Pereira

parwj

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

My mistake, it was the first goal. See below... 

Halkett moves out to the left of the picture to shut down the attacker, Irving is tracking back but should have continued his run in behind Halkett into the box to cover for him. He's not quick enough getting back for me - if he's in the space behind Halkett it makes the cross a lot more difficult, maybe even impossible if he blocks it, then Perreira doesn't need to attempt a save. 

AICH.JPG

I've noticed a few times Irving doesn't track back enough.  He certainly doesn't bust a gut to do it, even if he is the one that loses the ball.

He's young and still learning.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I've noticed a few times Irving doesn't track back enough.  He certainly doesn't bust a gut to do it, even if he is the one that loses the ball.

Completely agree and I'm very happy with him overall - don't get me wrong. He is young and learning, but this is something he needs to learn pronto.

28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Completely agree and I'm very happy with him overall - don't get me wrong. He is young and learning, but this is something he needs to learn pronto.

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I don't think pace is a  part of his game. Irving is about composure, skill and vision imo, which is why I'd like to see him further forward as a number 10. 

3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Can he play in goal?

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I don't think pace is a  part of his game. Irving is about composure, skill and vision imo, which is why I'd like to see him further forward as a number 10. 

I dunno, Naismith is probably our closest thing to a number 10 and he's not putting him out the team. I see him more as a number 8 / Gerrard / Lampard type of player - pinging passes around from the middle of the pitch and pulling the strings. There's a "box to box" element in any central midfield role but maybe he doesn't quite have the stamina for that yet which is why he's not always tracking back when he should; I mean he is still built like a wee boy... 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I dunno, Naismith is probably our closest thing to a number 10 and he's not putting him out the team. I see him more as a number 8 / Gerrard / Lampard type of player - pinging passes around from the middle of the pitch and pulling the strings. There's a "box to box" element in any central midfield role but maybe he doesn't quite have the stamina for that yet which is why he's not always tracking back when he should; I mean he is still built like a wee boy... 

Naismith certainly fills the No 10 role at the moment but he's often our furthest forward attacker, see his goal against St J.

Fair enough on your No8/Lampard/Gerrard point. 

However the point I want to make is that before he established himself as a first choice midfielder Irving was being criticised by some on here for not tracking back. That would be like criticising the likes of Pirlo for not sprinting 50 yards to cover a break down the wings. If he did that he wouldn't be in the right places to do the things he does best and he would be knackered before half time.

Goalie

RB                CB                       CB                LB

RM                    Dm                            LM

Irving                                                                        

Boyce         Naismith

Oh! built like a wee boy?😃

Edited by upgotheheads

16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Naismith certainly fills the No 10 role at the moment but he's often our furthest forward attacker, see his goal against St J.

Fair enough on your No8/Lampard/Gerrard point. 

However the point I want to make is that before he established himself as a first choice midfielder Irving was being criticised by some on here for not tracking back. That would be like criticising the likes of Pirlo for not sprinting 50 yards to cover a break down the wings. If he did that he wouldn't be in the right places to do the things he does best and he would be knackered before half time.

Goalie

RB                CB                       CB                LB

RM                    Dm                            LM

Irving                                                                        

Boyce         Naismith

Oh! built like a wee boy?😃

Yeah I get what you're saying, and I do quite like the look of that formation :D 

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Don't start him tonight 

I'm. Surprised he got a start tonight to be honest. Thought Bobby has done enough to get his chance. 

1 minute ago, Restonbabe said:

I'm. Surprised he got a start tonight to be honest. Thought Bobby has done enough to get his chance. 

He starting? 

It's a difficult situation and prob the right call to back Pereira.  We have 3 goalies likely to make errors, so may as well just stick with one.  I like Bobby but he's had plenty chances. 

Hërtždäft!!

With JP in goal we start every game with 1 or 2 goals down doesn't command his area and causes uncertaintie amongst the defence 

Edited by Hërtždäft!!

Horrific keeper but it’s alright as he’s a good sweeper 🙈 absolute clown that’s going to relegate us at this rate. 

Edited by Russ1977

chester copperpot

His positioning for both goals was terrible.

Good finish from Burke but look at his scrambling for the first goal. 

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

If it was a one-off occurrence then forgivable, but these errors are a constant.

I dislike keepers who always punch balls rather than catch. Never sure where a punched ball will end up.

Going to my bed.

Edited by Tasavallan

Looked like ducked for the 3rd goal.  Horrendous keeper.  We simply must play Zlamal till the end of the season.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Just now, Lovecraft said:

This better be his last game for us.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761150ec1f39800c936f43

If Stendel wants to keep us up it will need to be. 

All 3 of our keepers are shite but we need a guy who can actually stop a shot. As things stand if you get a shot on target against us 9/10 you WILL score. 

Bobby or Doyle. Pereira is offensively bad.

Captain Lithuania

If I was him I’d be mysteriously injured till the end of the season. The more games the ***** plays the less likely he is to even get a contract from anyone. 

Pereira needs to be sent back to Manchester at our earliest convenience.  

Preferably before Full Time tonight would be good.

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

If Stendel wants to keep us up it will need to be. 

All 3 of our keepers are shite but we need a guy who can actually stop a shot. As things stand if you get a shot on target against us 9/10 you WILL score. 

Bobby or Doyle. Pereira is offensively bad.

Looks like that's what Killie were thinking with Bropy's free kick.

Just shoot AT him.

No idea how this guy can be in the books of Man Utd? Can only assume he’s around 400th choice, somewhere behind Stevie Wonder and Aron Ralston. 

andfultons baggio

Will never sniff a game for Man U. Sheer folly to be relying on a loanee in a key position to keep us up. Looks incapable of stopping a shot. Thought would look to strengthen a key position and Colt with decades of GK coach experience in Germany would have people in mind. Seriously worrying and never thought I'd say this but bring back Bobby!

There was a fantasist posting the other night saying it’s not his fault and he will have the best career out of any hearts keeper. 

hopefully this puts the whole ‘we need a sweeper keeper‘ bull shit to bed. Get someone in who can bloody save a shot then we might just have half a chance.

cardboardcutout

DS picks him whilst seeing what we see? I’m not convinced by DS at all and still cannot see shape and organisation in our team, we need to score 3 to draw it seems! Who/what do we blame now?

On 04/02/2020 at 07:30, PB21 said:

I guarantee Periera has a better career than probably all GKs Hearts have ever had. He’s still very young, people forget that. He will learn from mistakes.

🤨