Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who wants to live in a world of zero personal responsibility?   **** that.    If anyone has incurred a "life changing fine" then they're a repeat transgressor of the law.   Pretty sure nice wee Mrs Miggins of Acacia Avenue,  Surbiton hasn't been bankrupted for having her daughter round for afternoon tea.

The big fines have been meted out to the big arseholes.    Let's no make martyrs out of the them on the bogus prospectus of some of the rules being shite.     

Bet your one of those people who would gleefully grass your Neighbours if they had their parents up to visit. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Bet your one of those people who would gleefully grass your Neighbours if they had their parents up to visit. 

Seems like just a couple of hours ago you were asking people not to assume stuff and encouraging us to be nice to each other....

13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nah,   and to be quite frank,   this sort of snidey comment says a hell of a lot more about you than me.    Lamentable patter.

10 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Seems like just a couple of hours ago you were asking people not to assume stuff and encouraging us to be nice to each other....

Would help if he wasn’t going all high and mighty acting like Mr Moral superiority over everyone else. 

18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

👍👍👍

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nah,   and to be quite frank,   this sort of snidey comment says a hell of a lot more about you than me.    Lamentable patter.

Your comments about £10000 fines being justified for folk having fun is quite frankly lamentable patter. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Your comments about £10000 fines being justified for folk having fun is quite frankly lamentable patter. 

That's not what I said though.   It's there for anyone to read if they're interested.    

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

The hard-of-thinking will lap it up. Perhaps we could bang pots and pans to show our support for rainbows again? Any more pensioners available to run around their gardens for a bit? Maybe it'll be Sturgeon's turn to catch Covid so she can get a wee bounce in the polls?

This is carefully orchestrated politics now, nothing more. Stevie Wonder can see through it.

3 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

14th week in a row more people have died of flu / pneumonia   than corona ! 

6D021737-79D8-4460-91A1-29A63DDDB441.jpeg

But it's a global paaaandeemic don't you know. And the "scientists " have a couple of graphs predicting armageddon.  And clowns like Sturgeon are lapping up the daily attention and ignoring logic. Step down from the podium dear and get on with the day job. The general public can see through the nonsense and follow common sense. They can look after themselves thank you very much. 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But it's a global paaaandeemic don't you know. And the "scientists " have a couple of graphs predicting armageddon.  And clowns like Sturgeon are lapping up the daily attention and ignoring logic. Step down from the podium dear and get on with the day job. The general public can see through the nonsense and follow common sense. They can look after themselves thank you very much. 

Best post yet on the matter. 

Comedy gold. 

2 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Very rarely agree with anything that a Tory mp utters but the need for planning of vaccine rollout when it’s ready is bang on the money.

I’d suggest the government should be nowhere near the planning of this considering their affection for **** ups. 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hmmmm....

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I despise dishonest people.   Apologies for offending the dishonest.   Let's avoid stigmatising 'em.    

Why do you continue to listen to politicians then?

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

9D431CC2-AE38-4B51-BFB2-23DCBC116F35.jpeg

What would you instead?  Carry on as normal and let it run its course through the population hoping that herd immunity would develop?

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'd love to see the population 'look after themselves' :rofl:

Wouldn't last a ****ing minute.

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sinister. When do people waken up to what is happening!?

What is happening that arouses your suspicions  ?

A world wide conspiracy  ?

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Pretty much like every other virus ever known to humankind? Yeah, pretty much.

As we can see from the state the planet is in, as soon as humans get involved, things go pretty mammaries skywards.

And be prepared to accept the inevitable hundreds of thousands of deaths associated?

Weakened Offender
Just now, Homme said:

This is what the absurd zoomers on this thread can't get their nappers around. The British public are, in the main, utter ringpieces* and I'm pretty sure it's not just the behaviour of the virus that's being factored in to the science we are being told to follow. 

*see thread for evidence. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Pretty much like every other virus ever known to humankind? Yeah, pretty much.

As we can see from the state the planet is in, as soon as humans get involved, things go pretty mammaries skywards.

It did for smallpox and we’re a gnats crochet from dispatching polio too.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

So we can expect the govt to raise the legal driving age to 30, ban flying, national lockdowns when pavements are icy during the winter, national smoking ban, closing all fast food outlets, compulsory state controlled exercise periods each day and banning alcohol and drugs?? They want to protect the public and eradicate all risk after all.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

And be prepared to accept the inevitable hundreds of thousands of deaths associated?

Folk will mouth off and mouth off until it actually affects them and by then it'll be too late.

Worldwide pandemic killing hundreds of thousands worldwide yet arseholes don't want to do their very little bit to protect their fellow human beings who are vulnerable to it.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So we can expect the govt to raise the legal driving age to 30, ban flying, national lockdowns when pavements are icy during the winter, national smoking ban, closing all fast food outlets, compulsory state controlled exercise periods each day and banning alcohol and drugs?? They want to protect the public and eradicate all risk after all.

What are you on about? :lol:

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Folk will mouth off and mouth off until it actually affects them and by then it'll be too late.

Worldwide pandemic killing hundreds of thousands worldwide yet arseholes don't want to do their very little bit to protect their fellow human beings who are vulnerable to it.

Pneumonia killed more than 2million in 2017, including 800k under 5s. What "little bit " were we all asked to do back then?  

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It's almost impossible to quantify; that's the problem in today's ultra-real 4k world. Covid-related deaths are different from direct deaths as a result of Covid. Numbers make modelling, proclamations and decrees easier. The real world is much less black and white. Personally, I'm not convinced this thing is anything like on the scale described, and certainly nothing like a war (which seems to be the common analogy); certainly nothing that justifies the government overreach now commonplace and even welcomed from some quarters.

There are hundreds of thousands of deaths associated with use of ICE cars and other vehicles. Do we ban them right here right now? I fecking doubt it. Makes us all hypocrites.

Are you an epidemiologist or a doctor?

Just now, Homme said:

What are you on about? :lol:

You don't think the public can look after themselves.  Just assumed you wanted other measures to save is from ourselves. Risks that account more hundreds of thousands more deaths than Covid does.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pneumonia killed more than 2million in 2017, including 800k under 5s. What "little bit " were we all asked to do back then?  

We could take a little flu jab.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Remember when being forced to wear seat-belts and crash helmets was an egregious assault on our personal liberty?

Just now, FWJ said:

Remember when being forced to wear seat-belts and crash helmets was an egregious assault on our personal liberty?

Crash helmets are still not compulsory for cyclists. Risky.

Just now, jonesy said:

No, are you? 😛

Given the increasing polarisation between various qualified, educated 'figures' in the field, I'm inclined to read a bit, listen to my experience and get on with things. Enjoy your Christmas dinner for one.

No, I’m not either of those things but I work for the NHS and I daily chat to a number of hospital doctors some of whom are friends.  None of them could be described as blasé about this, and certainly not the anaesthetists.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Crash helmets are still not compulsory for cyclists. Risky.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you'd once came off a bicycle and landed on your head. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Have never worn a bicyclet helmet, despite riding thousands of miles around Scotland, China, and East Turkestan. Alive to tell the tale.

Look, @FWJ is a sound poster on here, so I'm not going to go into a battle of who could care less with him, and Enzo, it's clear our views chime on the Covid-flu, so let's leave it at that. The world is a beautiful place - let's enjoy it.

Wise words Jonesy.👍

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's only offered to over 65s and nothing to do with pneumonia. 

That's so weird because my 5yo gets his on Nov 2nd and I'm booked in on 22nd October. 

Flu jabs of course can help prevent pneumonia.

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you'd once came off a bicycle and landed on your head. 

Had once "come" off a bicycle.  I "came" off a bicycle...I had "come" off a bicycle. You're welcome 👍

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Had once "come" off a bicycle.  I "came" off a bicycle...I had "come" off a bicycle. You're welcome 👍

See, I knew it. Explains a lot. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

That's so weird because my 5yo gets his on Nov 2nd and I'm booked in on 22nd October. 

Flu jabs of course can help prevent pneumonia.

Can they? News to me. 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's cool, I hope they keep well. I know two people who work in the NHS - they've both reported the quietest summers they've ever know. I draw from that my conclusion that everything was overhyped. The folk who have died caught the rough end of the stick, there's no doubt about that. But I know two folk who have died (in Scotland) as a result of the lockdown measures, and a third (in the Netherlands) who is being refused proper treatment due to the fact that she's not deemed Covid risk-likely, despite having smashed her car to pieces on a motorway through LBP. The government can go and take a running jump if they think I'm going to follow their arbitrary rules and the Covid-fearmongers can join them.

Ask them what things were like in April and May before the lockdown took effect.

I want to avoid the depressing polarisation on this thread too, I know a couple of people who own hospitality businesses and they have, of course, had their business devastated but I still think we should tread very, very carefully with this.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can they? News to me. 

Certainly won't do any harm will it? At least they won't catch the flu and it's not exactly going to give them pnumonia.

Could always get a jab for that too. That'd be a a nice little thing to do 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can they? News to me. 

They’ve widened the qualifying parameters significantly this year. Probably something to do with another deadly virus going around. 

Got the interesting situation that the Binck-Bank cycle race is happening this week. Stage 1 was today and went ahead no problem, however as tomorrow’s stage is in the Netherlands and they’ve just introduced new measure it is cancelled. However stage 3 is back to Belgium on Thursday and will go ahead as planned. 

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:oohmatron:

No need to boast.

I hope you washed your hands.

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Have never worn a bicyclet helmet, despite riding thousands of miles around Scotland, China, and East Turkestan. Alive to tell the tale.

Look, @FWJ is a sound poster on here, so I'm not going to go into a battle of who could care less with him, and Enzo, it's clear our views chime on the Covid-flu, so let's leave it at that. The world is a beautiful place - let's enjoy it.

I do a fair bit of cycling. Came off my bike during the summer, through an instant of stupidity on my part. Nobody else involved.

Came down heavily on my arm, shoulder and head. Sore arm for a couple of months afterwards but head ok due to the crack off a kerb being absorbed by my helmet. 
Wear a helmet. It makes sense. You don’t recover from a head injury.

Sorry to take this off the main topic.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry to hear about your accident. Yep, totally agree, and always encourage my kids to wear theirs.

Came off my bike once seriously in China, while cycling down some concrete steps. Went arse over tit and bike landed on my head, smashing my chin into a guttering thing. Went to the 24-hour pharmacy and patched it up myself such was my fear of the hospitals over there.

Also got a mate from Glasgow -  a brilliant guitarist and all round good guy despite being a Celtic fan - who came off his bike just outside of Turpan and suffered brain damage.

Got all the scare stories I can handle. But I'd still rather not wear a helmet, thanks. Should always be my choice. As should a mask.

Glad to hear you survived, and hope the arm is feeling better.

Not quite the same.

A bike helmet is for your protection, a mask is more about protecting others.

It's got something to do with peeing on each others legs, but I can't remember exactly what.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic