The rise and fall of The SNP.

On 03/10/2021 at 18:29, Auldbenches said:

The queen ripped off the British tax payers by having 10 million in an offshore account and done nothing to get her son to takk to the FBI to help victims of sexual abuse. 

Ine of the richest women in the country and has to stash money elsewhere.

Not that pure.

That's probably a rounding error for her, probably parked in case she has to do one when Nicky appears at the gates with a pitchfork. Couple of tax law comments for you though;

a) The Crown has a legal tax-exempt status (though she voluntarily pays taxes equivalent to income tax on her private income and income from the Privy Purse )

b) Given that she is domiciled here she'd still be liable for declaring the interest as income even though it's abroad.

I'd also add that if the funds were non GBP denominated there are a limited number of UK mainland banks that offer non GBP accounts, appreciating of course that Coutts is one of that select few. I'd suspect any desire for privacy on her behalf is as much to avoid salacious gossip, havering and general baw-baggery around what essentially could be argued is a private matter than to evade taxes which she isn't legally obliged to pay in the first place. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

"son"  :lol:

#actuallyzlatanable

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I literally typed exactly your first line then your post popped up, uncanny!

Great minds.

Wrong about zlatan though.

Both alike in the smart arse bitter wee fuds category.

Swanning about the forum like wee cardboard hardman.

With absolutely fek all too say except smarmy self important shite.

Guarenteed a slap in real life without so much as a whimper.

Just my boring opinion

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Great minds.

Just my boring opinion

973E6ECC-5508-4D40-82F8-CB3EA66B26C8.gif

manaliveits105
53 minutes ago, Ked said:

Great minds.

Just my boring opinion

:robbo::robboyas:

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All the usual dafties out in force to shoot the messenger.  The Supreme Court ffs, it's an unprecedented ruling in terms of it's reference to the SNP "deliberately" exceeding their legislative competence. 

Express, Times, Telegraph,  they all report it as it is.

Just to clarify; the papers, the scribes, the reporters are not at fault. Sturgeon and the Scot Gov ARE at fault.

Eventually,  you have to assume, the penny will drop with some of the acolytes and they will realise that time after time, the SNP have shown themselves to be incompetent,  bitter, grievance ridden fanatics.

Not the Mail, Express, Boris, Toaaaries, Thatcher blah blah. The SNP.

:facepalm:

pro-brexit, pro-union cheerleading rags.

You cite newspapers "telling it like it is" : these are the newspapers that routinely lied about brexit, were cheeleaders for the election of the worst UK PM in decades (ever ?) and fill their pages with the worst Tory propaganda. And you call the SNP "bitter, grievance ridden fanatics." ? 🙄

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Great minds.

Just my boring opinion

:kirklol:

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Great minds.

Just my boring opinion

Hey mind that night when you totally lost your cool and made a right arse of yourself? :laugh2:

Night zed, hope your head's ok tomorrow

Jamstomorrow
4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You cite newspapers "telling it like it is" : these are the newspapers that routinely lied about brexit, were cheeleaders for the election of the worst UK PM in decades (ever ?) and fill their pages with the worst Tory propaganda. And you call the SNP "bitter, grievance ridden fanatics." ? 🙄

I agree.   Why can't all papers be unbiased, straight down the middle, 'honest as the day is long' like The National?

How anyone can call the SNP "bitter, grievance ridden fanatics" is beyond me!   You critics need to wake up and see what a grand job the SNP is doing in Scotland!

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Again, you're shooting the messenger.  Not sure why you're on to Brexit now but the fact remains whether it's the Mail or the Morning Star; the SNP led Scot Gov were at fault,  yet again, as they "deliberately " concocted legislation that exceeded their powers, in order to create a grievance.

They also refused to engage with a UK wide transport connectivity review that is designed to upgrade our important arterial routes and improve trade etc. 

Perhaps you can see your way to criticising them instead of diverting, digressing and obfuscating?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again, you're shooting the messenger.  Not sure why you're on to Brexit now but the fact remains whether it's the Mail or the Morning Star; the SNP led Scot Gov were at fault,  yet again, as they "deliberately " concocted legislation that exceeded their powers, in order to create a grievance.

They also refused to engage with a UK wide transport connectivity review that is designed to upgrade our important arterial routes and improve trade etc. 

Perhaps you can see your way to criticising them instead of diverting, digressing and obfuscating?

interesting to watch how the FM pivoted during COVID. At the start of the crisis she was in lockstep with the government and came across as a true Statesman with her clear comms and daily briefings, she took the central message amplified and in many cases clarified what it meant. As things progressed though that degenerated into an obvious policy of making things different that came across as petty and unnecessary. This in turn added further to the confusion and weakened the overall health/compliance message across the UK as a whole but particularly in Scotland, it was however highly successful at highlighting Scotland as a separate country which has control over large parts of it's own decision making. She's not daft!!

Konrad von Carstein
9 hours ago, Ked said:

Great minds.

Just my boring opinion

:lol:

You got there in the end....

:clyay:

The Mighty Thor

Seeing as the subject of Parliaments over extending their powers has got the boys creaming their union jack y fronts.....

Has Westminster rescinded the powers taken from the Scottish Parliament in the Internal Markets Bill yet?

Parliamentary over-reach and better together and devolution n that know?

28 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Seeing as the subject of Parliaments over extending their powers has got the boys creaming their union jack y fronts.....

Has Westminster rescinded the powers taken from the Scottish Parliament in the Internal Markets Bill yet?

Parliamentary over-reach and better together and devolution n that know?

Do you have a link to the Supreme Court ruling on the repatriation of EU powers, Thor?

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I agree.   Why can't all papers be unbiased, straight down the middle, 'honest as the day is long' like The National?

How anyone can call the SNP "bitter, grievance ridden fanatics" is beyond me!   You critics need to wake up and see what a grand job the SNP is doing in Scotland!

Ever seen the National print shite like this? 
Is this a joke? 🤣

B148478C-8EBE-4133-B845-074BB6B08C6F.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is this a joke? 🤣

WIN ALL!! WIN ALL!!

:surprised:

30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is this a joke? 🤣

😂

Some folk will lap that shite up though. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

WIN ALL!! WIN ALL!!

:surprised:

Hilarious. We’re being relentlessly trolled. By our own media who want this band of dingles in charge
And yet the brit nuts post utter drivel from the pages of said papers and we’re supposed to take it seriously :lol: 

Cos it’s soartin oot the snp :rofl:

Parody from these mugs pal. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

😂

Some folk will lap that shite up though. 

Brit Nuts reading their Daily Express online

890BA23B-015E-4230-8CC9-3F2611FC26ED.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein

Boris studied classics at Oxford/Cambridge so he'll be familiar with the intent and meaning of "Respice post te. Hominem te esse memento. Memento mori!"

Easier to remind him that "all empires fall"  his arrogance, laziness and hubris will be his and this crop of self serving weasels downfall.

Although, that seems a forlorn hope at the moment :(

I wonder if those that have a sudden fetish for supreme court rulings were as vocal at the illegal attempt to subvert democracy for political ends in 2019.

They even got auld Liz tangled up in their nefarious scheme. 

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/decision-of-the-supreme-court-on-the-prorogation-of-parliament/ 

No doubt the doughty organs of truth from Fleet Street would tell it straight and condemn this attack on democracy. 

EDFklxHWkAg2tQ9?format=jpg&name=small

EDFf4-sXkAA3lQA?format=png&name=900x900

EDFdN8QWsAAxrLP?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Beni

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

anyhoo back on topic what date is yon independence referendum ?

You use a lot of Scottish words for a pict pal. Just an observation👍🏼

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Beni said:

I wonder if those that have a sudden fetish for supreme court rulings were as vocal at the illegal attempt to subvert democracy for political ends in 2019.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/decision-of-the-supreme-court-on-the-prorogation-of-parliament/ 

No doubt the doughty organs of truth from Fleet Street would tell it straight and condemn this attack on democracy. 

Oh you to me are everything 

You came to us from Everton 

Oh Beni oh beni 

Best poster in the town

You slap all these Brit nut dafties down 

Oh Beni oh Beni 

4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Totally missing the point in your rush to have a dig at the SNP.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again,  you're totally missing the point , so I'll say it again. You "cite" newspapers who routinely peddle Tory/unionist/brexit lies & propaganda as though they have any credibility in any political debate .  These are the "newspapers" who where happy to back a PM who illegally prorogued parliament and lied to the queen. 

Your last sentence is utter drivel. 

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You use a lot of Scottish words for a pict pal. Just an observation👍🏼

The only thing Pict about him is his nose.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

anyhoo back on topic what date is yon independence referendum ?

Once in a generation apparently, so going by the Dundee calendar that'll be 2028 or thereabouts. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you have a link to the Supreme Court ruling on the repatriation of EU powers, Thor?

So about this parliamentary over-reach Enzo?

Where Westminster removed powers from the Scottish Parliament without discussion or without any consultation with the Scottish electorate?

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

So insults and deflection but nae date 

come on the Murrells come ahead your teas oot 

Think it's called fighting fire with fire or giving you some of your own back chum.

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So about this parliamentary over-reach Enzo?

Where Westminster removed powers from the Scottish Parliament without discussion or without any consultation with the Scottish electorate?

The powers were repatriated from Brussels, Thor. That was another myth produced by the Govanhill Grievance Factory.

Can you name me 1 single power that was under the control of Holyrood pre-Brexit, that has been removed?

Unknown user
55 minutes ago, Beni said:

Telling it how it is 😅

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The powers were repatriated from Brussels, Thor. That was another myth produced by the Govanhill Grievance Factory.

Can you name me 1 single power that was under the control of Holyrood pre-Brexit, that has been removed?

Your a man clearly all over the details so I'll leave you to do your own research on this one.

I'll give you a pointer though, the Internal Markets Bill breaks international law in 'a very limited and specific way'. Did that stop them? Naw, they rammed it through over-riding the Scottish parliament and the assemblies in NI & Wales.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Again,  you're totally missing the point , so I'll say it again. You "cite" newspapers who routinely peddle Tory/unionist/brexit lies & propaganda as though they have any credibility in any political debate .  These are the "newspapers" who where happy to back a PM who illegally prorogued parliament and lied to the queen. 

Your last sentence is utter drivel. 

The reality of the position was a wee bit more complicated than that though wasn't it. The Brexit referendum result pass mark was far too close a result given the magnitude of the consequences. Given that London/Scotland/The Civil Service/MP's were all pretty much set against it enacting this was a case of pushing water uphill and the debate dominated the political narrative for way too long. One could argue that parliament itself was failing in it's duty to deliver what they had been instructed to do by the people. Didn't help of course that the leave campaign didn't expect to win and had no plan in place for that eventuality!!

Hugely ironic that several years later we ended up with a substantially worse deal than the one Theresa May had initially proposed in an effort to find some middle ground. Alas consensual politics and the art of finding middle ground isn't fashionable these days.

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hey mind that night when you totally lost your cool and made a right arse of yourself? :laugh2:

Night zed, hope your head's ok tomorrow

That's the smart arse part of my comment covered .

Keep up the good detective work .

You boys truly own this place.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

That's the smart arse part of my comment covered .

Keep up the good detective work .

You boys truly own this place.

I'd rather be a smart arse than an angry dumb ass

1 hour ago, Beni said:

Totally agree .

There are fair comparisons with ignoring what's lawful from both governments.

And both to appease the slightly unhinged in their ranks.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'd rather be a smart arse than an angry dumb ass

Well you at least have your wish on one hand .I can assure you I wasnt angry though I am no Einstein.

Dumb ass ?

Are you American ?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Well you at least have your wish on one hand .I can assure you I wasnt angry though I am no Einstein.

Dumb ass ?

Are you American ?

Aye that's right son, I'm American.

Now, if you don't mind, there are interesting people around, cheers.

So if westminster has to give permission for another referendum does that mean the SG doesnt hold one?

It could still do so and if the result went it's way that surely would mean that westminster would have to recognise it.

Or is the latest ruling a get out for the SG for not holding another one given the closeness of polls?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Aye that's right son, I'm American.

Now, if you don't mind, there are interesting people around, cheers.

I dont mind .

You are the one who comments on my posts.

You post very little except sniping and banal questions.

Have a nice day as they say .

🙂

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Ked said:

So if westminster has to give permission for another referendum does that mean the SG doesnt hold one?

It could still do so and if the result went it's way that surely would mean that westminster would have to recognise it.

Or is the latest ruling a get out for the SG for not holding another one given the closeness of polls?

The biggest con they’ve ever pulled is that we need permission. This is supposed to be a union. We joined voluntarily so…

The SNP arent bold enough. I sometimes think they don’t want it personally. 
Theyve been hijacked by other groups imo. 

They need to crank it up.
Get the big bags of chips on all our shoulders again☺️

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

I dont mind .

You are the one who comments on my posts.

You post very little except sniping and banal questions.

Have a nice day as they say .

🙂

I absolutely will. Inhale, exhale, just got an ounce in the mail.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

The biggest con they’ve ever pulled is that we need permission. This is supposed to be a union. We joined voluntarily so…

Agreed, I've said it before, **** referendums, independence now

Just now, jack D and coke said:

It is the law .

I just wonder if the bill they tried to get through knowing it couldnt pass was strategic.

As in we need permission look what happened last time.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Ked said:

It is the law .

I just wonder if the bill they tried to get through knowing it couldnt pass was strategic.

As in we need permission look what happened last time.

Imagine having to ask the EU for permission to leave. The Brit fuds wouldve spontaneously combusted. 
Bolloks to it.