The rise and fall of The SNP.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We are obviously on different sides of the fence regarding higher tax and that’s fine we will never agree. I have to take issue with your belief that higher tax will lead to a better life and services for us all. This will only happen if the right people are spending the money. Imo we don’t have that. We already pay more tax, does anyone really see any benefit to that ? Giving the same people more money to waste isn’t the best idea. It’s like giving Mike Carroll another £10m. 😂

Hey, we’re Jambos, of course we will occasionally agree 😁

You make a similarly fair point as LBJ, that higher taxes don’t necessarily lead to better services and only good/smart people in charge can make that happen. And, you are right, where we differ is that I believe that the SNP have the better and most trustworthy talent to do that. To be fair, the previous Labour administration in Scotland were just as good and laid many of the solid welfare foundations that the SNP have built upon. That’s one of the reasons I support them. When they first came to power, they didn’t immediately bin everything Labour built. They kept most of the good stuff and added to it (social inclusion, education, health). That was truly refreshing because it was the opposite of what happens in Westminster.

I also trust Nicola Sturgeon. She is a good person with a genuinely good heart. 

Mike Carroll? Is that the roofer from Aylesbury or the skateboarder? 😂

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Hey, we’re Jambos, of course we will occasionally agree 😁

You make a similarly fair point as LBJ, that higher taxes don’t necessarily lead to better services and only good/smart people in charge can make that happen. And, you are right, where we differ is that I believe that the SNP have the better and most trustworthy talent to do that. To be fair, the previous Labour administration in Scotland were just as good and laid many of the solid welfare foundations that the SNP have built upon. That’s one of the reasons I support them. When they first came to power, they didn’t immediately bin everything Labour built. They kept most of the good stuff and added to it (social inclusion, education, health). That was truly refreshing because it was the opposite of what happens in Westminster.

I also trust Nicola Sturgeon. She is a good person with a genuinely good heart. 

Mike Carroll? Is that the roofer from Aylesbury or the skateboarder? 😂

Pretty much summed up as the difference Sub. 👍

He is the Rangers supporting English bin man who spunked his lottery win and ended up penniless. One of many, like a snp government. 😁

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, Dazo said:

Pretty much summed up as the difference Sub. 👍

He is the Rangers supporting English bin man who spunked his lottery win and ended up penniless. One of many, like a snp government. 😁

🤣….except that last bit 😜

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not really into the politics around this thread. It’s all a bit fanatics for me. However, I think it would be fair to say i disagree with the above. Each to their own and all that.

Take it easy👍

Which is a shame because you're at least able to hold a conversation on the subject.

Personally I think we should all be taxed more, but only after being paid a lot more too.

As I may have mentioned, I was in Holland for 10 years. I got paid really well, taxed highly, I lived a really comfortable life and the country's infrastructure was in great nick. There must have been half a dozen playparks within 5 minutes' walk, roads like bowling greens.

I'm not saying they have everything right, but they aim to help the population. Every month 8% of your wage gets put aside and in may or June you get it in a oner. It's nearly doubling your wages that month so you can afford a holiday. People on the dole get it too.

Employers pay travelling expenses, normally if you live more than 5 km away IIRC - one employer gave me a Railcard valid everywhere in Holland at all times.

It starts with paying people fairly so they can have nice lives, have money to spend, be taxed, and keep things going.

5 years ago I walked into a factory job, just a line worker, for €14.75 an hour.

Here, the minimum wage is still under 9 quid an hour and there are people in full time employment who have to be subsidised by taxpayers while their employers make money. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure that says much tbh. 

I agree with a lot of what you wrote and was tempted to get into a discussion. I think we would be aiming for same things maybe in slightly different ways. 

Anyway, I’m genuinely out of this thread. I’m off to plant stuff😃

Hopefully, you’ve stopped drooling like your mutt and continuing your recovery. 👍

Physically yes, verbally never! 👍

Sub4TiddlerMurray
21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This was your quote ‘if every person and company paid their fair share, those of us that are not in the top 10% would not have to pay as much as we do. There's a difference.’

You are stating you want others. to pay more so you can pay less🤷🏻‍♂️ I was just pointing out despite what you claim people are paying what they should in the main and pointing out where most the cash comes from.

Remember, the context for my comment was that some of the multinationals (Amazon, Apple, Starbucks et al) use the existing tax rules to declare profits made in this country in a lower tax country. By doing so, the do not pay what they are due within the UK. And, that the wealthiest 10% shuffle much of their earnings off shore or into trusts...to avoid paying the full tax rate. I'm not blaming them for taking advantage, but these schemes exist to allow the wealthiest to avoid tax. In that respect, you are correct, I want these people and companies to pay their full share.

You can’t find the words because I have never claimed that. I said supporting the country financially, which isn’t really a debate. 

Honestly can't see the difference. People have been kept on low wages and that literally means they have been supporting the country financially. That was the Tory Austerity message. To say the rich are supporting the country financially ignores the sacrifice that people on low wages have made. The only true aspect of your point is that rich people earn more so they pay more.

They do pay tax on all the earning in the same way you do, they don’t get to decide their income tax rate or anything. They are not dodging taxes, other than a minority, they are using the the rules to minimise liabilities. Most of us do it to varying degrees.

The narrative of rich people dodgy dealing and avoiding taxes isn’t all that realistic tbh. The exception is not the rule.

Well, you say that, but the UK is governed by a wealthy Etonian elite. So, they mostly have a vested interest in maintaining tax avoidance schemes and British off-shore banking territories that benefit their peers. The more opaque the make these schemes, the harder it is to call them out. That's not to say that all wealthy people maximise their legal tax avoidance options. Fair play to Jimmy Carr, for example, who, when called out, closed his off shore accounts and paid his full tax liability in the UK.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Which is a shame because you're at least able to hold a conversation on the subject.

Personally I think we should all be taxed more, but only after being paid a lot more too.

As I may have mentioned, I was in Holland for 10 years. I got paid really well, taxed highly, I lived a really comfortable life and the country's infrastructure was in great nick. There must have been half a dozen playparks within 5 minutes' walk, roads like bowling greens.

I'm not saying they have everything right, but they aim to help the population. Every month 8% of your wage gets put aside and in may or June you get it in a oner. It's nearly doubling your wages that month so you can afford a holiday. People on the dole get it too.

Employers pay travelling expenses, normally if you live more than 5 km away IIRC - one employer gave me a Railcard valid everywhere in Holland at all times.

It starts with paying people fairly so they can have nice lives, have money to spend, be taxed, and keep things going.

5 years ago I walked into a factory job, just a line worker, for €14.75 an hour.

Here, the minimum wage is still under 9 quid an hour and there are people in full time employment who have to be subsidised by taxpayers while their employers make money. 

100% 👍

Jamstomorrow

I wonder how many on here who gripe about tax avoidance (which is not illegal) have ever paid 'cash in hand' to a tradesman for doing a job?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I wonder how many on here who gripe about tax avoidance (which is not illegal) have ever paid 'cash in hand' to a tradesman for doing a job?

Not me. Why, is this something you consider the norm?

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

A gentleman’s agreement. Nothing wrong with it. 

manaliveits105

Nice to see her Maj popping in to Holyrood to remind wee Jimmy K and her cult that we are better together 

Edited by manaliveits105

manaliveits105

Nice bit of grovelling there trying to follow Lady Ruth to the HOL perhaps 

I see she has been to the barbers for the occasion 

22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nice to see her Maj popping in to Holyrood to remind wee Jimmy K and her cult that we are better together 

Taking time out trying to cover up her son's misdemeanours! 

54 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

This is like songs of praise could they no have had Amy Macdonald or Biffy Clyro 

She could join that band with her tat sleeve. Not my cuppa. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

It must really get on Frau sturgeons tits to be reminded she’s basically a branch manager in the U.K.  lol pleasing 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

This is like songs of praise could they no have had Amy Macdonald or Biffy Clyro 

Not gonna waste half-decent acts just to please the Royal cultists. 

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

It does give a reassurance to people that, despite wee biology denying, industrial revolurion lamenting, economic growth blocking extremists like the Greens, being in power, there is a higher power out there. A greater being, world travelled, experienced and respected across the globe for the diplomatic, cultural, political and social skills that she has deployed over many decades.

A lifetime of knowledge and experience that trumps the combined effforts of the entire Scottish Parliament. 

Hope you enjoyed your day knocking a few noses back into joint, Ma'am.

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It does give a reassurance to people that, despite wee biology denying, industrial revolurion lamenting, economic growth blocking extremists like the Greens, being in power, there is a higher power out there. A greater being, world travelled, experienced and respected across the globe for the diplomatic, cultural, political and social skills that she has deployed over many decades.

A lifetime of knowledge and experience that trumps the combined effforts of the entire Scottish Parliament. 

:jj_facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

C'mon Konnie. Even YOU can't deny the class, credibility and authenticity that Her Maj brought to her noisy neighbours. 

How do you think she felt when they moved in 22 years ago? 

Despite the intellectual equivalent of rusty old prams, stained mattresses and pizza boxes being left inside the house, she hasn't gone down the eviction route, instead trying to educate, coax and bring about behavioural improvements. 

Konrad von Carstein
30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

C'mon Konnie. Even YOU can't deny the class, credibility and authenticity that Her Maj brought to her noisy neighbours. 

How do you think she felt when they moved in 22 years ago? 

Despite the intellectual equivalent of rusty old prams, stained mattresses and pizza boxes being left inside the house, she hasn't gone down the eviction route, instead trying to educate, coax and bring about behavioural improvements. 

Jamstomorrow
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Not me. Why, is this something you consider the norm?

Not you?  Probably because you still live with your mummy.   Each to their own I  suppose.

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It must really get on Frau sturgeons tits to be reminded she’s basically a branch manager in the U.K.  lol pleasing 

👌. Wonder if Harvie, Greer and the Canadian mouthpiece "boycotted" in favour of attending some contrived, woke event??

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

👌. Wonder if Harvie, Greer and the Canadian mouthpiece "boycotted" in favour of attending some contrived, woke event??

No chance . They would have been sooking up Lizzies erse ! Probably got some boring woke event on the night . 😂

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Actually just imagine being at a Function with that trio ! Rather stick needles in my eyes 👀 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

This has to be a parody account, right? :cornette:

25 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This has to be a parody account, right? :cornette:

Is the Queen not a "higher power" than any politician? The Head of State and the Head of the Commonwealth? Who approves every piece of legislation that lands on the statute book.

Perhaps you could tell me who her boss in the UK is?

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Those posts deserved the facepalms.

:lol:

I always feel duty bound to remind you of the national pecking order , whenever the Shortbread Senate gets ideas above it's station.

I'll take the facepalms as your acknowledgement of that fact 👍

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Not you?  Probably because you still live with your mummy.   Each to their own I  suppose.

🤪

:trippin:

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I always feel duty bound to remind you of the national pecking order , whenever the Shortbread Senate gets ideas above it's station.

I'll take the facepalms as your acknowledgement of that fact 👍

:lol:

🤣. Yip. Certainly wouldn't be much humour on display as they all tried to out-woke each other, virtue signal and take faux offence every time one of them opened their gub.

Miserable shower of nutcases.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is the Queen not a "higher power" than any politician? The Head of State and the Head of the Commonwealth? Who approves every piece of legislation that lands on the statute book.

Perhaps you could tell me who her boss in the UK is?

Tell me the last time a UK monarch refused assent to a Parliamentary bill? Exactly, just a figurehead. 

Your craven supplication is quite nauseating. 🤢

6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Tell me the last time a UK monarch refused assent to a Parliamentary bill? Exactly, just a figurehead. 

Your craven supplication is quite nauseating. 🤢

But a "figurehead" that is there, nonetheless, with the armed forces, as a barrier, to prevent political leaders who, as we see throughout the world, overreach their power, convene illegal plebiscites etc.

Your craven supplication to elected politicians, and, indeed, the electorate, is equally nauseating. 

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I cannot speak for the first two, but the Canadian was in the line-up, dressed up to the nines, waiting to bow to Her Majesty. 

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣. Yip. Certainly wouldn't be much humour on display as they all tried to out-woke each other, virtue signal and take faux offence every time one of them opened their gub.

Miserable shower of nutcases.

The highest power for me Enzo are the people of Scotland who are sovereign. I've more respect for Scottish inventors, pioneers, entrepreneurs than I do for a Queen. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The highest power for me Enzo are the people of Scotland who are sovereign. I've more respect for Scottish inventors, pioneers, entrepreneurs than I do for a Queen. 

Always thought Enzo was a troll and the last few quoted posts of his just prove it. To be fair to him he caught a few but nobody, not even the most royalist unionist on earth could possibly believe what he posted

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Always thought Enzo was a troll and the last few quoted posts of his just prove it. To be fair to him he caught a few but nobody, not even the most royalist unionist on earth could possibly believe what he posted

Royalist unionists all say the same thing. I've met a few and I find them embarrassing. They are entrenched in their views and inept in their thinking. IMO.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Royalist unionists all say the same thing. I've met a few and I find them embarrassing. They are entrenched in their views and inept in their thinking. IMO.

So not critical then?

20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Enzo's got the cultists foaming this morning. :rofl:

Why? What's he said to offend you 🤣

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But a "figurehead" that is there, nonetheless, with the armed forces, as a barrier, to prevent political leaders who, as we see throughout the world, overreach their power, convene illegal plebiscites etc.

Your craven supplication to elected politicians, and, indeed, the electorate, is equally nauseating. 

I don't kow-tow to anyone, so you can feel free to retract that anytime as its about time you stopped putting words into people's mouths, a common troll tactic.  As for the electorate - I put everyone on the same pedestal and certainly consider them no more and no less important than the Queen. 

Perhaps in time you'll find your spine and be able to raise your head up again mate, it can't have gone missing entirely...

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

I do wonder that at times. It's either a very committed troll or that boy who broke into the Queen's bedroom... 

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👏