Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would be a thoroughly irresponsible way to react if asked to wear a mask.   I would support any worker or business if they told a person that their business is no longer welcome if someone told them to piss off or even became confrontational.

If you decide not to wear a mask and put people into the situation of being uncomfortable or being required to request a mask is worn,   you should have the self respect and inter-personal skills to calmy decline.    Hiding being abuse or confrontation is cowardly.    Total scumbag behaviour.    If you think you have an intelligent reason not to wear a mask,   people should have the courage of their convictions and act like intelligent adults.

Telling a worker to piss off.    Deary me.

:lol:

I said he should say ‘exempt’ and that the person should then piss off.  I didn’t tell him to tell the person to piss off.  Calm down. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would be a thoroughly irresponsible way to react if asked to wear a mask.   I would support any worker or business if they told a person that their business is no longer welcome if someone told them to piss off or even became confrontational.

If you decide not to wear a mask and put people into the situation of being uncomfortable or being required to request a mask is worn,   you should have the self respect and inter-personal skills to calmy decline.    Hiding being abuse or confrontation is cowardly.    Total scumbag behaviour.    If you think you have an intelligent reason not to wear a mask,   people should have the courage of their convictions and act like intelligent adults.

Telling a worker to piss off.    Deary me.

Yes, that’s why people should carry exemption cards to stop any uncomfortable conversations. If someone is carrying one then respect on all sides should be expected. If someone says they are exempt then no other questions should be asked. That should be it.  People just need to be kind to each other. :)

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

I said he should say ‘exempt’ and that the person should then piss off.  I didn’t tell him to tell the person to piss off.  Calm down. 

I'll take your word for it but it could be read the way I interpreted it.  ;)

28 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m talking about the ones who claim they have asthma for example so claim they can’t wear a mask... yet are happy to smoke 

and others - including some on here - that aww blatantly not wearing a mask or following other rules as they just don’t believe in it.

Please don’t accuse others of lying about hidden disabilities. You have no right to just assume folk haven’t got a medical issue not to wear a face covering. How dare you. 

33 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m talking about the ones who claim they have asthma for example so claim they can’t wear a mask... yet are happy to smoke 

and others - including some on here - that aww blatantly not wearing a mask or following other rules as they just don’t believe in it.

B4F58F9A-CA51-49BB-B688-98EA90DB2FDC.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes, that’s why people should carry exemption cards to stop any uncomfortable conversations. If someone is carrying one then respect on all sides should be expected. If someone says they are exempt then no other questions should be asked. That should be it.  People just need to kind to each other. :)

Fair enough.    Other than the exemptions,   it's a choice.    For me it's not a legitimate choice but it's a personal choice nonetheless.    I do strongly believe though that people should have the gumption to live up to their choice with reason and a calm refusal to wear a mask.     The person asking about wearing a mask will probably have respect for the reaction and will appreciate not being made uncomfortable by confrontation.

Motto of the day.    Back up your intelligent choice with intelligent behaviour.    

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

So you are not allowed to have family visit you in the house, yet you can have loads of strangers come into your house to view it if it is for sale?

That-Is-Genius-Reaction-Gif.gif

You can have your family visit you in the house all you like as long as your neighbours aren't curtain twitching, grassing *******s or Arsehole 4 Ever. 👍

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

That's one hell of a misleading graph. 

357 cases covering a 10 year age bracket, predominantly students. 

356 cases covering a 40 year age bracket, predominantly workers. It's safe to say there's a ****ing shit load more folk in the 2nd category. 

Good to see we are protecting the higher risk over 65's though. Maybe we could continue to protect them or offer them a choice whether to shield or not and let the rest of us work and live?

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

as long as your neighbours aren't curtain twitching, grassing *******s or Arsehole 

That's me goosed for sneaking folk into my house then. The twat next door to me is exactly what you're describing and he's Hibs 

39 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I just watched that video out of interest. I can't think why Aberdeen Council are not within their rights to ask the question they did. Having not seen the letter and only going on the dlumsden tweet...why shouldn't they ask what the medical science was in choosing to lock down their city and not Glasgow? I find sturgeons repeated 'if they want to make it political' statements nauseating. She comes across as making it political by the way she refers to Aberdeen Council as 'they' which presumably she is referring to the fact its led by independents and a tory coalition. 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Agreed. That's why I have a laminated card. If the owner of a business still feels that my asymptomatic, socially distanced presence is endangering his/her staff, then I will leave. However, that could be considered discrimination.

There is no burden of proof necessary on those of us who are exempt from wearing a mask other than self-declaration. Seems like a fair situation.

There could never be any burden of proof.   A person's medical status is an enshrined right of privacy.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m slightly hesitant to post this. However, I understand we are looking at a 4 week lockdown/circuit break incoming in Scotland, this will be done over the school holidays at October break, to try and minimise disruption to the kids etc. A number of ‘stakeholders’ have been contacted and told to plan for it.

I hope I’m wrong and this doesn’t materialise but plans are being made.

I don’t think this is the correct approach by any stretch and concerned about the path that we be about to take. We will have multiple waves due to our inability to apply all but the but the bluntest of tools.

This would be absolutely ridiculous so will happen and has probably been planned for months.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m slightly hesitant to post this. However, I understand we are looking at a 4 week lockdown/circuit break incoming in Scotland, this will be done over the school holidays at October break, to try and minimise disruption to the kids etc. A number of ‘stakeholders’ have been contacted and told to plan for it.

I don’t think this is the correct approach by any stretch and concerned about the path that we be about to take. We will have multiple waves due to our inability to apply all but the but the bluntest of tools.

We've seen what's happened when tools of more precision have been applied.    Too much complexity,  contradictions,  confusion,  etc.    

I think if this occurs then it wont be the last.    I could see these circuit breaks becoming a periodic thing.    More of a pressure release valve thing.    A similar general lockdown needs a similar general furlough scheme though.   Even a 4 week one.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, heartstastic said:

To be fair the goverment guidelines state the it is a requirement to cover the mouth and nose areas...there's no specification that it has to be a mask.

Correct. As far as the guidelines are concerned a Cardie is fine. In fact assuming it has been washed recently probably a better bet than the disposable masks people have been wearing for months and the washable ones that haven't been washed for months.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

This would be absolutely ridiculous so will happen and has probably been planned for months.

Not even the rise in cases, ICU numbers or deaths even suggests that this is the right path for us to take.

No doubt its the advisers claiming we could be looking at 50K cases a day in October which is leading them to this, even though cases never doubled every week originally in the first wave like they are saying they will now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I'll be slinging this a rubber lug.

To be fair,   suppression will be much more efficient when suppressing a lower base and shallower curve than a high base and steep curve.    Ultra-preemptive though.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

We  have ****ed this up from start to finish and our continuing to do so. 

This approach is not sustainable and seems to be one to maximise damage.

It's the only logical conclusion. 

We  have ****ed this up from start to finish and our continuing to do so. 

This approach is not sustainable and seems to be one to maximise damage.

Virtually everyone agrees it's not sustainable on an open ended basis.   Can't disagree with you.    I wonder how long a period of time that governments think it is sustainable.    Some will say it's not sustainable at all.    Others might argue it is for what?   6 months?   12 months.    Who believes that governments would embark on an open ended,  no end purpose,   course of these tranches of suppression?    

45 minutes ago, theshed said:

No need for the dig at the end 

I thought that too. I'm still bemused that Glasgow wasn't locked down in the same way as Aberdeen - the government chickened out of doing so, imo, and it shows in the ensuing infection figures. It's a legitimate question to ask why Glasgow was treated differently. However, I wouldn't then compare Scotland to a Soviet state. That's just childish.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I'll take your word for it but it could be read the way I interpreted it.  ;)

No worries, my mistake.  I don’t take this thread too seriously anyway :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

You think you have a super power to detect if someone has a hidden disability or not. That pretty much makes you the only disturbed one here  

Can I ask, can you tell if someone has The clap or genital warts just by looking at them as well? 

Some much hate for the non mask wearers on this.  Like i said its FA to do with anyone why someone isn't wearing a mask in a designated place. I'm not happy seeing people not wearing masks on buses but i'm not gonna question them. I just steer clear .  As Alim said some may have " hidden " disabilities. " " Hidden" being the operative word. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Please don’t accuse others of lying about hidden disabilities. You have no right to just assume folk haven’t got a medical issue not to wear a face covering. How dare you. 

well said

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You can have your family visit you in the house all you like as long as your neighbours aren't curtain twitching, grassing *******s or Arsehole 4 Ever. 👍

👍😄    Yep !

10 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Digital ID alongside vaccinations, spoken out loud by lawmakers and yet somehow still perceived by some as conspiracy theory.

Sinister. When do people waken up to what is happening!?

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I thought that too. I'm still bemused that Glasgow wasn't locked down in the same way as Aberdeen - the government chickened out of doing so, imo, and it shows in the ensuing infection figures. It's a legitimate question to ask why Glasgow was treated differently. However, I wouldn't then compare Scotland to a Soviet state. That's just childish.

normally I would agree but things are getting, shall we say, a bit strange. Sturgeon seems to have forgotten who her boss is. 

The plan seems to be minimise COVID death until a vaccine comes along. The plan that is always a rolling 6 months away.

I don’t believe a government would embark an open ended no end purpose, flexing lockdown. However, I think that situation could easily happen due to a variety of reasons. We panicked into the first lockdown imo, with no exit strategy. If what I have been told today is correct, I believe we will have repeated the same mistake again.

When you keeping making the same mistake the same problem often occurs. Einstein definition of insanity and all that. 

Depends if it is the same mistake.   Maybe there is a firm(ish) belief that there is an upcoming event,   now commonly referred to as 'the cavalry'.    An expected timeframe for vaccines?    We've been told that one or two of them are being manufactured at scale in parallel with the trials.

More blind lockdowns are no use though.

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The plan seems to be minimise COVID death until a vaccine comes along. The plan that is always a rolling 6 months away.

I don’t believe a government would embark an open ended no end purpose, flexing lockdown. However, I think that situation could easily happen due to a variety of reasons. We panicked into the first lockdown imo, with no exit strategy. If what I have been told today is correct, I believe we will have repeated the same mistake again.

When you keeping making the same mistake the same problem often occurs. Einstein definition of insanity and all that. 

minimise it? What’s the daily average for the last 3 months? 1 a day? At most? This is just getting crazy. 

43 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

All the more vital for BJ to tell Krankie to bolt re " furlough" as these completely destructive measures can only take place if furlough was in place. Lets hope he does. 

3 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Some much hate for the non mask wearers on this.  Like i said its FA to do with anyone why someone isn't wearing a mask in a designated place. I'm not happy seeing people not wearing masks on buses but i'm not gonna question them. I just steer clear .  As Alim said some may have " hidden " disabilities. " " Hidden" being the operative word. 

I'm not doubting that a large chunk of non-maskers are utter chancers. But I know at least 3 folk who are exempt that you'd think had absolutely nothing wrong with them. 

Well, until you spoke to them. You'd suss they have problems after a minute or two of conversation. I know one who has a carer with them at all times too. The carer also doesn't wear a mask because it makes his client uncomfortable. And again, if you saw them on the bus, sometimes you'd think it's just two mates heading in to town. 

35 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Digital ID alongside vaccinations, spoken out loud by lawmakers and yet somehow still perceived by some as conspiracy theory.

Nothing like mentioning the war to get the compliant citizens in check. 

Montgomery Brewster
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Nothing like mentioning the war to get the compliant citizens in check. 

Very rarely agree with anything that a Tory mp utters but the need for planning of vaccine rollout when it’s ready is bang on the money.

8 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Very rarely agree with anything that a Tory mp utters but the need for planning of vaccine rollout when it’s ready is bang on the money.

He mentions vaccinating children. You could argue why does anyone need vaccinated other than the old and vulnerable but children? 

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

All the more vital for BJ to tell Krankie to bolt re " furlough" as these completely destructive measures can only take place if furlough was in place. Lets hope he does. 

Montgomery Brewster
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

He mentions vaccinating children. You could argue why does anyone need vaccinated other than the old and vulnerable but children? 

I was commenting more in the actual planning logistics - not who will or won’t get the vaccine. Ultimately people can choose to take it or not - their call 

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

So you are not allowed to have family visit you in the house, yet you can have loads of strangers come into your house to view it if it is for sale?

That-Is-Genius-Reaction-Gif.gif

Invite the family members over for a house viewing. 

v1zqaZ50iM49iF2eOmjQ48%2BdQfQmVEKUAlbI=

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Invite the family members over for a house viewing. 

v1zqaZ50iM49iF2eOmjQ48%2BdQfQmVEKUAlbI=

Funnily enough, it was the first thing I thought of too.  🙂

Put your house on the market, just so people can visit.

Who wants to live in a world of zero personal responsibility?   **** that.    If anyone has incurred a "life changing fine" then they're a repeat transgressor of the law.   Pretty sure nice wee Mrs Miggins of Acacia Avenue,  Surbiton hasn't been bankrupted for having her daughter round for afternoon tea.

The big fines have been meted out to the big arseholes.    Let's no make martyrs out of the them on the bogus prospectus of some of the rules being shite.     

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who wants to live in a world of zero personal responsibility? 

We've long since fallen down that rabbit hole. 

A scan of the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread tells you that. ****ing hoaching with it.  

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We've long since fallen down that rabbit hole. 

A scan of the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread tells you that. ****ing hoaching with it.  

Yeah,  not the best tbh.

On 28/09/2020 at 17:56, Weakened Offender said:

I would happily accept the common sense from a box of gluesniffing frogs before any of the 'logic' that you've spouted all over this thread. 

This. An absolute shambles. 

I’m in the process of moving house and have viewed a few.  It’s really not like visiting friends or family.  There’s no sitting chatting/ having a laugh having a drink, sharing a plate of crisps or whatever for a couple of hours.  You’re in, look around the various rooms - windows and doors all open to encourage ventilation, keeping at least a couple of meters away from whoever’s showing it, wearing masks, not touching door handles etc.

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who wants to live in a world of zero personal responsibility?   **** that.    If anyone has incurred a "life changing fine" then they're a repeat transgressor of the law.   Pretty sure nice wee Mrs Miggins of Acacia Avenue,  Surbiton hasn't been bankrupted for having her daughter round for afternoon tea.

The big fines have been meted out to the big arseholes.    Let's no make martyrs out of the them on the bogus prospectus of some of the rules being shite.     

Aye, but “common sense” trumps science, ken. :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

I’m in the process of moving house and have viewed a few.  It’s really not like visiting friends or family.  There’s no sitting chatting/ having a laugh having a drink, sharing a plate of crisps or whatever for a couple of hours.  You’re in, look around the various rooms - windows and doors all open to encourage ventilation, keeping at least a couple of meters away from whoever’s showing it, wearing masks, not touching door handles etc.

Sounds pretty crap.

It’s stressful enough without the extra hassle.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic