• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Disco Ball said:

He was never scouted he was offered to us by a contact in Man Utd  ... it followed a call a few days after another Bobby horror show and we were told they had the back up keeper to De Gea who needed game time and  could we help.  At the time it was win win.  Kinda sums up Man Utd as well. 

What they never told Levein though was that there were four other keepers ahead of him as back up to De Gea.

I am sure after his performances for us Man Utd will be punting him.

On 01/02/2020 at 17:07, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Explain how please. 

As I understand it both Hearts and Craig Gordon were keen on a move but Lennon put the kybosh on it.

Changed my mind about him after Saturday. I've defended him quite a lot, had faith, kept thinking that he - like Clare for example - will build his confidence up under Stendel and will ultimately improve. But nah, it's not happening. He's just not a good enough shot-stopper and I can't help but think that if Bobby for example was in goals at the weekend, we might not have conceded those first two goals and that we'd be looking at a completely different result. 

Looking forward though... There's a young German keeper Timon Wellenreuther whose contract is up at Willem II at the end of the season. He's been teammates with both Avdijaj at Willem II and Langer at Schalke, and I would assume is known to Stendel and vice-versa. I'd love to see us make an ambitious move to sign him on a pre-contract. 

I think that Man Utd are taking the p*** out of us or should I say Levein when they offloaded Joel on to us, they probably are running down his contract and getting him out of the way for a while with us paying a bit of his wages, same scenario when we had Mitchell from them, wonder what he's doing now? I'm now beginning to think is our wee Man City loanee going to go the same way, hope not.

our goalies are cack ! ................ We are unfortunately stuck with them until the end of the season.

Edited by One five

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Still think Doyle is the best of the 3.

Christ,  this position needs a massive upgrade.

I honestly cant make up my mind who is the best out of the 3 !they are just mince.

Edited by One five

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, One five said:

I honestly cant make up my mind who is the best out of the 3 !

Choosing who is the best out of those three is about as pointless as asking one of the the three blind mice how many fingers I'm holding up

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

He’s absolutely brutal.

A decent goalie and we win that match.

This. 

Just now, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Choosing who is the best out of those three is about as pointless as asking one of the the three blind mice how many fingers I'm holding up

So true 😂

On 02/02/2020 at 23:16, graygo said:

There's no doubt we have 3 shite keepers but for me, if we are to continue with the high pressing game then Pereira has to play and we need to hope we score more than the opposition.

Why..just because he can kick a ball !!..he's leaking goals because he can't make saves..when will people stop backing him just because he's okay with a ball at his feet and because you seem to think Stendel is somehow infallible..he's not and this alone proves it. I take it we can criticise a manager if he makes a mistake and no one can surely deny this is a mistake.

I want a goalkeeper not a sweeper and we should play the best keeper not sweeper keeper.

We should have made a keeper the priority along with a striker and lets hope we don't pay for it

25 minutes ago, One five said:

I honestly cant make up my mind who is the best out of the 3 !they are just mince.

I'm not saying it with any confidence. It may be that it was just longer for me to remember Doyle's last bombscare!

13 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

As I understand it both Hearts and Craig Gordon were keen on a move but Lennon put the kybosh on it.

Wee ginger p....k !🤮🥾

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Well we know he will never be picked as he was told he could leave in the window

38 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I’d rather play one of the three blind mice in goal for us. Couldn’t be any worse than JP.

Jambo, Goodbye
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’d rather play one of the three blind mice in goal for us. Couldn’t be any worse than JP.

Imagine the headlines if we won...

"Hearts play a blinder!'

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

2 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Imagine the headlines...

"Hearts play a blinder!'

🤣🤣🤣🤣or 

Stevie the wonder moose makes a  blinding save. JP Surplus to requirements like the other two numpties.

Too many numpties have cost us dear, both this season, last season and the cup final. Daniel has it sussed though and knows who he wants in and out. Will maybe take two windows till he has his own team. Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻

Why is it that every team we play against has a better goalkeeper than us, every team in the lower divisions that I've watched on TV has a better better goalkeeper than us, even non league teams down south that I've watched in English cup games, guess what, has a better goalkeeper than us, the only exception being Jack Hamilton, now there was a real nightmare, but what the heck is that goalkeeping coach of ours actually doing at training, does he know what he is supposed to be doing at training? he probably shrugs and says 'What do you expect, I can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'.

1 hour ago, One five said:

Daniel should just pick one out of a hat everyweek. 

In fairness to Periera, yes he should’ve done better with at least one of the 2. However the fault can’t just lie with him, what about all the players involved in the build up to the goals? Souttar falling on arse leading upto first one. The space they got for the second one. blame Halkett for giving away a stupid penalty! Could’ve meant different results. Many many things contributed to Saturday, not just the keeper!

Also watch the goals back, the pitch is woeful, Especially For the first one, it causes keeper issues. 

it’s the hardest position on the pitch to play for sure so keepers will always get the blame but some of our outfield players were a joke leading upto the goals! 

Looks like keeper is new boo boy for sure, suppose always had to find someone especially as Clare is now starting to perform. 

48 minutes ago, PB21 said:

In fairness to Periera, yes he should’ve done better with at least one of the 2. However the fault can’t just lie with him, what about all the players involved in the build up to the goals? Souttar falling on arse leading upto first one. The space they got for the second one. blame Halkett for giving away a stupid penalty! Could’ve meant different results. Many many things contributed to Saturday, not just the keeper!

Also watch the goals back, the pitch is woeful, Especially For the first one, it causes keeper issues. 

it’s the hardest position on the pitch to play for sure so keepers will always get the blame but some of our outfield players were a joke leading upto the goals! 

Looks like keeper is new boo boy for sure, suppose always had to find someone especially as Clare is now starting to perform. 

This is a thread about the keeper not Halkett, Clare or Souttar   Regardless of how the opponents get in a position to have a shot at goals, its the keepers job to try and stop the ball at that stage.   The state of the pitch had FA to do with it.

Joel has consistently been poor.  His positioning is terrible, he doesn't move his feet quick enough and the ball just seems to go through his hands.  A good keeper stops the first two on Saturday and probably reads May's penalty run up better. 

He can pass the ball though

13 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

This is a thread about the keeper not Halkett, Clare or Souttar   Regardless of how the opponents get in a position to have a shot at goals, its the keepers job to try and stop the ball at that stage.   The state of the pitch had FA to do with it.

Joel has consistently been poor.  His positioning is terrible, he doesn't move his feet quick enough and the ball just seems to go through his hands.  A good keeper stops the first two on Saturday and probably reads May's penalty run up better. 

He can pass the ball though

Watch goals back. State of pitch plays a part.

GK gets blame for penalty as well? Aye ok. 

I guarantee Periera has a better career than probably all GKs Hearts have ever had. He’s still very young, people forget that. He will learn from mistakes.

Edited by PB21

Cannot defend Pereira at the second and others have pointed out what lead to the first, but I would attribute blame to the first two. Can’t blame him for the third as it was a penalty, but why keepers don’t just stay central in general at penalties still annoys me.

Pereira is in loan, if Stendel trusted the others they would play. If he had a signing that he wanted to make that was available in January it would’ve happened. Stendel’s whole philosophy is risk and reward, and it’s no different in this position. Stendel blamed the defending, not Pereira for the draw. We know he can be brutally honest, so he wouldn’t have shown Pereira any mercy if he truly believed he alone was the reason for the draw.

The manager obviously believes that the opposition will have less opportunities if we have more possession and when we don’t have it we win it back high up the pitch. It’s difficult to retain possession if you’re not confident in passing back to the keeper or when you do the just lump it up the park, out of the park or worse straight to the opposition. That’s why he picks Pereira. He tried playing Zlamal and brought Pereira straight back in. He won’t extend the loan I think it’s pretty safe to say, but I don’t think Pereira will be dropped any time soon and he’ll get a number of keepers in the summer that can play the way he wants as well as shot stop.

Have to re-iterate I’m not defending Pereira, he’s had too many woeful errors that it’s odd he’s even considered. But with the manager’s way of playing I can see the merits when it comes to risk/reward. On a much, much lesser scale this is like Joe Hart getting benched at Man City when Guardiola came in. The attacking philosophy trumps all.

Portable Badger
8 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Three fingers?

Edited by Portable Badger

17 minutes ago, PB21 said:

I guarantee Periera has a better career than probably all GKs Hearts have ever had. He’s still very young, people forget that. He will learn from mistakes.

I was at the game and have seen the goals back.  His severe lack of ability is the reason we lost the first two (that's not to say there were not outfield errors of course)

The penalty, GK's are not expected to save, but the shape of May's run up indicated it was not going where he dived.  Maybe it was just a lucky guess on my part that I thought it was telegraphed for going down the middle.  Hopefully Joel starts to get lucky like that.

He'll soon be a genius if he learns from his mistakes.  He is an awful, awful goalkeeper.  Your "guarantee" that he will have a better career than the likes of Craig Gordon or Anti Niemmi is quite frankly laughable. 

28 minutes ago, PB21 said:

I guarantee Periera has a better career than probably all GKs Hearts have ever had.

I will still be laughing at this post in 20 years time.

Its a classic.

3 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I was at the game and have seen the goals back.  His severe lack of ability is the reason we lost the first two (that's not to say there were not outfield errors of course)

The penalty, GK's are not expected to save, but the shape of May's run up indicated it was not going where he dived.  Maybe it was just a lucky guess on my part that I thought it was telegraphed for going down the middle.  Hopefully Joel starts to get lucky like that.

He'll soon be a genius if he learns from his mistakes.  He is an awful, awful goalkeeper.  Your "guarantee" that he will have a better career than the likes of Craig Gordon or Anti Niemmi is quite frankly laughable. 

That’s your opinion its laughable the careers. All entitled to them. Just like your comments about him having lack of ability is also laughable. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

Its a classic.

Good.

bit like 95% of the posts on JKB, most people will laugh at in 20 years. 

I've been watching Hearts since 1984 and Joel is the worst Hearts keeper I've seen....and I endured Craig Nelson.

Simple fact of the matter is that good keepers make good save and great keepers make great saves.  Poor keeps make neither and that's Joel.

6 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I've been watching Hearts since 1984 and Joel is the worst Hearts keeper I've seen....and I endured Craig Nelson.

Simple fact of the matter is that good keepers make good save and great keepers make great saves.  Poor keeps make neither and that's Joel.

He's not as bad as Kurskis or flapjack.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Costanza said:

Doyle is more traditional than the other 2.

Not as eccentric as Bobby and at least makes a save now and then. 

Jp is like a a gk from sensible soccer, anything 2 yards to the side of him goes in. 

Bobbie reminds me of Stallone in "escape to victory" 

Doyle is just not very good. 

3 hours ago, PB21 said:

Agree with most of this actually. He's still got to do better with the shots that get through, but yes his defence and sometimes midfield have failed to deal with simple defensive situations, leaving him exposed and attending to shots that should never have been. 

At St J's second goal, where Souttar fell out wide, Halkett ran out to cover for Souttar but Irving failed to drop back to cover for Halkett. He was jogging slowly back towards the 18 yard box, and when Halkett went out to cover for Souttar, a short burst of pace from Irving was all that was needed to get him into a position to defend the next ball. If he does that, its not as easy a ball into the box, and maybe he even blocks or intercepts it - meaning JP possibly doesn't even have a save to make.

What about giving Harry Stone a chance against Falkirk? Too risky to play him in the league I think, but this is a cup game that we should win quite comfortably so if he was to let in a goal or two we could surely claw a couple back (you'd think..!)... 

Shouldn't boo him though. Don't think anyone has been, but that's only going to make things worse. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Its a classic.

I had to re-read it a few times to check if I was seeing things. It’s an absolute belter 😂

2 hours ago, PB21 said:

He is a goalkeeper who DOESN’T SAVE SHOTS!

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with most of this actually. He's still got to do better with the shots that get through, but yes his defence and sometimes midfield have failed to deal with simple defensive situations, leaving him exposed and attending to shots that should never have been. 

At St J's second goal, where Souttar fell out wide, Halkett ran out to cover for Souttar but Irving failed to drop back to cover for Halkett. He was jogging slowly back towards the 18 yard box, and when Halkett went out to cover for Souttar, a short burst of pace from Irving was all that was needed to get him into a position to defend the next ball. If he does that, its not as easy a ball into the box, and maybe he even blocks or intercepts it - meaning JP possibly doesn't even have a save to make.

What about giving Harry Stone a chance against Falkirk? Too risky to play him in the league I think, but this is a cup game that we should win quite comfortably so if he was to let in a goal or two we could surely claw a couple back (you'd think..!)... 

Shouldn't boo him though. Don't think anyone has been, but that's only going to make things worse. 

You can pick the bones out of every goal ever scored. Fact of the matter is opposition teams are going to have shots at some point in a game no matter what the outfield players do. The second goal on Saturday is bread and butter for any professional goalkeeper - let alone one employed by Man United (somehow!). There is no way that shot should end up in the net. Lettuce wrists and its happened far too often this season. 

8 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

You can pick the bones out of every goal ever scored. Fact of the matter is opposition teams are going to have shots at some point in a game no matter what the outfield players do. The second goal on Saturday is bread and butter for any professional goalkeeper - let alone one employed by Man United (somehow!). There is no way that shot should end up in the net. Lettuce wrists and its happened far too often this season. 

Totally agree. Bread and butter saves as you say. But in the same way, getting back and covering for a centre back who drops out wide is bread and butter for a defensive midfielder. 

I thought we could get to the summer with him and be okay.

Not now. Second goal he should have saved.

First goal I'm not too sure about and hardly any keeper stays central on a penalty.

He saves the second one and I dont think we start to fold. We probably go on to win the match.

He fits our system better than the other two but his wrists are made of candyfloss and he doesn't move his feet quick enough. 

I'm sure in the summer DS will get a good keeper that fits our style. 

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally agree. Bread and butter saves as you say. But in the same way, getting back and covering for a centre back who drops out wide is bread and butter for a defensive midfielder. 

Yeah understood. However, I've just watched the second goal back and Irving was closest to Liam Craig on the half way line when Craig played the ball 40 yards for Stevie May who laid it off for the lad who scored. It was Naisy, not Irving, who was chasing the lad who scored and wasn't able to get close enough to affect play. No way irving would make up that ground. I would cut the outfield players some slack on this as they are the ones getting used to how Stendel wants to play. They're having to cover more ground and get used to being in areas of the pitch they may not have been under Levein. In terms of the goalie though nothing much has changed for him, he still has shots to save and still isn't saving the ones he should.

Captain Canada

My English team is Sheffield United and the gulf in class between their on-loan Man Utd keeper (Dean Henderson) and ours is unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

My English team is Sheffield United and the gulf in class between their on-loan Man Utd keeper (Dean Henderson) and ours is unbelievable. 

Yeah, there is an argument that Henderson is the best keeper Man United have on their books altogether now.

I think the problem is with dropping Pereira (if the rumours are to be believed) is that if he doesn't start, we have to pay a hefty amount of his wages, 50% of his 12k a week. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I think that Man Utd are taking the p*** out of us or should I say Levein when they offloaded Joel on to us, they probably are running down his contract and getting him out of the way for a while with us paying a bit of his wages, same scenario when we had Mitchell from them, wonder what he's doing now? I'm now beginning to think is our wee Man City loanee going to go the same way, hope not.

Both clubs have taken the piss, they’re only going to give us players they think we might or other teams at our level they might buy. We should maybe look at guys like Dunne because he’s been the only guy worth taking. Meshino has scored some good goals and won us points but away from home especially the league is too fast and physical for him, he’s not going too make it it down there either. 

3 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Yeah, there is an argument that Henderson is the best keeper Man United have on their books altogether now.

Great shot stopper but I've seen him make some howlers as well. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Yeah understood. However, I've just watched the second goal back and Irving was closest to Liam Craig on the half way line when Craig played the ball 40 yards for Stevie May who laid it off for the lad who scored. It was Naisy, not Irving, who was chasing the lad who scored and wasn't able to get close enough to affect play. No way irving would make up that ground. I would cut the outfield players some slack on this as they are the ones getting used to how Stendel wants to play. They're having to cover more ground and get used to being in areas of the pitch they may not have been under Levein. In terms of the goalie though nothing much has changed for him, he still has shots to save and still isn't saving the ones he should.

I think we need Smith or Langer in there to drop back and help the CHs. Having watched the game now Clare didn’t make many actual mistakes at RB, compared to others, but kept wandering infield. It might be better to put Sibbick at RB and Clare where Henderson was as his goal showed we might need him more central. It really was an alarming bad defensive performance on Saturday by the defence and midfield, Naismith was visibly dropping deeper and deeper before being moved back into midfield. I think Stendel will make a few changes for Wednesday.

Captain Canada
35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Great shot stopper but I've seen him make some howlers as well. 

He's had a couple of bad errors this season but also has 9 clean sheets this season which I believe is the most in the Premier League. Not bad at all for a newly promoted team. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He's had a couple of bad errors this season but also has 9 clean sheets this season which I believe is the most in the Premier League. Not bad at all for a newly promoted team. 

True. He's a good keeper. Probably should be Englands no. 1.

All goalies make mistakes though. 

Good keepers usually don't make silly wee mistakes. Likke getting a full hand to a ball and it going right through them, good keepers make massive **** ups when they do make a mistake. 

I consider that Becker at Liverpool to be the best keeper I've ever seen. He's like Buffon but with better distribution. If he makes a mistake, it's usually a shocker, like coming out of his box and miss timing it or getting caught on the ball. Rarely will he ever make a handling error or let a shot go through him. Lloris, De Gea, Neuer, are the same. It's usually just a concentration error or a moment of madness but they are consistently solid. 

Where as you get guys like Pickford, Hart or Pereira who make stupid mistakes all the time, every game, most they get away with but it Bites them in the ass every few games. That's what separates the best from the rest imo. 

1 hour ago, Flaps_98 said:

My mistake, it was the first goal. See below... 

Halkett moves out to the left of the picture to shut down the attacker, Irving is tracking back but should have continued his run in behind Halkett into the box to cover for him. He's not quick enough getting back for me - if he's in the space behind Halkett it makes the cross a lot more difficult, maybe even impossible if he blocks it, then Perreira doesn't need to attempt a save. 

AICH.JPG