Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Francis Albert

Boris threatening £3200 fines for persistent non mask offenders. I haven't seen a shred of evidence that even the proper wering of a face covering has saved one life. Let alone the careless wearing of a dirty multi-used face covering (which the great majority are). Or that not wearing one has cost one life.  It is about being seen to be doing something. Getting the NHS back to.prioritising the things that are already killing more people and will kill many more in the future wouldn't get the same publicity. Might even cause criticism in this Covid obsessed world.

Same goes of Nicola's plan (If true) to ban background music and TV in pubs and restaurants and to.ban pub crawls. 

Edited by Francis Albert

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OBE said:

Today, 65 confirmed new Covid-19 cases in Scotland and you deem it to be a non spreading virus, I don't think there is such a thing.

The flu is a spreading virus as well, more deadly in this country as well.

Are we allowed to compare the two yet?

Back to 2005
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not so much the number of cases James as, is the virus weakening? If increased cases are just leading to no or very mild symptoms and hospital admissions are not going up then we would be getting a stage nearer Phase 4 imo.

You would have thought so but Sturgeon is intent on increasing restrictions.  The latest one being no music or television in pubs! 

Meanwhile New Zealand is to impose covid camps where you will be forced to go if you test positive.  How more sinister does it need to get? 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

We will never be virus free. You have to remember the tests only confirm someone has the symptoms of covid not that they actually have it. Chances are they have the common cold. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgxu1s9c40tl9h3a6tb

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You would have thought so but Sturgeon is intent on increasing restrictions.  The latest one being no music or television in pubs! 

Meanwhile New Zealand is to impose covid camps where you will be forced to go if you test positive.  How more sinister does it need to get? 

A Covid camp?😂. To be fair Sturgeon said she is willing to negotiate on the noise issue. .."I'll see your 1 decibel and raise you 2..."

20 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

They have tested positive for a coronavirus not covid 19. In most cases this is not a virus present at the time of the test but something they have had previously hence the reason they have no symptoms.

Are you an such expert on coronavirus that you can ignore the fact the test for Covid19 is specific to that virus. Are you better than the scientists and professors who designed the test. I think not. 
I have had enough of you and your conspiracy theories and absolute bull you come up with. 

Im out as far as you are concerned.  

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

FB_IMG_1597416131492.jpg

Wear one, don't wear one. But if you become ill, please die in your own home and don't put nurses and doctors at further risk. 

I'm betting there's no Mrs Back to 2005. So no further spread if you stay in yer hoose. 

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

. I haven't seen a shred of evidence that even the proper wering of a face covering has saved one life.

How would you know if it’s saved a life or not. By not wearing one you will infect others or be infected yourself. It’s much the same as preventative drugs like warfarin or statins. They work but you can’t prove that they saved someone from a stroke or heart attack but you know that they do. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

How would you know if it’s saved a life or not. By not wearing one you will infect others or be infected yourself. It’s much the same as preventative drugs like warfarin or statins. They work but you can’t prove that they saved someone from a stroke or heart attack but you know that they do. 

There is extensive scientific evidence that warfarin and statins save lives. There is no real evidence that by not wearing a mask I will be infected or infect others. Or if there is I have not seen it reported. I.have seen varying opinions of experts some of whom.think they in.most environments  do more harm.than good particularly when worn and handled improperly which they almost always are. 

Guy in my work today trying to convince everyone the whole thing has been made up 

:vrface:

Asking if anyone knows of anyone that's actually had it or knows anyone that knows anyone that's had it because be hasn't.

Had to say to him to leave me out of it because I think he's being ridiculous and taking the piss but nope. Deadly serious.

****ing rockets man :lol:

Back to 2005
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Wear one, don't wear one. But if you become ill, please die in your own home and don't put nurses and doctors at further risk. 

I'm betting there's no Mrs Back to 2005. So no further spread if you stay in yer hoose. 

Think the odds will be in my favour but thank you for your kind thoughts. 

My "hoose"?! Are you in the Broons? ...

Oh and you're wrong on your other assumption too.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

There is extensive scientific evidence that warfarin and statins save lives. There is no real evidence that by not wearing a mask I will be infected or infect others. Or if there is I have not seen it reported. I.have seen varying opinions of experts some of whom.think they in.most environments  do more harm.than good particularly when worn and handled improperly which they almost always are. 

So why do the medical profession wear them then if there is no real evidence that they don’t work. The masks are designed to stop the spread of viruses and bacteria they work. There is plenty of of evidence out there to prove they do. 
Your only valid point is using them properly, something that Professor Jason Leitch addressed today at the briefing and sadly something those from government advocating the wearing of masks failed to get across which considering it’s the Tories doesn’t surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Guy in my work today trying to convince everyone the whole thing has been made up 

:vrface:

Asking if anyone knows of anyone that's actually had it or knows anyone that knows anyone that's had it because be hasn't.

Had to say to him to leave me out of it because I think he's being ridiculous and taking the piss but nope. Deadly serious.

****ing rockets man :lol:

Mate, everyone kens someone like that. Usually on Whatsapp groups bugging everybody with their videos.

Back to 2005
6 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

1441 new UK cases today. Mental!

Because they are testing more people. Look beyond the headlines. Did you know that in Leicester they are sending teams round door to door with testing kits for example? 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, EarnockJambo said:

Don't worry - despite that figure being released about an hour ago, 23 minutes ago the BBC posted this :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53781140

...and I can't find the case numbers anywhere on the BBC. Yesterday UK government didn't even publish them (apparently it was around 1100)

scott herbertson
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Because they are testing more people. Look beyond the headlines. Did you know that in Leicester they are sending teams round door to door with testing kits for example? 

They are testing less people  than they did a couple of  weeks ago, I understand

Back to 2005
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

They are testing less people  than they did a couple of  weeks ago, I understand

To be honest new cases should not be anything for people to concern themselves over as most wouldn't have known they have it as they have no symptoms. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

To be honest new cases should not be anything for people to concern themselves over as most wouldn't have known they have it as they have no symptoms. 

Well , I'd bother if I was a new case - 64 years old having had major hearts surgery a couple of years ago, with older  relative with COPD and another with  an immune system issue. It's not so much the new cases, wh are probably mostly in the younger age groups, but who they will have contact with

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Not really mental. There were 170,000 tests processed and only 11 deaths.

All roads lead to Gorgie

So we still have some on here who are still peddling the notion the virus is no worse than a common cold. Do they know how their body will react if they get the virus whether they have underlying health issues or not, plenty otherwise healthy individuals have been very poorly with it, I know from personal experience.

35 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Everyone in my workplace now gets tested at least once a week. 

Test more people then you’re going to find more cases. 

27 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Why would they be tested if when they don't know they have it? I was warned.

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, OBE said:

Why would they be tested if when they don't know they have it? I was warned.

Lots of places now test their workers randomly. Most positive cases are now asymptomatic 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

No music/TV in the background in pubs or resteraunts. I also think a variety of other changes to resteraunts and pubs face visors no longer allowed, details to be provided to establish. All enforceable by law apparently.

Pub crawls about to be banned as well I think. Whilst reiterating you shouldn’t be going out very often.

Another cheery message from the FM.

She’s starting to wind me up I’ll be honest. 

39 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So we still have some on here who are still peddling the notion the virus is no worse than a common cold. Do they know how their body will react if they get the virus whether they have underlying health issues or not, plenty otherwise healthy individuals have been very poorly with it, I know from personal experience.

There's sizeable numbers of people who still think the Earth is Flat, so it's little surprise that some folks think this is nothing more than a sniffle or two.

Maybe they should ask the guy over the road from me, who had spent 3 days on a ventilator and now he's got permanent scarring of his lungs, if covid-19 is like the cold.  I have a very good idea what he'll tell them to go and do.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Don't worry - despite that figure being released about an hour ago, 23 minutes ago the BBC posted this :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53781140

...and I can't find the case numbers anywhere on the BBC. Yesterday UK government didn't even publish them (apparently it was around 1100)

They seem to have stopped releasing the English figures and are now fixing the death figures to be lower. Maybe that's their new plan 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

So why do the medical profession wear them then if there is no real evidence that they don’t work. The masks are designed to stop the spread of viruses and bacteria they work. There is plenty of of evidence out there to prove they do. 
Your only valid point is using them properly, something that Professor Jason Leitch addressed today at the briefing and sadly something those from government advocating the wearing of masks failed to get across which considering it’s the Tories doesn’t surprise me. 

I think an operating theatre for example is a rather different emvironment from the pretty  empty number 162 bus or the watch  repair shop I used today. 

Although I have even some evidence that surgical masks in operating theatres  don't make much difference in.practice  but  I can understand the need for an extreme level of caution in that environment

The watch repair shop? With one other customer? 

Edited by Francis Albert

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think an operating theatre for example is a rather different emvironment from the pretty  empty number 162 bus or the watch  repair shop I used today. 

Although I have even some evidence that surgical masks in operating theatres  don't make much difference in.practice  but  I can understand the need for an extreme level of caution in that environment

The watch repair shop? With one other customer? 

One customer and one assistant both protecting each other.
No harm done by wearing a mask. It’s the rebellious few that are the problem. 

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

One customer and one assistant both protecting each other.
No harm done by wearing a mask. It’s the rebellious few that are the problem. 

I was wearing a mask as was the one other customer who arrived later. Neither "assistant"  (there were actually  two) was  and they are not obliged to by law despite many more near face to face interactions daily  than me. It is all totally illogical and the comparison with surgical masks in an operating theatre or hospital   is absurd but then a lot of this is. Hand washing is by far the most important precaution but is hand washing or sanitisation enforced or failure to do so made a crime? Of course not but a mask is a visible sign of compliance relatively easily enforced however relatively pointless it may be.

Edited by Francis Albert

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There's sizeable numbers of people who still think the Earth is Flat, so it's little surprise that some folks think this is nothing more than a sniffle or two.

Maybe they should ask the guy over the road from me, who had spent 3 days on a ventilator and now he's got permanent scarring of his lungs, if covid-19 is like the cold.  I have a very good idea what he'll tell them to go and do.

Some of the sizeable number of people post on this thread.

Absolute muppets.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Spot on and your neighbour would be quite right to point out to them in no uncertain fashion how serious the virus can be to many if he was ever unfortunate enough to meet any of them.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

They seem to have stopped releasing the English figures and are now fixing the death figures to be lower. Maybe that's their new plan 

Fixing the death figures to be lower? 

Jesus fecking Christ :conspiracy:

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Its like something out of the eastern block. Is this what we are becoming? Wish people would wake up to what's happening here. 

Thats  exactly what I was saying to a friend earlier...its all very Eastern Bloc territory now.  I watched a documentary about East Germany in that period of time and it was incredible the amount of " grassing" neighbours did to each other, usually over very petty issues.  Most were done out of malice and jealousy. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not so much the number of cases James as, is the virus weakening? If increased cases are just leading to no or very mild symptoms and hospital admissions are not going up then we would be getting a stage nearer Phase 4 imo.

Yes there is strong evidence the virus is weakening.  The evidence of non hospital admissions and deaths points to this. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mate .

Every one of your posts these days seems to be wide.

I like ye but yer bossing about here like a wee cardboard fae paisley......

Right enough

Nucky Thompson

Even looking at the Scottish governments own website, a whole 3 people were admitted to hospital with covid in the last week.

When are the scientists or governments going to admit that it is weakening?

The frontline doctors having been saying it for weeks now

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Still to see if the hundred+ new cases in Aberdeen will lead to further deaths/hospital admissions. Usually takes 2-3 weeks. 

Just a week to go now for the deluge of hospital admissions. Apparently.  

EfZosTHX0AENHQX.jpeg

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes there is strong evidence the virus is weakening.  The evidence of non hospital admissions and deaths points to this. 

The virus isn't weakening but the lockdown has meant that a number of transmission chains burned themselves out, and social distancing and other measures are limiting new ones starting and spreading.  Now more testing is happening and the medical profession understand more than they did in March and April to provide better treatment.

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The virus isn't weakening but the lockdown has meant that a number of transmission chains burned themselves out, and social distancing and other measures are limiting new ones starting and spreading.  Now more testing is happening and the medical profession understand more than they did in March and April to provide better treatment.

Maybe it's because we are not sending old people back to care homes who had the virus.

Cases were dropping before lockdown even started so why was that? 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What evidence can u show which proves the virus isn’t weakening ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

What evidence can u show which proves the virus isn’t weakening ? 

None of your conspiracy theory conclusions are facts, merely assumptions.  The onus is on you to prove your hypothesis - I simply gave alternative interpretations of the data you quoted.

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe it's because we are not sending old people back to care homes who had the virus.

Cases were dropping before lockdown even started so why was that? 

That doesn't seem correct to me.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

She’s starting to wind me up I’ll be honest. 

This really is her moment in the limelight.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

None of your conspiracy theory conclusions are facts, merely assumptions.  The onus is on you to prove your hypothesis - I simply gave alternative interpretations of the data you quoted.

Relatively low  “spikes “!rises of infections and no hospital admissions and deaths seem to be good evidence to me ? Baring in mind we are now in phase 3 of the lockdown 

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Did they not actually change the way they report deaths to same method Scotland has been using to keep its numbers down?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic