The rise and fall of The SNP.

dobmisterdobster
3 hours ago, Ked said:

What should anger people is that it was knowingly written that way.

It was no mistake.

The only ones who played politics with the rights of children were the current SG.

Their QC got ripped a new one in court because of it.

The timing of the legislation was such that the UK government was forced to issue a legal challenge right before the Holyrood election.

Really silly stuff

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

7 hours ago, Ked said:

What should anger people is that it was knowingly written that way.

It was no mistake.

The only ones who played politics with the rights of children were the current SG.

Their QC got ripped a new one in court because of it.

And the Labour, liberals and tories that voted for it in the Scottish Parliament 

7 hours ago, pablo said:

Only if you pretend that Holrood is the parliament of an independent country. But it isn't.

The Scottish government could have written the legislation in a way that that wouldn't have over stepped their reach outside the Scotland Act. But they chose not to, in order to politicise this and to amplify grievance.

The Bill will be amended and passed. But it could have been done so that children received greater protection earlier, and at no unnecessary cost to the tax payer.

It was backed by every msp, even the unionists

21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And the Labour, liberals and tories that voted for it in the Scottish Parliament 

They are not the ones governing the country.

And the SNP were warned about the legality .You can defend it all you want the fact remains that it had absolutely no chance as it wasnt lawful.

So either the government are incompetent or served by incompetent lawyers or they knew full well what could not be passed.

Are you seriously saying everyone else is to blame apart from the government?

12 hours ago, Ked said:

They are not the ones governing the country.

And the SNP were warned about the legality .You can defend it all you want the fact remains that it had absolutely no chance as it wasnt lawful.

So either the government are incompetent or served by incompetent lawyers or they knew full well what could not be passed.

Are you seriously saying everyone else is to blame apart from the government?

I've not been keeping an eye on this. But what badness have the SNP done bad that's badder than normal?

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I've not been keeping an eye on this. But what badness have the SNP done bad that's badder than normal?

Think there might be an answer for your type of question on cbbc.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Top notch and good to see he recognises his roots and gives credit to those who educated him as a child.

Have to say when I saw the main BBC article on it yesterday it said "Briton wins nobel prize" and I thought - must be Scottish! That was before I saw the name. The 'Briton' article made no reference to which part of these isles he came from. Interestingly when I checked it now says 'Scotland-born" - yesterday it just said 'Briton'

To be fair they may have published the first version before they knew his birthplace, so probably some sort of inverse prejudice on my part. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Top notch and good to see he recognises his roots and gives credit to those who educated him as a child.

Have to say when I saw the main BBC article on it yesterday it said "Briton wins nobel prize" and I thought - must be Scottish! That was before I saw the name. The 'Briton' article made no reference to which part of these isles he came from. Interestingly when I checked it now says 'Scotland-born" - yesterday it just said 'Briton'

To be fair they may have published the first version before they knew his birthplace, so probably some sort of inverse prejudice on my part. 

Well I saw the article on Facebook as Nicola Sturgeon posted it on her Facebook . Emphasising his Scottish ness ! And why not as the article clearly states he’s proud of his Scottish heritage and it got him where he is ? Unsure if he is Indy supporter though ! 😎

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well I saw the article on Facebook as Nicola Sturgeon posted it on her Facebook . Emphasising his Scottish ness ! And why not as the article clearly states he’s proud of his Scottish heritage and it got him where he is ? Unsure if he is Indy supporter though ! 😎

Indeed - he seems like a good guy, regardless of any politics. Knowing academics he probably has more to worry about with the internal politics of Universities than with governments - it's a cutthroat business.

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Indeed - he seems like a good guy, regardless of any politics. Knowing academics he probably has more to worry about with the internal politics of Universities than with governments - it's a cutthroat business.

Only been on the other side of academia 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes talking Scotland up far too much to not be. 
If he was a Brit it would all about how amazing the uk is and sly digs at how shit an area he grew up in or something. 
They’re all the fecking same. 

jambos are go!
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hes talking Scotland up far too much to not be. 
If he was a Brit it would all about how amazing the uk is and sly digs at how shit an area he grew up in or something. 
They’re all the fecking same. 

Taking his likely age into account he was educated in Scotland before devolution under unionist regimes!

3 hours ago, Ked said:

Think there might be an answer for your type of question on cbbc.

Lighten up bud! It wouldn't matter what they do, would it? The UK establishment is most greeting faced if you wish use that level. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Taking his likely age into account he was educated in Scotland before devolution under unionist regimes!

Age has nothing to do with it. I was educated in Scotland before devolution as were I’d imagine most of the posters who now troll these threads with their serious self loathing and cringe about their own. 
They used to be im as scottish as you but I believe in the union. Now some of them claim they arent even Scottish anymore cos what does that matter but remain rabid brit nuts. Some are even now back to their pictish roots :lol: 

I’ll put money on him being a good un😎

Sturgeon displaying her traditional jackboot diplomacy again, with her comment about demographics. 

No wonder Jim Sillars and Margo Mcdonald didn't rate her.  

Thankfully Boris and co are interested in making devolution work and improving transport links and the conditions for Scottish people.

Great to see money being spent over the heads of the girning, whining,  squealing shower that are running our country into the ground.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Age has nothing to do with it. I was educated in Scotland before devolution as were I’d imagine most of the posters who now troll these threads with their serious self loathing and cringe about their own. 
They used to be im as scottish as you but I believe in the union. Now some of them claim they arent even Scottish anymore cos what does that matter but remain rabid brit nuts. Some are even now back to their pictish roots :lol: 

I’ll put money on him being a good un😎

Self loathing ?

Where do you get that from ?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon displaying her traditional jackboot diplomacy again, with her comment about demographics. 

Thankfully Boris and co are interested in making devolution work and improving transport links and the conditions for Scottish people.

Great to see money being spent over the heads of the girning, whining,  squealing shower that are running our country into the ground.

Slagging Sturgeon's lack of diplomacy and mentioning Boris ****ing Johnson in the same post 🤣

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Self loathing ?

Where do you get that from ?

I don’t get if from anywhere. I self love..

:oohmatron:

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She is an erse 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

She is an erse 

The bitterness and poison seep from her. Cut from the same cloth as that foul-mouth wee gobshite Angela Rayner. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Slagging Sturgeon's lack of diplomacy and mentioning Boris ****ing Johnson in the same post 🤣

Thought you'd jump in. 

Always there ready to defend Sturgeon but of course, like all the other group thinkers, you won't be an SNP supporter.

:cornette:

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thought you'd jump in. 

Always there ready to defend Sturgeon but of course, like all the other group thinkers, you won't be an SNP supporter.

:cornette:

I'm not defending anyone, I'm laughing at you and the enormity of your hypocrisy.

jack D and coke

An Express article per chance? :lol: 

Morally repugnant is correct but it’s the paper without a shadow. 
It’s almost funny to see the headlines everytime I’m getting fuel. 
“SNP” must be burnt into its printing presses :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

An Express article per chance? :lol: 

Morally repugnant is correct but it’s the paper without a shadow. 

You've stirred the mob again JDC! They're oot with their slavering, again! Bad SNP, Sturgeon done something, Boris is magic! 🤣

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You've stirred the mob again JDC! They're oot with their slavering, again! Bad SNP, Sturgeon done something, Boris is magic! 🤣

E329CAC6-3B44-4A13-BD32-4FAC8171721A.jpeg

Hey Roxy and Jack

Not half as funny as when the First Minister tells the buttoned-up-the-back dafties, that she can't deliver another referendum as the Supreme Court says so. Still, kerching for the Murrells, eh? 🙂

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hey Roxy and Jack

Not half as funny as when the First Minister tells the buttoned-up-the-back dafties, that she can't deliver another referendum as the Supreme Court says so. Still, kerching for the Murrells, eh? 🙂

All good imo.

We need to get the big huge bag of chips back on the shoulders it’s went far too nice. 

Fuel for me. Fuel☺️

19 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hey Roxy and Jack

The sovereign people of Scotland are buttoned up the back? Slaver! I'm glad that JDC and I get on yer wick. Supreme Court, aye alright bud.

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

127B4E7B-D1A4-41D4-9021-3E661D12C233.jpeg

Knobby the Pict with yet another inciteful and edifying contribution to the discussion...

1 hour ago, pablo said:

20211007_155621.jpg

At the stroke of a pen the bill which is already part of uk law could have been passed.

5 judges.

2 scottish 1welsh 1 Northern irish and 1 english.

The lead judge ripped the QC  a new one for bringing ti court a bill doomed to fail.

This bill was fashioned by the SG .

Not to pass but to fail.

Shameful .

And anyone with an ounce of Scottish self determination should be asking why amateur politicians are heading the show.

Embarrassing .

8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Knobby the Pict with yet another inciteful and edifying contribution to the discussion...

Pot and kettle .

Try criticising the current government for an own goal 

If you really aspire to an independent Scotland raise the bar.

Because that's what we all want and what the Scottish voter will vote for.

Currently we are served up diet tory.

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Pot and kettle .

Try criticising the current government for an own goal 

If you really aspire to an independent Scotland raise the bar.

Because that's what we all want and what the Scottish voter will vote for.

Currently we are served up diet tory.

I'll not be taking posting hints and tips from you Zlatan so save your energy. 😎

49 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hey Roxy and Jack

All the usual dafties out in force to shoot the messenger.  The Supreme Court ffs, it's an unprecedented ruling in terms of it's reference to the SNP "deliberately" exceeding their legislative competence. 

Express, Times, Telegraph,  they all report it as it is.

Just to clarify; the papers, the scribes, the reporters are not at fault. Sturgeon and the Scot Gov ARE at fault.

Eventually,  you have to assume, the penny will drop with some of the acolytes and they will realise that time after time, the SNP have shown themselves to be incompetent,  bitter, grievance ridden fanatics.

Not the Mail, Express, Boris, Toaaaries, Thatcher blah blah. The SNP.

12 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I'll not be taking posting hints and tips from you Zlatan so save your energy. 😎

I dont blame you saying as you're one slice short of a loaf with the zlatan patter.

Energy in your brain is in short supply so for once you are right to save what little you have son.

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

I dont blame you saying as you're one slice short of a loaf with the zlatan patter.

Energy in your brain is in short supply so for once you are right to save what little you have son.

"son"  :lol:

#actuallyzlatanable

Unknown user
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

"son"  :lol:

#actuallyzlatanable

I literally typed exactly your first line then your post popped up, uncanny!

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Smithee said:

I literally typed exactly your first line then your post popped up, uncanny!

He's a tedious erse...I mean we can all be divs on here but he is among a select band on here who look to be contrarian or spammy with everything they post,  All. The

Time, it becomes exhausting.

To lighten the mood folks tune into That’s TV Scotland. It’s the Kenny Everett Video Show that’s on. Brilliant humour and music from the past, I rarely missed it. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All the usual dafties out in force to shoot the messenger.  The Supreme Court ffs, it's an unprecedented ruling in terms of it's reference to the SNP "deliberately" exceeding their legislative competence. 

Express, Times, Telegraph,  they all report it as it is.

Just to clarify; the papers, the scribes, the reporters are not at fault. Sturgeon and the Scot Gov ARE at fault.

Eventually,  you have to assume, the penny will drop with some of the acolytes and they will realise that time after time, the SNP have shown themselves to be incompetent,  bitter, grievance ridden fanatics.

Not the Mail, Express, Boris, Toaaaries, Thatcher blah blah. The SNP.

Lighten up bud. It's good for you 👍