Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

If the figures in those graphs are correct then it should be the only graph worth looking at.

Appears IMO whole thing has been a scam from the get go.

Yeah let's just pretend that lockdown had no effect and that 600k people don't matter. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

You need to stop watching SkyNews, Good Morning Britain and reading the daily newspapers. If you are fit, healthy and under the age of 60 get out and get on with your life. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You need to stop reading nonsense on social media that just ignores the data.

Gut instinct is the best.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You need to stop reading nonsense on social media that just ignores the data.

Nonsense?

Seriously, do yourself a favour and follow some of these accounts on twitter, 

@cricketwyvern
@carlheneghan

@FatEmperor

@HaraldofW 

@daniellevitt22

@BallouxFrancois

@latimeralder
@AlistairHaimes
@Coronavirusgoo1

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why? Scotland won't need it, cause the FM has exercised the demon. Vaccine for less lucky nations like England. 👍 

The saviours have saved Scotland again! And when we get control of our country and border back from our hapless overlords, no one will die from the next virus. 👍

You are welcome to move to England if you want to catch Covid 20/21. 👍 No mask required. 

Scotland will need to grow some balls first for that to happen. I hope they/we do.

Walter Bishop
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If the figures in those graphs are correct then it should be the only graph worth looking at.

Dont think its been a scam, its been a blunder of massive proportions based on politics and fuelled by pure panic. The fallout from this will last all our lifetimes. 

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yeah let's just pretend that lockdown had no effect and that 600k people don't matter. 

I never said 600,000 people don't matter but in the grand scheme of things in a world that is over populated if you take emotion out of the argument it's not that big a deal.

Lockdown has benefited a lot of rich people and a vaccine and further restrictions on civil liberties will benefit them a whole lot more.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Dont think its been a scam, its been a blunder of massive proportions based on politics and fuelled by pure panic. The fallout from this will last all our lifetimes. 

Maybe scam was the wrong word but very rich and powerful people have used it to their advantage IMO.

Francis Albert
12 hours ago, Cade said:

It's quite simple. 

Wearing a mask was always a good idea.

But when we were in full lockdown and were not mixing with people on a regular basis, their effect would be minimal.

Now we're getting back out to work, shops are open and we're mixing in public again, wearing a mask provides an extra layer of safety.

That's why mask wearing has gone from "good idea" to "strongly recommended" to "mandatory".

Simple? When the virus was at its height  and spreading exponentially face covererings were not needed but now deaths and even infections have disappeared from almost everywhere in the country they are essential and mandated legally? 

One thing Peter Hitchens is right to be concerned about is the mass acceptance (even enthusiasm) for advice and rules that make little sense. In fact sometimes no sense at all. And people taking it upon themselves to police these rules.

The supermarket I visited yesterday has a "one in one out "rule. It is not a big store but has maybe 6 to 8 aisles, two manned tills and half a dozen self service tills. Customer numbers above say 20 might make social distancing slightly problematic.There was one person in the queue outside when I arrived. When the person in front entered I looked inside and saw the shop was virtually empty so I followed her in, at a distance. Logically, if a one in one out rule is strictly obeyed or enforced then unless the shop is so busy that there is always a queue (which  is not the case here) then the policy  inevitably leads after a while  to the shop accommodating just one customer at a time. The woman in front barked at me "it is one out one in" and shook her  head angrily when I ignored her. 

Passing her later (socially distanced)  I saw her handling every item on a shelf and rummaging to the back of the shelf presumably to check sell by dates. But even at the bread shelf where everything is baked today and in transparent wrapping she squeezed various of the breads before moving on.  She caught up at the tills queue where she picked up and examined a few of the items there before returning them to the shelf. She was however fully masked up and obeyed the one in one out instruction so in her mind she was complying with the rules and entitled to enforce them. 

Walter Bishop
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

I never said 600,000 people don't matter but in the grand scheme of things in a world that is over populated if you take emotion out of the argument it's not that big a deal.

Lockdown has benefited a lot of rich people and a vaccine and further restrictions on civil liberties will benefit them a whole lot more.

Exactly, too many have bought into this and are shit scared, i was one 3 months ago.

Its exactly as the UK government and sage hoped would happen given the fear agenda they had prepared and instructed the media etc to run with. 

It sounds like some need to diminish what really happened earlier this year so they can get on with their life.

I won't forget that things were hectic and crazy. And that it was the NHS doctors pleading for us to stay at home. The politicians were late to react.

Next time a new virus starts ripping through communities with scientists needing time to understand and develop treatments, I hope we lockdown again unless social distancing and mask wearing can be adhered to during the critical early stages. I have no faith in the UK public being capable of adhering to this en-masse next time, especially when there is so many conspiracies to call the whole thing a hoax that a number like to peddle because it makes the world simpler for them to digest.

Edited by kila

Countries across the globe conspired together to unnecessarily lockdown, scare people and cripple their economies. Its all part of their masterplan to... er... something. 

:cornette:

Nice of Nicola there to confirm there that the call centre in Lanarkshire was working for NHS ENGLAND.

Not playing party politics though

Zero deaths again (in Scotland) Cluster of cases in Lanarkshire call centre. 
Change in reporting from tomorrow. Only confirmed cases will be reported and not suspected cases.

Stay safe. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Nonsense?

Seriously, do yourself a favour and follow some of these accounts on twitter, 

@cricketwyvern
@carlheneghan

@FatEmperor

@HaraldofW 

@daniellevitt22

@BallouxFrancois

@latimeralder
@AlistairHaimes
@Coronavirusgoo1

Some people commenting that the above people are conspiracy theorists ? They aren’t . They are just questioning the actual stats as opposed to the measures taken by the Govt to fight the virus . They also question the media’s role in this and question this . They don’t deny there is a covid virus but most feel the response has been disproportionate to the level of deaths and actual risks to most of the population. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

As i said, there is major politics playing a part in the US. Rising cases, not so much rising deaths. The right people are those testing positive, Asymptomatics, the young and the healthy. Could this be the way of gaining herd immunity? 

Concentrate on UK, very positive few days and once PHE England sort out their figures and knock the thousands of deaths labelled as covid off their actual figures, things will start to look better. 

Sturgeon now also confirming that suspected cases, which she admitted weren't actually suspected, now quite rightly being removed from the reported figures.  Right across the UK, there has been a tendency to overplay the effects of the virus , obviously to influence population behaviour. This, however, has had negative consequences in terms of the economy and the provision of other health services.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Some people commenting that the above people are conspiracy theorists ? They aren’t . They are just questioning the actual stats as opposed to the measures taken by the Govt to fight the virus . They also question the media’s role in this and question this . They don’t deny there is a covid virus but most feel the response has been disproportionate to the level of deaths and actual risks to most of the population. 

Correct.

I believe the virus exists. I believe it is being manipulated. I am not in the least bit concerned by it. Sorry if that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Zero deaths again (in Scotland) Cluster of cases in Lanarkshire call centre. 
Change in reporting from tomorrow. Only confirmed cases will be reported and not suspected cases.

Stay safe. 

I caught the tail end of her briefing . I know it’s still on Just now . However I missed the stats etc at the beginning . I’m a big fan of Nicky but I wondered what the hell had happened when I heard I lugged into the briefingShe sounded so solemn , dour and serious , reminding us yet again regarding FACTs etc . I thought that there had been a massive rise in deaths or infections ! Apparently not . Can’t she and other try at least to concentrate on the real positives just now instead of scaring us shitless . 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon now also confirming that suspected cases, which she admitted weren't actually suspected, now quite rightly being removed from the reported figures.  Right across the UK, there has been a tendency to overplay the effects of the virus , obviously to influence population behaviour. This, however, has had negative consequences in terms of the economy and the provision of other health services.

I’ve just posted about her briefing . Any stats from today ? 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ve just posted about her briefing . Any stats from today ? 

No deaths. 22 new cases. 621?? in hospital. 4 in ICU. It's a 12.15 k.o today and all future briefings will be at 12.15.

30 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Nice of Nicola there to confirm there that the call centre in Lanarkshire was working for NHS ENGLAND.

Just in case anyone else missed it at the start of the briefing, she's just confirmed it another twice that it was for NHS ENGLAND. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No deaths. 22 new cases. 621?? in hospital. 4 in ICU. It's a 12.15 k.o today and all future briefings will be at 12.15.

Thanks . Yeah I just assumed it was 12.30. 22 new infections out of a population of 5 millions ? Ok . No indication of their seriousness either ! All seem to be from Lanarkshire I’ve just heard . 

Brazil's it's just a flu virus stance will determine if the UK's response to Covid was disproportionate or not. Our half arsed lockdown restricted Covids contagion.        

1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

Maybe it is important to clarify that because it means NHS Scotland's track/trace call centre is unaffected 🤷‍♂️

I'd hope if there was a call centre in England serving NHS Scotland they'd clarify in the same way.

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct.

I believe the virus exists. I believe it is being manipulated. I am not in the least bit concerned by it. Sorry if that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

At the start i fell into the trap of watching main stream media and listening to many sensationalists trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. Im not going to lie i was shitting myself and feared for parents, elderly relatives etc. However after sifting through all the shite i came across various accounts on twitter whom i listed above and who offer a far more balanced point of view, giving a bit of hope and light at the end of the tunnel. 

49 minutes ago, kila said:

Maybe it is important to clarify that because it means NHS Scotland's track/trace call centre is unaffected 🤷‍♂️

I'd hope if there was a call centre in England serving NHS Scotland they'd clarify in the same way.

Perhaps, but then she didn't mention anything about call centres serving Scotland on these matters.  There was no reassurance on that at all.   

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Just in case anyone else missed it at the start of the briefing, she's just confirmed it another twice that it was for NHS ENGLAND. 

:vrwow:

Walter Bishop
5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This thread has turned into a pissing contest.

Yup.

A new contagion on the loose and hospitals were in the wrong to want to close down some services and ask the nation to stay at home while they work out wtf is going on.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Yup.

A new contagion on the loose and hospitals were in the wrong to want to close down some services and ask the nation to stay at home while they work out wtf is going on.

They err’d on the side of caution and you can’t blame them for that, I certainly wouldn’t blame anyone. 
Hopefully it’s time to get things all back to normal...
I hope all the office workers stay working from home though the roads are ****ing amazing atm :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

Perhaps, but then she didn't mention anything about call centres serving Scotland on these matters.  There was no reassurance on that at all.   

Why are NHS England using scarce resources that Scotland should be using? Is the question you should be repeating. 

And did someone from England who may have travelled here, bring the fecking virus with them. 

Oh and the news telt us it was NHS England, when they reported it. I say, the news telt us it was NHS England, when they reported it. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why are NHS England using scarce resources that Scotland should be using? Is the question you should be repeating. 

And did someone from England who may have travelled here, bring the fecking virus with them. 

Oh and the news telt us it was NHS England, when they reported it. I say, the news telt us it was NHS England, when they reported it. 

I don't think it matters on what side of an imaginary line a worker lives or works. Lots of UK wide companies have workers in one part of the country, serving customers across the entire country. How do you feel about India based call centres serving Scottish customers?

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scarce resources?  Its a Call Centre.  🤣

I must've missed the big campaign

Stay Home

Protect the Call Centres 

Save Lives

57 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This thread has turned into a pissing contest.

Agree.

The conspiracy theories being thrown around here are truly pathetic and demonstrate a staggering depth of denial.

I'll not defend either government as both are going to get some bother, more so Westminster (Panorama last night tore Matt Hancock a new one), but to deny the severity of the pandemic is just embarassing.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Agree.

The conspiracy theories being thrown around here are truly pathetic and demonstrate a staggering depth of denial.

I'll not defend either government as both are going to get some bother, more so Westminster (Panorama last night tore Matt Hancock a new one), but to deny the severity of the pandemic is just embarassing.

Once the truth is out you'll be the one that's embarassed, franco. :(

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't think it matters on what side of an imaginary line a worker lives or works. Lots of UK wide companies have workers in one part of the country, serving customers across the entire country. How do you feel about India based call centres serving Scottish customers?

Scotland has disproprtionte number of call centres. The Scottish accent is apparently well received compared to say Cockney or Brum. Not sure why when it comes to weegie but there you are.

Matt Hancock has confirmed the advisory group SAGE has been downgraded and the Joint Biosecurity Centre is taking over the UK's coronavirus response. 

Interesting I wonder if they think this virus is more than a bat virus. 
Man made perhaps?

Joint Biosecurity Centre

The Joint Biosecurity Centre is a new organisation set up by the Government in May this year. 

The JBC has been tasked with monitoring disease outbreaks and has been assisting the nation's chief medical officers in setting the coronavirus threat level.    

The threat level is measured on a scale of one to five and is currently at three, meaning Covid-19 is 'in general circulation'. 

Its staff consists of epidemiologists and data analysts but its structure, and whether experts will be paid by the government, have not yet been announced.

The JBC is headed by Dr Clare Gardiner, a qualified epidemiologist, medical researcher, and cybersecurity director at GCHQ.

She reports to Baroness Dido Harding, the chief of NHS Test and Trace and the entire JBC organisation falls under the control of the Department of Health, which answers to the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock. 

It is currently unclear exactly how the JBC will operate with other bodies like Public Health England.

Edited by Boy Daniel

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, kila said:

Yup.

But I do wonder why it is still virtually impossible to get a GP appointment other than by phone or video when I can go to a pub or restaurant. 

And why GPs are planning to go down the non-contact route  beyond Covid19.

I understood the need to.protect the NHS when there was a risk of it being overwhelmed. But in the end isn't the NHS about protecting us not vice versa?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

But I do wonder why it is still virtually impossible to get a GP appointment other than by phone or video.

What other ways are possible to get a Doctor's appointment.

Ive been using the phone for as long as I can remember and strangely still can, have I been missing something?

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ive been using the phone for as long as I can remember and strangely still can, have I been missing something?

Booking online via their portal.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I meant of course get an appointment to see a doctor in person rather than arrange to talk to him or her over the phone or 

by a video link. Yes you have been missing something... 

Edited by Francis Albert

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I meant of course get an appointment to see a doctor in person rather than arrange to talk to him or her over the phone or 

by a video link. Yes you have been missing something... 

I phoned my surgery about a month ago and made an appointment and went and saw a doctor in the surgery in person, at least I think he was a person. 

Strange but true. 

Life is not the doomsday Armageddon scenario that I was envisioning 2-3 months ago. I am just relived and happy to be back out earning and socialising again. Taught me to appreciate everything and everyone I have in my life. Not a bad thing a reality check. But by Christ that was as crazy a four months that I hope to never see again. 

Hoping and praying that’s the last of that and the country can make giant strides forward now.

So many posters on this thread and over the forum who I have respected and never had an issue with over the years that I seem to have had run ins over the these past few months. FWIW, it was nothing personal and, on my part at least no lasting bitterness or hostility. I just want to get back to arguing about what matters; Hearts not ****ing face masks and a pandemic  

Clearly not out the woods yet but I for one can see the light at the end of the tunnel. out of this craziness.  

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Life is not the doomsday Armageddon scenario that I was envisioning 2-3 months ago. I am just relived and happy to be back out earning and socialising again. Taught me to appreciate everything and everyone I have in my life. Not a bad thing a reality check. But by Christ that was as crazy a four months that I hope to never see again. 

Hoping and praying that’s the last of that and the country can make giant strides forward now.

So many posters on this thread and over the forum who I have respected and never had an issue with over the years that I seem to have had run ins over the these past few months. FWIW, it was nothing personal and, on my part at least no lasting bitterness or hostility. I just want to get back to arguing about what matters; Hearts not ****ing face masks and a pandemic  

Clearly not out the woods yet but I for one can see the light at the end of the tunnel. out of this craziness.  

Pretty much what we all want pal👍🏼

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I phoned my surgery about a month ago and made an appointment and went and saw a doctor in the surgery in person, at least I think he was a person. 

Strange but true. 

Good for you. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Pretty much what we all want pal👍🏼

👍 you noticing a difference with the amount of folk in town now mate? Just the last week I have seen a change in numbers. Much more folk about now. Surprised at the numbers of tourists here already. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic