• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think I'm getting trolled by a 12 year old. Genuinely. :rofl:

:lol:

My 9 year old...

Cat has a better grasp of English than him...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My 9 year old...

I'm leaving the poor guy alone  now. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm leaving the poor guy alone  now. 

The kindest thing to do...

WoolfordsHearts

I have a look on this thread now and again.

The last (at least) six posters need to get out for a walk or get back to work imo.

So much seethe.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

The last (at least) six posters need to get out for a walk or get back to work imo.

So much seethe.

Good point,  well made

:)

57 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My 9 year old...

You could move into the two bed static with Nano, take your long suffering moggy with you (aka the brains of the outfit).

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

You could move into the two bed static with Nano, take your long suffering moggy with you (aka the brains of the outfit).

Are you doing the festival pal ? 

48 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

So much seethe.

If directed at me I am getting quite phlegmatic regards Krankies and hope Boris gives you the ref you want asap. Let's get this done. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think I'm getting trolled by a 12 year old. Genuinely. :rofl:

The Mighty Thor

The SNP's awful run continues with the holding of Airdrie/Shotts.

The people of Scotland have spoken again (and again and again and again) 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

When’s the referendum ? 

Probably a difficult one for you boys. 

Do you have it early and risk the wave of support for independence or do you delay it and let the dossier of sleaze, criminality and ineptitude of Johnson and his cronies build even more?

Tough one, particularly as the bullshit from last time won't work this time round.

I suspect arses will be twitching in Downing Street. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Probably a difficult one for you boys. 

Do you have it early and risk the wave of support for independence or do you delay it and let the dossier of sleaze, criminality and ineptitude of Johnson and his cronies build even more?

Tough one, particularly as the bullshit from last time won't work this time round.

I suspect arses will be twitching in Downing Street. 

It’s a difficult one for both sides. Other than leave one Union to join another I’m  sure what the argument will be from the independence side that’s different from the last time. With the country split so closely its a never ending disaster for either side. 

Ron Burgundy
33 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

When’s the referendum ? 

The bottom line is this.

Not for a long, long while. The millionaire's on both sides who run the parties don't want one no matter how much gum bumping the plebs do.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s a difficult one for both sides. Other than leave one Union to join another I’m  sure what the argument will be from the independence side that’s different from the last time. With the country split so closely its a never ending disaster for either side. 

Direction of travel.

Scotland and England are on different paths, we always have been in reality, but that divergence is picking up pace. WM Governments like the current one exacerbate it and the lack of a credible opposition means they'll be in power for decades. 

The break down of the United Kingdom is inevitable.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Scotland and England are on different paths, we always have been in reality, but that divergence is picking up pace. WM Governments like the current one exacerbate it and the lack of a credible opposition means they'll be in power for decades. 

BBC Question Time last night (i know it's awful i just came across it and they had started asking Indie related questions) is a prime example of divergence and general ignorance of people in the South.

The lack of knowledge about Scotland by people in the Zoom audience was breathtaking. We even had one old English lady sitting in a wood panelled room suggesting her village should consider going Indie. Whenever any discussion from Kate Forbes took place she would laugh and mock throughout. 

Blind Unionism laughing and mocking Scots will drive more people towards Indie. 

Posters on here going on about the Krankies or denying reality will also push more people towards it.

There's middle ground to be found and people need to wake up that change is required.

Direction of travel.

Always seems like we have some sort of excuse for independence with no real substance. The cause/blame the s generally aimed at England and/or Westminster. I haven’t heard or seen a single thing that suggests anything will change for the better for the ordinary family. If anything the way our country and even more specifically our city is run but the quality of msp’s and councillors everything points to a shambles. 

Pipe down there is no plan we just want to be rid of Westminster seems to be the thinking. 

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

BBC Question Time last night (i know it's awful i just came across it and they had started asking Indie related questions) is a prime example of divergence and general ignorance of people in the South.

The lack of knowledge about Scotland by people in the Zoom audience was breathtaking. We even had one old English lady sitting in a wood panelled room suggesting her village should consider going Indie. Whenever any discussion from Kate Forbes took place she would laugh and mock throughout. 

Blind Unionism laughing and mocking Scots will drive more people towards Indie. 

Posters on here going on about the Krankies or denying reality will also push more people towards it.

There's middle ground to be found and people need to wake up that change is required.

There's plenty pearl clutching 'old ladies' on this thread (personally think they're shite trolls and WUMs)

We're different peoples from different countries that share an island, that's the top and bottom of it. 

The model, the glue that 'holds us together' is outdated, it went along with Victoria and the empire. 

There's no way a modern, social democracy should be aspiring to be shackled to a country that actively votes in a bunch of insular, racists. In fact we don't. Hence the electoral outcomes in the last 20 years. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Pipe down there is no plan we just want to be rid of Westminster seems to be the thinking. 

To be fair - in order to have Indy ref 2 there needs to be a clear pathway to having/arranging the vote.

In the interim period providing an Indie plan would be incomplete and require multiple changes - if they'd had a plan pre covid it would now have to be revised and opponents would clearly state "they are constantly changing things" 

IMO - i am ok with there being no full plan at the moment. There's no vote yet, it will not happen for at least 3yrs. I expect to see some plan 12-18months out. 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Always seems like we have some sort of excuse for independence with no real substance. The cause/blame the s generally aimed at England and/or Westminster. I haven’t heard or seen a single thing that suggests anything will change for the better for the ordinary family. If anything the way our country and even more specifically our city is run but the quality of msp’s and councillors everything points to a shambles. 

That's it in a nutshell

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

To be fair - in order to have Indy ref 2 there needs to be a clear pathway to having/arranging the vote.

In the interim period providing an Indie plan would be incomplete and require multiple changes - if they'd had a plan pre covid it would now have to be revised and opponents would clearly state "they are constantly changing things" 

IMO - i am ok with there being no full plan at the moment. There's no vote yet, it will not happen for at least 3yrs. I expect to see some plan 12-18months out. 

I don’t need a full plan either to be honest but ffs give us something. How will things be better ? Free from Westminster or Getting a government I voted for doesn’t cut it for me. 

I’m ok with another referendum also because although incredibly close I think it will be no again but also I can accept the result whatever that may be. Those that want Independence will just want another and another until they get there way. Complete wasted energy when our elected government should be spending the time sorting out their abysmal record and actually make the country better. 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There's plenty pearl clutching 'old ladies' on this thread (personally think they're shite trolls and WUMs)

We're different peoples from different countries that share an island, that's the top and bottom of it. 

The model, the glue that 'holds us together' is outdated, it went along with Victoria and the empire. 

There's no way a modern, social democracy should be aspiring to be shackled to a country that actively votes in a bunch of insular, racists. In fact we don't. Hence the electoral outcomes in the last 20 years. 

Yeah we are not different from the EU countries we don't share a border with and Sturgeon wants to hook up with

Edited by Maroon Sailor

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Yeah we are not different from the EU countries we don't share a border with and Sturgeon wants to hook up with

The 2 unions are in very little way similar.

Fundamentally, independence is about being that, a sovereign independent country.

It was the biggest lie of the EU referendum that the UK wasn't an independent sovereign country.

Edited by DETTY29

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You of course missed the fundamentals. 

Hook up with is very different to being run by/dictated to. 

But of course you knew that. 

The Mighty Thor
34 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I don’t need a full plan either to be honest but ffs give us something. How will things be better ? Free from Westminster or Getting a government I voted for doesn’t cut it for me. 

I’m ok with another referendum also because although incredibly close I think it will be no again but also I can accept the result whatever that may be. Those that want Independence will just want another and another until they get there way. Complete wasted energy when our elected government should be spending the time sorting out their abysmal record and actually make the country better. 

I understand your viewpoint and respect your position. 

Can you contextualise 'their abysmal record' for me when we've had decades of a Governor general running Scotchland 

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You of course missed the fundamentals. 

Hook up with is very different to being run by/dictated to. 

But of course you knew that. 

Knew what ?

Do you know what an iScotland would look like ?

JudyJudyJudy

I can just imagine what an Indy thread will be like when a date is called in 2034 ! 😂 car crash 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I can just imagine what an Indy thread will be like when a date is called in 2034 ! 😂 car crash 

The SNP heirarchy can moan all they want about a referendum but even they don't want one right now. Only when have a clear majority which could be years if at all would they risk another defeat . That's what makes all this bickering so pointless. It's not happening any time soon, if it ever does.

And personally, I couldn't care less if they held one tomorrow. Without a credible plan they know it's doomed.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Knew what ?

Do you know what an iScotland would look like ?

you're trying to conflate the current set up, where we are not self governing or autonomous and have no choice in who runs our country, making the major decisions, from 600 miles away with an independent Scotland choosing to join a trading group of it's own free will.

Like I said, you knew that already. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

you're trying to conflate the current set up, where we are not self governing or autonomous and have no choice in who runs our country, making the major decisions, from 600 miles away with an independent Scotland choosing to join a trading group of it's own free will.

That's just political speak.

You've been Sturgeonised

Maroon Sailor

A republic can be run from Glasgow. Have your own wee Republic of Western Scotland parliament and trade deals with the EU and be free from Westminster. Then you can all live life happily ever after.

Scotland is divided on Independence so why not deliver a divided Scotland ?

Everybody gets what they want then.

Mars plastic
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Didn't realise Westminster was in Paris. Every day a school day and all that.

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Didn't realise Westminster was in Paris. Every day a school day and all that.

About the same distance as Brussels from Holyrood.

Hope they have enough money to pay for the lecky for keeping the light on for Scotland

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's just political speak.

You've been Sturgeonised

Mind when Britain had to go to Brussels to ask permission for a vote to leave?

No, me neither. That's how similar the 2 situations are, and I find it hard to believe that you're not smart enough to get the massive difference

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Much sand. Many vaginas.

I'd heard the amount of sand was falling but there seems to be more than ever 🤔

Mars plastic
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

About the same distance as Brussels from Holyrood.

Hope they have enough money to pay for the lecky for keeping the light on for Scotland

Was it the sniveling rat Smith who delivered that line? 

PapaShango

Never going to be a referendum for at least 20+years. Sturgeon knows it and all she has done is whip up the anti English sentiment among her cult. Looking forward to her tears when she has no room for manoeuvre in getting what she wants. The majority in the country don't want a referendum and if we did becoming independent then god help us.  

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Never going to be a referendum for at least 20+years. Sturgeon knows it and all she has done is whip up the anti English sentiment among her cult. Looking forward to her tears when she has no room for manoeuvre in getting what she wants. The majority in the country don't want a referendum and if we did becoming independent then god help us.  

That's certainly words

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's certainly words

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Did the SNP not win the majority of the votes up here. The SNP vote is actually up on the last election.

And those that did vote SNP again knew full  well that indy2 was also what they were voting for. The SNP vote was UP since the last election up here..

This first past the post shire was a Tory think tank idea and then made law by Tories in power. If the Lib Dems had a hand in this to then feck em..

186302561_765653040809988_7029744133758372878_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Was it the sniveling rat Smith who delivered that line? 

He might have but guess who also said it?

Ms Sturgeon reiterated the SNP's call for an independent Scotland to join the EU.

Tweeting a picture of the words Europe and Scotland attached by a love heart, she said: "Scotland will be back soon, Europe. Keep the light on."

Swahili Jambo
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He might have but guess who also said it?

Ms Sturgeon reiterated the SNP's call for an independent Scotland to join the EU.

Tweeting a picture of the words Europe and Scotland attached by a love heart, she said: "Scotland will be back soon, Europe. Keep the light on."

Couldn't be better really, independent and back with our European brothers and sisters.  Tick tock

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Couldn't be better really, independent and back with our European brothers and sisters.  Tick tock

Tick tock to what ?

No choice who runs our country or doesn’t make decisions ?

Assume you mean except Sturgeon making decisions on economy, education, health, justice, rural affairs, housing, environment, equal opportunities, consumer advocacy and advice, transport and taxation ? 

No wonder independence is actually a thing if that’s the train of though amongst her supporters. 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tick tock to what ?

Tick tock as in only 1/3 of the electorate voted snp and green so that means we're going to be independent. Err...tick tock.