Pereira

parwj

If DS keeps Pereira in goals he must have absolutely no confidence in any other keeper at the club. If that is the case why didnt we try and bring in another keeper in the window.  I get that he wants a keeper that can play a certain style but cant call him a keeper if he doesnt save anything hit at him.

I dont even want to think of the score if he plays at Parkhead.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

This is extremely worrying. Pereira will take us down he is literally that bad. 

if Stendel persists with him it is a very worrying sign about whether Stendel actually knows what he’s doing. 

And trust me I so so want to believe he does. 

39 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Can someone tech savvy collate his errors into one clip?  Of the top of my head since Stendel came in

v Hamilton away (soft through his hands)

v Hibs  at home (positioning at Boyles goal)

v Aberdeen at home (positioning at free kick and ability to move his feet quick enough)

v St Johnstone away  (down in instalments for the first and  invisible for the 2nd)

v Killie  at home (poor at three goals)

Stendel  might publicly back him - thats the right thing to do, but he'll know the score.   Joel has completely undermined  most of the good work Daniel has done since he came in.  With a decent keeper we'd be 10th at worst, probably higher.

Bobby is a poor replacement and Levein indicated earlier in the year that his head was not in the right place.   Hopefully he's got himself sorted out as this situation will see us relegated if we dont fix it.

The 5th v rangers at ibrox 

1 hour ago, jackal said:

If DS keeps Pereira in goals he must have absolutely no confidence in any other keeper at the club. If that is the case why didnt we try and bring in another keeper in the window.  I get that he wants a keeper that can play a certain style but cant call him a keeper if he doesnt save anything hit at him.

I dont even want to think of the score if he plays at Parkhead.

Your right, smeltic's shots on target column,  could be the same as the final score, very worrying.

Goalkeepers make mistakes, some of our best ever keepers have had howlers.  I can forgive howlers especially the likes of Henry Smith and Giles Rousset who were class shot stoppers.  The point about Periera is he is simply a poor shot stopper, the bread and butter of goalkeeping.    Bobby and Doyle are both far better shot stoppers although neither fills me with great confidence.  

Ive said it before he is the worst keep I can remember since Nelson. He is that bad, doesn't have any decent attributes about him and can't recall him making one decent save since he came here. Needs dropped and sent back down the road pronto. 

Reading DS's comments in the EEN this morning I'm a wee bit flummoxed that he is seeing things so differently to the rest of us. Clearly DS will be making decisions based on what he sees in game and in training but it does feel like there is something else to it. There were a couple of comments in the various threads critical of Pereira that not only were his wages substantial but there was also significant penalties (in terms of the percentage we'd have to bear) if he didn't play, I'm wondering if there is any truth in this and if so he is having to factor it in?

2 hours ago, jackal said:

If DS keeps Pereira in goals he must have absolutely no confidence in any other keeper at the club.

Or, it could be that we are contractually obligated to play him for a certain number of games, with a fine for breaking the terms or for ending the contract early.

That's the problem with loan players from the "big leagues" - they could quite easily have said "You can have him, we'll pay for him, but if you drop him or send him back early, then you are liable for his wages for the time he was with you", knowing fine well that most teams would say aye anyway.

Edit - And right on cue, 1 minute before my post:

1 minute ago, Jap Jambo said:

Reading DS's comments in the EEN this morning I'm a wee bit flummoxed that he is seeing things so differently to the rest of us. Clearly DS will be making decisions based on what he sees in game and in training but it does feel like there is something else to it. There were a couple of comments in the various threads critical of Pereira that not only were his wages substantial but there was also significant penalties (in terms of the percentage we'd have to bear) if he didn't play, I'm wondering if there is any truth in this and if so he is having to factor it in?

Edited by tian447

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Or, it could be that we are contractually obligated to play him for a certain number of games, with a fine for breaking the terms or for ending the contract early.

That's the problem with loan players from the "big leagues" - they could quite easily have said "You can have him, we'll pay for him, but if you drop him or send him back early, then you are liable for his wages for the time he was with you", knowing fine well that most teams would say aye anyway.

The problem we have is irrespective of the penalties this guy playing every game could possibly cost us would it not be better paying them rather than relegation.

It looks to me as if he can't make a save. Our defenders don't even seem that fussed when he makes a blunder even Naismtih didn't go mental at him which is a sign that this is what they expect from him.

The guy needs dropped for tomorrow's game it would be a great chance for Bobby to show if he is wirth a starting place against Celtic.

If indeed we need to play Pereira because of the loan agreement then it is a disgraceful situation. And just another detail on a dossier of total cock ups that very well might see us relegated. 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The problem we have is irrespective of the penalties this guy playing every game could possibly cost us would it not be better paying them rather than relegation.

How much do you reckon he's on at Man United?

A few websites, if you search for Joel Pereira wages, come up with figures between £520,000 and £780,000 for his reported wages.

It's at least £10K a week minimum, which means it could cost us some serious wedge.  Especially if there is a penalty to pay on top of it?  It's money we absolutely do not have to just throw at getting rid of a player!

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It looks to me as if he can't make a save. Our defenders don't even seem that fussed when he makes a blunder even Naismtih didn't go mental at him which is a sign that this is what they expect from him.

Did you miss Halkett going mental at him?

28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

great minds :wink:

Nelly Terraces

Dear outfield Hearts players,

Please one of you go through this clown in training, enough to see him injured the rest of season.

Yours.

The Entire HMFC Support.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Ive said it before he is the worst keep I can remember since Nelson. He is that bad, doesn't have any decent attributes about him and can't recall him making one decent save since he came here. Needs dropped and sent back down the road pronto. 

I had this conversation with one of my work colleagues yesterday. I half-seriously suggested that Ian Baird was a better goalkeeper for us.

From Twitter 

Save percentages since 15/16 season:

Jon McLaughlin 77.92% (36 apps)
Neil Alexander 73.25% (40 apps)
Colin Doyle 73.08% (13 apps)
Viktor Noring 70.59% (3 apps)
Zdeněk Zlámal 67.57% (48 apps)
Jack Hamilton 63.98% (58 apps)
Joel Pereira 57.78% (23 apps)

So pretty much 2 out of every 5 shots end up in the net? Atrocious 

What would be interesting to know is how many teams have scored with their 1st shot on target because it feels like quite a common occurrence 

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Dear outfield Hearts players,

Please one of you go through this clown in training, enough to see him injured the rest of season.

Yours.

The Entire HMFC Support.

😂 maybe the other two could get a wee niggly, not serious injury and enable us to make an emergency signing. 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

From Twitter 

Save percentages since 15/16 season:

Jon McLaughlin 77.92% (36 apps)
Neil Alexander 73.25% (40 apps)
Colin Doyle 73.08% (13 apps)
Viktor Noring 70.59% (3 apps)
Zdeněk Zlámal 67.57% (48 apps)
Jack Hamilton 63.98% (58 apps)
Joel Pereira 57.78% (23 apps)

So pretty much 2 out of every 5 shots end up in the net? Atrocious 

What would be interesting to know is how many teams have scored with their 1st shot on target because it feels like quite a common occurrence 

I honestly can't recall him making a save where you thought it was a great save. Every save he makes seems routine and some of the goals he has let in are horrendous. He seems to have the weakest wrists going about the amount of times the ball has squirmed under him. I think with a better keeper we would have won more points than we are on at the moment. 

Hamilton was terrible as well but he did make some decent stops and Bobby and Doyle can also make the odd decent save. The keeper situation though is horrendous, 3 keepers and if you put them all together you would still struggle to get a decent one. I honestly think there will be better goalkeepers playing at the local park on a Saturday afternoon. 

58 minutes ago, tian447 said:

How much do you reckon he's on at Man United?

A few websites, if you search for Joel Pereira wages, come up with figures between £520,000 and £780,000 for his reported wages.

It's at least £10K a week minimum, which means it could cost us some serious wedge.  Especially if there is a penalty to pay on top of it?  It's money we absolutely do not have to just throw at getting rid of a player!

How much do you estimtae we will lose if we are relegated?

59 minutes ago, kila said:

Did you miss Halkett going mental at him?

Which game are you referring to? If it was Wednesday then I did miss it.

47 minutes ago, kila said:

What do you have in mind? ;)

I think you know exactly what I have in mind, shame McLean is away really...

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 maybe the other two could get a wee niggly, not serious injury and enable us to make an emergency signing. 

They would be told to recall Stone from his loan knowing our luck. It seems only certain teams are allowed these emergency signings these days.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They would be told to recall Stone from his loan knowing our luck. It seems only certain teams are allowed these emergency signings these days.

Has Stone been loaned out? Missed that.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

This last point is always raised when a loan player is playing badly but being persisted with.

I think it says more about the shite options we have.

I have never seen such a tall keeper with large hands punch the ball at every opportunity.  It is not as if he punches with any direction, the ball goes anywhere.  This cannot be good for the rest of the defence, especially Halkett and Souttar.

If Hearts do get relegated then "PEREIRA" will be Stendel's farewell message  

BOMBSCARE

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Which game are you referring to? If it was Wednesday then I did miss it.

Watch the spfl highlights, you can hear Halkett shouting "STAY ON YOUR......., ****ING STAY ON YOUR LINE"

I thought it was a fan at first but you can its Halkett with his body language timing with the words.

Just now, dsk1210 said:

Watch the spfl highlights, you can hear Halkett shouting "STAY ON YOUR......., ****ING STAY ON YOUR LINE"

I thought it was a fan at first but you can its Halkett with his body language timing with the words.

I don't need to watch the highlights I was at the game on Wednesday  and at Perth and two pathetic performances from a crap Goalkeeper who is letting his team-mates down.

I asked which game and you still haven't said although I am assuming it was the Killie game.

I have no idea if that was Halkett shouting or not but there was still no reaction from the players at his attemts to save any of the goals and that goes for most games he had played showing that they don't expect him to save anything.

Scottie Wanshot.

he cant be back in the team, as soon as anyone gets a shot in, he goes down, I mean anybody knows you have to make yourself big. if he stays in goal, we go down.

Simple as that.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

An example from a Liverpool fine due to not getting enough game time...

Awoniyi joined Liverpool in August 2015 and signed an improved five-year contract in 2018.

He has had loan spells at FSV Frankfurt in Germany and Dutch side NEC Nijmegen, and was at Mouscron in 2017-18 before returning to the Belgian side in January 2019 having struggled to make an impact at Gent during the first half of last season.

Gent were forced to pay Liverpool a financial penalty as part of the deal after Awoniyi failed to start 70% of their matches.

The last time I had the heebie-geebies about our goalkeeper was when Tepi Moilanen came in to replace Neimi.   Thankfully, Tepi only lasted a season and a half until Gordon was promoted permanently to 1st team starter.  

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

An example from a Liverpool fine due to not getting enough game time...

Awoniyi joined Liverpool in August 2015 and signed an improved five-year contract in 2018.

He has had loan spells at FSV Frankfurt in Germany and Dutch side NEC Nijmegen, and was at Mouscron in 2017-18 before returning to the Belgian side in January 2019 having struggled to make an impact at Gent during the first half of last season.

Gent were forced to pay Liverpool a financial penalty as part of the deal after Awoniyi failed to start 70% of their matches.

If we took Pereira on a similar type of deal then Levein and whoever else was involved in bringing him to the club need their heads looking at.

I wonder if they ever actually watched him playing to assess how good he is or did they just assume oh he's a Man Utd player he must be good.

Maybe he will get an injury in training and help us out.

Scottie Wanshot.

just heared Pereira in goals for Saturday,   what the feck is the manager thinking about. Worst HEARTS goalie ever.  

WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

he cant be back in the team, as soon as anyone gets a shot in, he goes down, I mean anybody knows you have to make yourself big. if he stays in goal, we go down.

Simple as that.

Sorry to say I feel the same. I'm just hoping that Stendel's remarks to the EEN were more about protecting Joel's confidence rather than not taking him out of the team. He is right about the team as a whole improving on defence though, White was caught miles out of position for the third goal and Souttar was caught napping.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Just mental. Seems to be only blaming Joel for the third goal. 

I think he is blaming the others goals on a multiple things which is correct.Yes keeper is at fault but so are others.

Not defending the keeper though he is shite.

Scottie Wanshot.
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This for me. Pereira has looked iffy from the start. Under Levein it looked like Zlamal might come back in, but Stendel's system needs a goalie who can come out and do the sweeper keeper thing, but at what cost if he keeps letting shots go right through him?

he tried to come out for the 2nd goal, and made a mess of it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The goalkeeping was so bad for all three goals against Killie that Stendel cannot justify not dropping him. He has to be replaced. Goal three was lettuce hands but his positioning and reading of the game for goals one and two...well, impossible to excuse

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I go back to what I said earlier as well - did we actually scout this guy or did we just sign him? Because his skill set is totally inadequate 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I have watched that and if you play itr back and listen the person making the comments is still saying it as the ball goes in the next and that does not seem like Halkett saying it to me.

He does have a bit of a reaction to Pereira's mistake which I didn't notice at the time but he was the only one Souttar just turned away.

2 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

I think this has to be close to the truth. I mean, we have a goalkeeping coach, a respected assistant coach (that was a goalkeeping coach previously)... and a decent manager. If the three of them can't see what we all see.... then what hope is there?

However,  I just don't believe that, they're professionals. There has to be a reason.

10 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

just heared Pereira in goals for Saturday,   what the feck is the manager thinking about. Worst HEARTS goalie ever.  

WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

I suppose it depends on how you know this and if it is true.

If it is then I am very disappointed in DS's judgement and don't think he will be doing much to help the confidence of the team but particularly the defence.

I can only assume him and Sievers think that he is the best of a bad bunch but on a personal front I would have played Bobby tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Be a shocking decision if bobby is not in goal.

Seems like he won't be according to Stendel's most recent media comments.

Just looked back again at the goals we conceded from the last 2 games.

I honestly believe a decent Juniors keeper would have saved at least 3 of the 6 we conceded.

Do we have another Man Utd, Mitchell type clause in Pereira's loan contract ??

Are we obligated to play him when he is fit ?

Could we not have insisted that should he go all hologram on us that we could drop him ?

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have watched that and if you play itr back and listen the person making the comments is still saying it as the ball goes in the next and that does not seem like Halkett saying it to me.

He does have a bit of a reaction to Pereira's mistake which I didn't notice at the time but he was the only one Souttar just turned away.

I think it's Halkett yelling. The more times you watch it the more you realise he's not a goalie. Halkett would have just pushed the scorer towards the corner flag and that would have been it. That goal killed the game before half time. The third goal and his jazz hands was just the final caveat to his lack of goalie skills.