The rise and fall of The SNP.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I know it’s rather slightly stereotyping I know that ,,but it tends to be a perception some have . 

Jews would certainly have sorted an Independent Scotland by now and made it prosper financially. 😂

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Jamesy, you're on thin ice here. 

Ah I think you’re being unkind to James. He was just highlighting the perceptions. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Jews would certainly have sorted an Independent Scotland by now and made it prosper financially. 😂

Moan the Jews 😃

jack D and coke
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Ah I think you’re being unkind to James. He was just highlighting the perceptions. 

Absolutely he was. Didn’t say anything out of line. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolutely he was. Didn’t say anything out of line. 

Cheers . I thought my comments have been non controversial ( for once 😎) 😂

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

That was certainly unfortunate but the blame can’t all be put on Israel. The persecution of Jews in Europe and the appalling actions of Germany all brought this together to give us what we have today. 

Spot on Des. The fact that some people breed like rabbits doesn't help either.  Israel are more than entitled to fight against the neighbours who don't even believe they should exist.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And that ladies and gentlemen is what a 'union of equals' looks like.

2 questions that I have posed today that I have yet to have any answers to, coherent or otherwise:

1. Which powers, under the post Brexit  "power grab" that the SNP often refer to, were previously controlled by Holyrood but have been "grabbed" by WM?

2. Who was to blame for yet another illiterate piece of Scottish legislation that was ruled to have "deliberately"  been constructed to exceed the competence of Holyrood?

Answers please. 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Spot on Des. The fact that some people breed like rabbits doesn't help either.  Israel are more than entitled to fight against the neighbours who don't even believe they should exist.

Breeds like rabbits? Quite controversial statement that…

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Breeds like rabbits? Quite controversial statement that…

We need more controversial statements imo. I think, outwith the self- entitled woke brigade, most sensible people realise that, across the world, birth control is one of the main ways of reducing poverty.  Kinda common sense really.

jack D and coke
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

We need more controversial statements imo. I think, outwith the self- entitled woke brigade, most sensible people realise that, across the world, birth control is one of the main ways of reducing poverty.  Kinda common sense really.

I don’t necessarily disagree but if someone from the indy side made a statement like that I’m fairly sure you’d be all over it. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but if someone from the indy side made a statement like that I’m fairly sure you’d be all over it. 

Not sure of the relevance to Indy tbh. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not sure of the relevance to Indy tbh. 

The insinuations that if we want indy we hate English people. That we’re racist or whatever. 
Listen I’m not gonna do this cos the race thing is shit I hate it but that was a pretty controversial thing to say without context. 
A bit Winston Churchill. 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

2 questions that I have posed today that I have yet to have any answers to, coherent or otherwise:

1. Which powers, under the post Brexit  "power grab" that the SNP often refer to, were previously controlled by Holyrood but have been "grabbed" by WM?

2. Who was to blame for yet another illiterate piece of Scottish legislation that was ruled to have "deliberately"  been constructed to exceed the competence of Holyrood?

Answers please. 

You're not very good at this.

1. If you're not across the topic enough then that information is freely available. Use Google. 

2. Read back. I never said this piece of legislation didn't over reach. 

I commented on your nursing of a chubby over it. 

Jamstomorrow
10 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Inverted commas are appropriate in my opinion, they aren't governing for the best interests of the people of the "UK" (more commas for you) they are an incompetent, self serving gaggle of charlatans out for themselves and their donors...The current idiocy and refusal to accept they have got things disaterously wrong not only since brexit, don't forget this shower have been in power for over a decade and this place is still a shambles, a shambles that they want as it suits their agendas...

All of course in my opinion...

You are of course entitled to you opinion, however just about everything you mention can also be aimed at the snp.  (I suppose an exception could be the alleged snp misuse of donor funding which is currently under police investigation and suggests that the snp are certainly not out for their donors.) 

What things have the UK government got "disastrously" wrong since Brexit, in your opinion?  

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You're not very good at this.

1. If you're not across the topic enough then that information is freely available. Use Google. 

2. Read back. I never said this piece of legislation didn't over reach. 

I commented on your nursing of a chubby over it. 

I know the answer, Thor....NONE. The "power grab" claim, made by a humble crofter, was a downright lie.

I was asking the question in order to call out your claim. 

Again,  any criticism of the SNP is immediately met by a large dose of "whatabootery".

It would add a modicum of balance and credibility to your side of the argument if you would criticise the SNP once in a while. 

You know, in the same, hysterical way, criticism is made of anything Boris or the Toooaaaries do.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I know the answer, Thor....NONE. The "power grab" claim, made by a humble crofter, was a downright lie.

Again,  any criticism of the SNP is immediately met by a large dose of "whatabootery".

It would add a modicum of balance and credibility to your side of the argument if you would criticise the SNP once in a while. 

You know, in the same, hysterical way, criticism is made of anything Boris or the Toooaaaries do.

Like it or not, how shit Westminster is, and what utter wankers the Tories are, is enormously relevant. I wouldn't expect you to like it.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Like it or not, how shit Westminster is, and what utter wankers the Tories are, is enormously relevant. I wouldn't expect you to like it.

You're seriously unhinged, pal. The bitter hatred you harbour for the Tories is unhealthy.  Get some help!.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're seriously unhinged, pal. The bitter hatred you harbour for the Tories is unhealthy.  Get some help!.

I made a calm, relevant point Enzo old chap, you need to learn to relax

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I would agree but that goes both ways. You play the same game with the Conservatives. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I made a calm, relevant point Enzo old chap, you need to learn to relax

Calling ALL Tories "wankers" is calm and relevant?  Substitute "Tories" for "blacks", "gays" , "English" etc and what happens.?? There is no difference. 

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I would agree but that goes both ways. You play the same game with the Conservatives. 

I agree Des but I have criticised both Johnson and the Tories , and I'll continue to do so.

I don't agree with the removal of the £20 universal credit uplift. Everyone knew it was remporary and was never there before . But it waa an open goal and they should have made it permanent 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Calling ALL Tories "wankers" is calm and relevant?  Substitute "Tories" for "blacks", "gays" , "English" etc and what happens.?? There is no difference. 

You'll notice I capitalised the T

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All governments, parties and politicians are culpable at times including the SNP! It's the least, worst option for some.

"Chill aaaaaattt!" in a Micky Flanagan voice 😁👍

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

What I find bizarre is the slave like devotion some have for politics .

I see a bunch of inept wankers at Westminster and Holyrood .

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/brexit-uk-internal-market-act-devolution/pages/5/

A downright lie you say?

vow.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Extra powers were devolved to Holyrood.  Others have been rejected by the SNP because they "are not ready" to take them on.

You keep making the claim about "power grabs" - although I'm not sure Scot Gov are the most reliable source. 

Which powers that resided in Holyrood before Brexir, have been "taken"?

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which powers that resided in Holyrood before Brexit, have been "taken"?

The power of critical thinking.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Extra powers were devolved to Holyrood.  Others have been rejected by the SNP because they "are not ready" to take them on.

You keep making the claim about "power grabs" - although I'm not sure Scot Gov are the most reliable source. 

Which powers that resided in Holyrood before Brexir, have been "taken"?

So the Scottish government elected by the people of Scotland are not best placed to decide what powers have been taken from them on an outrageous over reach by a Tory government desperate to ram through a disastrous Brexit policy 

Do you think through any of the utter shite you post?

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So the Scottish government elected by the people of Scotland are not best placed to decide what powers have been taken from them on an outrageous over reach by a Tory government desperate to ram through a disastrous Brexit policy 

Right back at you there Thor fella. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sounds like that Malagueno sun has rendered you delirious, Thor.

For a start, neither you nor the SNP can tell me WHICH feckin powers have been taken away? Attempt No.5.

The Nats and their acolytes are great at shouting their mouths off about process and viewing everything through a tartan prism. It's as tedious and embarrassing as it is factually incorrect.

There has been NO power grab, in fact, Holyrood has had a new raft of additional powers devolved since Brexit. 

Market wide powers that were previously controlled by BRUSSELS have been repatriated to WM with many of them subsequently devolved to Holyrood. 

Some powers that affect the UK single market, the most important market to Scotland by a country mile, have to be reserved to WM.

The irony about the SNP of course is that, as they wish to join the EU, they would be handing all these powers back.

The SNP are utter charlatans, playing the self entitled, narcissistic "llook at Scotland "card time and time again. If their supporters spent as much time taking responsibility for improving their own outcomes, rather than greeting about imaginary white lines and "othering" those on the wtong side of it, the country wouldn't be in the shambolic state it is in at the moment. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

For a start, neither you nor the SNP can tell me WHICH feckin powers have been taken away? Attempt No.5.

The Nats and their acolytes are great at shouting their mouths off about process and viewing everything through a tartan prism. It's as tedious and embarrassing as it is factually incorrect.

There has been NO power grab, in fact, Holyrood has had a new raft of additional powers devolved since Brexit. 

Market wide powers that were previously controlled by BRUSSELS have been repatriated to WM with many of them subsequently devolved to Holyrood. 

Some powers that affect the UK single market, the most important market to Scotland by a country mile, have to be reserved to WM.

The irony about the SNP of course is that, as they wish to join the EU, they would be handing all these powers back.

The SNP are utter charlatans, playing the self entitled, narcissistic "llook at Scotland "card time and time again. If their supporters spent as much time taking responsibility for improving their own outcomes, rather than greeting about imaginary white lines and "othering" those on the wtong side of it, the country wouldn't be in the shambolic state it is in at the moment. 

Attempt number 5. 

I've posted you a link to a document on the Scot Gov website with the changes the internal market bill has ENFORCED onto the devolved Scottish government (as voted for by the people of Scotland in a fair democratic process) 

Now I understand that at 53 pages it's a lot of concentrating for you and there's probably a lot of very big words which you might need help with, but stick with it.

The rest of your post is the usual tired shouty wibble.  

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can you not understand that a good number of Scots don't trust Westminster? You wash over their inadequacies to have a go at the SNP and their voters of which there are many. They're still a popular party.

Who should Scots vote for? I don't trust unionist parties at all in any way. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can you not understand that a good number of Scots don't trust Westminster? You wash over their inadequacies to have a go at the SNP and their voters of which there are many. They're still a popular party.

Who should Scots vote for? I don't trust unionist parties at all in any way. 

Well exactly.

Tory? Lol

Labour? Pissed their chips, useless now

Libdems? Just getting silly

Not one of them has much credibility to the SNP voter looking around

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Attempt number 5. 

I've posted you a link to a document on the Scot Gov website with the changes the internal market bill has ENFORCED onto the devolved Scottish government (as voted for by the people of Scotland in a fair democratic process) 

Now I understand that at 53 pages it's a lot of concentrating for you and there's probably a lot of very big words which you might need help with, but stick with it.

The rest of your post is the usual tired shouty wibble.  

The copy that you posted is a document that does what it says on the tin  - deals with changes to the Internal Market Bill.  The powers - NONE OF WHICH RESIDED  with Holyrood, were repatriated from Brussels to WM. 

Thanks but I won't be reading through 53 pages of Scot Gov drivel.

Again, my last and final attempt,  NUMERO SEIS - which powers that resided with Holyrood have been "taken away"?  "Changes to the Internal Market Bill" are not a removal of powers and certainly nothing to justify you pishing your kegs over.

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

snp and credibility :facepalm:

An oxymoron if ever there were one.

The Murrells plough the money donated by the Kool Aid indy fantasists into their Portuguese property , yet still they drool over them. The Mormons haven't got a look in with this shower 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

snp and credibility :facepalm:

Who should Scottish people vote for that has more credibility? Take your time during our Scottish fervour 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Great result.

The fact Kirsty Blackman hasn't been suspended is a ****ing joke. Joanna Cherry has been subject to rape threats as a result of the SNP failing to publicly condemn the personal abuse directed her way for having a differing opinion on the trans issue - by failing to condemn its only emboldened so called activists . Blackman has publicly criticised a colleague which will only inflame the very volatile atmosphere around the trans rights/womens rights debate, this contravenes the members code of conduct. Its about as black and white a rule break as you're going to see. Then her 'apology' is an infantile attempt to further inflame the situation. Very clear they're trying to push JC out. I do wonder if these idiots are building a constructive dismissal/ hostile work environment case for her?

I remember when the SNP ran a very disciplined party and operated much more as a broad church encouraging and welcoming those with different views in the pursuit of independence. Couldn't be further from that now. Sturgeon disgusts me. Took over a united movement and has essentially done the unionists job for them.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

The fact Kirsty Blackman hasn't been suspended is a ****ing joke. Joanna Cherry has been subject to rape threats as a result of the SNP failing to publicly condemn the personal abuse directed her way for having a differing opinion on the trans issue - by failing to condemn its only emboldened so called activists . Blackman has publicly criticised a colleague which will only inflame the very volatile atmosphere around the trans rights/womens rights debate, this contravenes the members code of conduct. Its about as black and white a rule break as you're going to see. Then her 'apology' is an infantile attempt to further inflame the situation. Very clear they're trying to push JC out. I do wonder if these idiots are building a constructive dismissal/ hostile work environment case for her?

I remember when the SNP ran a very disciplined party and operated much more as a broad church encouraging and welcoming those with different views in the pursuit of independence. Couldn't be further from that now. Sturgeon disgusts me. Took over a united movement and has essentially done the unionists job for them.

I've never liked JC. Alex Salmond ran a tight ship. The UK has the poorest politicians I have ever seen and the SNP are part of that. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The copy that you posted is a document that does what it says on the tin  - deals with changes to the Internal Market Bill.  The powers - NONE OF WHICH RESIDED  with Holyrood, were repatriated from Brussels to WM. 

Thanks but I won't be reading through 53 pages of Scot Gov drivel.

Again, my last and final attempt,  NUMERO SEIS - which powers that resided with Holyrood have been "taken away"?  "Changes to the Internal Market Bill" are not a removal of powers and certainly nothing to justify you pishing your kegs over.

You've not read it. I knew you wouldn't. Therefore you've no idea what it contains. 

Given that you're not over the details, you've probably Google searched Internal markets Bill and with the excellent Google algorithms it'll have taken you to your confirmation bias havens of Mail/Express headlines or right wing websites where its nothing to see here. 

If you'd read the document you'd understand the issue with Westminster over reach.

So until you educate yourself on this you can't take your 'numero seis' and pop it where your 'numero dos' emerges. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I've never liked JC. Alex Salmond ran a tight ship. The UK has the poorest politicians I have ever seen and the SNP are part of that. 

I don't think liking or disliking Joanna Cherry has anything to do with it. No one should be subject to the level of abuse and threats she's had directed her way. Its beyond disgusting. 

To date, I believe JC has had the only victory over Boris the SNP have enjoyed, she's now a back bench MP for her troubles and a failed drama student is now the justice spokesperson :D Go figure. 

Its why I've jumped over to Alba, they might only effectively be a pressure group right now, but I have more faith in that as a vehicle to achieve Independence than a Sturgeon led SNP operating effectively student politics with little actual appetite for the stated goal of the party. We still don't have clear answers for which currency we'll be using etc. but we have managed to piss off large swathes of grass roots activists with all this GRA nonsense. Its also a great reminder to Sturgeon et al that they don't own independence, and if they won't get on with it, we'll find people who can. 

2014 is an excellent point of research for what areas need to be worked on to actually win and they've done absolutely jackshit in 7 years. Its farcical.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think liking or disliking Joanna Cherry has anything to do with it. No one should be subject to the level of abuse and threats she's had directed her way. Its beyond disgusting. 

To date, I believe JC has had the only victory over Boris the SNP have enjoyed, she's now a back bench MP for her troubles and a failed drama student is now the justice spokesperson :D Go figure. 

Its why I've jumped over to Alba, they might only effectively be a pressure group right now, but I have more faith in that as a vehicle to achieve Independence than a Sturgeon led SNP operating effectively student politics with little actual appetite for the stated goal of the party. We still don't have clear answers for which currency we'll be using etc. but we have managed to piss off large swathes of grass roots activists with all this GRA nonsense. Its also a great reminder to Sturgeon et al that they don't own independence, and if they won't get on with it, we'll find people who can. 

2014 is an excellent point of research for what areas need to be worked on to actually win and they've done absolutely jackshit in 7 years. Its farcical.

I voted Alba on the list. I have Libdems in my area, unfortunately. The brutally smarmy idiot Cole-Hamilton and Jardine. 2 absolute roasters! Hope Alba can gain some traction.

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You've not read it. I knew you wouldn't. Therefore you've no idea what it contains. 

Given that you're not over the details, you've probably Google searched Internal markets Bill and with the excellent Google algorithms it'll have taken you to your confirmation bias havens of Mail/Express headlines or right wing websites where its nothing to see here. 

If you'd read the document you'd understand the issue with Westminster over reach.

So until you educate yourself on this you can't take your 'numero seis' and pop it where your 'numero dos' emerges. 

I'm all over the detail so I know exactly what I'm talking about. So, no, I won't be reading 53 pages of biased tartan drivel.

I don't Google anything, I know what it's about and oh yes, I know exactly how the SNP grievance factory churns out CCP style misinformation, to keep the brain dead, deluded masses yanking their chains. 

If it was such a big deal for the SNP, why the feck would they hand them back to Brussels?? It's manufactured,  infantile nonsense. 

I'll repeat again, there is NO power grab. They have numerous more powers now than pre-Brexit.

They're playing the same card with their refusal to engage with the UK connectivity review and the millions that will be spent on improving arterial routes in Scotland.  Regardless of the economic benefit  improved links to N.Ireland will bring.

Boris and his party need to continue their "over reach" and land one plum on the glass jaw of the SNP that continues to shame Scotland. 

Anyway,  I'm done with your partial views so I won't try to ask you a SEVENTH time for a note of the "powers that have been grabbed".

Have a good night.

20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I voted Alba on the list. I have Libdems in my area, unfortunately. The brutally smarmy idiot Cole-Hamilton and Jardine. 2 absolute roasters! Hope Alba can gain some traction.

Its a real shame that others didn't pick up on the common sense Alba were pushing at the Scottish Parliament elections. Think they could have picked up 20 odd unionist seats. Instead, Sturgeons bloody personality cult kicked in again and 1 million votes pished up a wall to see odious folk like Douglas Ross come in. Salmond would have been rinsing Sturgeon weekly for her stuttering approach to Independence. Instead we're entirely on the timetable of an utterly unmotivated SNP. 

Edit: Quote didn't pick up for some reason 

Edited by OTT

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its a real shame that others didn't pick up on the common sense Alba were pushing at the Scottish Parliament elections. Think they could have picked up 20 odd unionist seats. Instead, Sturgeons bloody personality cult kicked in again and 1 million votes pished up a wall to see odious folk like Douglas Ross come in. Salmond would have been rinsing Sturgeon weekly for her stuttering approach to Independence. Instead we're entirely on the timetable of an utterly unmotivated SNP. 

It's crazy. My wife and daughter voted libdem as they think that smarmy idiot Cole-Hamilton does a good job as he's on Facebook! They voted SNP on the list because they liked Nicola Sturgeon! I tried to explain but obviously wasted my time 🤣

12 hours ago, OTT said:

Spot on. 

Alba may never be a huge party, but if they can hold the SNP's feet over the fire to do better - it's a job well done.