The rise and fall of The SNP.

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The middle ground have mortgages, pensions and common sense. I can't see the SNP getting much change out of them, to be honest.

Who do you think put the SNP into power in such large numbers?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The middle ground have mortgages, pensions and common sense. I can't see the SNP getting much change out of them, to be honest.

I have all of those... :)

Common sense is subjective though...
:(

5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I have all of those... :)

Common sense is subjective though...
:(

Very true KvC.  👍

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha the U.K. has one of the worst pensions in the developed world, don’t think that’s something you want to highlight. 

You're talking about state pensions though. 

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Believe me, TMT, I have wondered the same for a long time.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It’s aw the smackheeds maaan. Ye canny move fur jakeys and smackheeds at they polling stations. 

The Mighty Thor
40 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s aw the smackheeds maaan. Ye canny move fur jakeys and smackheeds at they polling stations. 

That's not true. 

The esssennpeee are killing the smackheeds in record numbers. I read it on here. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's not true. 

The esssennpeee are killing the smackheeds in record numbers. I read it on here. 

:lol: 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're talking about state pensions though. 

Why do you guys act like these are insurmountable problems that no newly independent country has ever faced before? Do you think mortgage holders are going to be suddenly homeless or facing foreclosure? Are their private pensions away to disappear?

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why do you guys act like these are insurmountable problems that no newly independent country has ever faced before? Do you think mortgage holders are going to be suddenly homeless or facing foreclosure? Are their private pensions away to disappear?

Ah but,  airbases, armies and we won two woas and a world cup... John Bull etc...

jack D and coke

They better no introduce any mare drink minimum pricing pish cos I want tae git absalootly melted for 3 quid likes. I’ll be rajin if I huv tae drive tae Berwick fur it.

23 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

It's all about poverty apparently....all the expensive habits; drink, cigarettes, drugs. Obesity too....it's all down to lack of money they say. 😮

9 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

It's almost as if there hasn't been a pandemic, eh?

There has been unprecedented exposure for politicians to communicate messages on Public Health.  Non Covid issues have barely rated a mention and from all the many briefings I watched, I cant remember anything on alcohol.  

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There has been unprecedented exposure for politicians to communicate messages on Public Health.  Non Covid issues have barely rated a mention and from all the many briefings I watched, I cant remember anything on alcohol.  

that's a bit disingenuous isn't it?

There's been unprecedented exposure for politicians to communicate messages on an unprecedented virus outbreak.

Non-covid and indeed covid issues never rated a once a day TV 'mention' prior to March 2020. 

There's been consistent low-level messaging over the years on alcohol, smoking, junk foods and drugs to the point where the majority of functioning humans know that too much of any of them isn't particularly good for you.

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Just seen SNP looking to make their emergency Covid powers permanent.

You'll find the SNP fanboys on here will either ignore this totally, hoping it can be swept under same rug as failing education standards and increase in drug deaths.

The only other excuse will be to blame Tories and Westminster.

No justification for this at all, except they love the power and don't want to give it up. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Non-covid and indeed covid issues never rated a once a day TV 'mention' prior to March 2020. 

We never had a lockdown prior to then.  In the last 18 months there have been major changes to the way we live and a restricted availability of various services.

It doesn't take a medical expert to expect that will have a knock on effect to other health issues.  Use of alcohol being one of them - even with pubs closed for long periods of time.

The Mighty Thor
51 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

We never had a lockdown prior to then.  In the last 18 months there have been major changes to the way we live and a restricted availability of various services.

It doesn't take a medical expert to expect that will have a knock on effect to other health issues.  Use of alcohol being one of them - even with pubs closed for long periods of time.

So to clarify;

In the tradition of this thread, is this an essennpee bad thing or not?

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So to clarify;

Of course! :(

The fact that during the worst of lockdown and along with furlough people were basically sitting getting smashed... That's on them not the government (of any hue).

Easier for Candy to try (and fail)  to be clever and blame the Essenpee.

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So to clarify;

Its a "could've done better", both for the Scottish and UK Govts.

16 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The fact that during the worst of lockdown and along with furlough people were basically sitting getting smashed... That's on them not the government (of any hue).

I'm all for personal responsibility.  Its a principle that more people could do with observing.

That doesn't give Govt. a free pass though.  There have been countless briefings by politicians and medical advisers, as well as adverts in the media.  There was very little - if anything - mentioned about non-covid issues. 

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ah is that who that is :lol: 

The old name changes but the posting styles and underlying messages remain and you wonder lol. 
Old Tripper will still be here somewhere I’m sure of it. Never recovered from the beamer he had to take on his Salmond thread. 

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Its a "could've done better", both for the Scottish and UK Govts.

I'm all for personal responsibility.  Its a principle that more people could do with observing.

That doesn't give Govt. a free pass though.  There have been countless briefings by politicians and medical advisers, as well as adverts in the media.  There was very little - if anything - mentioned about non-covid issues. 

Soooo,  you and our cadre of SNP bad zealots (word used in jest) wouldn't have been moonhowling about "Krankie the Kontrol Freak"  had she started basically saying "Gonny no drink too much, cos it's bad for you"?

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ah is that who that is :lol: 

The old name changes but the posting styles and underlying messages remain and you wonder lol. 
Old Tripper will still be here somewhere I’m sure of it. Never recovered from the beamer he had to take on his Salmond thread. 

Yeah,  I also see that Zlatanable may have made a covert (not really) comeback...

What was the deal with Trapper?

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Soooo,  you and our cadre of SNP bad zealots (word used in jest) wouldn't have been moonhowling about "Krankie the Kontrol Freak"  had she started basically saying "Gonny no drink too much, cos it's bad for you"?

To be fair, she shut all the pubs and clubs and banned house parties .

What more could she do?

Anyway , not sure why they need to make all these powers permanent.

How long did it take to close the schools when they wanted ?

A day?

they asked them to shut, and they did.

not sure what the new legislation brings to the table.

More power for the sake of it.

11 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Just seen SNP looking to make their emergency Covid powers permanent.

Just been reading about this… now i admit I’m no the brightest but part of these powers they want to keep is the early release of prisoners, so can someone explain to me how someone should be let out early due to Covid next year? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No, that's an assumption you've made and incorrect one.  Education on public health is important.

The use of rhetoric like "moonhowling" says more about you than me.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

No, that's an assumption you've made and incorrect one.  Education on public health is important.

The use of rhetoric like "moonhowling" says more about you than me.

It's a fairly safe assumption give the performance of a few of you.

LOL after your performance last night I'm sure I'll be fine

#whatabout

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yeah,  I also see that Zlatanable may have made a covert (not really) comeback...

He started the Salmond thread and kept it going for a year and done victory laps on it all that time, so convinced he was. 

Was FAF.
What a beamer he got :lol: wasn’t seen on his own thread for a few weeks claiming he’d been banned🤥

I’ll bet he’s lurking but can’t face the ripping as Tripper :lol: 

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The midnight gobshite can change his name but not his patter

Why aren’t any of the SNP hardcore on here acknowledging the utterly dreadful possibility of the government being allowed to keep the emergency powers permanently. Bury your head in the sands all you want but this is the biggest power grab from the people I have ever witnessed yet they are going for it. 

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I knew it was an old face but hadn't stopped to think about who yet, good catch

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why aren’t any of the SNP hardcore on here acknowledging the utterly dreadful possibility of the government being allowed to keep the emergency powers permanently. Bury your head in the sands all you want but this is the biggest power grab from the people I have ever witnessed yet they are going for it. 

I'm not clear on the powers that they want to retain, however, wasn't one of the major complaints centered around the delay in locking down?

I guess as one poster above stated, it depends on the mechanism for implementation.

The Devil will be in the detail.

All the above is posted in relation to another pandemic or similar.

doctor jambo
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They don’t care.

Independence at all costs.

SNP are a benign friendly entity.

It can all be sorted out once Indy has been achieved.

Rhe SNP would not be guaranteed power in an Indy Scotland.

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They don’t care.

Independence at all costs.

SNP are a benign friendly entity.

It can all be sorted out once Indy has been achieved.

Rhe SNP would not be guaranteed power in an Indy Scotland.

:sleepy: Opinion presented as fact, the last line apart.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I'm not clear on the powers that they want to retain, however, wasn't one of the major complaints centered around the delay in locking down?

I guess as one poster above stated, it depends on the mechanism for implementation.

The Devil will be in the detail.

Imagine it being tricky for a govt to close businesses and schools and lockdown it’s own populace in its home’s under threat of arrest.

Tartan Taliban

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Imagine it being tricky for a govt to close businesses and schools and lockdown it’s own populace in its home’s under threat of arrest.

Tartan Taliban

Almost a full house, just need a Krankie...

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Almost a full house, just need a Krankie...

The last line was a jest.

The rest is unarguable fact.

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The last line was a jest.

The rest is unarguable fact.

Unarguable fakt in your (and a few others on here 👀) oPiNiOn 🙈 :)

43 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If they don't care about the SNP advising schools that 4 year olds can change their gender without informing the parents. If they don't care about the highest level of drug deaths in the developed world. If they don't care about the race hate Bill potentially making Scots criminals in their own homes for things said in private.. If they don't care about the blurring of the lines between government and the justice system.....(we could be here a while.......)

Then they're not going to care about something as trivial as our democratic rights.

It's a great question you ask. Although I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

If they don't care about the SNP advising schools that 4 year olds can change their gender without informing the parents. If they don't care about the highest level of drug deaths in the developed world. If they don't care about the race hate Bill potentially making Scots criminals in their own homes for things said in private.. If they don't care about the blurring of the lines between government and the justice system.....(we could be here a while.......)

Then they're not going to care about something as trivial as our democratic rights.

4 year olds can't change their gender, they can say "I'm a girl" if they want. I think people have got caught up in the term Legally declare - I can legally declare I'm a sausage, I haven't changed into a sausage.

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

4 year olds can't change their gender, they can say "I'm a girl" if they want. I think people have got caught up in the term Legally declare - I can legally declare I'm a sausage, I haven't changed into a sausage.

Not even a silly one?

There are loads of them on here... You could start a band...

Ron Burgundy
16 minutes ago, pablo said:

It's independence regardless for the hardcore.

Personally Scotland being independent to me would not bother me in the slightest. It's how its achieved and at what cost.

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What if the law says nobody is allowed to mention you are not a sausage , or previously identified as a pie?

people were always allowed to call themselves whatever they wanted.

that is a freedom previously afforded to all.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

What if the law says nobody is allowed to mention you are not a sausage , or previously identified as a pie?

people were always allowed to call themselves whatever they wanted.

that is a freedom previously afforded to all.

Where does it say nobody is allowed to mention it?

Minority rights and being ultra progressive is all they care about even when it is highly inappropriate, intrusive and offensive to family life. 

Edited by JackLadd

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If I had a 4 year old saying that they wanted to be a "girl/boy" while in school, I'd want to know about it so I could talk to them about what's going on. That's what parents do.

Keeping it a little secret between the child and the school is sinister as. File alongside the failed NPA......yet again the SNP in thrall of transgender identity ideology, are eroding the rights of parents. 

No doubt something else that you don't care about?