• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

Captain Canada

I just watched the highlights and he was even worse than I imagined having read other comments. 

A lot of basics are missing from his game. Hopefully our days of getting rotten loan players from Man U are over. Mitchell was awful in his second spell. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I just watched the highlights and he was even worse than I imagined having read other comments. 

A lot of basics are missing from his game. Hopefully our days of getting rotten loan players from Man U are over. Mitchell was awful in his second spell. 

Where is he now?

Zlamal for me. I'm just not sure about him either. Manager doesn't fancy Doyle. Is there any one else on the books? Bollocks Perrera it is then. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Its not even that bad compared with Bobby and Doyle's mistakes this season, he deserves to keep his place.

Bobby just gives everyone the jitters. 

Jp is probably the best we have and tbh I'd take Doyle over Bobby, Bobby is just far too "unorthodox" for me. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobby just gives everyone the jitters. 

Jp is probably the best we have and tbh I'd take Doyle over Bobby, Bobby is just far too "unorthodox" for me. 

Well I’ll tell you that says so much about the recruitment under the previous regime. All three of them amongst the very worst I have seen between the sticks in the sixty plus years in have followed this club. As bad as Kurkis and you have to go back to Brian Wilson to find worse.  This has to be addressed in the summer. Personally I’m shocked that nothing was done to rectify it in this window.

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Craig Nelson and tepi were bad. 

So was enckerman or whatever his name was. 

But not as bad as any of the three we have just now.

Edited by Deevers

It’s the first thing Stendel has gotten wrong since he came here IMO. Not addressing the keeper situation could have massive consequences.

Optimistic hat on - it could be the difference between our push for top 6 or bottom 6 obscurity.

Pessimistic pants on- could be the difference between staying up and going down!

Poor at the first goal in that he was slow to move his feet

Poor at the second goal with chocolate hands and even the penalty was not the greatest of attempts to save though you find it difficult to blame a keeper not saving a penalty

Zlamal is clearly the better keeper and too much made of this sweeper keeper nonsense

You sign a keeper to make saves and the bonus is if he is good with his feet

It's the constant punching the ball back into play.  Catch it, and if you can't, make sure it goes towards the sidelines, not back into the box. 

We were very lucky not to go 4-2 down from a flap, and even with the halfway line effort, he somehow managed to not catch the ball!! 

Pish. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Well I’ll tell you that says so much about the recruitment under the previous regime. All three of them amongst the very worst I have seen between the sticks in the sixty plus years in have followed this club. As bad as Kurkis and you have to go back to Brian Wilson to find worse.  This has to be addressed in the summer. Personally I’m shocked that nothing was done to rectify it in this window.

We may have tried. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

But not as bad as any of the three we have just now.

Yes there were. 

Hamilton was worse as well. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes there were. 

Hamilton was worse as well. 

All a matter of opinion, however you have to go back a long way before you can think of worse.  Hamilton was poor no doubt about that, but not as bad as any of the three imposters vying for the no 1 spot just now. 

5 minutes ago, savage said:

His ridiculous save from mays long range effort was embarrassing

It is like he is scared of the ball. Flaps at it in case it hits his face or something. 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

All a matter of opinion, however you have to go back a long way before you can think of worse.  Hamilton was poor no doubt about that, but not as bad as any of the three imposters vying for the no 1 spot just now. 

Hamilton was shite. I'd put him behind all of the current 3.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hamilton was shite. I'd put him behind all of the current 3.

Agreed, however he was at least able to pull off a save or two unlike the present incumbent between the sticks. I can’t think of one useful stop he has made.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

CJGJ you stick to table tennis, Bobby is a mare.

As is Pereira I'm afraid and if you are asking me who the better shot stopper is it is Bobby by a good bit

That said his competition is of a low level and it hardly makes him top class

Both of them are like playing table tennis with the old pimple bats compared to the proper Mark V rubber..always going to struggle

One position that we should have gone all out to fill especially if Gordon was not coming

A_A wehatethehibs

He is like Jack Hamilton with good feet. Seems to panic whenever the ball comes near him, distribution is the only decent aspect of his game. 

I’d be tempted to change to Zlamal but it’s just not really an improvement. A slightly better shot stopper tbf but not great. 

Seymour M Hersh

He seems to have a very poor technique when it comes to making saves. Wants to punch everything even shots that should be easily caught. At one point (I think the long range effort) his arms looked like they were crossed and again with nobody within 40 yards he punched it (after a fashion) straight back into the danger zone. 

He's been poor but he must have something about him.

Scouted by Manchester United and has played for Portugal from under 15 level through every age group up to under 21. 

Sorry, Switzerland up to under 17's before making the switch to Portugal.

Must be some awful judges of a goalkeeper's ability out there.

Or is it just that all the good judges are on here?

* Not a Haiku.

2015– Manchester United 1 (0)
2015–2016 Rochdale (loan) 6 (0)
2016–2017 Belenenses (loan) 8 (0)
2018–2019 Vitória de Setúbal (loan) 9 (0)
2019 Kortrijk (loan) 0 (0)
2019– Heart of Midlothian (loan) 18 (0)

Sam Luckhurst, chief Manchester United writer for sister title Manchester Evening News gave Edinburgh Live the inside view on the Jambos’ new stopper.

“It would be remarkable if Pereira ever plays for United again,” he assessed. “He was handed an obscene four-year contract in 2017 and has been farmed out on loan ever since.

“Jose Mourinho, being Portuguese and quite fond of goalies due to his dad's career, was a bit one-eyed with Pereira when, realistically, he was never going to make it at United.

"In the same summer he signed that deal, Sergio Romero signed a four-year contract and then the 35-year-old Lee Grant came in last year. That's all without mentioning De Gea, who's agreed a six-year deal. Or Dean Henderson, who recently committed. Pereira is, in the goalkeeping pecking order, sixth-choice.

"Pereira has had some forgettable loans and his most fruitful period was arguably at Rochdale, which was nearly four years ago. He has decent ability but has always been a bit hesitant at set-pieces and could get knocked about by the bruisers in Scotland.

“If he excels at Hearts he'll have overachieved, seeing as he's not played semi-regular British football for over three-and-a-half years and is bound to be quite ring-rusty.

“He's a bubbly bloke, though, and a pleasant lad, so you'd hope he'll settle in confidently.”

For more Hearts content, like our Hearts Live Facebook page

To receive one WhatsApp message a day with Edinburgh Live's headlines, as well as breaking news alerts, text NEWS to 07899067815. Then add the number to your contacts as 'Edinburgh Live'.

For more stories from across the Edinburgh area like our  Facebook page , or follow us on  Twitter  and  Instagram . You can also subscribe to our Hearts newsletter: enter your email in the blue box at the top of this article

Edited by CJGJ

Nelly Terraces

The long range effort the guy tries to catch him off his line that he over dramatically punches out the way back into danger. Genuinely WTF???

An utter car crash keeper that can never play for us again. The defence must be shitting it with this geezer behind them.

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The long range effort the guy tries to catch him off his line that he over dramatically punches out the way back into danger. Genuinely WTF???

An utter car crash keeper that can never play for us again. The defence must be shitting it with this geezer behind them.

Aye let's get one of our other 2 keepers back in, that'll work wonders for the defender's confidence.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, graygo said:

Aye let's get one of our other 2 keepers back in, that'll work wonders for the defender's confidence.

Both of them are pish (cheers Levein!), but this bloke is off the scale. Makes Zibi look like Dino Zoff.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Both of them are pish (cheers Levein!), but this bloke is off the scale. Makes Zibi look like Dino Zoff.

Zlamal until the end of the season then. 

cardboardcutout

Peraira is not good enough and I’m sure our defence and DS know that! Possibly there’s a condition to his loan such as if he’s fit he plays or he’s recalled? Bobby is scary but I can’t believe he wouldn’t have stopped a good few of our recent concessions! We’ll just have to hope we survive until May.

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:
2015– Manchester United 1 (0)
2015–2016 Rochdale (loan) 6 (0)
2016–2017 Belenenses (loan) 8 (0)
2018–2019 Vitória de Setúbal (loan) 9 (0)
2019 Kortrijk (loan) 0 (0)
2019– Heart of Midlothian (loan) 18 (0)

Sam Luckhurst, chief Manchester United writer for sister title Manchester Evening News gave Edinburgh Live the inside view on the Jambos’ new stopper.

“It would be remarkable if Pereira ever plays for United again,” he assessed. “He was handed an obscene four-year contract in 2017 and has been farmed out on loan ever since.

“Jose Mourinho, being Portuguese and quite fond of goalies due to his dad's career, was a bit one-eyed with Pereira when, realistically, he was never going to make it at United.

"In the same summer he signed that deal, Sergio Romero signed a four-year contract and then the 35-year-old Lee Grant came in last year. That's all without mentioning De Gea, who's agreed a six-year deal. Or Dean Henderson, who recently committed. Pereira is, in the goalkeeping pecking order, sixth-choice.

"Pereira has had some forgettable loans and his most fruitful period was arguably at Rochdale, which was nearly four years ago. He has decent ability but has always been a bit hesitant at set-pieces and could get knocked about by the bruisers in Scotland.

“If he excels at Hearts he'll have overachieved, seeing as he's not played semi-regular British football for over three-and-a-half years and is bound to be quite ring-rusty.

“He's a bubbly bloke, though, and a pleasant lad, so you'd hope he'll settle in confidently.”

For more Hearts content, like our Hearts Live Facebook page

To receive one WhatsApp message a day with Edinburgh Live's headlines, as well as breaking news alerts, text NEWS to 07899067815. Then add the number to your contacts as 'Edinburgh Live'.

For more stories from across the Edinburgh area like our  Facebook page , or follow us on  Twitter  and  Instagram . You can also subscribe to our Hearts newsletter: enter your email in the blue box at the top of this article

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-goalkeeper-joel-castro-10429520

For balance.

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Castro Pereira backed to be Reds' next star

1 minute ago, graygo said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-goalkeeper-joel-castro-10429520

For balance.

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Castro Pereira backed to be Reds' next star

In fairness, that is 4 years ago. Think I'll go with the more recent view and from what we've seen.

He's ****ing murder.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Funny enough, Doyle is probably the least "unorthodox" or "flamboyant" out of the 3, but he's like a 5/10 for everything, pretty poor all round but then Bobby would be like a 8/10 for shot stopping but 1/10 in the stable stakes. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Funny enough, Doyle is probably the least "unorthodox" or "flamboyant" out of the 3, but he's like a 5/10 for everything, pretty poor all round but then Bobby would be like a 8/10 for shot stopping but 1/10 in the stable stakes. 

There's no doubt we have 3 shite keepers but for me, if we are to continue with the high pressing game then Pereira has to play and we need to hope we score more than the opposition.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, graygo said:

There's no doubt we have 3 shite keepers but for me, if we are to continue with the high pressing game then Pereira has to play and we need to hope we score more than the opposition.

We also have to hope the opposition hit every shot straight at Pereira for him to have a chance of saving them, even then those that do will be parried back into the danger area. 

7 hours ago, graygo said:

I think Pereira needs dropped otherwise it looks OK to have some poor games in a Stendel team.

Bobby is just as bad but Pereira’s confidence is shot so he is going to keep making sillier mistakes.

What’s with constantly beating the ball back into the danger zone? Can you imagine what the score would’ve been if that was Celtic we played on Saturday?

CL didn’t half leave us with a big bag of shite when it came to goalkeepers.

From the North Stand at May's long ranger I thought it looked like he just turned round at the right time and it snacked off his napper.

Watching the highlights by pushing out the ball that again he could have caught, was worse.

Edited by DETTY29

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But if you scouted him properly you’d see these weaknesses in his game. I can well imagine that we signing him ‘because he’s a Man Utd player’

He was never scouted he was offered to us by a contact in Man Utd  ... it followed a call a few days after another Bobby horror show and we were told they had the back up keeper to De Gea who needed game time and  could we help.  At the time it was win win.  Kinda sums up Man Utd as well. 

21 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

He was never scouted he was offered to us by a contact in Man Utd  ... it followed a call a few days after another Bobby horror show and we were told they had the back up keeper to De Gea who needed game time and  could we help.  At the time it was win win.  Kinda sums up Man Utd as well. 

Blind belief by Levein and co at that point.