Pereira

parwj

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ya think?

We are away to Celtic and Hamilton are at home on their plastic midden to a shit Aberdeen team - we could easily be 4 points adrift!!

I said there's a decent chance. If Aberdeen even manage a draw we're still above Hamilton of we beat them. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

Marooned Abroad
4 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

2 goals could have been avoided with a decent keeper. He should not have played last night. Stendel needs to drop him immediately 

This in spades!!!

5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

2 goals could have been avoided with a decent keeper. He should not have played last night. Stendel needs to drop him immediately 

Exactly. Everything else can be overcome.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Even v saints, 2 goals were easily savable. 

We need a gk that makes saves now and then. 

Jp is a holographic goal keeper. 

You can hear shouts at him to stay in his effing goals for the second goal when he is in no mans land. Think it’s Halkett. Can be heard on highlights.

Edited by Mort

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I said there's a decent chance. If Aberdeen even manage a draw we're still above Hamilton of we beat them. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that - Hamilton would get a massive lift from last nights results 

There must be decent keepers out there. Losing a minimum of a point a game thru dross in goal. That’s the difference between staying up or not 

First goal he is all over the place, corner comes in and instead of staying on line he runs toward front post then tries to run back to middle of goal but its too late, second goal should have stayed closer to line and let defender close Burke down and the third goal..well meh

Edited by Hearts007

Gordon Ramsay

How is this man even employed as a goalkeeper? Every shot just flies past him. 

We need to put Zlamal back in. He's not great but at least there is evidence he can make a save or two. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even v saints, 2 goals were easily savable. 

We need a gk that makes saves now and then. 

Jp is a holographic goal keeper. 

Hes hopeless, he has cost us points in the last 2 games, back to man u please.

Just watched the goals back and he’s definitely to blame for 2nd goal doesn’t need to come out for the ball...but Souttar as well is to blame he gets caught ball watching that’s amateur simple long ball over top keeper needs dropped and would take Souttar out for a week or so he’s still rusty...

Having watched that on the highlights,   these are not errors.   It's an inability to be a keeper.

Should never be picked again.   Not even on the bench.     

Cheerio.

1 hour ago, Marooned Abroad said:

Don’t often post these days but can’t help this one out of sheer frustration and anger! Pereira is the worst goalkeeper I think I’ve ever seen in professional football. He flapped at the first goal, should never have come charging out for the second, and let the third go right through him. Yes, the defence and Souttar in particular, was awful, but how Stendel can put up with this level of gk performance any more, I cannot understand. If he stays in goal we’ll go down, take my word for it. Bad though Zlamal is, I reckoned he would have saved the first and the third.

There, that’s off my chest!!!

This...guy on our bus last night summed it up Pereira is a defender good with the ball at his feet, he doesn't save shots so he isn't a goalkeeper ! Get Zlamal in against Falkirk or we could be out of cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51395292

As above, you can hear Halkett going radge at him for the second - “stay in your ducking goals”. 

The defence has no confidence in him. Every time a shot is directed at his goal, you can’t but help think there’s a good chance it’s going in. 

The third goal is simply outrageous. A professional goalkeeper should comfortably save that. He seemed to get out the way of the ball. 

Bobby is prone to a rush of blood but one thing you can say about him is that he can save shots. Best of a bad bunch. I’d give him a shot. Don’t know if Harry Stone is ready to be thrown into this situation. 

Edited by MattyK82

been here before
Its been blatently obvious for months the boys pish...

20200206_110014.jpg.7b46d7227663e1636af7ffbe04eb1dc0.jpg

20200206_110157.jpg.56f3db56385f82fc946edeede23c9e22.jpg

As for what we do, its limited and pish but as I said 2 months ago...

20200206_105619.jpg.a91f89dda4c9fabc2a93433127f0751d.jpg

And unfortunately despite this...

20200206_105835.jpg.597d0f1e849a2c91ef562ea63fc702c5.jpg

...yes I do.

Edited by been here before

The Assistant Manager is a former GK, surely he can see the gaping flaws.   Man Utd won a pig in a poke there, Hearts were the saps that took him on loan.

...and he's fecking Swiss to boot.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Just going by Stendel's comments he ain't getting dropped anytime soon.

Have you a quote on what was said?

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nowhere in their hints he wont drop Joel?!?

Really I read it as he is sticking by him.

He is correct though it's not just him the defending is shocking for the goals

Edited by vegas-voss

cardboardcutout

We will not stay up with a liability in goals!  he has nothing we need in a fight and the players in front of him know he's pash you can see it in their body language!

peebles jambo
12 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I did wonder if there was a deflection as it went in the middle of the goals from a difficult angle and the keeper was knowhere to be seen.

I wouldn’t blame Joel for the first two even though plenty around me were going ape at him but if there wasn’t a deflection on the third then that is outstandingly bad.

You have to be joking, he was massively at fault for the second,the guy is absolutely useless

1 minute ago, peebles jambo said:

You have to be joking, he was massively at fault for the second,the guy is absolutely useless

I think Halkett and Souttar were at fault as well but if he stays on his line he ain't losing a goal like that ( it's Joel though so who knows he might well have let in any kind of shot anyway )

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

The magnitude of these games can't be under estimated. Massive. 

The pressure will be enormous. 

That's bad news for hearts fans with the 3 stooges acting as goalies for us !!!🥴🤡🤪

jambogirlglasgow
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Having watched that on the highlights,   these are not errors.   It's an inability to be a keeper.

Should never be picked again.   Not even on the bench.     

Cheerio.

This. Our other keepers make errors. This one just cannot do his job. Extraordinary 

Its hard to believe that Pereira is just the best of a bad bunch or that he  plays just because he fulfills Stendels requirements for his tactics.His goalkeeping is horrific.Why no attempt by Stendel to recruit a capable goalie was made is beyond me even if a 4 goalie situation looked ridiculous .

I just wonder what the terms of Pereiras contract is.Could there be a stipulation that he plays a certain number of games?

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Its hard to believe that Pereira is just the best of a bad bunch or that he  plays just because he fulfills Stendels requirements for his tactics.His goalkeeping is horrific.Why no attempt by Stendel to recruit a capable goalie was made is beyond me even if a 4 goalie situation looked ridiculous .

I just wonder what the terms of Pereiras contract is.Could there be a stipulation that he plays a certain number of games?

If you're to believe the rumours, Craig Gordon was all set for a return until Neil Lennon vetoed it. 

19 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

If you're to believe the rumours, Craig Gordon was all set for a return until Neil Lennon vetoed it. 

It wasnt Lennon, he gave it th he go ahead but the powers above him said no.

Captain Canada

I watched the 'highlights' again earlier and they confirmed what I thought at the time. Joel made himself so small in closing down for the 2nd goal. He pretty much lunges in with his feet and leaves a huge area to hit it over the top. Go back to the days of Peter Schmeichel and he always made himself massive and very difficult to beat when he had a 1v1. 

The lack of basics such as this and the fact he doesn't ever seem to communicate with his defenders is really unbelievable for a keeper that's employed by Man U. 

Just watched the highlights. Deary me, Pereira had a howler yet again.

Needs punted back to Man U asap.

Bobby is not a great keeper but at least he can actually make a save.

5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I watched the 'highlights' again earlier and they confirmed what I thought at the time. Joel made himself so small in closing down for the 2nd goal. He pretty much lunges in with his feet and leaves a huge area to hit it over the top. Go back to the days of Peter Schmeichel and he always made himself massive and very difficult to beat when he had a 1v1. 

The lack of basics such as this and the fact he doesn't ever seem to communicate with his defenders is really unbelievable for a keeper that's employed by Man U. 

Maybe that's why MU sent him out on loan - Hey Craig would you like a goalie who won't speak back to you and equally won't speak to anyone in front of him

DS could have a look at the "freebies" on offer as detailed in the Record. Most of them really big boys and probably more able to "command" their area

3 minutes ago, TWF said:

DS could have a look at the "freebies" on offer as detailed in the Record. Most of them really big boys and probably more able to "command" their area

Yep... and one of them is an Italian internationalist. Cant be any worse than what we already have!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/4-free-agent-goalkeepers-hearts-21442962