Pereira

parwj

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Said it earlier.

Watch the entire lead up to the Goal. 

doesnt ****ing matter, he shouldn’t be sliding out with his feet. Terrible position, terrible decision, terrible technique.. end of story.. the firsy goal a decent keeper would have been off his line trying to take the ball on the air and the third one 🤦‍♂️

Bobby is shit with his feet and prone to the occasional howler, but he is far better than the other 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

doesnt ****ing matter, he shouldn’t be sliding out with his feet. Terrible position, terrible decision, terrible technique.. end of story.. the firsy goal a decent keeper would have been off his line trying to take the ball on the air and the third one 🤦‍♂️

Bobby is shit with his feet and prone to the occasional howler, but he is far better than the other 2

Like the Killie keeper and the St Johnstone keeper  in the last 2 games ?

kingantti1874
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Like the Killie keeper and the St Johnstone keeper  in the last 2 games ?

You are defending the indefensible. Their keepers are far far better than Joel (or the other 2 for that matter) 

38 minutes ago, TWF said:

Pereira was between a rock and a hard place with his initial positioning. Shouldn't have been so far of his line. If Burke had risked volleying to start with he would very likely have scored as well

How bad is his hands positioned in that last photo... Unbelievably bad 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are defending the indefensible. Their keepers are far far better than Joel (or the other 2 for that matter) 

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Killie and St Johnston have a payer budget which is tiny in comparison to ours. 

You’re not doing yourself any favours by continuing to make these comparisons. 

Quit while you’re behind springs to mind. 

Aye, let's get budgets involved..... 

Killie game , their keeper very nearly cosy them the game....fact.

St Johnstone game, check out the keeper on all 3 goals, 2nd is beyond parody, Clare's worldy was at his face.

H

I'll stick with my correct assessment that punters on here are clueless sheep that follow the slaver.

Joel will start correctly tomorrow night .

been here before
4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

St Johnstone game, check out the keeper on all 3 goals, 2nd is beyond parody, Clare's worldy was at his face.

H

I'll stick with my correct assessment that punters on here are clueless sheep that follow the slaver.

And this "blinder" that he played?

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

H

😂 clueless  -  do you even go to games. 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 minute ago, been here before said:

And this "blinder" that he played?

You've obviously quoted the wrong post here but, yeah, I thought Joel played a blinder v the Rangers. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You've obviously quoted the wrong post here but, yeah, I thought Joel played a blinder v the Rangers. 

Eh? He didnt make a save. Includes the one that went in!!

kingantti1874
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

So, Joel won't start tomorrow? 

he will but I ****ing hope not.. worst keeper I’ve witnessed in my 35 years of going to games.. he never looks like saving anything.. no matter how it comes to him, low, high, crosses, Gary Owens!! And the ones that are straight at him.. mark Donaldson said he has cooked spaghetti as arms.. that’s an understatement 

he is decent with his feet.. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Since I started watching Hearts in the late 70s, the main goalies were. 

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Gordon - verge of world class

Niemi - not far off Gordon (IMO)

MacDonald - fantastic shot stopper with flaws

Alexander - decent

Hamilton - decent shot stopper but shaky

McLauchlin - very good

Have probably missed a few like Kello etc but the gist of it is a club with the resources we have have always had decent to very good keepers. 

perreira is like the fat kid at school who shuts his eyes and puts his palms up and hopes for the best and we’ve got folk on here actually defending him FFS😂

I thought niemi was better than Gordon.

Just an opinion.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

I hope Periera plays a blinder and rams it right up the farter of the man-babies and children on here, just like Shan Eclair has.

Unfortunately the same munchers oh the Crayon will just find another target. 

Shittyest fans in Scotland without doubt. 

Drinking have we ?

There is no other reason for that rant as based on his horrific form he has cost us points at a time we cannot afford to drop 1.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Pish. Halkett was fuming because we conceded a goal from a player making a 70 yard run unchecked. 

Joel in actual fact is the only player to challenge Burke in his maisy 70 yard dart up the pitch. 

Halkett knows full well who's to blame. 

Halkett was making that tackle if Periera hadn't blocked his run.  Periera was at a minimum highly complicit. Did you wan't to try defending the third or can we at least agree his efforts on that occassion were totally pathetic?

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Alexander - decent

McLauchlin - very good

Have probably missed a few like Kello etc but the gist of it is a club with the resources we have have always had decent to very good keepers. 

perreira is like the fat kid at school who shuts his eyes and puts his palms up and hopes for the best and we’ve got folk on here actually defending him FFS😂

Can’t fault your assessment of these goalies at all, Barney.   Totally in agreement.

This Joel character is horrendous in comparison to any one of them, from what I’ve seen and from what I’ve heard and read.

8 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

In what way a blinder ? 

Holyrood_Hearts

How is anyone still defending Pereira on here? He’s ****ing horrendous. 

Since he’s came in he should’ve done better with the following goals he conceded: 

Long in the LC

Berra’s OG & McGregor at Celtic Park 

Burke at Tynecastle 

Obika at Tynecastle 

Burke‘s first at Rugby Park

3 for the 5 conceded at Ibrox 

Collar at Hamilton 

Boyle’s first at Tynecastle 
Niall McGinn’s free kick 

May’s 1st & McCann at McDermid 

Burke & Brophy’s goal’s on Wednesday. 

plus I’m struggling to think of a save he’s made that’s been top drawer. 

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

18 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

H

Talk me through his performances

Aberdeen goal- set up his wall and stood far beyond where he needed and got beat because of it

St Johnstone goal - out of position and as a result got beat on a scuff

St Johnstone goal- hit straight at him and went in

Killie first goal - Could have come and got it but fairs fair defending was shit

Killie 2nd goal - neither came to command it or stood on his line Result was being in no mans land

Killie 3rd goal - a shot he has already apologised for and quite rightly.

So tell me how he justifies staying in ?

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Since he’s came in he should’ve done better with the following goals he conceded: 

Long in the LC

Burke at Tynecastle 

Obika at Tynecastle 

Collar at Hamilton 

Niall McGinn’s free kick 

More comprehensive than my list but spot on.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

More comprehensive than my list but spot on.

Tbh I’ve been critical of him all season so been keeping a list! 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Long in the LC

Burke at Tynecastle 

Obika at Tynecastle 

Collar at Hamilton 

Niall McGinn’s free kick 

plus I’m struggling to think of a save he’s made  full stop xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FTFY - but according to a poster on here, accusing folk of just saying he’s shit because we are sheep following opinion.. he’s great and has “saved stuff😂 🍝 🖐 

been here before
40 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

No Ive quoted the right post. You just seem to have missed the first time I asked you.

So the Rangers game where he "played a blinder"? Im presuming its the.recent 2-1 win at home you mean and not the 5-0 skelping through there? Despite being at the former I must have missed that "blinder" so in the interest of fairness I thought Id take a quick recap, maybe jog my memory...

He doesnt get a single mention at all on the BBC report of the game. Not even mentioned in their text updates which includes corners, throw ins and free kicks let alone exceptional goalkeeping performances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51165289

The BBC fan player rater thing gives him 6.72/10. Only 3 Hearts players get a lower.rating .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51256065

Likewise this "blinder" he played doesnt rate a single mention on Sky Sports report. Infact they rate him as 6/10 - the joint lowest rated Hearts player...

https://www.skysports.com/football/hearts-vs-rangers/411354

Lastly the ever dependeble EN. Sadly they also seem to have missed this goalkeeping tour de force. The only mention he gets there is how Aribo missed a shot due to " pressure from goalkeeper Joel Pereira and full-back Aidy White forced his shot wide". No mention of any saves, blinding or otherwise.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-2-1-rangers-final-word-how-jambos-tenacity-means-talk-o-toon-liam-boyce-maroon-1376088

The Evening News gave him 7/10 but pointed out while his distribution was good he "didn't have any saves to make other than Kent's goal, which he had no chance with". Im not really sute if its possible as a goalie to "play a blinder" yet have no saves to make.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/how-hearts-players-rated-stunning-come-behind-win-against-rangers-1376043

You seem to be the only one who saw this "blinder". Are sure its the Rangers game you mean? Maybe you're thinking of another game?

Edited by been here before

Im never one for getting on our players backs but the fact is Pereira is realy shit at goalkeeping. Its all good being able to distribute the ball but when you have cheese strings for fingers your never going to be good at keeping the ball out the net. Surely stopping the ball going in the net has to be our GK's main priority, maybe try him out in centre mid if his passing is that good (thats a joke btw). How he ended up at Man Utd is crazy. I can only asume there must be a clause in the loan agreement regarding the amount of game time he gets. If thats the case just stop playing him and hope he gets recalled and its a win win for everyone.

Borders Jambo
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Alexander - decent

McLauchlin - very good

I'd agree with that assessment.

I thought when Bobby arrived he reminded me of Henry for some reason. Unfortunately, I don't think he is anywhere near as good but in my opinion, he is the best of the three

pettigrewsstylist
44 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

The current incumbent is frightening Morgan. I’m 49 and he’s by far the worst I’ve seen in goals for Hearts. Possibly for any team in the top league. 

I had the pleasure of having a blether with John Brough in Sandy Bells a couple of weeks ago. 

John’s a total gent and still very fond of Hearts. 

He’s astounded that someone of perreiras capabilities is wearing his old gloves quite frankly. 

John Brough. I think he was my first hearts keeper. Did he ever get a lone cap? Think he was steady in under 21 squad.

14 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The current incumbent is frightening Morgan. I’m 49 and he’s by far the worst I’ve seen in goals for Hearts. Possibly for any team in the top league. 

I had the pleasure of having a blether with John Brough in Sandy Bells a couple of weeks ago. 

John’s a total gent and still very fond of Hearts. 

He’s astounded that someone of perreiras capabilities is wearing his old gloves quite frankly. 

Thanks, Barney.

Couple of things:

I loved John Brough back in the day, usually very reliable.

Each time we are back in Edinburgh, we make a point of visiting Sandy Bells. It’s a pub we used for years (amongst many others!) and we still really like it.

The Indian restaurant next door is pretty good too, imo.

13 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Absolutely crazy decision to play this idiot if he does. He's going to cost us dearly.

Stendel was more or less saying that he will play in a recent interview and that we needed to defend better.

I just hope Pereira doesn't cost us this game tonight or Stendel will be starting to lose some of the backing he has been getting from the fans.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-looks-changing-formation-stop-leaking-goals-1387247

Edited by wavydavy

Glamorgan Jambo

John Brough was a decent and promising keeper back in the day. Unlucky to get ditched from the line up but his replacement, Henry, was very decent. More importantly as a young whippersnapper getting the 22 bus from Leith to Georgie for the games he was frequently found upstairs in his club blazer. 

on to more pressing issues Zlamal will be playing today and provided he holds his end of the bargain he should keep his place. Best keeper at the club currently, his career history which was readily available before he signed, showed he couldn’t hold down a number one slot for very long. Just drop him for a couple of games when his form dips and deal with the goalie issue come the summer.

DANIEL STENDEL has confirmed he is weighing up whether to drop underperforming goalkeeper Joel Pereira for Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie at Falkirk.

However, the Jambos head coach is adamant any alteration would represent a case of standard rotation rather than an indictment of the Manchester United youngster’s errant displays.

Zdenek Zlamal could come in to the side for the fifth round tie against the Bairns, taking Pereira out of the line of fire following his woeful attempt to stop Kilmarnock’s third – and ultimately decisive – goal in Wednesday night’s 3-2 defeat.

Normally I’d do it [change goalkeeper] in the cup,” said Stendel. “It’s a special situation at the moment and we’ll decide together with [goalkeeping coach] Paul Gallacher. He knows the goalkeepers better than I do.

“He trains with them every day and we’ll make the decision together.

“It’s a little bit too easy to say it’s the goalkeeper’s fault right now. Yes, when he makes a mistake, everyone can see it in the stadium – but in a lot of games before he played very well too.

“At the moment it’s hard to accept some easy mistakes.

Edited by CJGJ

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

DANIEL STENDEL has confirmed he is weighing up whether to drop underperforming goalkeeper Joel Pereira for Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie at Falkirk.

However, the Jambos head coach is adamant any alteration would represent a case of standard rotation rather than an indictment of the Manchester United youngster’s errant displays.

Zdenek Zlamal could come in to the side for the fifth round tie against the Bairns, taking Pereira out of the line of fire following his woeful attempt to stop Kilmarnock’s third – and ultimately decisive – goal in Wednesday night’s 3-2 defeat.

Normally I’d do it [change goalkeeper] in the cup,” said Stendel. “It’s a special situation at the moment and we’ll decide together with [goalkeeping coach] Paul Gallacher. He knows the goalkeepers better than I do.

“He trains with them every day and we’ll make the decision together.

“It’s a little bit too easy to say it’s the goalkeeper’s fault right now. Yes, when he makes a mistake, everyone can see it in the stadium – but in a lot of games before he played very well too.

“At the moment it’s hard to accept some easy mistakes.

Who do you believe? This is from the EEN article above.

Questions were raised about Pereira after the Kilmarnock match and last weekend's 3-3 draw with St Johnstone. Stendel said he is not yet ready to take the keeper out of the limelight.

"It is not only Joel. He knows about the third goal [on Wednesday] and he apologised in front of the team but I think this was not the reason that we lost the game," explained the manager.

"We all know he can play better and he can win games for us. It is important he keeps his confidence. The last two games were not his best but Saturday is the next chance. We need all the other players to change the results.

Joel Pereira is up there with Craig Nelson, Anthony Basso, Doyle, Zlamal, Jack Hamilton as the worst keepers I've seen in my near 40 years of Tynecastle life. None of them can compete with the likes of Henry Smith, Gilles Rousset, Antti Niemi and Craig Gordon, Marian Kello or Jon McLaughlin. Jamie MacDonald and Alexander were just above the norm against the likes of Roddy McKenzie, Janos Baloch, Nicky Walker or Tepi Moilanen.

Three defensive players needed in the summer, a keeper and two central defenders.

16 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

John Brough - very good 

Henry Smith  - excellent 

Nicky Walker - good

Rousset- excellent 

Alexander - decent

McLauchlin - very good

Thomson Allan? Looked him up On wiki played 20 games for us, and he was only 5 foot 10.  Presume he was between Dunlop and brough 

Have to say that the coaching of our GK's leaves a lot to be desired,  Paul Gallacher has a lot to answer for as it's his job surely to make sure that whoever he thinks is best of the 3 is up for the game.

This is obviously flawed, he has clearly failed at his job, the GK's don't seem to be up for the games, no matter the ability they going through the motions week in week out.

I am not standing up for JP but a guy who obviously had ability until he arrived here has went back the way with the same effect our coaching has had on outfield players over the past few seasons.

Hopefully in the summer the whole GK and coaching of them is sorted.

Bring back Jim Stewart or someone at his level, worked wonders with Niemi and Gordon IMHO. Doesn't  really matter what GK we end up with if the coach is flawed.

PS: next game you attend, compare the GK coach of our opponents with what happens at our end. It never changes from week to week and if I was a GK I certainly wouldn't be the peak of my ability, it's all so laid back it'unreal. 

The_razors_edge
18 hours ago, been here before said:

No Ive quoted the right post. You just seem to have missed the first time I asked you.

So the Rangers game where he "played a blinder"? Im presuming its the.recent 2-1 win at home you mean and not the 5-0 skelping through there? Despite being at the former I must have missed that "blinder" so in the interest of fairness I thought Id take a quick recap, maybe jog my memory...

He doesnt get a single mention at all on the BBC report of the game. Not even mentioned in their text updates which includes corners, throw ins and free kicks let alone exceptional goalkeeping performances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51165289

The BBC fan player rater thing gives him 6.72/10. Only 3 Hearts players get a lower.rating .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51256065

Likewise this "blinder" he played doesnt rate a single mention on Sky Sports report. Infact they rate him as 6/10 - the joint lowest rated Hearts player...

https://www.skysports.com/football/hearts-vs-rangers/411354

Lastly the ever dependeble EN. Sadly they also seem to have missed this goalkeeping tour de force. The only mention he gets there is how Aribo missed a shot due to " pressure from goalkeeper Joel Pereira and full-back Aidy White forced his shot wide". No mention of any saves, blinding or otherwise.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-2-1-rangers-final-word-how-jambos-tenacity-means-talk-o-toon-liam-boyce-maroon-1376088

The Evening News gave him 7/10 but pointed out while his distribution was good he "didn't have any saves to make other than Kent's goal, which he had no chance with". Im not really sute if its possible as a goalie to "play a blinder" yet have no saves to make.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/how-hearts-players-rated-stunning-come-behind-win-against-rangers-1376043

You seem to be the only one who saw this "blinder". Are sure its the Rangers game you mean? Maybe you're thinking of another game?

giphy.gif

Theme From Sparta F.C.
32 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Have to say that the coaching of our GK's leaves a lot to be desired,  Paul Gallacher has a lot to answer for as it's his job surely to make sure that whoever he thinks is best of the 3 is up for the game.

This is obviously flawed, he has clearly failed at his job, the GK's don't seem to be up for the games, no matter the ability they going through the motions week in week out.

I am not standing up for JP but a guy who obviously had ability until he arrived here has went back the way with the same effect our coaching has had on outfield players over the past few seasons.

Hopefully in the summer the whole GK and coaching of them is sorted.

Bring back Jim Stewart or someone at his level, worked wonders with Niemi and Gordon IMHO. Doesn't  really matter what GK we end up with if the coach is flawed.

PS: next game you attend, compare the GK coach of our opponents with what happens at our end. It never changes from week to week and if I was a GK I certainly wouldn't be the peak of my ability, it's all so laid back it'unreal. 

You've hit the nail on the head re Paul Gallacher. He doesn't come across as a great GK Coach. We just seem to plod along with no improvement in our Keepers.

Hopefully we get Craig Gordon in as a Player / Coach in the Summer. Or even as a Coach at some point in the future?

He has twice had to catch the ball dropped it both times. The shot off the inside of the post he had his angles completely wrong. 

He is ghastly.