• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is the key point.  

I live in East Dunbartonshire and we were initially told the reset would be for a couple of weeks, then we were straight into Tier 3, now we are into Tier 4 which we all know should have been done weeks ago.

I don’t believe a word that comes out of that woman’s mouth and now we have Tier 4 to deal with.

I absolutely cannot believe there are people on this thread today smuggly posting that her action today somehow contradicts some of the criticism aimed at her.  The way the West has been handled has been a total and utter shambles for weeks and now after all that the reward is three weeks at level 4.  I’m absolutely sick to death of it.  

Welcome to world where everything NS does is great and proves she is correct. 

Forget 2 week firebreak, forget tiers being wrong for weeks, get with programme and join the cult. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I really hope so.  It’s good to see that some other areas like East Lothian are going the right direction, I’ve already had my dad on the phone (lives in North Berwick) saying he can now go down the pub again.  I don’t tend to swear at my old man but I was pretty close! 

At least some people getting good news, just a matter of time before the rest of us get the same!

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’s that EXACT attitude that’s got them where they are

Pretty sure it's house parties and schools. Don't think the intention to travel an hour to get a pint gives you coronavirus.

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Per Mooth.  Possibly the most pathetic attempt to convey scrutiny in history.  

Yep, criticise Ruth Davidson instead of focusing attention on who designed tiers and then ****ed it up till being forced into action weeks after everyone knew she got it wrong. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

There's some old boy over in America who talks a good game. Apparently will be free from January. Sign him up to do the wall-building.

And he's got Scottish blood. Let's get all the expats home and make Scotland great again!

Malinga the Swinga
20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Year from hell this. Pretty hard not to get depressed.  

Just think of Halkett lifting trophy in December at Hampden. That will cheer you up. 

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Welcome to world where everything NS does is great and proves she is correct. 

Forget 2 week firebreak, forget tiers being wrong for weeks, get with programme and join the cult. 

I am pretty sure that by the end of latest set of restrictions the West of Scotland must have endured more restrictions than any other part of the UK given the fact the first lockdown was eased in Scotland at a much slower rate than rest of UK.  There might be a couple of places down south but I would be surprised.  As I said, shambles.  

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Pretty sure it's house parties and schools. Don't think the intention to travel an hour to get a pint gives you coronavirus.

You may already have it and give it.

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There's some old boy over in America who talks a good game. Apparently will be free from January. Sign him up to do the wall-building.

Yes.....it will be a good wall, it will be a Great Wall....our wall....it will make us great again.....golf anyone?

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

You may already have it and give it.

You may. It doesn’t quite answer the question of why the numbers a ]re stubbornly high though. Just my thoughts but given schools being open and social gatherings in homes seems to be commonplace it’s like the elephant in the room is being ignored and more restrictions are being placed in areas that may not be having a significant effect on the numbers. 

Malinga the Swinga
37 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Blah blah, SNP great, England bad, blah blah, NS wonderful, BJ rubbish, blah blah Scotland following plan, England panicking, blah blah I love Nickie S. 

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Take it with these level 4s incoming that the mega costly louisa Jordan hospital is getting used now? Surely? .....

Yeah she was rambling on about not overwhelming the nhs yet we have this hospital and it hasn’t been used ??! Mmm fishy 

Malinga the Swinga
51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Adolfa Sturgeon trying harder to suppress the virus in her SNP support heartlands.  Doesn't care about the virus running out of control in poor old Edinburgh.  

Sorry, but is this some sort of attempt at humour? Wasn't sure as don't see any humour in what she has done or how long it has taken her. 

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Take it with these level 4s incoming that the mega costly louisa Jordan hospital is getting used now? Surely? .....

The LJ is currently being used for other stuff allegedly, out-patients etc...

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sorry, but is this some sort of attempt at humour? Wasn't sure as don't see any humour in what she has done or how long it has taken her. 

If this is an attempt at being disingenuous then it is a roaring success. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah she was rambling on about not overwhelming the nhs yet we have this hospital and it hasn’t been used ??! Mmm fishy 

Probably short of staff if jambo-jimbo's account is anything to go by.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You may. It doesn’t quite answer the question of why the numbers a ]re stubbornly high though. Just my thoughts but given schools being open and social gatherings in homes seems to be commonplace it’s like the elephant in the room is being ignored and more restrictions are being placed in areas that may not be having a significant effect on the numbers. 

That's the big question, how is it being transmitted in greater numbers through the west, is it the couldn't give a feck mindset, diet, climate, all three?

Just now, OBE said:

That's the big question, how is it being transmitted in greater numbers through the west, is it the couldn't give a feck mindset, diet, climate, all three?

Jings, you'd think you were referring to a different continent.😄

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Over 2 million a month to run allegedly. Sat empty for 8 months. 

Nucky Thompson

The East coast branch of the Sturgeon cult claiming some kind of victory because she never put Edinburgh in the same level as Glasgow :rofl:

Aye, we should all be grateful right enough :Aye:

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Jings, you'd think you were referring to a different continent.😄

Gallus, lacking Vitamin D and it pishes down past Harthill...dinnae laugh.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Judging by ri Alban's posts, away OF crowds and Hogmanay comedy shows, it's a different species ;) 

I'm certainly confused about why it's so high through here. You don't see many people about at all and 90% of workers are in the house.

Maybe it's younger people, Primark shoppers or students etc? I'm at a loss, as I rarely see or hear of people going against the guidelines.

5 minutes ago, OBE said:

It is. Not convinced that the increased restrictions will do the job. If good attitudes aren’t there numbers will continue to rise. How many cases of infections happen in clothes shops or bookstores or jewellers? How many cases happen on public transport to non essential businesses? Enough to see the numbers drop? We are going to find out I suppose but at what economic cost?

1 minute ago, OBE said:

Gallus, lacking Vitamin D and it pishes down past Harthill...dinnae laugh.

Actually you may have a point about Vit D, I've not seen the sun in weeks here!

54 minutes ago, LMc said:

I don't feel like I need a pint so much that I'll head through to Midlothian/East Lothian to have a considerable main meal just so I can get a pint. I'm assuming only pubs with a kitchen will be able to open as well? 2 hour time limit probably as well?

I can wait.

Main meal is only a requirement indoors, if a pub has a beer garden you can just sit outside and get pished

If you go up Calton Hill on a Friday and Saturday night there's some raves going on. Hundreds of young students getting pished and stoned because it is the only place they can congregate in a place without getting closed down. Seems a place for dealers to sell their gear too. No sign of the Police.

So this means Straiton  is now out of bounds for me , 

positive news at least , no more bloody IKEA for a while . 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is. Not convinced that the increased restrictions will do the job. If good attitudes aren’t there numbers will continue to rise. How many cases of infections happen in clothes shops or bookstores or jewellers? How many cases happen on public transport to non essential businesses? Enough to see the numbers drop? We are going to find out I suppose but at what economic cost?

Exactly. Not sure moving them to tier 4 this late in the game will make much difference to how things are going in tier 3. Oh and the icing on the cake, lock the lot down but families can mix with families via schooling remaining open. Makes sense. 😂

13 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm certainly confused about why it's so high through here. You don't see many people about at all and 90% of workers are in the house.

Maybe it's younger people, Primark shoppers or students etc? I'm at a loss, as I rarely see or hear of people going against the guidelines.

Prob the "rubbishy" tests are picking up bits of a cold virus from last year. 

26 minutes ago, OBE said:

Really obvious to see that, transmission through school kids is happening, my personal opinion kids shouldn't be at school during this, the technology we have nowadays is scary, classes could be done through zoom calls, etc stopping transmission of this virus even more. 

How kids can be judged on grades through what work they have done in class to me is bonkers, what is the point in even having exams prelims etc, if that's the case for kids to not be able to sit exams two years in a row is not justifiable, it's wrong and isn't fair on there futures. 

Hearing two vaccines have been approved, and Oxford to release there results this week . 

Having tier systems is stupid and all it causes is division between people,  having a fair system that works across the board is far more sensible. 

What the governments should be saying is look we are going to have to put up with this, for at least 4-5 months we have had really good early results in vaccines and therapies etc, If we drive this virus down to a level like we did during summer we can defeat it, upon that we need your help, we need as much people to be vaccinated as possible, vaccinating not only protects you, it's protects the people around you, don't think about yourselves think about others, on top of that every single government person should be shown live while getting vaccinated, to gain public trust. 

Trust in society is massive, its time our leaders step up to the mark. 

15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Actually you may have a point about Vit D, I've not seen the sun in weeks here!

The sun aye, but also Soy milk, Salmon, Sardines, Fortified Breakfast Cereal, Pork Chops, Orange Juice, Yogurt & Mushrooms, all good vitamin D sources...:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

* That was an official broadcast on behalf of the Scottish National Party.

I think it's hospitals not hospitality she needs to sort out. Even before Covid we had the £1m a day cost of the new Sick Kids hospital that can't open. Not to mention the hospital in Glasgow spreading disease due to pigeons in the water tanks. Now, Covid infections increasingly spreading within hospitals. How that Jean Jeanie woman is still in position beggars belief.  I suppose it doesn't help her separation obsession if she has to sack ministers.

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

So this means Straiton  is now out of bounds for me , 

positive news at least , no more bloody IKEA for a while . 

every cloud 

2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can we make Glasgow pay for it though?:P

😂 Their is a guy in America that’ll be looking for a new job soon. 

19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Only 6 weeks too late.

That ‘circuit breaker’ certainly did the trick!

:rofl: 

So you now think Sturgeon should have been harsher in her measures? Some turnaround. 

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Really obvious to see that, transmission through school kids is happening, my personal opinion kids shouldn't be at school during this, the technology we have nowadays is scary, classes could be done through zoom calls, etc stopping transmission of this virus even more. 

How kids can be judged on grades through what work they have done in class to me is bonkers, what is the point in even having exams prelims etc, if that's the case for kids to not be able to sit exams two years in a row is not justifiable, it's wrong and isn't fair on there futures. 

Hearing two vaccines have been approved, and Oxford to release there results this week . 

Having tier systems is stupid and all it causes is division between people,  having a fair system that works across the board is far more sensible. 

What the governments should be saying is look we are going to have to put up with this, for at least 4-5 months we have had really good early results in vaccines and therapies etc, If we drive this virus down to a level like we did during summer we can defeat it, upon that we need your help, we need as much people to be vaccinated as possible, vaccinating not only protects you, it's protects the people around you, don't think about yourselves think about others, on top of that every single government person should be shown live while getting vaccinated, to gain public trust. 

Trust in society is massive, its time our leaders step up to the mark. 

My daughters prelims are next week. Others won't be till February next year. Where is consistency and how do you mark these fairly. It's a shambles but SQA and government only had about 8 months to plan, so shouldn't expect Swinney to have a clue. 

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Prob the "rubbishy" tests are picking up bits of a cold virus from last year. 

Def to do with old firm fans.

the areas with the most are now all tier 4.

apart from N Ayrshire.

Not even Covid would visit north ayrshire

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:rofl: 

So you now think Sturgeon should have been harsher in her measures? Some turnaround. 

It was never about being harsher, it was about doing right thing quickly and fairly. Stop deflecting. 

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Def to do with old firm fans.

the areas with the most are now all tier 4.

apart from N Ayrshire.

Not even Covid would visit north ayrshire

Maybe the OF scarves are the vectors of the disease. Perhaps the daily briefings could include a reminder to wash all OF scarves at 60c....preferably while they are still round the owner's neck.

46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The East coast branch of the Sturgeon cult claiming some kind of victory because she never put Edinburgh in the same level as Glasgow :rofl:

Aye, we should all be grateful right enough :Aye:

:cornette:

It wasn't the SNP supporters soiling their knickers at Edinburgh moving to tier 4.  You lot were desperate for it to happen so you could have something to moan about.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It was never about being harsher, it was about doing right thing quickly and fairly. Stop deflecting. 

Glasgow in 4. Edinburgh is in 3. Your moaning and bleating about a west-coast bias is utter drivel.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:cornette:

It wasn't the SNP supporters soiling their knickers at Edinburgh moving to tier 4.  You lot were desperate for it to happen so you could have something to moan about.

No one wants Edinburgh in tier 4,what was wanted was differentiation between West and East. We got that but it was weeks late. Still, it's done now but you carry on deflecting Scottish government ineptitude. 

No doubt your two pals will be on to assist. In fact, they already are. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

No one wants Edinburgh in tier 4,what was wanted was differentiation between West and East. We got that but it was weeks late. Still, it's done now but you carry on deflecting Scottish government ineptitude. 

No doubt your two pals will be on to assist. 

You've made a tit of yourself with your ridiculous claims that there was no way Sturgeon would put Glasgow in a higher tier than Edinburgh.

It's ok to admit it.

So are children allowed to travel from say Edinburgh Council to Fife Council for sports classes ?

To give it a bit of context we live in South Queensferry and the wee one does gymnastics 5 minutes over the bridge but wondering if taking her would now make me a criminal ...

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic