Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

if the money won’t be found to convert the unemployed catering staff into medicine hander outers etc does that mean the nhs is being allowed to be overwhelmed rather than it actually being overwhelmed

a manufactured state of being overwhelmed - this needs clarified with wee jimmy k and boris

home carers they do a lot of nursing-type tasks and were even included in the clapping at one point - as far as I’m aware you literally need absolutely zero formal qualifications to be one of those - the emphasis being on formal as clearly you need to posses a certain skill set within your nature I for example wouldn’t be capable despite being considerably more cleverer than all bar the top percentile

:)

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

A rich business person and 51 of their friends decide to buy a current Scottish premier league football team at a rate of one per week so after 3 weeks 3 of the business people have a team each

how many current Scottish premier league teams do they own by the end of the year? has everyone bought a team?

8 hours ago, Victorian said:

They had to build the capacity first and foremost.  They had less staff sick leave at that point plus a good few people came out of retirement or rejoined.  If the Nightingales had been used to more capacity they would have begun to use medics from the forces.  The first thing was to create the places to house people.  

Makes sense. Now you mention it I remember people from the forces being readied to step in. 

Dennis Reynolds
6 hours ago, graygo said:

I'll tell you what's offensive, in fact no, it's just plain ignorant.

Going off on a big rant like you just did, laced with a few personal insults and all because you refuse to acknowledge the point I made - "They could find the money if they wanted to"

In fact you did acknowledge it by saying "They don't want to spend the money" that is quite different from saying they can't find the money. You even state that it's not a government priority, well how about arguing that it bloody well should be?

And yes, if it takes months to train someone to do the jobs "a step or two below an auxiliary nurse" (is an auxiliary really only a step or two above a cleaner? - your words) and that eases the pressure on them then why not? Please don't say because that's not how hospitals work, that's not the point.

For the record, this pandemic has so far cost the government less than half what the banking crisis cost them and you think they can't afford free school meals for a week? :rofl:

If you type stupid things, don't be offended if you're called stupid. In this case, you got off lightly. If thats a personal insult then block me or stop posting absolute drivel.

You seem to think "They could find the money if they want to" just means looking at a peice of paper with a numerical number on it and saying "FOUND IT", without actually spending it. Fine. If that's the way you want to interpret that, cool. 

The government could find money to invent a ray gun that stops people called, something beginning with g, posting on a popular hearts forum. Yep, they could find that money. 

Sounds a bit stupid eh? They could find the money for that though. Of course they could. That's your logic. 

Funny how the government can 'find' almost double the amount of money for their pals in the banking sector but not fund jobs in the NHS eh? Thanks for making my point for me.

Edited by LMc

14 minutes ago, LMc said:

If you type stupid things, don't be offended if you're called stupid. In this case, you got off lightly. If thats a personal insult then block me or stop posting absolute drivel.

You seem to think "They could find the money if they want to" just means looking at a peice of paper with a numerical number on it and saying "FOUND IT", without actually spending it. Fine. If that's the way you want to interpret that, cool. 

The government could find money to invent a ray gun that stops people called, something beginning with g, posting on a popular hearts forum. Yep, they could find that money. 

Sounds a bit stupid eh? They could find the money for that though. Of course they could. That's your logic. 

Funny how the government can 'find' almost double the amount of money for their pals in the banking sector but not fund jobs in the NHS eh? Thanks for making my point for me.

Feck me, you accuse me of posting drivel then post that pile of shite that a 6 year old would even be embarrassed about. Ray guns? Seriously?

Let me make it simpler for you to understand. When I say "find the money" I actually mean "borrow the money". surely to Christ you knew that? If not then maybe an adult forum is not the best place for you as the grown ups on it won't always dumb things down for you.

Can you not even see how contradictory your last paragraph is? Makes your point? It does the fecking opposite.

My idea might not be feasible but if you're going to start having a go at me rather than just arguing the point then I'm going to hit back, that's what happens with grown ups.

Edited by graygo

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, LMc said:

The government couldn't find a few million to pay for school meals and have watched (and commended) as the UK public stepped in to fill these gaps in hospitals and care homes. They ain't finding any money for this.

The rules won't be changed because if something goes wrong, the hospital gets sued. Sadly that's the world we live in nowadays and it's an ever increasing situation. If the mistake is made by someone who hasn't had the correct training then the hospital doesn't have a leg to stand on. 

Good post. 

Unfortunately, we also live in a world where utter cretins believe anyone can be a nurse. 

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good post. 

Unfortunately, we also live in a world where utter cretins believe anyone can be a nurse. 

🤣

12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good post. 

Another one making shit up, who said that?

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

🤣

Some arsehole on the internet called me a cretin, hardly surprising that a wee guy like you found it funny. 

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Some arsehole on the internet called me a cretin, hardly surprising that a wee guy like you found it funny. 

🤣 

Weakened Offender
33 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just to clarify, you're no longer asking me who said that now then? 😊

21 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just to clarify, you're no longer asking me who said that now then? 😊

I asked you who said "anyone can be a nurse" unfortunately you never had the balls to say you meant me so you implied it. Either way you were wrong.

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

@graygo, they must be trolling you, bud. Nobody who can operate a keyboard could actually be that stupid.

Here's one of the other ones. 😁

Dennis Reynolds
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

@graygo, they must be trolling you, bud. Nobody who can operate a keyboard could actually be that stupid.

Speaking from experience, aye?

Dennis Reynolds
38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Someones jimmies have been rustled this morning

Anyway, looks like Sunak will announce extended furlough today, which is expected to allow for flexibility for areas dependent where they are in restrictions. If so suggest dramatically reduces chances of lockdown in Scotland. 

Some good news in rather depressing times. 

Yeah that's great news tbf. Prospect of another full lockdown was grating on me. 

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The very definition of irony after the way you and the wee guy have been tag teaming me.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, graygo said:

The very definition of irony after the way you and the wee guy have been tag teaming me.

Why do you keep calling me "wee guy"? Creepy old man patter.

47 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Someones jimmies have been rustled this morning

Anyway, looks like Sunak will announce extended furlough today, which is expected to allow for flexibility for areas dependent where they are in restrictions. If so suggest dramatically reduces chances of lockdown in Scotland. 

Some good news in rather depressing times. 

Good news, means NS doesn't need to follow England into lockdown just now, does it clear the way for her to do it in future though knowing that furlough will be available?

Just now, LMc said:

Why do you keep calling me "wee guy"? Creepy old man patter.

You are just a wee guy though aren't you? Nothing to be ashamed about, acting hard online must be helping a bit.

Dennis Reynolds

You are just a wee guy though aren't you? Nothing to be ashamed about, acting hard online must be helping a bit.

:cornette:

Edited by LMc

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hiya weakened.

Hiya pal. 🖐

5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Speaking from experience, aye?

Doesn't everyone? You seem switched on enough generally so it looks to me like you must be wilfully missing graygo's point. I don't know why that may be and I don't really care much. Just making an observation. I know PFK irl so know he's a smart guy but also how much his thought process is driven by ideology, dogma, and a love of the wind-up. There's little point in debating with him really, if it's an actual debate your after. The other guy I quoted is just a third rate antagonist, and that's being generous.

Weakened Offender

Why do people on this thread keep saying that others who call out their ****wittery are 'acting hard online' as if those calling out the ****wittery wouldn't say it to their face in person?

Weakened Offender
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

The other guy I quoted is just a third rate antagonist, and that's being generous.

Happy with that, could he worse. Like being a first class narcissistic slaver. 😉

2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Why do people on this thread keep saying that others who call out their ****wittery are 'acting hard online' as if those calling out the ****wittery wouldn't say it to their face in person?

I don't think he would, that's kind of the point.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Happy with that, could he worse. Like being a first class narcissistic slaver. 😉

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, chum, as your posting history clearly demonstrates. 👍

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

One way to prove it I guess...
Big meet behind the wheatfield and let’s see who’s got the minerals...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29obmtz7lsuk1pgmwj03

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, chum, as your posting history clearly demonstrates. 👍

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

Who is acting hard now 🤣 

He's not going to get his head around that and his 'bud' (who also has previous for this type of thing) isn't going to tell him. 😁

1 minute ago, LMc said:

Yeah alright slugger. I'm an arsehole because I showed up your stupid ideas for what they are. Now you're throwing threats about. 

Threats?  :rofl: Saying that you wouldn't be welcome in my company is a threat? I've never used the term snowflake before but by God I'm tempted. :rofl:

What a pathetic turn this thread has taken. Anyone can hand out medicine to patients?? And then go in a huff when called out about it.   Can we not get back to arguing that this is no worse than flu and nobody is dying of it anyway. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Threats?  :rofl: Saying that you wouldn't be welcome in my company is a threat? I've never used the term snowflake before but by God I'm tempted. :rofl:

I wouldn't last long in your company or wouldn't be welcome?

Make up your mind hard man!

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I would bet my house that the term 'snowflake' is one you use regularly. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What a pathetic turn this thread has taken. Anyone can hand out medicine to patients?? And then go in a huff when called out about it.   Can we not get back to arguing that this is no worse than flu and nobody is dying of it anyway. 

The last few pages have been embarrassing. I think restrictions have finally taken the minds of some of the regulars on this thread. 

Fast-tracking unemployed people do deal with Covid patients has just about ended me. Madness.

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What we need is some kind of mass meet up to discuss these things in person, then. I'm free weekdays after 7pm. I'm sure we could find a cosy wee pub and work out our differences like gentlemen. :) 

In 2023. :( 

Sounds like a plan, your 1st at the bar

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Another one? FFS you don't need to be a nurse to hand out medicines. There is no legal requirement as someone earlier said. Staff in Superdrug hand out medicines, Asda as well.

It is not the pharmacist who hands over the medicines, that can be done by someone without a degree in whatever.

14 minutes ago, LMc said:

I wouldn't last long in your company or wouldn't be welcome?

Make up your mind hard man!

That's not an either/or choice wee man, both apply.

I'm bowing out of this verbal wrestling match as I'm getting dragged down to a level that I'm not comfortable about.

13 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I would bet my house that the term 'snowflake' is one you use regularly. 

You would lose your house.

14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The last few pages have been embarrassing. I think restrictions have finally taken the minds of some of the regulars on this thread. 

Fast-tracking unemployed people do deal with Covid patients has just about ended me. Madness.

That's because you interpret the suggestion as being a direct replacement for a nurse and not just someone who can lighten the nurses load by doing some of the unskilled menial tasks that over burden them. You're not the first.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic