Pereira

parwj

I've see some pretty bad keepers in my 40 years+ following Hearts but Joel is up there with the worst. Half of our goals conceded are because he can't catch the bloody ball.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

The poorest between the sticks since Brian Wilson.  All very well being able to play a pass,  but the main task is to stop shots and he is chronically poor at doing that. Hate to say it but I would actually prefer to see Bobby in there.

I’d have Zlamal in for the remainder of the season. Yes, he’s not much better than Pereira but at least he makes meaningful saves every now and then. Something I can’t recall Pereira doing this season.

Any shot at him has a higher chance of going in, routine saves are not routine with him, crap, That second goal yesterday ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

The poorest shot stopper I've ever seen at Hearts. It feels like his save ratio is about 50%! Will maybe get one more chance but that was awful yesterday.

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Time for Doyle? 

Thought he got told to leave? His heart might not be in it now.

Bobby we can trust to try 100% but he’s so unpredictable when he needs to do something that isn’t save a shot. 

5 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

I’ve defended the boy but **** me that was brutal

Shot stopping over sweeping every time for me it's the basics really 

Everyone has got there own opinions and quite rightly so but as far as I'm concerned it's great to have a keeper that can  pass a ball out comfortably but a defence have to be confident in there keeper as any defender that's played the game on any level will know, I just can't see our defence having much confidence in Pereira imo .

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Must be GKs unattached that can actually save shots ffs 🙈

Any out of contract keepers worth a punt ?

14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Time to give Zlamal a chance. This guy is an absolute clown.

Never seen a goalie with such poor handling and shot stopping ability (apart from Kurskis obviously.)

He dances around like an idiot and pretty much never looks like he's able to save anything on target.

An empty jersey. How the hell did this guy get Man United to sign him?

Is it too late to sign Craig Gordon. 

cardboardcutout

Craig Gordon could have his contract cxxld by Sellik then we could sign him,but I doubt lennon would agree to that!

5 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Craig Gordon could have his contract cxxld by Sellik then we could sign him,but I doubt lennon would agree to that!

No he couldn't. Contract would have to have been cancelled before the end of the transfer window. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, parwj said:

Any out of contract keepers worth a punt ?

Someone put a link to out of contract players the other day, there’s about 100 GKs on this list.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Torwart&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Edited by Pasquale for King

AllyjamboDerbyshire

He's no sweeper keeper, more like a keeper sweeper. In other words, he's not a keeper who's good with his feet, he's an outfield player who wears gloves. For a lightweight guy, he dives 'heavy', literally like a sack o' tatties, with his dive not reaching further than the length of his outstretched body. Not bad enough to be blamed for the first two goals, but I reckon that both McLaughlin and Gordon (and every other keeper of their quality) would save these shots 7 times out of 10 (probably better) but Periera would be lucky to save them just once.

People on here are saying they would have caught the shot from SM have obviously never played between the sticks, ROFL.

Yes, JP isn't a GK but most actual GK's would have dealt with that effort in a similar manner.
Running back towards your line then turning to back peddle and parrying the ball is the done thing, for one you catch it and run the risk of ending in the net along with it so you use common sense..
Yes he is murder and yes needs dropped but come on...

Bobby between the sticks on Wednesday with no Berra in front of him no doubt will make his job easier, he ain't the answer either but undoubtedly is the best shot stopper we have.. 

Edited by NLTFTh

Dusk_Till_Dawn

All I’d say is this - Pereira is not good enough but he won’t be the reason we go down if we do.

And anyway, we’re not going down. Stendel is slowly easing his magic meatstick into the SPL’s clunge.

Sort our the keeper in the summer.

Bazzas right boot

Bobby isn't the answer. 

He makes everyone nervous. 

Makes mistakes as well. 

Is worse than Jp at cross balls and passing to boot. 

Jp is our best option atm, unfortunately. 

I really can't recall him making a save of any note in his time here tho, that is troubling. 

We'll likely clear out our goalies in the summer and get 2 new ones. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

People want Zlamal back!!! His decision making is awful. He cost us the cup final and can’t pass the football 

If Zlamal is back then we have to abandon the high press because any ball in behind will cause chaos. 

Joel is terrible at saving shots but he is the best we’ve got. He can come off his line and pass the ball. We just need to get better at avoiding shots on goal from now till May. Then bring in a better keeper

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, R1874 said:

People want Zlamal back!!! His decision making is awful. He cost us the cup final and can’t pass the football 

If Zlamal is back then we have to abandon the high press because any ball in behind will cause chaos. 

Joel is terrible at saving shots but he is the best we’ve got. He can come off his line and pass the ball. We just need to get better at avoiding shots on goal from now till May. Then bring in a better keeper

Agreed, chaos just sums Bobby up. 

You can feel the nervous from the stands that he causes. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

The more I see him I wonder how the **** he is a professional goalkeeper. 

At Manchester Utd to boot. 

Baffling. 

Can’t start again for us.

Must have started 20 games now and I honestly can’t remember a single save he’s made I’d even describe as decent.

The other two are equally pish so undoubtedly we need to look at free agents and bin all three in the summer 

15 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Time to give Zlamal a chance. This guy is an absolute clown.

Never seen a goalie with such poor handling and shot stopping ability (apart from Kurskis obviously.)

He dances around like an idiot and pretty much never looks like he's able to save anything on target.

An empty jersey. How the hell did this guy get Man United to sign him?

Jose signed him probably just because he’s Portuguese 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Jose signed him probably just because he’s Portuguese 

Jose didn't sign him but it was a good effort bud 👍

Stupid Sexy Flanders

A few weeks ago there was a thread about Jack Hamilton and I posted that he was a good shot stopper. A couple of other posters slated me for it, as if shot stopping is a given for a goalie, clearly it's not! 

(I'm not suggesting we re-sign Jack Hamilton or anything.)

He's was decent last week against the Rangers and plenty where singing his praises, never get this JKB obsession with slagging off players, you'd think people would learn after the disgusting things said about Sean Clare. 

Oh well, we carry on unbeaten. 

2 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

A few weeks ago there was a thread about Jack Hamilton and I posted that he was a good shot stopper. A couple of other posters slated me for it, as if shot stopping is a given for a goalie, clearly it's not! 

(I'm not suggesting we re-sign Jack Hamilton or anything.)

Hopefully people have seen sense now and realise signing Gordon at the end of the season is a no-brainer 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Hopefully people have seen sense now and realise signing Gordon at the end of the season is a no-brainer 

We need an as good as we can afford sweeper keeper as that is fits with the style of play Stendel is trying to promote.

I mean we all love Craig 'n that, but he is very much yesterday's man. Still a very good keeper though.

Pereira is worse than bobby. Maybe even Doyle too.

Here's the highlights of weekend. Aside from the goals watch the other shots.

He is hesitant and doesn't commit when he comes out. He rarely holds but when he parries its usually straight back into the danger zone.

A very sketchy keeper. these clips alone are pretty damning

23 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

We need an as good as we can afford sweeper keeper as that is fits with the style of play Stendel is trying to promote.

I mean we all love Craig 'n that, but he is very much yesterday's man. Still a very good keeper though.

Make them better. That's why we employ a coach. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Pereira is worse than bobby. Maybe even Doyle too.

Here's the highlights of weekend. Aside from the goals watch the other shots.

He is hesitant and doesn't commit when he comes out. He rarely holds but when he parries its usually straight back into the danger zone.

A very sketchy keeper. these clips alone are pretty damning

Symptomatic of a manager and a recruitment department who couldn’t spot a good player to save their lives.

Fortunately, Stendel knows the score and knows what we need.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Symptomatic of a manager and a recruitment department who couldn’t spot a good player to save their lives.

Tbf, Jp is a man Utd player. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, Jp is a man Utd player. 

But if you scouted him properly you’d see these weaknesses in his game. I can well imagine that we signing him ‘because he’s a Man Utd player’

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s worked it out so quickly it’s like he’s been watching us for the past year and a bit.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But if you scouted him properly you’d see these weaknesses in his game. I can well imagine that we signing him ‘because he’s a Man Utd player’

My point was more that man Utd scouted him,  can thier recruitment dept not "spot a good  player to save thier lives" either?

Anyway, continued point scoring aside, he's not good enough by he's probably still more competent than the other 2 we have.