Pereira

parwj

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Feck knows I know nothing about that.Have my doubts it's even true , I think he is just seen as the best choice by the management to be honest.Like so many keepers in the modern game shot stopping almost feels secondary to what the coaches look for.

My nephew is Uefa A Licence coach, his son my great nephew is a 15 year old GK who’s been at Hearts,,St Johnstone and is wanted by Hibs 🤮. He won’t even consider joining Hibs, his choice. He stands beside me at games and having received great coaching he not only is a decent GK for his age but shouts at the defence like he’s playing. He saves shots but is good with his feet, he’s been coached to do both.
How Perriera has got to a Man Utd without being able to actually save shots is staggering, almost as unbelievable as the fact that the other two GKs we have are even worse. Clearly no amount of coaching has helped, we have two GK coaches at first team level. 
Stendel and Sievers must pick two new GKs in the summer without anyone else at the club having a say, how we are going to get rid of the other two is also up in the air. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My nephew is Uefa A Licence coach, his son my great nephew is a 15 year old GK who’s been at Hearts,,St Johnstone and is wanted by Hibs 🤮. He won’t even consider joining Hibs, his choice. He stands beside me at games and having received great coaching he not only is a decent GK for his age but shouts at the defence like he’s playing. He saves shots but is good with his feet, he’s been coached to do both.
How Perriera has got to a Man Utd without being able to actually save shots is staggering, almost as unbelievable as the fact that the other two GKs we have are even worse. Clearly no amount of coaching has helped, we have two GK coaches at first team level. 
Stendel and Sievers must pick two new GKs in the summer without anyone else at the club having a say, how we are going to get rid of the other two is also up in the air. 

I think we need to remember he is 4th choice at Man Utd maybe even 5th behind a youth keeper now.I think it all boils down to him making a poor career choice he was a youth international keeper ( right up to u21 level ) after all.I think lack of game time at Utd and other loan clubs has not helped him.Also he is playing under the pressure of a relegation battle in front of crowds he will never have been used to.Also it must be praying on his mind the fans think he is going to **** up again and his own team mates thinking the same.

I honestly don't think we are helping him one bit playing him but I don't think other than getting a contract at Utd they have helped him much either.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Best of luck to the great nephew 👍

is Zlamaks contract not up in the summer?

HillmanHearts

Could go one of two ways :

1. He has an absolute blinder and we sneak a point. He shuts us all up, gets a huge confidence boost and kicks on for the rest of the season.

Or.

2. He is throwing them in from everywhere and we get completely roasted. His confidence is shot to pieces and is replaced by a born again Bobby who has a stormer v Accies and is in for the rest of the season.

However. 

More likely to go neither of these two ways - and he just performs at his normal not very good level, we get comfortably beaten as usual due them just being miles better than us and he is kept in for the Accies game.

3 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Pereira won't have to pay anything. What I do think may happen is that if he throws a few in tonight/has a horror show then a conversation with Man United's loans director or whoever will take place about taking Joel out of the firing line. It's in no ones interests for him to be turned into (even more) of a joke figure. Wouldn't reflect well on either club so I suspect an agreement would be reached quite easily.

It appears that you have misread my post.

Other than that I'd tend to agree.

Someone needs to ask Pereira to claim he has a back injury if we're on the hook for him for benching him.

Also, if Man Utd won't let us bench him we shouldn't be doing any further business with them. Keeping this clown between the sticks will cost us premiership status. 

22 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Hopefully he's brought his A game tonight.

I've yet to see him make a great save. 

Never seen him make a save I couldn't make tbh.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Someone needs to ask Pereira to claim he has a back injury if we're on the hook for him for benching him.

Also, if Man Utd won't let us bench him we shouldn't be doing any further business with them. Keeping this clown between the sticks will cost us premiership status. 

It's not true.

julienbrellier

he is awful and shouldnt play again, we were doing well up until that point. we won't be able to win games with him in goals.

it isn't just a case of dropping him, we need to get a goalkeeper on a free transfer until the end of the season

The guy is obviously flawed in every way, but what I will add is that he was decent before coming to Hearts. 

Paul Gallacher trains him. Buck should stop at him imho. 

Get them all tf... 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

This will be his last game.

Must be. Bobby has made mistakes but not EVERY game. The team are surely going to revolt if he's picked again.

2 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

The guy is obviously flawed in every way, but what I will add is that he was decent before coming to Hearts. 

Paul Gallacher trains him. Buck should stop at him imho. 

Get them all tf... 

I am really not sure how you can possibly say that. He had played less than 30 senior games of football before he signed for us. I have no idea how we actually scouted him other than he must be good because he is with a big club. 

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Must be. Bobby has made mistakes but not EVERY game. The team are surely going to revolt if he's picked again.

What actually needs to happen??? 

Honestly, he's taking the piss. I'm liking 90% of the changes DS has made but continuing to keep this guy is ****ing shocking.

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

I think rather than play Zlamal in a game like tonight we’ve given JP enough rope to gang himself....and it appears that is exactly what he’s done.

Just now, DH1986 said:

I think rather than play Zlamal in a game like tonight we’ve given JP enough rope to gang himself....and it appears that is exactly what he’s done.

We've given him so much rope he's going hang him, his team mates and the ****ing club. 

Bin him now so we actually have a fighting chance of staying up.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah hopefully although I pretty much said that after the St Johnstone game and he's since survived the Killie shocker.

BRAVEHEART1874

Has got to be dropped for saturday the game is too important for simple mistakes like not pushing out  to the left if you cant hold it. It didn't look that hard a catch either ;(

Bottom line - if we had a Cruickshank, Gordon, Niemi, Kello, Rosset, McLaughlin, Alexander, McDonald in goals we would be challenging for top six!

We have been blessed with good keepers over the years and only now do we realise how important they were!