Pereira

parwj

On 07/02/2020 at 22:10, BarneyBattles said:

Since I started watching Hearts in the late 70s, the main goalies were. 

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Gordon - verge of world class

Niemi - not far off Gordon (IMO)

MacDonald - fantastic shot stopper with flaws

Alexander - decent

Hamilton - decent shot stopper but shaky

McLauchlin - very good

Have probably missed a few like Kello etc but the gist of it is a club with the resources we have have always had decent to very good keepers. 

perreira is like the fat kid at school who shuts his eyes and puts his palms up and hopes for the best and we’ve got folk on here actually defending him FFS😂

How can you have that list and not include Craig Nelson.  He was even worse than Pereria!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

How can you have that list and not include Craig Nelson.  He was even worse than Pereria!

I will disagree with you on that one mate.

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

He wasn't seriously he once made a save!

8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Have to disagree I'm afraid. 

Aside from guys who have only played the odd game before being punted

El Cato is the worst regular starter in goal I have seen. Every opposition attack causes panic among both fans and players. It can be doing team morale no good whatsoever to see their hard work being chucked down the toilet. 

He's not even our player so it makes no sense persevering in the hope that he improves. 

If Man Utd try to sue us for not playing him we should counter sue for pretending that this guy is a goalkeeper. 

Trades description act should cover it 😁

Bungalow Bill
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:10, BarneyBattles said:

Since I started watching Hearts in the late 70s, the main goalies were. 

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Gordon - verge of world class

Niemi - not far off Gordon (IMO)

MacDonald - fantastic shot stopper with flaws

Alexander - decent

Hamilton - decent shot stopper but shaky

McLauchlin - very good

Have probably missed a few like Kello etc but the gist of it is a club with the resources we have have always had decent to very good keepers. 

perreira is like the fat kid at school who shuts his eyes and puts his palms up and hopes for the best and we’ve got folk on here actually defending him FFS😂

Ah the Hamilton myth that he was a good shot stopper.

57 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I've literally in 50 years not seen a worse 'top level'  keeper than Periera.  And not just for Hearts - for anyone.  He makes Zibi at Hibs look like Niemi.

On 08/02/2020 at 20:49, Der Kaiser said:

Man Utd >

"He plays...we pay his wage.

He doesn't.....you pay his wage"

Something like that?

Heavens to Betsy, nobody in their right mind would agree to that for a goalkeeper. Would they?.............

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I will disagree with you on that one mate.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

He wasn't seriously he once made a save!

25 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

I've literally in 50 years not seen a worse 'top level'  keeper than Periera.  And not just for Hearts - for anyone.  He makes Zibi at Hibs look like Niemi.

Believe me guys I’m not saying Pereria isn’t bad God he’s a fecking bombscare but Nelson was a nightmare at the time. Thank god we got Gilles in or we would have been in real trouble. Was he worse though?  To me he was at least on a par. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Believe me guys I’m not saying Pereria isn’t bad God he’s a fecking bombscare but Nelson was a nightmare at the time. Thank god we got Gilles in or we would have been in real trouble. Was he worse though?  To me he was at least on a par. 

I remember him well, but at least he tired to save stuff - I've watched back the Killie 3rd goal now and Pereria actually makes himself smaller. I mean WTF !

Every time someone shoots at Hearts goal you worry that Pereira will mess up.

I will guarantee Pereira will toil to make it at a top football club because he just 

isn’t good enough.

16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

TBF this is like two balm men fighting over a comb.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Marian Kello was a very underrated goalkeeper for us.

Agree

Also - Bobby Z has had about 4 proper howlers since he arrived and has been dropped 3 or 3 times

Peirrera has had more howlers than him but not as obvious I.e. poor positioning which key go unnoticed

Put of the two keepers Bobby has pulled off some cracking saves on games. He isn’t the long term answer but on form he can keep us in the game.

i have seen Pereira pull off a top class save yet I don’t think - Bobby has made a few.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

We're even passed the point where DS isn't doing JP any favours by keeping him between the sticks.

His own confidence must be shot... the defenders don't look like they have much faith... surely it's time to bench him.

Makes me think there must be a reason (ie. payment of wages etc).

15 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I agree he didn't amount to much.  Even now he's not impressing me at Dundee.  I mean if Stone doesn't impress the fans by making mistakes he might continue to be bad.  Best to get his head right first.

Let's be honest you have to be an exceptionally good goalkeeper to be first choice at 17/18 years of age even the great young keepers out there just now where all around 20 before they became first choice like Donnarumma , Lafont and Bernadonni.

2 minutes ago, westbow said:

Heavens to Betsy, nobody in their right mind would agree to that for a goalkeeper. Would they?.............

We'll be contributing very little - if anything - towards his wages. There's probably an agreement that he plays a certain percentage of games while he's fit though, with a fee payable to Man Utd or perhaps Hearts being blacklisted for future loan deals if he doesn't. 

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

TBF this is like two balm men fighting over a comb.

Could not put it better myself PJ. 

27 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I remember him well, but at least he tired to save stuff - I've watched back the Killie 3rd goal now and Pereria actually makes himself smaller. I mean WTF !

I was gobsmacked by this at the game. The feeling of WTF I felt was palpable and I wanted to run on and strangle the gimp.  My 12 year old daughter could have saved that shot. 

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We'll be contributing very little - if anything - towards his wages. There's probably an agreement that he plays a certain percentage of games while he's fit though, with a fee payable to Man Utd or perhaps Hearts being blacklisted for future loan deals if he doesn't. 

From Man Utd? Is that a promise?

It’s not letting me upload the image for some strange reason. 

I’ve just rewatched the highlights. The second shot that hits the post, Joel isn’t even standing between the sticks. He is standing about 3 yards past the left post. No keeper should be that unaware of where he is. The shot comes from the edge of the box with two hearts players around the striker. There is zero need for Joel to becoming out his goals. His basic positioning is all over the place. His poor performance has nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with him being just a poor keeper. He can’t play Wednesday night. He simply can’t. 

25 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I was gobsmacked by this at the game. The feeling of WTF I felt was palpable and I wanted to run on and strangle the gimp.  My 12 year old daughter could have saved that shot. 

I thought it took a deflection at the game a wrong footed him, I really should've known better!

And his positioning for the 2nd, now there's a thing of much wonder!

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Thought the Falkirk keeper looked worth monitoring.

Was going to say that, caught everything easily. Robbie Mutch is his name, was at the sheep as a youngster, ousted Cammy Bell last month and is contracted to 2022. If you didn’t know who was the Man Utd player it's unlikely you would've chosen the stray cat.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

If we get black listed by Man Utd who cares, we’ve had three donkeys off them. Other clubs will do as they please, apart from Jimmy Dunne, who only played 12 games, we’ve not really had much luck with loans. Meshino has scored two goals that’s got us two important points but hasn’t done much else.

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we get black listed by Man Utd who cares, we’ve had three donkeys off them. Other clubs will do as they please, apart from Jimmy Dunne, who only played 12 games, we’ve not really had much luck with loans. Meshino has scored two goals that’s got us two important points but hasn’t done much else.

Yeah true. It's always good to have good relationships with these big clubs though - you never know what it could do for us one day. They have some cracking players breaking through their academy team now - Gomes, Chong, Williams, Garner, Greenwood etc. Maybe because we've always kept up our side of previous agreements we get offered guys like them next time.... Maybe we get a pre-season friendly that will bag us a significant six figure sum in ticket sales. Maybe we become an official feeder club and they start to pay us to take players on loan and maybe even share some coaching staff and stuff like that.

Like I say; who knows! 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah true. It's always good to have good relationships with these big clubs though - you never know what it could do for us one day. They have some cracking players breaking through their academy team now - Gomes, Chong, Williams, Garner, Greenwood etc. Maybe because we've always kept up our side of previous agreements we get offered guys like them next time.... Maybe we get a pre-season friendly that will bag us a significant six figure sum in ticket sales. Maybe we become an official feeder club and they start to pay us to take players on loan and maybe even share some coaching staff and stuff like that.

Like I say; who knows! 

They won’t send guys like that up here because they won’t learn anything, they will be sent to Championship teams. Celtic have had some good Man City players but that’s because they will be playing in Europe and in a style more suited to going back and playing, having said that Roberts/Denayer/Boyata didn’t. 
If their coaching staff had anything to do with picking Perriera I think they can keep them. They’ve not had many guys break through apart from Rashford, the guys like Greenwood are only playing because the team is rubbish and have injuries. Nobody in world football pays teams to take players on loan I’m afraid, we’re going to be fined if we don’t play the stray cat apparently, that kind of deal should never have been signed. 

2 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Niemi was better than Gordon.

Cruikshanks was better than Yashin...

Fordie is better than Eusabio

The Hibees are in for a thrashin 

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Bobby must play. 

Pse. Dont expect anything from Wed tbh. Would like to see Bobby get his gloves dirty and cobwebs cleared for the weekend tho. 

Craig Gordons Gloves

I don't know the statistics but i'm sure they're out there, i would hazard a guess that when you look at the shots on target to goals ratio that it's more than 50%. My 9 year old is better than that. 

6 hours ago, westbow said:

Perhaps Levein did. It would explain why Bobby no longer gets picked.

17 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I don't know the statistics but i'm sure they're out there, i would hazard a guess that when you look at the shots on target to goals ratio that it's more than 50%. My 9 year old is better than that. 

Posted it earlier on the thread but....

Save percentages since 15/16 season:

Jon McLaughlin 77.92% (36 apps)
Neil Alexander 73.25% (40 apps)
Colin Doyle 73.08% (13 apps)
Viktor Noring 70.59% (3 apps)
Zdeněk Zlámal 67.57% (48 apps)
Jack Hamilton 63.98% (58 apps)
Joel Pereira 57.78% (23 apps)

6 hours ago, Bozi said:

Forget playing out and sweeper keepers for a bit, his first job is to catch the ball and stop shots. He does neither very well. I honestly can't remember any saves of note from him.

I hope he rams all our criticism down our throats by playing a blinder and keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday!  Then again more chance of pigs flying over parkhead on Wednesday than Joel stopping the ball going in the net 🙈🇱🇻🇩🇪

6 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Forget playing out and sweeper keepers for a bit, his first job is to catch the ball and stop shots. He does neither very well. I honestly can't remember any saves of note from him.

I have said already that I would like to see stats of how many times this season we have conceded from the opponents first shot on target, it feels like it has happened at least 5 times at Tynecastle this season 

13 hours ago, Bozi said:

Any keeper lower than Jack Hamilton on a list like this should be no where near the Hearts first team :facepalm: 

It's just a pity we did not get McLaughlin a couple of years older when he would not have still been chasing the big move.   Probably could have kept him rest of his career.  

27 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Any keeper lower than Jack Hamilton on a list like this should be no where near the Hearts first team :facepalm: 

The only keeper in the league with a lower save percentage is Livi's reserve keeper.

Might have missed it but is there a chance that Man Utd have an appearance clause in the loan deal? That's the only reason I can think of that Stendel isn't dropping him 

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Might have missed it but is there a chance that Man Utd have an appearance clause in the loan deal? That's the only reason I can think of that Stendel isn't dropping him 

Where's Julien Brellier when you need him? A tactical snapping in training might be all that can save us.

49 minutes ago, Chimp said:

The reason he's not dropping him us that Zlamal is a bag of nerves and Doyle is so far out of the picture he's standing outside the gallery. Pereira is what is left. Should have been addressed in January. 

1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

The reason he's not dropping him us that Zlamal is a bag of nerves and Doyle is so far out of the picture he's standing outside the gallery. Pereira is what is left. Should have been addressed in January. 

This was a mistake made by daniel stendel,   not addressing hearts lack of goalkeepers with reasonable  ability "  might turn out a crucial one,  Joel pereira is a poor goalkeeper and we are playing the price for signing him .......

3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

This was a mistake made by daniel stendel,   not addressing hearts lack of goalkeepers with reasonable  ability "  might turn out a crucial one,  Joel pereira is a poor goalkeeper and we are playing the price for signing him .......

He/we did address it, it then became clear that Celtic wouldn't let Gordon go and as it was too late for a plan b we went with plan c - Pereira. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

He/we did address it, it then became clear that Celtic wouldn't let Gordon go and as it was too late for a plan b we went with plan c - Pereira. 

That's not addressing it. That is trying to address it and failing. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I hope he rams all our criticism down our throats by playing a blinder and keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday!  Then again more chance of pigs flying over parkhead on Wednesday than Joel stopping the ball going in the net 🙈🇱🇻🇩🇪

Would love to see that as well SJ, but it aint going to happen, as you said.

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Did someone not mention as long as we give the hapless shit sorry shot stopper game time Man U will pay his wages?

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Thought DS said changing keeper was discussed before Falkirk game ?

In which case we do not have such a clause .

Reliably informed on here that these clauses do exist , hard to see why we would accept this .

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Thought DS said changing keeper was discussed before Falkirk game ?

In which case we do not have such a clause .

Reliably informed on here that these clauses do exist , hard to see why we would accept this .

The words "reliably informed" and JKB don't usually go together

jack D and coke

I’ve heard the clauses stuff as well. You’d seriously hope not as this guy could end up seeing us relegated he really is that bad. Anything 2ft to either side of him you feel is going to end up a goal. 
If we really want a sweeper keeper we’d honestly be as well playing Souttar in goal. He can’t be any worse than this *****.