• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

46 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Thought DS said changing keeper was discussed before Falkirk game ?

In which case we do not have such a clause .

Reliably informed on here that these clauses do exist , hard to see why we would accept this .

He said they would normally rotate the keeper for cup games - you can read that two ways - either Pereira is now the reserve keeper and accordingly played in the cup or he was giving him another chance to retain his place.

54 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Thought DS said changing keeper was discussed before Falkirk game ?

In which case we do not have such a clause .

Reliably informed on here that these clauses do exist , hard to see why we would accept this .

Maybe the clause excludes cup games.😂

19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

we’re going to be fined if we don’t play the stray cat apparently, that kind of deal should never have been signed. 

If that is the case (and I've no idea if it actually is) we should pay the fine and write it off as yet another Levein ****up. It'd be worth it in the long run to stay up - and with this idiot in goals, we're far, far less likely to do so.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

If that is the case (and I've no idea if it actually is) we should pay the fine and write it off as yet another Levein ****up. It'd be worth it in the long run to stay up - and with this idiot in goals, we're far, far less likely to do so.

Exactly 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Might have missed it but is there a chance that Man Utd have an appearance clause in the loan deal? That's the only reason I can think of that Stendel isn't dropping him 

there is allegedly,  i posted this around a week ago. i was told that if he plays we only cough up a few hundred pounds per week if he doesn't play then we have to pay £6k per week. When clubs (big) send players out on loan it's to gain experience i'm sure MU are not bothered about £6k to reduce their wage bill, it's peanuts to them but a lot of dosh to us.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The words "reliably informed" and JKB don't usually go together

Not usually no . Think it was sadj and , to be fair , he seems well informed 

Pasquale for King

It’s a completely different level but the discussion about Jordan Pickford is along the same lines, he’s great with his feet but makes mistakes with his hands. His percentage of shots saved is the lowest of the English GKs in the EPL this season. Strangely enough the stray cats Man Utd teammate Henderson is the top rated English GK.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not that Doyle was in the reckoning I'm fairly sure, yesterdays goal was a timely reminder of his limitations.

For those who haven't seen it, he is basically down an hour early in 1 on 1 situation leaving the simplest of dinks into the net. 

Doyle is as stiff a keeper as I've ever seen.

What a collection of awful keepers.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not that Doyle was in the reckoning I'm fairly sure, yesterdays goal was a timely reminder of his limitations.

For those who haven't seen it, he is basically down an hour early in 1 on 1 situation leaving the simplest of dinks into the net. 

Better known as Jeepers Keepers.

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No. You're talking nonsense. We addressed the problem by failing to get a replacement. Magic.

No, you're taking nonsense. We addressed the problem by trying to get Craig Gordon in. You are failing to spot the difference between addressing and sorting.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

No, you're taking nonsense. We addressed the problem by trying to get Craig Gordon in. You are failing to spot the difference between addressing and sorting.

No i understand the difference. If all we done was look to get Craig Gordon in then we have not properly addressed the problem. If we had we would have found a goalkeeper. There absolutely must be better options than the three we have. Every team in the league seems to have better keepers than us.

So if we had addressed it a solution would have been found so you are talking nonsense.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

JS and DS watched part of the match, but I don't thin either were there for the Hamilton goal. 

Doyle made at least one decent save and seemed comfortable and his distribution was decent given the conditions. 

21 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

If there is  a clause that we have to play him then why would we try and bring in another first team goalie?

Because the replacement would hopefully have been sufficiently better to be worth triggering the penalty for not playing Pereira.

Or Pereira could have got completely coincidentally injured in training.

(Disclaimer: I have no idea whether there is a penalty clause.)

I never believed I'd ever think this, but as big a howler as it was, I'd even be prepared to give Doyle a pass for that goal at Motherwell last season.

Edited by Busby8

The goals conceded have brought a lot of attention on the goalkeeper, Joel Pereira. A lot of loan deals these days are financially based on the player playing for the loan club. I don't know if that's the case with Pereira or not. I just hope it isn't muddying the waters.

What I do know is that we have three keepers in the first-team squad just now and they are, to be brutally honest, not of the same standard as the top goalies we have had in the past.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-how-will-hearts-set-celtic-and-i-hope-joel-pereira-loan-deal-isnt-muddying-goalkeeping-waters-1394736

...even Gary Mackay is trying to get the point across!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No i understand the difference. If all we done was look to get Craig Gordon in then we have not properly addressed the problem. If we had we would have found a goalkeeper. There absolutely must be better options than the three we have. Every team in the league seems to have better keepers than us.

So if we had addressed it a solution would have been found so you are talking nonsense.

Have a word with yourself, it's possible to address something without getting a solution.

That's what happened.

For a team that lets in a lot of goals, we don't have a lot of shots on target against us. Just happens that he lets in any half decent effort on goal. Single biggest reason we are where we are.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Not usually no . Think it was sadj and , to be fair , he seems well informed 

@sadj knows **** all, mate. Don't listen to a word he says. :) 👍

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

For a team that lets in a lot of goals, we don't have a lot of shots on target against us. Just happens that he lets in any half decent effort on goal. Single biggest reason we are where we are.

This! 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, graygo said:

No, you're taking nonsense. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No i understand the difference so you are talking nonsense.

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Have a word with yourself.

Now, now, lads, no need for the hostility.

You're both decent posters and a credit to the board - so it's sad to see things descending into petty bickering.

Let's say we leave it at this, have a virtual shake of the hands, and meet up behind the Wheatfield on Saturday and settle it with an Irish Gypsy style bare-knuckle pagger?

YouTube call-out videos optional.

43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Have a word with yourself, it's possible to address something without getting a solution.

That's what happened.

You have a word with yourself instead of pulling folk up with your definition of addressed when the guy was quite right in what he said. 

if they wanted to address the goalkeeping issue they would have but they didn’t. 

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Now, now, lads, no need for the hostility.

You're both decent posters and a credit to the board - so it's sad to see things descending into petty bickering.

Let's say we leave it at this, have a virtual shake of the hands, and meet up behind the Wheatfield on Saturday and settle it with an Irish Gypsy style bare-knuckle pagger?

YouTube call-out videos optional.

Fair enough, I think we can agree that Pereira is shit and should have been replaced.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You have a word with yourself instead of pulling folk up with your definition of addressed when the guy was quite right in what he said. 

if they wanted to address the goalkeeping issue they would have but they didn’t. 

Aye they did.

Thanks for your input though.

Just now, graygo said:

Aye they did.

Thanks for your input though.

No they didnae. If they had they’d have found a keeper. Thanks for your nonsense guesswork. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

A lot of loan deals these days are financially based on the player playing for the loan club. I don't know if that's the case with Pereira or not. ...

...even Gary Mackay is trying to get the point across!

Probly just got that from here as well.

5 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Probly just got that from here as well.

He probably has. I think it’s unlikely because our interest in Gordon seemed genuine but who knows maybe there was an option to send pereira back during the last window, which we didn’t take up.

22 hours ago, Bozi said:

Posted it earlier on the thread but....

Save percentages since 15/16 season:

Jon McLaughlin 77.92% (36 apps)
Neil Alexander 73.25% (40 apps)
Colin Doyle 73.08% (13 apps)
Viktor Noring 70.59% (3 apps)
Zdeněk Zlámal 67.57% (48 apps)
Jack Hamilton 63.98% (58 apps)
Joel Pereira 57.78% (23 apps)

Based on these stats Doyle is a better keeper.

Has anyone found out if he's got some agreement written in that he plays if fit?

Maybe a question for Banderson?

It is quite scary to think that if Pereira was a decent GK we would have conceded around 12 less goals this season. 

we would be no where near bottom if that was the case even with the rest of the team being atrocious. 

He will get us relegated!

Edited by hearts00

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I noticed that, absolutely awful.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He probably has. I think it’s unlikely because our interest in Gordon seemed genuine but who knows maybe there was an option to send pereira back during the last window, which we didn’t take up.

Please don't let that be true, that would be a shocking decision.

7 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

I more meant we didn’t take it because we didn’t land Gordon. No way do I know anything, it’s just idle speculation on my part.

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I noticed that, absolutely awful.

The striker dummied shooting low, which Boyle bought. Then he chipped over him.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Missed your post earlier. We’re arguing about **** all. Sorry graygo.

I might regret this as I've not scrolled down yet but 👍

Was just thinking most defences play to their keepers strengths.  They can let high balls or crosses come for the keeper to catch or allow certain angled shots to come in.  Only strength I've seen so far is he can sweeper keep.  Done a great headed clearance in the rangers game I think it was.

Apart from that would anyone say we are playing to his strengths?

The 3rd Killie goal as bad as it was no-one was near  blocking it, was a free shot.  Think the 2nd johnstone goal was bad he let it in.  He can get better hopefully.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The striker dummied shooting low, which Boyle bought. Then he chipped over him.

Doyle even, he should’ve stayed on his feet and used them to save any shot. He was totally flummoxed by a teenager Hamilton striker.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

It is true, every loan deal has a break clause in January. We brought back Macdonald and Cochrane from the Pars and in the last few years Dunne/ Smith-Brown/Watt all went back down south in January. Hopefully whoever Stendel has in mind will be available in the summer.

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 10/02/2020 at 13:11, Bozi said:

Posted it earlier on the thread but....

Save percentages since 15/16 season:

Jon McLaughlin 77.92% (36 apps)
Neil Alexander 73.25% (40 apps)
Colin Doyle 73.08% (13 apps)
Viktor Noring 70.59% (3 apps)
Zdeněk Zlámal 67.57% (48 apps)
Jack Hamilton 63.98% (58 apps)
Joel Pereira 57.78% (23 apps)

Thanks man!

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

@sadj knows **** all, mate. Don't listen to a word he says. :) 👍

😂😂

Tis true , i have zero between the ears these days. Too many headed balls back in the day and too many concussions 😔

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, sadj said:

😂😂

Tis true , i have zero between the ears these days. Too many headed balls back in the day and too many concussions 😔

It's not what's between the ears that really matters, sadj. 👍