Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The Orkney outbreak may have a link to the Aberdeen pub outbreak TBC. 

I sincerely hope not and hope everyone is more careful than normal.

A lot of those islands have a small and ageing population.

This is one time when tourists and other visitors must do the right thing. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to 2005
43 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Big order for PPE manufactured in Dumfries. £53m. 200 jobs generated as well. Good to see we are making our own.

Will be the only growth industry. Surely will be a short term job or are we all expected to be muzzled as part of the "new normal" that has been forced upon us.

Jambo 4 Ever

No more than 3 households are allowed to gather in other houses - this is a must 

as is the need to stay 2m at all times and wear masks if sometimes this isn’t possible 

Edited by Natural Orders

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No more than 3 households are allowed to gather in other houses - this is a must 

as is the need to stay 2m at all times and wear masks if sometimes this isn’t possible 

You posted this why? Just for the twits and internet tits?

47 new positive cases in the past 24 hours.

First Primary School has now been closed in Scotland due to positive case(s). 

R rate in Scotland has reached higher than 1. 

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

::troll:: ...

...:troll:

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

You posted this why? Just for the twits and internet tits?

Ummm to remind everyone of the rules 

even if one person reads it and changes their behaviour then it’s worth it.

as Nicola said before there is nothing wrong with repeating the rules at any time 

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Will be the only growth industry. Surely will be a short term job or are we all expected to be muzzled as part of the "new normal" that has been forced upon us.

This PPE is for Hospitals and other medical facilities like nursing homes. I’m sure it will also be available for the public as well.

Im happy to be muzzled if that’s what it takes to protect me and others from Covid especially until there is a vaccine. The world has changed thanks to Covid19.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

PPE is in use in hospitals, dental practices, vets and so on all the time so there will still be uses for it after covid. We should be pleased we are making it here and not filling the pockets of others.

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

This PPE is for Hospitals and other medical facilities like nursing homes. I’m sure it will also be available for the public as well.

Im happy to be muzzled if that’s what it takes to protect me and others from Covid especially until there is a vaccine. The world has changed thanks to Covid19.

There is nothing in a bit of cheap cloth that will protect you from a virus.  Were you wearing it from March onwards or just when "Nicola" told you to? 

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thanks for completely avoiding the issues and details yet again. Every post is a rant which tells it's own story about your motives for quoting only one strand of " scientific " opinion.

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A "wide consensus" ? Is that a euphemism for "being in complete disagreement with each other"? It's not for me, I'm asking on behalf of a "non (sic) educated internet tit".😂

FAO @JFK-1 just in case his ignore function has suddenly kicked in.

Hopefully he hasn't been pushed over the edge. 

31 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

There is nothing in a bit of cheap cloth that will protect you from a virus.  Were you wearing it from March onwards or just when "Nicola" told you to? 

Any idea why surgeons wear masks in surgery?? Masks protect others from infection. Pretty sure you know this already 

All roads lead to Gorgie
35 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Funny how " Boris " told the whole country to do the same not long after. 

Back to 2005
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Any idea why surgeons wear masks in surgery?? Masks protect others from infection. Pretty sure you know this already 

I'm sure surgeons masks are better quality than the ones you buy from Aldi. 

Masks are more likely to spread bacteria than protect you from Corona but you carry on if you want but I'm out.

Back to 2005
18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Funny how " Boris " told the whole country to do the same not long after. 

More tragic than funny.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

More tragic than funny.

Good summing up of the PM.

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

From Feb/March way before any government instructions. 
My first use of a mask was in Tenerife in late February and on the plane home in March and we have continued to wear a mask in shops etc since then.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a lexical minefield, Taffin, but it looks like folk deploy non educated as opposed to uneducated in an attempt to make themselves appear more smarterer.

Straight out of the snoreson book of internet wankery.

My favourite book on my bookshelf.

If we had all used uneducated rather than non-educated, neds would be ueds. ;)

Back to 2005
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

My first use of a mask was in Tenerife in late February and on the plane home in March and we have continued to wear a mask in shops etc since then.

You sound like a model citizen in this new world that is being created for us!

34 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I'm sure surgeons masks are better quality than the ones you buy from Aldi. 

Masks are more likely to spread bacteria than protect you from Corona but you carry on if you want but I'm out.

Wow, just wow. Maybe you should head to the David Icke site, sounds like you have a lot in common with him

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You sound like a model citizen in this new world that is being created for us!

Hopefully. It’s just the deniers, nay sayers and sceptics that will let us down by ignoring the facts. 

Back to 2005
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wow, just wow. Maybe you should head to the David Icke site, sounds like you have a lot in common with him

Never felt the urge to wear a turquoise shell suit....

So because I'm not buying all the crap that is coming out of Holyrood/Westminster then I must be some sort of mad conspiracy theorist? 

Not like the government has never lied to us before is it? 

Back to 2005
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Hopefully. It’s just the deniers, nay sayers and sceptics that will let us down by ignoring the facts. 

Facts are the deaths are now below normal and has killed 0.08% of the population.  Not exactly the black death is it? 

8 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Only if you have the symptons or meet certain conditions ri according to the NHS website.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/

Scottish teachers and other education staff can get one on demand if they feel at risk with no signs of symptoms.   That is a big difference.

👍

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Facts are the deaths are now below normal and has killed 0.08% of the population.  Not exactly the black death is it? 

thankfully no it’s not the Black Death however with today’s knowledge of medicine and application of FACTS and PPE the Black Death may not have been so severe. 
Covid19 is still very infectious and will kill people especially those in the categories we all know about. 
You keep playing it down though until it affects you or yours directly then you might change your mind. Then again.

9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

JFK will have so many folk on ignore he'll wind up arguing with himself over which part of him is the uneducated internet tit, except on the Trump thread, where he'll be in complete agreement.

I quite like some of his stuff, but he doesn't half get wound up too easily. 

Edited by ri Alban

and right on time!

https://apple.news/AlKljNn0zQ1CmeDZOhEwctA

Nearly 300 employees have tested positive for coronavirus at a sandwich factory in Northampton, the town's director of public health has confirmed.

Greencore, the factory affected by the outbreak, said some of its staff are now self-isolating.

79 workers tested positive through NHS tests while 213 positive results came back from Greencore's private testing, said Lucy Wightman, director of public health at Northamptonshire County Council.

A total of 292 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in the outbreak.

Greencore said in a statement: "As a result of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the Northampton area, we took the decision to start proactively testing all of the colleagues at our Northampton site.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

and right on time!

Nearly 300 employees have tested positive for coronavirus at a sandwich factory in Northampton, the town's director of public health has confirmed.

Greencore, the factory affected by the outbreak, said some of its staff are now self-isolating.

79 workers tested positive through NHS tests while 213 positive results came back from Greencore's private testing, said Lucy Wightman, director of public health at Northamptonshire County Council.

Greencore said in a statement: "As a result of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the Northampton area, we took the decision to start proactively testing all of the colleagues at our Northampton site.

One reason why cooking your own food and buying frozen foods is a good idea right now. Ready for the flack my words will generate from the head in the sand brigade.  

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What!? Like Churchill did with George Square. 

No. But we are already off topic so one for another thread.

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

thankfully no it’s not the Black Death however with today’s knowledge of medicine and application of FACTS and PPE the Black Death may not have been so severe. 
Covid19 is still very infectious and will kill people especially those in the categories we all know about. 
You keep playing it down though until it affects you or yours directly then you might change your mind. Then again.

It's all very well taking the sanctimonious direction when it comes to covid but unless you are very elderly or have a pre existing condition then you are under no danger to it. Unfortunately all covid has done has reduced these people's lives by a few months. 

Try looking at the bigger picture of  those not getting cancer checks, missing other vital health care appointments, mental health issues causing suicides, mass unemployment.

Do you not care about these people or do we just ignore all that?

Back to 2005
15 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

and right on time!

God you can almost hear the delight when you type.....presumably they were face coverings at a sandwich factory. Can you tell me why they didn't work on any of the 300 (most of whom didnt even know they had it until they had a test!)

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

and right on time!

There are going to be outbreaks of cases where loads of people gather like work places and pubs.

Thankfully the people who need hospital treatment now is down 96% since April.

None of the cases in the Aberdeen outbreak have needed hospital treatment according to Sturgeon

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It's all very well taking the sanctimonious direction when it comes to covid but unless you are very elderly or have a pre existing condition then you are under no danger to it. Unfortunately all covid has done has reduced these people's lives by a few months. 

Try looking at the bigger picture of  those not getting cancer checks, missing other vital health care appointments, mental health issues causing suicides, mass unemployment.

Do you not care about these people or do we just ignore all that?

To be fair you can’t “catch” any of those other things from someone else so this has to be done til a vaccine is found

christmas and new year will be very very different for many people this year 

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

What "facts?. WHO is still not advising use of masks by the general public. Many if not most experts believe the improper use of masks (which is widespread indeed nearly universal from my observations) can do more harm than good. Nicola's first advice on.masks at the height of the spread of the virus was that there is little evidence that masks help but where social distancing is difficult they can't do any harm so worth doing. I have not seen any evidence for any better advice or for compulsion

Maybe Nicola should have swapped her familiar outfit for a shellsuit when she offered that advice back when the virus was at its peak.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

christmas and new year will be very very different for many people this year 

Because they'll be dead?

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

To be fair you can’t “catch” any of those other things from someone else so this has to be done til a vaccine is found

christmas and new year will be very very different for many people this 

You can catch flu but we have never had  lockdown from that in years where there was a higher death toll than this year.

People might be sitting getting paid for doing nothing but that will change when they are made unemployed and the furlough stops. 

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

God you can almost hear the delight when you type.....presumably they were face coverings at a sandwich factory. Can you tell me why they didn't work on any of the 300 (most of whom didnt even know they had it until they had a test!)

You should be posting on the Daily Mail comments sections and the twitters sphere with your denial attitude. 

Re the Sandwich Factory I take it you have inside knowledge of the work environment and safety measure they were adopting? Somehow I think you need to think before you type your conspiracy theory’s.

Anyway I’ll leave you to your fate and hope you don’t get it and worse infect those around you especially the vulnerable. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If we had all used uneducated rather than non-educated, neds would be ueds. ;)

Neds is a weegie term anyway. 

Better off with gadgies, chavies, and schemies. 👍

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I quite like some of his stuff, but he doesn't half get wound up too easily. 

So do I, but I prefer the rage to the good stuff tbh.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What "facts?. WHO is still not advising use of masks by the general public. Many if not most experts believe the improper use of masks (which is widespread indeed nearly universal from my observations) can do more harm than good. Nicola's first advice on.masks at the height of the spread of the virus was that there is little evidence that masks help but where social distancing is difficult they can't do any harm so worth doing. I have not seen any evidence for any better advice or for compulsion

Maybe Nicola should have swapped her familiar outfit for a shellsuit when she offered that advice back when the virus was at its peak.

“The World Health Organization (WHO) has changed its advice on face masks, saying they should be worn in public where social distancing is not possible to help stop the spread of coronavirus.

The global body said new information showed they could provide "a barrier for potentially infectious droplets".

Some countries already recommend or mandate face coverings in public.

The WHO had previously argued there was not enough evidence to say that healthy people should wear masks.

However, WHO director-general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that "in light of evolving evidence, the WHO advises that governments should encourage the general public to wear masks where there is widespread transmission and physical distancing is difficult, such as on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments".

21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Thankfully the people who need hospital treatment now is down 96% since April.

and we have helpful medicine as well as better knowledge about treatment and care when people do go into hospital. 

Back to 2005
9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

You should be posting on the Daily Mail comments sections and the twitters sphere with your denial attitude. 

Re the Sandwich Factory I take it you have inside knowledge of the work environment and safety measure they were adopting? Somehow I think you need to think before you type your conspiracy theory’s.

Anyway I’ll leave you to your fate and hope you don’t get it and worse infect those around you especially the vulnerable. 

I hope you waken up to what's going on. Thank you for your concern though. Likewise I hope your piece of cloth protects you from all that is bad in the world. 

Captain Price
50 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Never felt the urge to wear a turquoise shell suit....

So because I'm not buying all the crap that is coming out of Holyrood/Westminster then I must be some sort of mad conspiracy theorist? 

Not like the government has never lied to us before is it? 

Hi mate. 

Put a ****ing mask on.

Thanks. 

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, Captain Price said:

Hi mate. 

Put a ****ing mask on.

Thanks. 

Hi mate

They dont ****ing work so I wont bother if thats all the same to you.

Good day.

Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

If the mask of the disposable type do you touch it only when putting it on and taking it off and then dispose of it and use a new one next time you put a mask on. If a re-usable one do you do the same except washing it at 60degs plus between uses? If so congrats because I doubt 1% of mask users do. I know  I don't

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I hope you waken up to what's going on. Thank you for your concern though. Likewise I hope your piece of cloth protects you from all that is bad in the world. 

As a matter of interest my wife is a senior nurse and my daughter in law is a Dr working in A&E so I’ll take advise and updates from them.

As for masks I wear FFP2 and FFP3 standard masks as the situation warrants. A piece of cloth as you put it with material properly selected will offer some protection within is better than being all matcho and ignoring the advice from people who are eminently qualified to give it. 

Malinga the Swinga

In respect of the latest decision between SPFL JRG, Jason Leitch and the rest of this publicity driven hellish goverment we have to put up with, can I just say **** all of you and **** your supporters.

That is all.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If the mask of the disposable type do you touch it only when putting it on and taking it off and then dispose of it and use a new one next time you put a mask on. If a re-usable one do you do the same except washing it at 60degs plus between uses? If so congrats because I doubt 1% of mask users do. I know  I don't

I wear disposable FFP2 and FFP3 type masks and follow the correct procedures for using them I also have a spitfire mask which is FFP3 standard and washable bat as yet I haven’t used it.

Back to 2005
10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I wear disposable FFP2 and FFP3 type masks and follow the correct procedures for using them I also have a spitfire mask which is FFP3 standard and washable bat as yet I haven’t used it.

A spitfire mask??!! 😂😂😂 what occasion would that be reserved for? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic