Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

2 less people in ICU and no deaths. Good news? 

Younger age groups 

but mustn’t give rise to complacency.

Nicola Sturgeon confirms a further 806 people have tested positive for Covid-19, 11.5% of those newly tested yesterday.

This takes the total number of positive cases in Scotland to 28,604.

This follows the low numbers yesterday due to the weekend causing a lag in test results coming through.

Health board breakdown:

Ms Sturgeon says the provisional data indicates the breakdown of new cases is as follows:

• NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde: 302
  • NHS Lothian: 180
  • NHS Lanarkshire: 91
  • NHS Grampian: 54

The remaining are spread across the other health boards.

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Over a million deaths now world wide

so let that put to bed any nonsense that this is nod as deadly a disease as before  

As a percentage of the world's population, can you provide a figure?

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nicola Sturgeon confirms a further 806 people have tested positive for Covid-19, 11.5% of those newly tested yesterday.

This takes the total number of positive cases in Scotland to 28,604.

This follows the low numbers yesterday due to the weekend causing a lag in test results coming through.

Health board breakdown:

Ms Sturgeon says the provisional data indicates the breakdown of new cases is as follows:

• NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde: 302
  • NHS Lothian: 180
  • NHS Lanarkshire: 91
  • NHS Grampian: 54

The remaining are spread across the other health boards.

seems quite high, wonder if she’ll ask PHS to double check the numbers 🙄

18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Over a million deaths now world wide

so let that put to bed any nonsense that this is nod as deadly a disease as before  

Do you also have the stats of the 23 higher causes of death in the UK other than covid?

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Not all that bad.   The rate of positives from tests done has only risen to where it was about 3-4 days ago.    Puzzling why the rate dropped so far though.

In other news... on what planet is it acceptable to go into a business premises wearing your mask as a chin bib and then proceed to start coughing and spluttering without any attempt to divert your face away or cover your mouth?    Two ***** in a row.

****ing sick of these ignorant *****.

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

seems quite high, wonder if she’ll ask PHS to double check the numbers 🙄

In the end, it seems she was quite right to ask for a check of the artificially low figures.

I thought that Nicola/s detractors would be quite happy about her at the moment to be honest. She keeps on making the "but we've been doing more testing" excuse for the increased infection levels, despite the testing figures not backing that up. She's in effect trying to calm folk down, a long way from the "scaremongering" claims that are usually thrown at her.

Just now, Victorian said:

Not all that bad.   The rate of positives from tests done has only risen to where it was about 3-4 days ago.    Puzzling why the rate dropped so far though.

In other news... on what planet is it acceptable to go into a business premises wearing your mask as a chin bib and then proceed to start coughing and spluttering without any attempt to divert your face away or cover your mouth?    Two ***** in a row.

Was at a restaurant on Friday and some guy had his mask resting on the bar :lol: although its well sanitised by the staff it's still not a good idea to leave it there :facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Did you engage with either of them to point out the error of their ways, or just vent on here about them?

Edited by heartstastic

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

In the end, it seems she was quite right to ask for a check of the artificially low figures.

I thought that Nicola/s detractors would be quite happy about her at the moment to be honest. She keeps on making the "but we've been doing more testing" excuse for the increased infection levels, despite the testing figures not backing that up. She's in effect trying to calm folk down, a long way from the "scaremongering" claims that are usually thrown at her.

Sorry, can’t agree with that on any level. She has been hyper cautious all the way along and considering the Scotland only death figures, especially the last 3 months, their approach is way over the top. “Calm” is not how I would describe the effect of the updates but that’s my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

On average 1 in Every 10,000 under 20 who catches it will die

And 1 in 6 over 80s will die 

That’s actually not as bad as I originally thought to be honest.

Thank you for making me feel a bit more relaxed about the virus. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Sorry, can’t agree with that on any level. She has been hyper cautious all the way along and considering the Scotland only death figures, especially the last 3 months, their approach is way over the top. “Calm” is not how I would describe the effect of the updates but that’s my opinion. 

I did say "at the moment". I'm actually quite surprised at how much she's downplaying the rise in infections due to "increased testing". The stats don't bear this out, and the most obvious reason she is doing it must be to stop folk panicking.

An out-of-control virus leads to deaths. That's what this is all about - keeping the virus under control, including reacting as quickly and efficiently as we can to any outbreaks. It is that which has led to the very low deaths figures over the last few months. A comparison to the deaths figures where the virus was actually out of control shows the difference that measures make. However,  I appreciate that this point has been argued countless times on this thread and that you have an opposing view.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

In tesco and someones holding their cardie over their face :lol: 

To be fair the goverment guidelines state the it is a requirement to cover the mouth and nose areas...there's no specification that it has to be a mask.

7 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Did you engage with either of them to point out the error of their ways, or just vent on here about them?

Ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great idea. Engage with moron striding about a shop snorting and sputtering without a face covering. 

Takes a special kind of stupid to go down that particular route. 

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great idea. Engage with moron striding about a shop snorting and sputtering without a face covering. 

Takes a special kind of stupid to go down that particular route. 

You can do it at a 'safe' distance though.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I did say "at the moment". I'm actually quite surprised at how much she's downplaying the rise in infections due to "increased testing". The stats don't bear this out, and the most obvious reason she is doing it must be to stop folk panicking.

An out-of-control virus leads to deaths. That's what this is all about - keeping the virus under control, including reacting as quickly and efficiently as we can to any outbreaks. It is that which has led to the very low deaths figures over the last few months. A comparison to the deaths figures where the virus was actually out of control shows the difference that measures make. However,  I appreciate that this point has been argued countless times on this thread and that you have an opposing view.

Yeh, we’ll have to agree to disagree, “downplaying” is not something I’m personally seeing in these updates 🤷🏼‍♂️

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I take it the common cold has been cured?

I think every disease other than covid is gone. Looking forward to the NHS rebrand to the National Covid Service

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I take it the common cold has been cured?

Nope, we can’t cure or create a vaccine for any of the coronavirus that are around.  

47 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

On average 1 in Every 10,000 under 20 who catches it will die

And 1 in 6 over 80s will die 

Not that bad tbh 

thanks for the positive update. 

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Nope, we can’t cure or create a vaccine for any of the coronavirus that are around.  

Oh my mistake, I was under the misconception that every cough and sneeze was COVID-19 and that all others had been cured.

24 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Anyone of any intelligence realises that it's a hazardous enterprise to attempt to provide that kind of advice or indeed reprimand.    Last week I was called a piece of shit for asking someone to open a door so I could show him where to collect an item.

So in answer to the question,   just on here.    

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Oh my mistake, I was under the misconception that every cough and sneeze was COVID-19 and that all others had been cured.

Not really sure what point your trying to make? Is it okay to go out coughing and sneezing on things if it's only the cold? 

Personally, I don't really want people near me if they're coughing and sneezing no matter what they have.

Dagger Is Back
42 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

EjFBK-7XsAALfk_?format=jpg&name=900x900

9YPL1Ic.gif

It's alright he misspoke! Would gain a modicum more respect if he just held his hand up and said I fecked up and got it wrong

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I know someone’s daughter who was taken out of school on her first day back after spending 10 days at home because her mum was waiting for the results of the test (after having the sniffles). Doctor told them the daughter didn’t a test but a different doctor has now said the daughter needs one before returning. 

The whole thing has gone mad. The poor kid being dragged from pillar to post. 

Just now, King prawn said:

I know someone’s daughter who was taken out of school on her first day back after spending 10 days at home because her mum was waiting for the results of the test (after having the sniffles). Doctor told them the daughter didn’t a test but a different doctor has now said the daughter needs one before returning. 

The whole thing has gone mad. The poor kid being dragged from pillar to post. 

My experience of the NHS. They have an inane capacity not to talk to each other. Or they do talk to each other but the mandarins dont pass it on as they are totally incompetent in what they do.

28 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is great news, that's at least two people who have started a road to recovery from being seriously ill.

The very low death figures in Scotland are really good news, UK wide they are starting to increase, it is a worry that hospital numbers are starting to rise, but not as quickly as they did last time around, also very good news.

Lets hope things are improving pr at least getting only a wee bit worse and much slower, if deaths are not going up (or happening at all) then it's hard to say why they shouldn't lift some of the restrictions again

Because it’s the the younger people who have it just now

wait for 4 weeks time - then you may see an increase in hospitalisations

as Jason and others have said before too - just because you don’t die from it - doesn’t mean you can’t be very sick from it!

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nice one. If you get asked to prove your exemption I think you can add a gold star. Or perhaps a yellow star. That's it, a yellow star. Perhaps to wear on your arm or lapel.

I thought it was a maroon lanyard. That might be for the next 'phase' though. 

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why would anyone get this unless they are exempt?

lets face it, 99.9% of people not wearing a face mask are taking the piss.

and that's being generous.

Whilst not agreeing with the current covid mayhem, anyone seen inpublic without a mask should be tazered on sight, as they might as well be wearing a t-shirt with "I'm an aggressive, opinionated prick" written on it

On 27/09/2020 at 18:58, spirt of 98 said:

Please explain how I am mugging them off? 

I would also add that if folk can’t follow the rules there will be more draconian enforcement of rules and more jobs lost.

I don’t think the current rules are too shocking. You can still meet family and friends in the pub it not as if we have Police / Army roaming the street hitting folk with sticks. 

It was the bit about how well off you are, but I think you knew that.

I don't really care if someone isn't wearing a mask, impossible to get everyone to wear one and some people have legit reasons, but if i see someone with that lanyard I'm 100% assuming they've bought it for a fiver off amazon and have no medical reason. 

:fonzie:

13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

lets face it, 99.9% of people not wearing a face mask are taking the piss.

and that's being generous.

Whilst not agreeing with the current covid mayhem, anyone seen inpublic without a mask should be tazered on sight, as they might as well be wearing a t-shirt with "I'm an aggressive, opinionated prick" written on it

The selfish twits who don’t wear them (and don’t have a really good excuse) should be ashamed 

20 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

The selfish twits who don’t wear them (and don’t have a really good excuse) should be ashamed 

Can you provide any reasoning behind this? Facemasks are proving to not be making any sort of difference numbers wise :lol: so how are people not wearing them selfish? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic