Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Probably best if you don't pitch up in Musselburgh looking for a pint either. You wont get one due to SNP policy.

Funnily enough, I wasn't going to go to Musselburgh for a pint. Barely touch booze and not had any for about 3 months. However, if I wanted to go for a pint, neither NS or SNP policy would stop me. 

In fact, it would encourage me to do so, for both enjoying pint and sticking it up you. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I was thinking about going to costco, The meatball pasta bake is fantastic.

They had stopped the wee food tasters when the pandemic started, but they are back on again :thumb:

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well it never did you any harm. :(

Although i Completely agree with their smacking ban . It’s assault pure and simple let’s not dress it up as disciplining children appropriately 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh FFS you're hard work. I'm trying really hard not to assist your self-ridiculing agenda. I guess the key point in yet another desperate link is "ahead of welcoming their first patients". So, we've got a hospital with faulty ventilation,  not suitable for surgery but with an outpatient dept and clinical staff who are unpacking ? All this after years of delay. Stick it in your manifesto next year. It's a winner. For the final time,it opens in January. Unless you know better? Is it accepting in-patients and emergency admissions?? Kinda integral for a hospital that's open, I would suggest.

Again no need to blame SNP as they were only in control of contracts and ensuring everything in order. Probably students or schools fault. 

57 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The inquiry you refer to , found that vulnerable patients were put at "unnecessary risk" due to safety and hygiene failures.

Trouble is you said  "Not to mention the hospital in Glasgow spreading disease due to pigeons in the water tanks." Here's what the report said 

"The authors said the presence of pigeons within the hospital was "not sufficient to establish a strong association or causative link" with the infections, and that the idea they were caused by "contaminated air" was "not a sound theory on its own"."

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Didn't happen, my parents weren't pondlife. ❤️

I bet they regret that now. :(

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well done.  You have identified the type of inconsequential infraction of the law that will never be policed,  prosecuted or an arse bothered about.  We all know the specific nature of inter-regional travel that legislation is being created for.  

You should continue your illicit travel and sleep quite soundly.  

They won't even attempt to police it.

There will be hundreds of businesses in Edinburgh who need to use Costco to buy stock.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

There will be hundreds of businesses in Edinburgh who need to use Costco to buy stock.

Spot on.  There will be minimum policing right across the board.  She more or less said so.  She's still trying to appeal to people to live by the spirit of the measures.  There will be infractions on spectrum from inconsequential to utter piss taking.  There will be a small number of prosecutions.  On we go on our merry way.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Spot on.  There will be minimum policing right across the board.  She more or less said so.  She's still trying to appeal to people to live by the spirit of the measures.  There will be infractions on spectrum from inconsequential to utter piss taking.  There will be a small number of prosecutions.  On we go on our merry way.

If you introduce a law that you know will be broken, then surely that's a bad law. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Two things I would add

1 - in a month deaths have gone from less than 70 to over 240 per week with restrictions in place. 

2 - the numbers and predictions are the ones the Government are using to determine policy, it is what they expected to happen. So right or wrong people need to understand that’s where they are coming from. 

Two things I would add.

1 - Does that not tell you that the restrictions in place are not working very well?

2 - We know where the numbers and predictions are coming from, that isn't the issue, the issue is that these model based predictions are generally shite.

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Which makes it an essential journey and allowed.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It's a slippery slope, Hammy.

While I don't doubt that they and their supporters firmly believe that they are 'doing the right thing', they strike me (ooh, the irony) as the kind of people that watch their neighbours having a barbecue and a couple of beers on a sunny Sunday afternoon from behind their curtains and tut-tut, secretly wishing that they would get an invite. Now that they have some power, they are using it to get their revenge.

This us exactly what happened jn

East Germany and countries under the iron curtain  

37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't have an IKEA or Costco in my local authority area so I'll be travelling for my essential shopping

Good point I never thought of that. 

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not a full travel ban. You can still travel into different areas for a variety of reasons -work (if you can not work from home), co-parenting, healthcare, essential shopping and even recycling (if it is not available in your area).

Not negating your point, just worth mentioning. 

Fair points .. recycling though? Like I say crazy stuff! That is pandering

Heartsmad1874

Just switched dispatches on from last night.

Undercover reporter at a lab in Northern Ireland seeing stuff from leaking test kits to them being thrown away by accident and samples leaking over guys who came to collect cardboard ::facepaw::.

And thats only the first part :lol: 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

London taxi driver spent 7 months in hospital with covid.  3 months in a coma.  Heart attack,  liver failure,  lung failure.  Family told three times to say their last goodbyes.  He was welcomed back by his neighbours recently.  Great stuff,  well done him and his family.  :)

The worst part is yet to come.....the bit where he bores the tits off every passenger with his story.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Terrible news mate, fingers crossed you can get though it.

5 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

That’s brutal man, hope things are ok for next few weeks. 

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sorry to hear that - saw your posts earlier in the year about this hitting your business hard. Fingers crossed you can get through the other side.

Thanks folks. It's not great but we came back the last time so we'll do so again. As long as we get some kind of support from the Government we'll manage fine. There are folks way worse off sadly. It's just really tough to see your business being battered about. It's just about hanging in until we're all able to get back to normal

50 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Except that the all these scientists were telling us it was going to get worse in the winter, they predicted it. In the first wave with no restrictions it took only a few days to make that jump in deaths. 

You don't need to be a scientist to predict that a respiratory virus will get worse in the winter.

AlphonseCapone

To folk feeling down about everything going on I can't stress enough about getting away from this thread for a few weeks. 

Popped back in for a look today for the first time in a while and reading through it with fresh eyes you see it's an utterly horrendous thread on so many levels. Worst thread on JKB.

Honestly for your own mental health, avoid this thread for a wee while. 

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Might well be common sense but not how they do it in Spain.

Nope but it is totally impossible to police unless you bring in the army- though reaction to that would be something to behold...

Edited by steve123

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The Sun eh! They make it look like the Police have called the travel restrictions ‘draconian’   but it was a Lib Dem MSP not the police

Yea but do have quotes from police explaining their stance, they will not be jumping for joy with all these new laws thats for sure.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Except that the all these scientists were telling us it was going to get worse in the winter, they predicted it. In the first wave with no restrictions it took only a few days to make that jump in deaths. 

Scientists were also predicting virus would double every few days and chose to show the graph confirming this. Just a shame that the graph was a load of outdaded garbage that was intended for one purpose only and that was to scare people. 

Now you want to give them credit for telling us that a respiratory virus will get worse during the UK flu season. 

I can confidently predict that next winter respiratory illnesses will increase from next summer. 

12 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Nope but it is totally impossible to police unless you bring in the army- though reaction to that would be something to behold...

Speeding is impossible to police.......

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I wasn’t  disputing that, just laughing at the Sun’s version of journalism. 

Ahhh yea with you there it is like a comic.

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

It's not just an outpatients department and even if it were, so what? You said it was empty and not being used, it is being used. You are wrong. Here's what one of their own had to say. 

Dr Edward Doyle, Associate Divisional Medical Director, Women’s and Children’s Services, NHS Lothian said, “The Royal Hospital for Children and Young people is such a fantastic facility for patients, their families and our staff. I know how much this move means to my colleagues, so it is wonderful to see the first clinical teams unpacking and settling in to their new home ahead of welcoming their first patients.

Looks like the transition is underway. 

Whether it's open now or not (and it's nowhere near fully functional), it was a monumental fu(kup. Just one of of a litany of monumental fu(kups the SNP have presided over. How can you continually try to defend the indefensible?

It was suggested your unwavering defence of all things SNP was admirable. I tend to think the devotion to the party is seriously worrying. They could do absolutely anything and you lot would have their backs. Thankfully I've never met any in real life and I'm still not sure you actually exist outside Kickback and Twitter.

Mad cult.

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So it was always going to be worse in winter, but not worse than the first wave, because that doesn’t fit the narrative that the restrictions are having no affect. Why would the virus be significantly different than during the first wave?

Maybe because a large percentage of the vulnerable caught it in the first wave. Viruses tend to come and go in waves with it without restrictions.

Just now, graygo said:

Speeding is impossible to police.......

The Police have a department and cameras for that though, Covid restrictions are well ...

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

The Police have a department and cameras for that though, Covid restrictions are well ...

You're missing the point mate, the police never had a department and cameras before speed limits came about.

My point is that they might not catch everyone, they don't need to. Random checks would deter quite a few from breaking the law.

The Mighty Thor
21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

But schools don’t close in Tier 4? And that could only be 20 cases, which could still be hundreds of kids off school isolating. 

It may not be only 20 cases. What were the positive case numbers from Lanarkshire schools last week? 630 odd. Was that 630 outbreaks?

Here's a prediction. Just as has been the case the last 6 weeks, calling it Tier 4 will make no material difference to spread of infection in the next 3 weeks. 

The 'stubborn virus' isn't as stubborn or stupid as the SG who still refuse to address the main vector of transmission in the community. 

Just now, graygo said:

You're missing the point mate, the police never had a department and cameras before speed limits came about.

My point is that they might not catch everyone, they don't need to. Random checks would deter quite a few from breaking the law.

Yea fair enough I agree with that.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Although i Completely agree with their smacking ban . It’s assault pure and simple let’s not dress it up as disciplining children appropriately 

Agreed

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

And you have made a tit of yourself coming on here trying to pretend this hasn’t been a total shambles for weeks.  An absolute total shambles that you continue to try and defend via all means necessary.

The Scottish government have got this absolutely wrong and people are suffering as a result.  It’s ok to admit it.  

What would you like to see the SG doing?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
29 minutes ago, graygo said:

You don't need to be a scientist to predict that a respiratory virus will get worse in the winter.

respiratory illness increase between 4 & 8x during winter worst spells being jan & feb according to my trusted sources (flat earthers yeti spotters etc)

winter being a real challenging time this year no shock to the flat-earthers

are people genuinely surprised that things might get worse as we move into winter?

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They had stopped the wee food tasters when the pandemic started, but they are back on again :thumb:

I've only been a member since it all started. I love it though. 12 pack of yazoo and a massive pizza is a dinner of champions 😂

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It may not be only 20 cases. What were the positive case numbers from Lanarkshire schools last week? 630 odd. Was that 630 outbreaks?

Here's a prediction. Just as has been the case the last 6 weeks, calling it Tier 4 will make no material difference to spread of infection in the next 3 weeks. 

The 'stubborn virus' isn't as stubborn or stupid as the SG who still refuse to address the main vector of transmission in the community. 

Most of Europe are keeping schools open.  

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Scientists were also predicting virus would double every few days and chose to show the graph confirming this. Just a shame that the graph was a load of outdaded garbage that was intended for one purpose only and that was to scare people. 

Now you want to give them credit for telling us that a respiratory virus will get worse during the UK flu season. 

I can confidently predict that next winter respiratory illnesses will increase from next summer. 

The graph showed a worst case scenario if we did nothing.

We didn't do nothing.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

the protect the vulnerable let everyone else carry on strategy of the barrington alien spotters was very broadly try to shield the over 60s and vulnerable and let the rest charge on and the inevitable infections amongst the less vulnerable would build up immunity (very broadly)

we've currently got an extreme version of that except it’s shield the over 20/25s

wee jimmy k selling snake oil to the converted as she lets the virus rip through the less vulnerable

🙀

husref musemic
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We didn't do nothing.

We have a world beating death rate. 

But 0.0001% better than England so all's good.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We didn't do nothing.

They showed graph designed to scare people when they knew that it had been discredited. They had been asked not to, but they went ahead anyway because scaring people was their sole intention. 

8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

"And there must be no essential travel between Scotland and other parts of the UK."

I assume that bit is a misprint.

More illiterate journalism than a misprint. A bit like this - "The travel ban does not prevent people travelling between tier one or two areas, but does cover these people going into theirs three and four."

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

From where is the key question 🤔 

Somewhere nice and high would be good. Can I suggest top of the new bridge crossing. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic