at no unnecessary cost to the tax payer.