Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

None of your conspiracy theory conclusions are facts, merely assumptions.  The onus is on you to prove your hypothesis - I simply gave alternative interpretations of the data you quoted.

And referring to my factual information as “ my conspiracy theories “ is lame 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

The virus is not a conspiry or fake news. But in the nearly70 years of my life on the planet thousands have died each year of flu and it's variants

In a good year maybe a bit less than 10000, in a bad year, two or three times that, in a very bad year, nearly nine times that as in 1968. Life went on as normal. 

Looking more widly beyond the UK  each year tens of millions have died each year  of easily preventable diseases and continue to.do so.

Yet for six months we have been obsessed with a virus that has killed just over 40,000 In the UK.

In those  6 months over 250,000 have died of something else and many of the 40,000 would have died anyway of something else.

A bit of perspective would be good.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Did they not actually change the way they report deaths to same method Scotland has been using to keep its numbers down?

Yes. Not to.keep numbers down but just to report a bit more accurately. By not counting everyone who ever tested as positive with Covid19 whenever they later died of anything as a Covid 19.death.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Not to.keep numbers down but just to report a bit more accurately. By not counting everyone who ever tested as positive with Covid19 whenever they later died of anything as a Covid 19.death.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Not sure why above poster was suggesting it was to do with England “doctoring” their stats. 

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Relatively low  “spikes “!rises of infections and no hospital admissions and deaths seem to be good evidence to me ? Baring in mind we are now in phase 3 of the lockdown 

That isn't evidence is an assumption piecing together the bits of weak incomplete data that suit your theory.

The facts are that people are picking and choosing when to go out very carefully and even then taking precautions with face masks and hand washing on entry to enclosed spaces.  Mass gatherings are still prohibited and will be for some time.

Edited by frankblack

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. Not sure why above poster was suggesting it was to do with England “doctoring” their stats. 

Cause it fits his narrative ? The changes in England are now in line with Scotland when they only count those who died who were tested within 28 days of their death .

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

I think you can be pretty sure of why the above poster suggested that.

18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And referring to my factual information as “ my conspiracy theories “ is lame 

giphy.gif

Your conclusions aren't facts, they are opinions.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

None of your conspiracy theory conclusions are facts, merely assumptions.  The onus is on you to prove your hypothesis - I simply gave alternative interpretations of the data you quoted.

If you are quoting increased cases and no hospital admissions then that is no conspiracy theory. That is based on fact. There is every likelihood that the virus is weakening.  The number of cases will become increasingly irrelevant.  

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If you are quoting increased cases and no hospital admissions then that is no conspiracy theory. That is based on fact. There is every likelihood that the virus is weakening.  The number of cases will become increasingly irrelevant.  

That’s what I had said Enzo , there has to be a correlation between them . 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the increased cases are predominantly amongst a younger population ( as seems to be what is happening )  then the hospital admissions will be noticeably lower than  earlier in the year when it was running root amongst an older population set. The virus might mutate to be weaker or, god forbid, stronger but the jury is out on that as yet imo. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If the increased cases are predominantly amongst a younger population ( as seems to be what is happening )  then the hospital admissions will be noticeably lower than  earlier in the year when it was running root amongst an older population set. The virus might mutate to be weaker or, god forbid, stronger but the jury is out on that as yet imo. 

The hospital admissions are not “ running lower “ there are no new hospital admissions in the Grampian area with CV . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The hospital admissions are not “ running lower “ there are no new hospital admissions in the Grampian area with CV . 

By definition that’s as low as it can run. There’s also a lag between diagnosis and hospital admission. Without knowing the age profile of those diagnosed it’s hard to predict an expected number of admissions. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, davemclaren said:

By definition that’s as low as it can run. There’s also a lag between diagnosis and hospital admission. Without knowing the age profile of those diagnosed it’s hard to predict an expected number of admissions. 

But you just said most of the new cases are from a “ younger “ people’s ? How do u know that ? And if so then it’s highly unlikely they will need hospital care 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But you just said most of the new cases are from a “ younger “ people’s ? How do u know that ? And if so then it’s highly unlikely they will need hospital care 

Because it has been said anecdotally and is what has happened in other countries. However, without understanding more about The data it’s hard to predict a hospitalisation rate. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There could be a seasonal aspect to it as well, which we will see if more serious cases emerge again in the colder months but the way the virus has behaved it seems the hotter the country the more cases seem to crop up, maybe the cold will see it die out, who knows. I think people in the higher risk sectors are taking extra care now so it is mostly the young and fit who are now catching the virus and for that reason it seems weaker, it may well be but we need to keep a watch on the situation still.

8 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Because they are testing more people. Look beyond the headlines. Did you know that in Leicester they are sending teams round door to door with testing kits for example? 

Testing has been at much the same level for the past fortnight.

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So we still have some on here who are still peddling the notion the virus is no worse than a common cold. Do they know how their body will react if they get the virus whether they have underlying health issues or not, plenty otherwise healthy individuals have been very poorly with it, I know from personal experience.

Too many twits

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

But you just said most of the new cases are from a “ younger “ people’s ? How do u know that ?

I haven't been following this conversation closely, but taken from the Travelling Tabby site tonight:

389262368_Screenshotat2020-08-1501-51-41.png.1bb80e3c5f7767ba544568c995d3aab1.png

Governor Tarkin

Pubs, restaurants and non essential shops, etc, back in lockdown by the end of the month I reckon.

Unknown user
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

What evidence can u show which proves the virus isn’t weakening ? 

What do you actually mean?

It isn't an army of bacteria that are growing weary, a virion is a bit of dna with some protein. It isn't strong or weak, it just is.

Edited by Smithee

11 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fixing the death figures to be lower? 

Jesus fecking Christ :conspiracy:

They have changed the way they count deaths in England now. If you die 29 days after being diagnosed then you don't count so numbers are now lower, fact

9 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Did they not actually change the way they report deaths to same method Scotland has been using to keep its numbers down?

No, Scotland have always reported two numbers. Those who died after being confirmed as covid and those where covid was mentioned in the death certificate. England now say you have to die within 4 weeks or it's not counted. 

9 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

They have changed it so death numbers are lower, sorry if facts bother you

12 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It is what it is. 

I now know half dozen people who have been confirmed with it and not one of them will tell you it was anything🤷🏻‍♂️

Personal stories whilst engaging don’t represent the bigger picture.

Statically, the majority won’t be bothered by this. I’m not dismissing it as cold or whatever, cause it’s not,  but we do need a bit realism. 

It’s not a death sentence if you get it, far from it. It’s easy to focus on the extreme but most of us won’t face that. Most of us probably won’t even know we got it. It’s just an unfortunate tiny minority who will suffer.

That tiny minority, are part of the bigger picture, are they not.

You know half a dozen people, whilst I know one of the 'tiny minority', all 7 belong to the bigger picture.

32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Sadly I think this prediction won’t be too wrong. Schools probably included in that as well. Think  next COVID death we have will be catalyst. 

The politicking come October will be as mental as the ramifications of furlough ending become apparent. The grievance politics will really start at that point. 

Surely people must be aware of this. I don't know how tut tut brigade are surviving now, let alone when all the support stops come October. I suppose it doesn't really impact on people who are wealthy or those who are legislating for our Economic crash.

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The politicking come October will be as mental as the ramifications of furlough ending become apparent. The grievance politics will really start at that point. 

I can't wait.

:muggy:

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We need higher death numbers imo.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pubs, restaurants and non essential shops, etc, back in lockdown by the end of the month I reckon.

If that happens then we are all screwed. 
The job loses and knock on effect if that happens is unthinkable 

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, theshed said:

If that happens then we are all screwed. 
The job loses and knock on effect if that happens is unthinkable 

Yes thats why it hopefully won’t happen . Same with all this idiots online stating “ I won’t be leaving the house until a vaccine is found / or my bAirns are no going to school until a vaccine is found “ id like to ask them how will they be able to afford “ staying at home “ then ? Esp when furlough ends . In fact that’ll probably be a blessing in disguise , as the SG knows  it won’t be extended so hopefully won’t close down every business again . 

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, redjambo said:

I haven't been following this conversation closely, but taken from the Travelling Tabby site tonight:

389262368_Screenshotat2020-08-1501-51-41.png.1bb80e3c5f7767ba544568c995d3aab1.png

Thanks for that information . Seems most infections are 25-44 range but older ages not so far off 

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You'd like to think even for sturgeon that would be a step too far. You'd also think that for many in the SNP cult that would be the trigger to awaken them.....actually probably not.

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You'd like to think even for sturgeon that would be a step too far. You'd also think that for many in the SNP cult that would be the trigger to awaken them.....actually probably not.

It would definitely be economic suicide 

17 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Are you an such expert on coronavirus that you can ignore the fact the test for Covid19 is specific to that virus. Are you better than the scientists and professors who designed the test. I think not. 
I have had enough of you and your conspiracy theories and absolute bull you come up with. 

Im out as far as you are concerned.  

Covid-19 isn't a virus I don't think. I believed it is a disease.

Though looking at the NHS website it says they test for "coronavirus (Covid 19)". Which has confused me further.

I'm sure I read that the coronavirus is Sars Cov 2 which can lead to the disease Covid 19.

Edit: sorry the above is terribly written. Theres no questions marks yet really the entire thing is meant as a question.

Edited by Taffin

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

If she thinks she has to do it then she'll do it. It's easy to be opinionated on Kickback but must be hellish having to make those decisions irl.

I don't envy her one bit.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Covid-19 isn't a virus I don't think. I believed it is a disease.

Though looking at the NHS website it says they test for "coronavirus (Covid 19)". Which has confused me further.

I'm sure I read that the coronavirus is Sars Cov 2 which can lead to the disease Covid 19.

Just call it the Chinese virus and be done with it.

source.gif

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If she thinks she has to do it then she'll do it. It's easy to be opinionated on Kickback but must be hellish having to make those decisions irl.

I don't envy her one bit.

Think she's loving every minute of it. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Just call it the Chinese virus and be done with it.

source.gif

The China stuff is all a conspiracy imo. It quite clearly originated in Thighland

We’re in uncharted territory still and should tread lightly. 

If I was on a plane and the engines stopped for a few mins before they got them going again I’d want them to land at the nearest airport instead of attempting to cross the Atlantic because things are briefly fine again. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

No, Scotland have always reported two numbers. Those who died after being confirmed as covid and those where covid was mentioned in the death certificate. England now say you have to die within 4 weeks or it's not counted. 

England are now reporting FIVE different figures, covering all your preferences. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Maybe England will keep reporting both numbers?. Throughout the whole pandemic they have only reported the high number so we can’t really accuse them of trying to “sugercoat” the stats. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Scotland dropped its headline deaths total from over 4000 to about 2500 a month or two back by changing the way the numbers were reported. For very good reasons I am sure and no-one referred to it as doctoring the numbers.

As has been explained the change is just to remove the absurdity that previously if you had tested positive for coronavirus then whenever you died, however long after you had the infection and whatever you died of it was counted as a coronavirus death. So no-one tested positive ever recovered and eventually, inevitably, counted as a coronavirus death.

And the UK is following the example of Scotland on the cut off period of 28 days so another feather in Nicola's cap?

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Maybe they have changed the reporting method to be more accurate. You want less accurate numbers, just so they are higher?.

Seems like this one is a bit personal for you. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for that information . Seems most infections are 25-44 range but older ages not so far off 

That's one way of spinning it, here's another - way more than half of all infections are under 44. In fact it's over 70%

Edited by graygo

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic