The rise and fall of The SNP.

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Their obsession with Covid has to be sated somewhere so they bring their pitchforks on to here. The vast majority of people don't have a clue about the whole gender issue and don't give a toss about it. A few bampots on twitter and on here just jump on it to have a go at their favourite bogeyman/woman/person the SNP. Quite cute really 

Your devotion to independence and the SNP is such that no issue is more important than freedumb.

You might not care but parents of primary school age children WILL care about their offspring being indoctrinated by a dangerous ideology.

Seriously,  the Chief Mammy could tell all the brain-dead zealots that support her, to jump off a cliff, and off they would toddle. Quite cute really. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think it's that big a deal, my niece was a ninja for a good year, who cares? If she wants to be a ninja, she's a ninja. If she wants to be a boy, she's a boy, she can be a sausage roll next if she wants.

Let a girl be a boy if they want, they're at an age where their best friend could easily be a rock or a t shirt, stuff doesn't have to make sense yet.

I agree stuff doesn’t have to make sense at a young but I also disagree mate. A pal has two young lads and he tells me things they tell him about you cant say this to me and you can’t do that from what they learn at school. I didn’t need constant state intervention with my daughter I let her do whatever she wanted and she went through spells of wanting to play football etc even though she was awful at it. I didn’t discourage or anything even though it was torturous having to watch she was having fun. The only thing I’ve ever really imposed on her is Hearts. 
The thought she could’ve legally declared something to me at 4 just absolutely blows my mind. I just cannot see the need for this at all. Parents almost always love their kids and let them be themselves this isn’t required. Will they be letting them have gender surgery at 4 next? 

Edited by jack D and coke

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I pointed out that you don't have the first clue what constitutes a threat as someone who votes for the most dangerous party in Britain

As you have repeated with monotonous regularity.

I raised SPECIFIC issues, about dangerous, Green policies, to which you won't or are unable to respond to. 

I will leave you to your monomania. Have a good day.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I agree stuff doesn’t have to make sense at a young but I also disagree mate. A pal has two young lads and he tells me things they tell him about you cant say this to me and you can’t do that from what they learn at school. I didn’t need constant state intervention with my daughter I let her do whatever she wanted and she went through spells of wanting to play football etc even though she was awful at it. I didn’t discourage or anything even though it was torturous having to watch she was having fun. The only thing I’ve ever really imposed on her is Hearts. 
The thought she could’ve legally declared something to me at 4 just absolutely blows my mind. I just cannot see the need for this at all. Parents almost always love their kids and let them be themselves this isn’t required. Will they be letting them have gender surgery at 4 next? 

No

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think it's that big a deal, my niece was a ninja for a good year, who cares? If she wants to be a ninja, she's a ninja. If she wants to be a boy, she's a boy, she can be a sausage roll next if she wants.

Let a girl be a boy if they want, they're at an age where their best friend could easily be a rock or a t shirt, stuff doesn't have to make sense yet.

:cornette:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As you have repeated with monotonous regularity.

I raised SPECIFIC issues, about dangerous, Green policies, to which you won't or are unable to respond to. 

I will leave you to your monomania. Have a good day.

And I pointed out that you're so skewed you can't see the actual threatening elephant in the room.

Plus, the greens are no threat, unless you think the libdems were a threat when they were in coalition. Actually, you probably do, don't you.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What you talk about is something else though, I do wonder about what schools teach these days, it's the same down south. My same niece can sit a class out if she doesn't fancy it - wtf is that?

Had to laugh at the Scottish vaccine passports not being recognised in France. They really are absolutely useless at running things well.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What you talk about is something else though, I do wonder about what schools teach these days, it's the same down south. My same niece can sit a class out if she doesn't fancy it - wtf is that?

That’s probably for religious reasons is it? Dunno. That’s still all galaxies away from declaring your gender at 4 man cmon!? 

Unknown user
Just now, pablo said:

Had to laugh at the Scottish vaccine passports not being recognised in France. They really are absolutely useless at running things well.

Well, they are french to be fair

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, pablo said:

That not the NHS?

Unknown user
Just now, jack D and coke said:

That’s probably for religious reasons is it? Dunno. That’s still all galaxies away from declaring your gender at 4 man cmon!? 

Nope, just if they don't fancy it.

I don't get what the big deal is - they can legally declare their gender already, it doesn't mean anything. No passports are getting changed, no birth certificates are being modified.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

That not the NHS?

Nah, the Scottish Government in the way they have to insist on doing everything differently from England insisted on their own paper vaccine passports. Scots in France are getting turned away from places because it doesn't have a QR code. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, pablo said:

Nah, the Scottish Government in the way they have to insist on doing everything differently from England insisted on their own paper vaccine passports. Scots in France are getting turned away from places because it doesn't have a QR code. 

It’s an nhs document I have then🤷🏽‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And I pointed out that you're so skewed you can't see the actual threatening elephant in the room.

Plus, the greens are no threat, unless you think the libdems were a threat when they were in coalition. Actually, you probably do, don't you.

The Tories are in favour of economic growth and individual freedoms,  whereas the Greens are in favour of national impoverishment, state led intrusion into family life and allowing children from age 4 (FOUR) to declare their gender without their parents being informed.

I think it's clear which party is the danger. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Tories are in favour of economic growth and individual freedoms,  whereas the Greens are in favour of national impoverishment, state led intrusion into family life and allowing children from age 4 (FOUR) to declare their gender without their parents being informed.

I think it's clear which party is the danger. 

The one abusing the power

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The one abusing the power

They are not IN power in Scotland.  We've enough to worry about here with the litany of failures that the party in power have presided over. A party of sleaze from Salmond to Derek Mackay to Patrick Grady and, of course the one-woman travelling Covid roadshow that was Margaret Ferrier.

Don't forget the financial irregularities involving Michelle Thomson and Natalie McGarry 

That's a lot of "internal investigations " to sweep under the carpet.

Now they propose a coalition with a dangerous bunch of swivel eyed zealots.

"Abuse of power" you say?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are not IN power in Scotland.  

I didn't say they were. 

I am saying they have lots and lots of power over Scotland though, including what powers the Scottish government are allowed.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say they were. 

I am saying they have lots and lots of power over Scotland though, including what powers the Scottish government are allowed.

I think the Scottish govt needs to focus on using the powers they have, effectively and to the benefit of the Scottish people, before manufacturing grievances about powers they don't have.

That, to me, is the biggest abuse of power.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the Scottish govt needs to focus on using the powers they have, effectively and to the benefit of the Scottish people, before manufacturing grievances about powers they don't have.

Having read a lot on insane ramblings on this site I have come to the conclusion that yours are the most insane. I’m not sure if you are for real if or if you come on here for a giggle. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What has that got to do with it? You were implying that the Westminster Tories have no say in Scotland so they can't be a threat, it's utter nonsense. Yesterday you were acting like you'd proved my gripe with Johnson is personal because he has no influence in Scotland.

You're all over the bloody shop, do you just respond to trigger phrases or something?

Mars plastic
42 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are not IN power in Scotland.  We've enough to worry about here with the litany of failures that the party in power have presided over. A party of sleaze from Salmond to Derek Mackay to Patrick Grady and, of course the one-woman travelling Covid roadshow that was Margaret Ferrier.

Don't forget the financial irregularities involving Michelle Thomson and Natalie McGarry 

That's a lot of "internal investigations " to sweep under the carpet.

Now they propose a coalition with a dangerous bunch of swivel eyed zealots.

"Abuse of power" you say?

You are by far and way one of the best posters on here. I'd reply to your posts on the covid thread, however, I'm banned from that one.

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What has that got to do with it? You were implying that the Westminster Tories have no say in Scotland so they can't be a threat, it's utter nonsense. Yesterday you were acting like you'd proved my gripe with Johnson is personal because he has no influence in Scotland.

You're all over the bloody shop, do you just respond to trigger phrases or something?

You on the other hand.....

Although I would add that you lending that boy 100 blabbs was a tremendous gesture. I hope he ponies up with it.

Edited by Mars plastic

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Just to help you de-clutter what appears to be going on in your mind; I raised points yesterday, in response to a post about the SNP/Green coalition, an an SNP-specific thread.

YOU then brought the Tooaaries into it , as is your won't,  and proceeded to ramble about Boris Johnson and abuses of power, heists and get-away cars.

You have a real brass neck to accuse me of "being all over the shop" when you continue to avoid every issue I raised and, instead, froth about the Tories in a crusade that appears be personal and driven by class envy.

Was out with a few die hard SNP chaps yesterday and couldn’t believe how much they have lost faith with sturgeon. They are on the Alba bandwagon now 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

One person said they got turned away from one place. Disaster

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just to help you de-clutter what appears to be going on in your mind; I raised points yesterday, in response to a post about the SNP/Green coalition, an an SNP-specific thread.

YOU then brought the Tooaaries into it , as is your won't,  and proceeded to ramble about Boris Johnson and abuses of power, heists and get-away cars.

You have a real brass neck to accuse me of "being all over the shop" when you continue to avoid every issue I raised and, instead, froth about the Tories in a crusade that appears be personal and driven by class envy.

Smack down administered. BOOM.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I brought the Tories into it as you vote for them yet call the greens a threat, you don't have a clue. Really, I was questioning your ability to identify a threat.

I haven't engaged further because you're clueless and there's no point.

Mars plastic

No matter how loud the minority rabid Haggistanis shout, independence is not happening, now or ever. The thought of wee Forbes handling the LEEEEVURRRRRRZ full time and that ghastly Somerville woman running the education department fills me with utter dread. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I just realised, you think people don't engage because you've outsmarted them don't you? Mate, it's just not worth the effort, your arguments make no sense.

For example, explain again how you've established my gripe with the tories and Johnson is personal. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In your own mind, you seem to believe that on every subject matter, only "experts" should opine. You follow "the sciiieenncce" with a religious like fervour.

On this issue, I think it's safe to say that the public, collectively, has a broader knowledge and intelligence than those in the Twitter and social media obsessed, woke bubble at Holyrood. 

Clearly not as you've brought your A game of ill informed, half baked 'personal opinion' to yet another topic you know **** all about. 

Like I asked you on the covid thread, what skin do you have in this particular game that gets you so worked up?

Are you one of life's unfortunate souls where every decision taken by others effects you personally or directly or are you just at the shitehousery?

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

No matter how loud the minority rabid Haggistanis shout, independence is not happening, now or ever. The thought of wee Forbes handling the LEEEEVURRRRRRZ full time and that ghastly Somerville woman running the education department fills me with utter dread. 

And well it should fill you with dread, Mars. They have shown a staggering lack of competence in every area they control.

Only in an SNP led Scotland could we have an Education Secretary - Angela Constance at the time - describe an issue that,  and I quote word for word, "has WENT on for some time" . A feckin Education Secretary.

Now she's in charge of drugs policy, yet another area that has been completely neglected as the one eyed drive for freedumb continues on the road to nowhere. 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And well it should fill you with dread, Mars. They have shown a staggering lack of competence in every area they control.

Only in an SNP led Scotland could we have an Education Secretary - Angela Constance at the time - describe an issue that,  and I quote word for word, "has WENT on for some time" . A feckin Education Secretary.

Now she's in charge of drugs policy, yet another area that has been completely neglected as the one eyed drive for freedumb continues on the road to nowhere. 

Incredible that folk continue to vote for them en masse. I wouldn't let Sturgeon and her rag tag bunch of MP's run my bath.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I just realised, you think people don't engage because you've outsmarted them don't you? Mate, it's just not worth the effort, your arguments make no sense.

For example, explain again how you've established my gripe with the tories and Johnson is personal. 

That you back talking about the Tories again? There is a Toaarrry Baaaad thread specifically for the embittered.  I'm sure you'll have a field day on there. 👍

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Incredible that folk continue to vote for them en masse. I wouldn't let Sturgeon and her rag tag bunch of MP's run my bath.

👍

35 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I was impressed with the first minister for a while.

Not so much now .

35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That you back talking about the Tories again? There is a Toaarrry Baaaad thread specifically for the embittered.  I'm sure you'll have a field day on there. 👍

Are you a conservative voter?

I am conservative but I wouldn't vote for the current thiefs and incompetants ever.

And I am bitter about their performance.

Especially the theft during the pandemic.

You make some good arguments regarding the Scottish government but seem totally blinded about downing street.

Just now, Ked said:

I was impressed with the first minister for a while.

Not so much now .

Are you a conservative voter?

I am conservative but I wouldn't vote for the current thiefs and incompetants ever.

And I am bitter about their performance.

Especially the theft during the pandemic.

You make some good arguments regarding the Scottish government but seem totally blinded about downing street.

Yes, I am a Conservative voter but I'm not happy with their performance either.

I think Johnson is a good campaigner and has done what he was there to do; end the undemocratic impasse on Brexit that had been thwarted by various factions who simply did not respect the democratic decision of the British people.  The behaviour of politicians,  including the ostensibly neutral Speaker, for the  duration of 2019 was an absolute disgrace. Johnson got Brexit done.

However, he is a hopeless leader and needs replaced urgently.  Instead of governing by collective Cabinet consensus, decisions are made "on the hoof" by either unelected advisers, his wife, or by a small group of chosen Ministers. It's chaotic.

I think, fwiw, that he will be replaced shortly.

But my main gripe is with fawning SNP zealots who blame WM for all of Scotland's ills yet are blinded to the utter incompetence that has occurred under the SNP, ignore the sleaze, the secrecy and the scandal that is evident and fail to acknowledge the benefits of the Union. 

Without Barnett we would be fecked and had the SNP had their way, we would have been trailing along at the back of the vaccine queue as part of the shambolic EU Medicines Agency procurement programme. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

👍

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I know what you mean there’s some people who can’t function properly due to the SNP but cmon this is extremely controversial policy. Why are they constantly telling us how to live? And interfering in families lives? The named person and hate crime bills thing were bad enough. Clueless I’ll admit to being tbh and I’m all for people being who they are but someone needs to discuss this about 4 year olds being able to declare their gender for me. It’s extremely bizarre. 

The named person was indeed a gross intrusion into family like which assumed the state cared more for a child than his / her parents 

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

👍

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was out with a few die hard SNP chaps yesterday and couldn’t believe how much they have lost faith with sturgeon. They are on the Alba bandwagon now 

Yeah it seems to be quite a few now . Me included . 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I am a Conservative voter but I'm not happy with their performance either.

I think Johnson is a good campaigner and has done what he was there to do; end the undemocratic impasse on Brexit that had been thwarted by various factions who simply did not respect the democratic decision of the British people.  The behaviour of politicians,  including the ostensibly neutral Speaker, for the  duration of 2019 was an absolute disgrace. Johnson got Brexit done.

However, he is a hopeless leader and needs replaced urgently.  Instead of governing by collective Cabinet consensus, decisions are made "on the hoof" by either unelected advisers, his wife, or by a small group of chosen Ministers. It's chaotic.

I think, fwiw, that he will be replaced shortly.

But my main gripe is with fawning SNP zealots who blame WM for all of Scotland's ills yet are blinded to the utter incompetence that has occurred under the SNP, ignore the sleaze, the secrecy and the scandal that is evident and fail to acknowledge the benefits of the Union. 

Without Barnett we would be fecked and had the SNP had their way, we would have been trailing along at the back of the vaccine queue as part of the shambolic EU Medicines Agency procurement programme. 

It seems to me that a lot of people are zealots from both sides .

It doesnt help that the opposition is hopeless in both Scotland and England.

But I cannot defend at all the current Conservative party.

Too often its supporters now accept for instance the procurement of inadequate ppe .Billions not millions of pounds stolen to be blunt.

The Scottish government is also not being held to account on a variety of things.

I'm especially worried over some of the issues involving the law establishment.It is though I agree frustrating that what seems like blind loyalty means they are defended no matter what.

That is evident with conservative voters in England as well.

Just a wee side note.

I've read comments from other conservatives that Scotland cannot afford itself something you alluded to .

The UK is currently nearing a debt to gdp ratio of 100%.

And while that's higher due to covid it's been above 70% for 50 years.

Not exactly affording yourself.

And as a conservative I view the barnett formula as a sort of benefits trap.

Just think if anything to change the polarised debates need to.

I'm not having a go at you and I agree with a lot you post .

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Harsh.  V.harsh.

I wasn't "piling on", I was simply pointing out, in what I feel was a rational post, the flawed comparisons with being gay/lesbian.

This is not a case of being an "expert", nobody is, it's a question that requires a logical and common sense approach to what is a manufactured "problem" that actively seeks "victims".

Actually to be fair to KVC the trans / gender ideology is so entwined with LGB equality and rights now so it’s understandable that people often refer to gay / lesbian in the context of this issue . It’s a great tragedy IMO as it’s turning people against LGB now due to the militancy of the trans mob and some of their off the wall views . 

The militant trans community has used the LGB fight to get their views and its doing harm to LGB . They are attempting to rewrite or trans wash LGB history by declaring that trans people were at the front of the fight in the 1960s particularly the Stonewall riots of 1969 , where they now blatantly lie that it was trans who were at the fore front of the riots .  It was gay men and lesbians ( activists who had fought for years ) who were . Yes they were a couple of actual transvestites , note transvestites like Marsha P Henson ( I think that’s his name ) who DID not identify as women . They just wore women’s clothes . But guess what ? The trans militants now say they were transgender . When I have regular spats on gay face book pages about this issue !!’ 😂 the militants hate when I remind them of this very issue . 

Edited by JamesM48

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Anyone else think that Sturgeon has had her day and is heading down the path of being detrimental to the SNP?

There is little doubt about it. The stench hangs heavy on a few things for me. 

JudyJudyJudy

To be fair to Sturgeon she’s coming in for lots of criticism regarding the oil issue , but trying to stick to  her climate policy . However there are apparently over 100,000 jobs at stake ? She might be known as the Scottish thatcher for killing off these jobs . Also what about the income from this as this was meant to help the economic argument for Indy . The cynic in me might think she is sabotaging it or giving ammunition to those opposed Indy !  It’s clearly the Greens pressurising the SNP

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To be fair to Sturgeon she’s coming in for lots of criticism regarding the oil issue , but trying to stick to  her climate policy . However there are apparently over 100,000 jobs at stake ? She might be known as the Scottish thatcher for killing off these jobs . Also what about the income from this as this was meant to help the economic argument for Indy . The cynic in me might think she is sabotaging it or giving ammunition to those opposed Indy !  It’s clearly the Greens pressurising the SNP

100 000 jobs wont matter a hoot in relation to what virtually all of science is predicting and if anything it seems those predictions were a bit lacking on the speed of change.

It's interesting that Oil giants had their own research done 50 years ago and they also came to the same conclusions.

Buried the research and actively lobbied against it.

The planet will go on but it's going to be a very different existence for humanity.

We have treated the place like a bunch of old tramps.

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Ked said:

100 000 jobs wont matter a hoot in relation to what virtually all of science is predicting and if anything it seems those predictions were a bit lacking on the speed of change.

It's interesting that Oil giants had their own research done 50 years ago and they also came to the same conclusions.

The planet will go on but it's going to be a very different existence for humanity.

👍

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Yeah I seem to remember reading they were prepared for a possible “chaos theory” outcome. 
It’s hard to believe people put money before everything else. Progress they call it too. 

1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

The Greens have a neat tax policy though. It’s called ‘Theft’!

Yes, it certainly is. A "millionaires" tax of 1% on assets -,including property and pensions - penalising millions of people who have done the right thing, saved, bought property and supported themselves through pension provision, no doubt to fund hand outs to some who haven't done a day's work in their life. Theft - as you say.