Pereira

parwj

This is a problem.

We couldnt score goals and thats been sorted out and now we dont have a keep that can save a shot. What kind of keep is that?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

August Landmesser
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have watched that and if you play itr back and listen the person making the comments is still saying it as the ball goes in the next and that does not seem like Halkett saying it to me.

He does have a bit of a reaction to Pereira's mistake which I didn't notice at the time but he was the only one Souttar just turned away.

There's a chap in the front row of the Gorgie stood up, wearing a blue jacket, and just over the fence in front of him is a TV microphone - I reckon it's him saying what we were all thinking. 

11 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Seems like he won't be according to Stendel's most recent media comments.

Just looked back again at the goals we conceded from the last 2 games.

I honestly believe a decent Juniors keeper would have saved at least 3 of the 6 we conceded.

Do we have another Man Utd, Mitchell type clause in Pereira's loan contract ??

Are we obligated to play him when he is fit ?

Could we not have insisted that should he go all hologram on us that we could drop him ?

Worst keeper ive watched Busby, i hate ripping players but this guy is on a different level.

Deffo something behind the scenes if he plays him, Man U, would not get a game for

the Harp hotel ☺️

29 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

just heared Pereira in goals for Saturday,   what the feck is the manager thinking about. Worst HEARTS goalie ever.  

WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

Aye?

Who have you "heared" this from?

On 06/02/2020 at 07:59, Jambof3tornado said:

Diving at his feet....feet first.

Hopeless keeper.

He is.

I stuck up for him in the past. Thought he might be better under this system but he can't even do the basics.

The Old Tolbooth

If he lines up against Falkirk, and if you're playing for them, surely your orders must be to shoot on sight whenever you can because you're likely to score if one is on target, he's THAT bad! 

13 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Kurskis is the all time worst keeper I have seen not just at hearts but at any professional level.

Ah, I've been trying to remember his name! Abysmal. 

Not that it helps our current predicament if Pereira is only the second worst. It has to be Bobby Z for the next few games.

Scottie Wanshot.
18 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Aye?

it's on the Edinburgh evening news website, 

Scottie Wanshot.
25 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Aye?

6 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

HEARD SORRY

10 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

EEN says he is likely to be.

Trying to get your post count up there? 😂

Edited by Dallas Green

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-looks-changing-formation-stop-leaking-goals-1387247

"It is not only Joel. He knows about the third goal [on Wednesday] and he apologised in front of the team but I think this was not the reason that we lost the game," explained the manager.

"We all know he can play better and he can win games for us. It is important he keeps his confidence. The last two games were not his best but Saturday is the next chance. We need all the other players to change the results."

Doesn’t sound like he’s getting dropped anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Looks like he’s going to start.. first black mark for Daniel.. imo

2nd black mark for me. 

1st was not acting in January. A half hearted attempt for CG doesn’t count.

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

How much do you reckon he's on at Man United?

A few websites, if you search for Joel Pereira wages, come up with figures between £520,000 and £780,000 for his reported wages.

It's at least £10K a week minimum, which means it could cost us some serious wedge.  Especially if there is a penalty to pay on top of it?  It's money we absolutely do not have to just throw at getting rid of a player!

Dread to think what are we paying him!  Im not a zlamal fan but least he can make a couple of saves. Remember Pereira looked dodgy in his debut against Motherwell and hasn't looked good at all

Just now, DS98 said:

2nd black mark for me. 

You'd think Stendel would know of a few goalies who could've came in. England or abroad, Germany in particular. Wonder what his EX-GOALIE assistant thinks of Pereira?

What does goalie coach Paul Gallacher do? Zlamal, Doyle, Pereira!? Not much of a pick between any of them. Is he still at the club? Hardly a high profile keeper himself!

New goalkeepers and two central defenders a priority come the end of season.

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I go back to what I said earlier as well - did we actually scout this guy or did we just sign him? Because his skill set is totally inadequate 

Levein signed him because of the MAN-UTD name that was that ,certainly not because he was any sort of goalie ?   Maybe saw highlights of Pereira at rochdale on you tube at best,,, another pile of levein💩💩💩

1 hour ago, Busby8 said:

Seems like he won't be according to Stendel's most recent media comments.

Just looked back again at the goals we conceded from the last 2 games.

I honestly believe a decent Juniors keeper would have saved at least 3 of the 6 we conceded.

Do we have another Man Utd, Mitchell type clause in Pereira's loan contract ??

Are we obligated to play him when he is fit ?

Could we not have insisted that should he go all hologram on us that we could drop him ?

You are correct , there was not many top junior clubs that had a goalkeeper as bad as jp’s shot stopping ability when I played, 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-looks-changing-formation-stop-leaking-goals-1387247

"It is not only Joel. He knows about the third goal [on Wednesday] and he apologised in front of the team but I think this was not the reason that we lost the game," explained the manager.

"We all know he can play better and he can win games for us. It is important he keeps his confidence. The last two games were not his best but Saturday is the next chance. We need all the other players to change the results."

That's just his interview from Wednesday night hitting the Evening news now.Its exactly the same.

Edited by vegas-voss

22 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Levein signed him because of the MAN-UTD name that was that ,certainly not because he was any sort of goalie ?   Maybe saw highlights of Pereira at rochdale on you tube at best,,, another pile of levein💩💩💩

He hardly got a game for Rochdale.In fact he has hardly played any first team football for any club prior to him coming here.

51 minutes ago, DS98 said:

2nd black mark for me. 

Black mark for something you have no idea happened or not? You have no idea how hard or not we traid for CG or another keeper for that matter, do you actually want Stendel to come out after the game and say 'We tried to get X, Y or z in so we could punt Joel back to Man Utd but couldn't get anything over the line so we're stuck with him until the end of the season'

16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He hardly got a game for Rochdale.In fact he has hardly played any first team football for any club prior to him coming here.

Exactly f....g imposter "goalkeeper ? Wage thief more like,   not his fault for earning a wage , but to who signed him !

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If he lines up against Falkirk, and if you're playing for them, surely your orders must be to shoot on sight whenever you can because you're likely to score if one is on target, he's THAT bad! 

Try from 35 40 yards, order of the day ,,or anywhere !      

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Surprising that Stendel is so emphatic about keeping Pereira in goals. Also surprising that he didn't mention the second goal where Pereira was equally culpable.

Stendel is either in denial about this or he must think Bobby is even worse. 

We're not in a position to keep losing soft goals.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

2nd black mark for me. 

That was all good to go then Lawell vetoed it, apparently.  Bit harsh on Stendel to blame him for that.

13 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Surprising that Stendel is so emphatic about keeping Pereira in goals. Also surprising that he didn't mention the second goal where Pereira was equally culpable.

Stendel is either in denial about this or he must think Bobby is even worse. 

We're not in a position to keep losing soft goals.

The 2nd goal wasn't because of the keeper, simple really if you watch Burkes run, the 1st wasn't either. 

Could have done better with the 3rd. 

He's not a hopeless keeper and the manager doesn't believe what he reads on JKB thankfully so he'll start on Saturday hopefully. 

Hopefully Smith is back on Saturday to give us some defensive balance and the negative Shit on here will stop for a week.

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

The 2nd goal wasn't because of the keeper, simple really if you watch Burkes run, the 1st wasn't either. 

Could have done better with the 3rd. 

He's not a hopeless keeper and the manager doesn't believe what he reads on JKB thankfully so he'll start on Saturday hopefully. 

Hopefully Smith is back on Saturday to give us some defensive balance and the negative Shit on here will stop for a week.

He is hopeless and the 2nd was his fault.  Zlamal would have saved at least 3 of the 6 goals we have conceeded in the last two matches.  And he is pretty pish.  Just another horrific signing. Thanks Levein.

Joel has bad habits.  He goes to ground too easy just like De Gea.  He either needs to be his own hero or get a better influential leader/hero to learn from.  We don't have one so he needs coached to be better.

The first goal on Wednesday was poor anticipation and positioning.  2nd goes to ground too easy.  3rd don't know what to say.

I think he's a good pro, has potential.

We don't have long for him to change quick though.  I'd give him the Falkirk game and Celtic to prove he's learned.  If not Bobby has to get a game.  Even though Bobby isn't great.

I want a goalie who saves shots.  Even just some shots.

What is galling is when we have an attack which ends in a shot, their goalie makes a decent save.  Then the oppo have a similar or at times worse attempt and it's in.  I get all the playing from the back stuff, and i'm all for it.  But the opposition will always have a shot or two on our goal.  Always.  With Joel in the net, that's almost guaranteed goals.  I've genuinely never seen a keeper who is worse at stopping shots.

I've seen keepers with bad decision making, handling, not strong enough, poor under cross balls, crap with their feet (basically Craig Nelson), but I honestly can;t think of one worse at simply saving run of the mill shots on goal.

Sorry to add to this thread - I don't usually like the assassination of our players - but the big guy is baffling!

You know the old cliché, "ah but he's a good shot stopper" for goalies who have other faults?  And you kinda think, "well, I'd hope so - he's a bloody goalie".... well, erm... I guess we can in future use this term with some credence: look at me finding a positive!

42 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

He is hopeless and the 2nd was his fault. 

He is and it was. 

It's actually astonishing, even by JKB standards, how clueless some posters are on here.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Joel has bad habits.  He goes to ground too easy just like De Gea.  He either needs to be his own hero or get a better influential leader/hero to learn from.  We don't have one so he needs coached to be better.

The first goal on Wednesday was poor anticipation and positioning.  2nd goes to ground too easy.  3rd don't know what to say.

I think he's a good pro, has potential.

We don't have long for him to change quick though.  I'd give him the Falkirk game and Celtic to prove he's learned.  If not Bobby has to get a game.  Even though Bobby isn't great.

Sorry this is all wrong, his decision making is poor, he’s slow getting dow, he dives out the way, he’s terrible under the high ball, he goes to ground to easily.  He is however decent with his feet.. He has no potential.. he will vanish after hearts 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Looks like he’s going to start.. first black mark for Daniel.. imo

First black mark!?!

Seriously!?!

1 win in 8 league games and the first black mark. Come on. 

At Ibrox 3 of the goals were fairly routine save. Crucially Hamilton’s second goal at the end of last year was a pathetic attempt at a save. 
Thinking back a bit to Kilmarnock at home, their goal was a very weak soft header that I think a proper keeper would have kept out. 

I reckon he’s cost us 8-10 goals that were fairly routine saves for a half decent GK. 

He’s absolutely atrocious. 

highlandjambo3
22 hours ago, One five said:

The other two keepers cack as well but imo Joel should never put on a hearts strip again .

Can we play two keepers the dame time or, would that be double the catastrophe?

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Black mark for something you have no idea happened or not? You have no idea how hard or not we traid for CG or another keeper for that matter, do you actually want Stendel to come out after the game and say 'We tried to get X, Y or z in so we could punt Joel back to Man Utd but couldn't get anything over the line so we're stuck with him until the end of the season'

I know exactly how hard we tried for CG. And the answer is not very. It was more of a last minute after thought. Add that to the fact Stendel said all January he was happy with the keeper situation. 

That, IMO was a mistake. That ok?

maroonlegions

Just wait until he makes feck ups at Falkirk , total fecking melt down on here.And the told you so crowd ripp into those still defending this utter imposter. He needs to bolt, end of, has he no fecking morals , if i was this shite i would go, does he even care that he is embarrassing himself big time with every feck up he does. 

Edited by maroonlegions

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Just wait until he makes feck ups at Falkirk , total fecking melt down on here.And the told you so crowd ripp into those still defending this utter imposter. He needs to bolt, end of, has he no fecking morals , if i was this shite i would go, does he even care that he is embarrassing himself big time with every feck up he does. 

There cannot be many defending him surely.He needs taken out the team for his own good.

Scottie Wanshot.
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feck me. He should change his name to Dick Turpin. 

By the way, I don't believe we are forced to play him, as I seem to recall he was left out previously for our other useless article to make an erse of it. 

Having said that, I reckon he will play tomorrow and that is a concern because he is utter mince.

yes he's in the team tomorrow.

R I.P

Scottie Wanshot.
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

There cannot be many defending him surely.He needs taken out the team for his own good.

Well said, totally agree, the thing is though, what on earth is the manager thinking about, makes you wonder if he's the right manager.

Borders Jambo

I think Bobby has to start tomorrow.

He isn't great either but at least can make some saves.

JP is a nightmare and has cost us a lot of goals/games.. 

I'd be in favour of sending him back to Man U regardless of cost.

9 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

I think Bobby has to start tomorrow.

He isn't great either but at least can make some saves.

JP is a nightmare and has cost us a lot of goals/games.. 

I'd be in favour of sending him back to Man U regardless of cost.

I very much doubt he’ll be desperate to go back, they’ll be ripping up his contract. 

His dad must be pals with Jose and he was due him a favour. He’s not a goalie might actually be a better centre half!

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can we play two keepers the dame time or, would that be double the catastrophe?

Now that would be different 😂😂 sounds like DS is sticking by JP though  🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, One five said:

Now that would be different 😂😂 sounds like DS is sticking by JP though  🤦‍♂️

Risky for him.  A mistake by JP that cost us the tie and I suspect he would feel the fallout from the support big style. 

kingantti1874
57 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

i kind of hope he does (as long as we don’t lose) Not that we will be winning the cup but I want him out for the next league games

Captain Canada

It's not realistic to restrict the opposition to zero shots on goal but I've got no confidence in him to save anything at all after Wednesday. 

It's bound to make the defenders more anxious too which is the last thing we need right now. It's such a ridiculous position to be in where we have three senior keepers who are all so poor but won't drop the guy who's in terrible form.