Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Who do you suggest we vote for instead?

Any of the other parties that also effed up transport, housing, education policy and so on whilst in charge.

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't understand why Edinburgh (I'll accept West Lothian) is the same as Glasgow when this new system is meant to allow for more finely tuned restrictions.

Precisely my view. We would have been as well having only 3 tiers.

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What an ignorant thing to say mate. People are dying - this must be taken seriously by everyone 

and EVERYONE MUST follow the rules 

:rofl:You do make me chuckle 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How come?

what part of a serious deadly virus do you find funny?

I think he meant that you make him chuckle.

Not the deadly virus

1 minute ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I think he meant that you make him chuckle.

Not the deadly virus

He is easily amused then 

Today's per-board per-100,000 stats (just because I'm used to working them out):

Lanarkshire 40 [-4], Greater Glasgow 35 [-3], Ayrshire 33 [+8], Forth Valley 15 [+2], Fife 14 [+4], Lothian 13 [-4], Tayside 12 [-6].

All the rest: less than 10.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He is easily amused then 

Could be a "she". You should be more sensitive as regards gender issues.

13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That’s allowed 

What about swinging. What if my wife and I decided to visit another couple in their home? 

Just now, redjambo said:

Could be a "she". You should be more sensitive as regards gender issues.

Let’s go with “they” then?

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I was busy while the tiers were being announced. Many people have commented here on the unusually wide disparity of areas being assigned level 3, so I won't comment on that, but how on earth did the Lanarkshires avoid level 4?! Bizarre decision.

Nationalist strongholds 

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

On a daily basis if it involves an area being moved up a tier, on an annual basis if being moved down. ;)

Annual review would indicate some forethought or plan. Thats a non-starter then. 

Back of the fag packet, don't upset the weeg politics it is then. 👍

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Here is the table I did earlier updated with Today's figures from Travelling Tabby Site

image.png.da8d11e646cff4064a35a8ff4ce018ed.png

really struggle to see how Fife is 2, but Stirling is 3

Nice one, BD. :thumb: If you could have a column for the 7-day average as well (and order it by that), that would be nifty.

Edited by redjambo

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Anyone but the incompetent SNP 

Need to do better than that, can you at least name one party that isn't incompetent as a starting point?

4 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

😂😂👍. I do think an element of the decisions being taken are political too being honest. But can we really expect a politician to make a decision without politics also coming in to the equation? That's their job so I guess it must be difficult to suddenly stop thinking along political lines even if they do have the best of intentions.  

It's a question of balance I suppose. 

The poster I replied to was insisting all the SG decisions were made for political gain. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

The virus poses no threat to our way of life.

The response to it has been, is and will continue to be.

Who are you referring to ?      The whole of humanity ?  Maybe just the entire population of Scotland ? 

For those who have ended up in hospital with the virus, it would appear that the virus has posed a very significant threat to their way of life ...... including death.

I sort of get what you and Doctor Jambo are saying .....  people die from various causes, people suffer severe life-changing diseases and injuries........ but what do you suggest the government does about Covid ?   Just ignore it ?   

Maybe ask everyone to sign a disclaimer indicating that they can do whatever they like if they accept the risk ?

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Who are you referring to ?      The whole of humanity ?  Maybe just the entire population of Scotland ? 

For those who have ended up in hospital with the virus, it would appear that the virus has posed a very significant threat to their way of life ...... including death.

I sort of get what you and Doctor Jambo are saying .....  people die from various causes, people suffer severe life-changing diseases and injuries........ but what do you suggest the government does about Covid ?   Just ignore it ?   

Maybe ask everyone to sign a disclaimer indicating that they can do whatever they like if they accept the risk ?

Not to mention you can pass it on to others who are following the rules and that’s not fair 

Nucky Thompson
58 minutes ago, graygo said:

Who do you suggest we vote for instead?

With attitudes like that, no wonder the Murrell Mafia is untouchable.

They are a fecking bunch of gangsters

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

image.png.3fb850fbfcaa470b5c736394f0e76d79.png

Thanks! I am an idiot though. Those were already 7-day figures you were quoting, and I'm not sure the average adds any extra useful info. Also, they were already ordered correctly anyway. You must have thought "What the hell is he on about?", but still you came up with the goods. :) Cheers. Your original table was fine though without my unnecessary embellishment request.

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a question of balance I suppose. 

The poster I replied to was insisting all the SG decisions were made for political gain. 

Aren’t all decisions made by politicians for political gain. 

So the tier system as clear as mud ?

What was the point of announcing the system if it's not doing what it's set out to do ?

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That’s allowed 

What about face-bang, or is it not that kind of shooting party?

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don't understand why if they are being ultra cautious did they not put Glasgow and Lanarkshire into 4?? Then the rest would make more sense.

That's how I feel.Im all for being cautious I just don't think it makes sense though.

59 minutes ago, graygo said:

Need to do better than that, can you at least name one party that isn't incompetent as a starting point?

I think the question is could another party lke Labour, Lib Demos, or the Scottish Tories have avoided the cluster**** that the SNP have made of the pandemic?  I'd say yes.

46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

With attitudes like that, no wonder the Murrell Mafia is untouchable.

They are a fecking bunch of gangsters

Can you suggest anyone or are are is it just anyone but the SNP?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I think the question is could another party lke Labour, Lib Demos, or the Scottish Tories have avoided the cluster**** that the SNP have made of the pandemic?  I'd say yes.

I would say no to be honest.I think they would all make a shambles of it.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I reckon we can discount the Scottish Tories seeing as their masters have seriously fecked up down South. Lib Dems? No idea as I've never seen them make a decision that they have to carry the can if it goes wrong. Labour? Track record isn't too great.

50 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not to mention you can pass it on to others who are following the rules and that’s not fair 

How do you catch it if you're following the rules?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I reckon we can discount the Scottish Tories seeing as their masters have seriously fecked up down South. Lib Dems? No idea as I've never seen them make a decision that they have to carry the can if it goes wrong. Labour? Track record isn't too great.

Point is that its time to give someone else a go.  These levels of mistakes can't be justified in keeping them in power.

Edit: Tories will get the boot for similar at the next GE.

Edited by frankblack

Scottish politics is pretty shit right now it's why the status quo gets in so easily now.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

What about swinging. What if my wife and I decided to visit another couple in their home? 

That's allowed. In Tier 2, swinging can take place in groups of up to 10, as long as all the car keys are sanitised before being thrown into the pot.👍

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

A quick look at a few of the numbers, mostly deaths, shows we are moving much slower this time still, what was a week in March is about a month this time.

There was a consultant on from Salford hospital on 5 live earlier. He was saying that fewer people are dying from covid as they have a better understanding of treatments and how to make them effective. The down side was the survivors need beds for longer and they're a finite resource. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You don't. It's just an urban myth among the hysterical types who believe it hovers about in the air, waiting to strike. The vast majority catching it will be those who are flaunting the rules 

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Because wearing a mask helps you stop passing it on. The masketeers who don't infect everyone else. Blowhards the lot of them. 

Nucky Thompson

Can you suggest anyone or are are is it just anyone but the SNP?

That's how politics work. If you're not happy with how the current lot are running the country, vote them out.

I'm in Edinburgh West and vote Lib Dem. I wouldn't say I was a die hard member of their party, but Alex Cole Hamilton is doing a good job.

56 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

A quick look at a few of the numbers, mostly deaths, shows we are moving much slower this time still, what was a week in March is about a month this time.

Hopefully a mix of better treatments and less vulnerable people catching it will keep the death count as low as possible. Plus I don't think we'll ever know the true scale of what was hitting us in March/April or even earlier. Are there any educated estimates out there as to how many people would've had it in those days without knowing or being confirmed through a test? 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

In a hospital for example 

Are hospitals not meant to be safe and clean?  Back in Mar/Apr, nurses were switching from non Covid to Covid wards on the same shift. Probably the Scot Gov will think this was a safe practice 

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Here is the table I did earlier updated with Today's figures from Travelling Tabby Site

image.png.da8d11e646cff4064a35a8ff4ce018ed.png

really struggle to see how Fife is 2, but Stirling is 3

Volume of hospital beds available. More spare capacity in Fife than Stirling area. That might be on key reason.

The SG have published information on the indicators that were used/ will be used when looking at Tier allocations. It foes explain a good bit more than I have so far read.

Edited by joondalupjambo

10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I find it mental why they don't just put this message out everywhere.Leaflets through doors etc etc.

Make things clear as daylight.Cause despite all the messages some folk just don't seem to get it.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic